• 77 results
#1 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -
#2 Edited by Captain_Tolerable (20 posts) -

I use the Astro A50 for my PC and various other consoles. Vita I just bought some 15 dollar Playstation branded earbuds at Gamestop when I picked it up.

#3 Posted by Blackout62 (1337 posts) -

AKG K 172s for my PC and some cheap Sony earbuds for everything else. Actually the AKGs are starting to rub, anyone know a good pair of headphones in that style for about a $100? Maybe leather pads.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (259 posts) -

I've been using Skullcandy Smokin' Buds for the past...four or five years? I'm kind of in love with them. I don't do anything fancy or special, just your generic listening to music, so I don't really require a lot of bells/whistles/what have you.

#5 Edited by WEB_War4 (111 posts) -

I was using the Bose mie2i for work. I did a lot of flying and my job allowed me to listen to podcasts or music. I would have one ear piece in with the other tucked in my shirt. After 12 hours they were still comfortable. They are light and basically feel invisible. For planes, they suck. Let too much noise in so you can barely hear your audio. Very good if you need to hear somebody call your name, though. For actual music, I have the Koss PortaPro. By many accounts/reviews it is a great pair.

#6 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

The Apple ones with the silicone tips. Best $70 bucks I spent twice!

#7 Edited by MegaLombax (387 posts) -

Used the iFrogz Ronin. Sound quality is okay, plus its not too expensive.

#8 Edited by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

Bowers and Wilkins C5s and P5s

I do miss my HiFiMan RE-0s though... closest to the kind of sound I want my headphones/earbuds to produce.

Tempted to pick up some Fischer Audio DBA-02s

#9 Posted by mellotronrules (1183 posts) -

i have 2 pairs. for music production and at-home/computer/close listening, i use sennheiser hd 280s. for out-and-about/ipod/gym listening i use sennheiser cx300s. yeah, i'm probably a senns fanboy but i appreciate clarity and accuracy above everything else- so it figures. although i've been hearing really great things about these audio-technicas, so that'll probably be the next pair i buy.

#10 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

These tiny things.

I'm not too impressed with the sound, but by a mile they're the most comfortable ear buds I've ever worn.

For game playing I use Sennheiser eh250s. Or I used to before the cable got worn out. If I want to play Rock Band drums properly, I'll need to be buying a replacement cable eventually.

#11 Edited by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

Logitech G35s, great headphones, although now I mostly use my speaker system. I have some random JVC earphones for my ipod/phone, I fucking hate earbuds.

#12 Posted by Zella (730 posts) -

Klipsch X7i's, got them on sale during boxing day and I love them. The fit is incredibly comfortable and the build quality seems to be great. When it comes to sound quality they are pretty awesome, they won't impress any audiophiles but for a small pair of earbuds they are pretty strong. When I first got them higher volumes were sometimes a little harsh but as they've been burned in they've become much smoother.

#13 Posted by DystopiaX (5300 posts) -

Audio Technica ath-m50s. Cheap but really nice sound.

#14 Posted by MoltenBoron (89 posts) -

I have a pair of Sony MDR-V6's. They have pretty great sound and they're pretty inexpensive for what they offer. When I need buds I use a pair of cheap Panasonics.

#15 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

Bose AE2. Amazing quality, I just wish they were that bit louder. When I can't afford to take around bulky headphones, though I usually just carry some nondescript Sony earphones, which are also consistently decent.

#16 Posted by edwardt (62 posts) -

I have a pair of the Shure 535s which are pretty good. But when I feel like using a pair of headphones I have some Grado sr60i which are probably the best value ever.

#17 Posted by mellotronrules (1183 posts) -

@edwardt said:

I have some Grado sr60i which are probably the best value ever.

yeah i bought my friend a pair of those- i should just pick some up for myself. i forgot to mention- THESE are the ultimate objects of my desire. too bad i have no $$$.

#18 Edited by Caustic_Fox (112 posts) -

My first 'real' set of headphones was a Sennheiser EH 150 that I used for a few years. Currently, I'm using a JVC HA-RX700 pair (For $35... these are a steal for SQ.). As for ear-buds I have some V-Moda Bass Freq. As You can probably tell, I'm kinda of a bass head.

#19 Edited by atomic_dumpling (2469 posts) -

KOSS KSC75

The over-ear version of the KOSS Porta Pro using the same driver. These things are amazing for the price. Sure, they look like an hearing aid, are not isolated at all and the connector is flimsy as hell, but the sound is absolutely worth it. They are my main headphones for everything. I just have to keep in mind to adjust the volume down when others are around -- which is seldom enough.

#20 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2504 posts) -

My setup is kindof wierd. I chose to go for a dedicated mic since I can't be parted from my headphones, so my setup is (and it isn't likely to change any time soon);

PC/PS3/360 -> Nuforce Icon HDP DAC/Amp -> Denon AH-D5000 Headphones

& PC -> Blue Microphones Yeti

With some el-cheapo Sony earbuds for the gym since no matter what they use they tend to break in 3-4 months anyway. (I was so mad when my Klipsch X-10s died, followed by a pair of Etymotic HF5s )

@blackout62 said:

AKG K 172s for my PC and some cheap Sony earbuds for everything else. Actually the AKGs are starting to rub, anyone know a good pair of headphones in that style for about a $100? Maybe leather pads.

Almost everyone I talk to keeps loving on the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones (eg @mellotronrules )- and the reviews / average reviews kindof speak for themselves when it comes to these. I personally prefer the Shure SRH440 headphones. Both are fantastic and well worth the cash (and you don't need an amp for either).

If you can spring for it, though, the latest and greatest player in the $100-200 space is the Logitech UE6000 set (surprising audiophiles world over).

#21 Posted by Irishmarkerhead (38 posts) -

Sennheiser MX 365 earbuds. They're cheap enough that if I lose or break a pair its not a big deal to buy another while having decent enough audio quality.

#22 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Cheap and nasty sony buds while i'm on the cheap and nasty bud, sonny.

I'm so sorry.

#23 Posted by Kazona (3064 posts) -

For my phone (the s3) I use the headphones that came with it, and they sound surprisingly good. For my pc I use Soundblaster Tactic Alpha, which are okay but nothing to brag about (I merely got them because I needed a reasonably good headset)

#24 Posted by Beaker (94 posts) -

I use some cheap Sony ear buds for when I'm out and about.

#25 Posted by kroonberg (27 posts) -
#26 Edited by SMTDante89 (2564 posts) -

Been using Sennheiser 202's for music for over a year now (also handhelds). Absolutely no complaints about them.

#27 Edited by Laksa (240 posts) -

Ad 900 and ck10. Say no to beats ,dre's and skullcandys.

#28 Edited by TobbRobb (4598 posts) -

Steelseries Siberia v2 for PC use and Sennheiser CX300-II Precision for travelling.

#29 Posted by Wacomole (818 posts) -

I use a set of SONY MDR-7506 pro headphones for video production, but they're also really comfortable so I also use them for just kicking back and listening to music/TV and games.

#30 Posted by GinjaAssassin (158 posts) -

For the most part (iPod, DS, travel use) I use my Bose On-Ear Headphones that I've had for a few years now.

For PC, I have a Tritan AX Pro headset. That thing is an obnoxious beast with pretty great sound quality, but in the past year the wire cover has begun to unravel on it's own which is kind of a bummer.

I also on occasion use the newest Apple ear buds that came with my iPod 5. I have some pretty wonky ears so smaller buds don't usually stay in, but those work really well and produce impressive quality for the size.

#31 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I use the apple earpods

#32 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

Nothing fancy right now. I just have these Sennheiser MX 365 earbuds.

#33 Edited by Lava (665 posts) -

I use Bose IE2 in-ear headphones. They sound amazing.

#34 Posted by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

AKG K701

Expensive, but I got them from my sister at Christmas so I'm fine with it. But probably the best headphones I've used in my life.

#35 Posted by Cameron (597 posts) -

Audio Technica ATH-M50's for most things at home. I also have a pair of Bowers and Wilkins P5's for when I'm traveling or when I need to move around while listening to something. I love both sets, though the M50's definitely sound better.

#36 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -

Philips headphones. Cheap and great sound quality.

#37 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

Sennheiser HD 598s. Best headphones I've ever owned.

#38 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

Sony Pulse Elite for my PS3/PC, and some standard $25 Sony in ear buds for my 3DS/PSP/Phone.

At first I thought I would hate the Bass Impact of the Pulse, turns out I think its the greatest thing ever.

#39 Edited by Ekami (256 posts) -
#40 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -
#41 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1381 posts) -

I use the PS3 Wireless Headhopnes for my general gaming headset (the one gripe i have with them is that if the usb dongle breaks you gotta buy a new headset.....which happened)

For no gaming i use the Sony Rcok'n Buds. They are 15 bucks, sound good (to me....i'm not an audiophile), and the 3.5mm jack is at a 90degree angle so the connection last a long time.

#42 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (759 posts) -

I use Beyerdynamic DT 1350 sealed headphones. Sound quality is top notch. I've had them for a year and a half and they can still surprise me in terms of audio quality.

I also like to listen to music when I'm in bed and in that case I actually prefer my Koss Porta Pro's. They are light and don't press your head so hard as the DT's. Sound quality isn't as good, but they are more comfortable when you're trying to catch some zzz's. Plus they are cheap so I won't feel too bad if I manage to break them in my sleep.

#43 Edited by Chop (1996 posts) -

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 515's and some Creative 660 ear buds. I hardly use the cans anymore; my raging audiophile side has pretty much died over the past few years, so yeah, not a huge whore for quality anymore.

#44 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4338 posts) -

Audio Technica ath-m50s. Cheap but really nice sound.

This, I got them for like a $100 during the black friday sales on amazon. Solid studio headphones for my PC and nearly everything else. I'll use shitty apple ear buds for when I'm mobile cuz I don't care as much about quality when I'm moving.

#45 Posted by Scrawnto (2440 posts) -

@edwardt said:

I have some Grado sr60i which are probably the best value ever.

yeah i bought my friend a pair of those- i should just pick some up for myself. i forgot to mention- THESE are the ultimate objects of my desire. too bad i have no $$$.

Absolutely. I'm a big fan of Grado headphones. I started with the SR60, but these days I have the SR225 at work and SR325i at home. Incredible headphones, and the value of the SR60 is unparalleled.

@laksa said:

Say no to beats ,dre's and skullcandys.

This should be the basic takeaway from this thread. Do your research. Buy some real headphones. Many audiophiles may be pompous assholes, but they test this stuff rigorously, and they do know what they are talking about.

#46 Edited by BigBoss1911 (2434 posts) -

Sennheiser HD 203s for my pc. Best headphones for the price ($50).

#47 Posted by AlexW00d (6235 posts) -

Pair of Sennheiser HD449s when I am at home and a pair of £35 in-ears I found on Amazon that had really decent reviews from a bunch of audio websites.

#48 Posted by squiDc00kiE (351 posts) -

Apple pack-in for casual listening, then Astro A40's for PC/console/records

#49 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

I have these kinda shitty Sennheiser HD201 cans that I'm using as a cheap-n'-dirty replacement for my busted Grados while I decide whether to get them repaired or to just save some cash to upgrade and get some REALLY nice Grados.

#50 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Some kind of Steelseries ones for my PC and some generic $10 ones on my phone for listening to podcasts on my way to work.