• 163 results
Posted by Alex (1826 posts) -

UPDATE: The ESRB just rated an Xbox 360 version of Witcher 2. So, hey, there's that.

--

Let it forever be known that there is absolutely such a thing as getting a little too cute with your E3 teases. I adore it when developers drop little hints about things they plan for the show, while maintaining a certain level of surprise-protecting secrecy in the process. It builds hype. It's fun. I like fun.

Is that an Xbox port I see on the horizon?

However, maintaining that Goldilocksian balance of "just right" for such teases is difficult, as evidenced by this recent bit of info dropped by a developer from CD Projekt, the studio behind the delightfully lurid Witcher RPG franchise. In speaking to Eurogamer, Senior Producer Tomasz Gop told the site that something Witcher-related is on the horizon for E3. Okay, so far so good. So, what delectable little hints can you drop for us, Tomasz?

"I can't say anything obviously for gazillions of reasons but it is a Witcher game, and I can say that console gamers might be interested in it."

Wow, okay, so that's a bit of an info dump. Not a tease, really. More of a, "Hey, we're doing a console Witcher thing." But hey, at least that leaves some info to chance. Could this be a console port of the studio's just released The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings? Or perhaps it's an announcement of a third Witcher game, which could also be coming to cons--

"No, I'm not going to lie to you, we haven't started work on The Witcher 3," he said. "But it's possible we might do it in the future."

SIGH. Fine. It's probably a console port of Witcher 2. Way to say pretty much everything by trying to say nothing, Tomasz. You've spoiled all my fun. I LIKE FUN.

On the plus side, hey! Now there's probably going to be a console version of The Witcher 2. Now maybe Patrick will quit all his infernal bellyachin'.

Staff
#1 Posted by Alex (1826 posts) -

UPDATE: The ESRB just rated an Xbox 360 version of Witcher 2. So, hey, there's that.

--

Let it forever be known that there is absolutely such a thing as getting a little too cute with your E3 teases. I adore it when developers drop little hints about things they plan for the show, while maintaining a certain level of surprise-protecting secrecy in the process. It builds hype. It's fun. I like fun.

Is that an Xbox port I see on the horizon?

However, maintaining that Goldilocksian balance of "just right" for such teases is difficult, as evidenced by this recent bit of info dropped by a developer from CD Projekt, the studio behind the delightfully lurid Witcher RPG franchise. In speaking to Eurogamer, Senior Producer Tomasz Gop told the site that something Witcher-related is on the horizon for E3. Okay, so far so good. So, what delectable little hints can you drop for us, Tomasz?

"I can't say anything obviously for gazillions of reasons but it is a Witcher game, and I can say that console gamers might be interested in it."

Wow, okay, so that's a bit of an info dump. Not a tease, really. More of a, "Hey, we're doing a console Witcher thing." But hey, at least that leaves some info to chance. Could this be a console port of the studio's just released The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings? Or perhaps it's an announcement of a third Witcher game, which could also be coming to cons--

"No, I'm not going to lie to you, we haven't started work on The Witcher 3," he said. "But it's possible we might do it in the future."

SIGH. Fine. It's probably a console port of Witcher 2. Way to say pretty much everything by trying to say nothing, Tomasz. You've spoiled all my fun. I LIKE FUN.

On the plus side, hey! Now there's probably going to be a console version of The Witcher 2. Now maybe Patrick will quit all his infernal bellyachin'.

Staff
#2 Edited by listerfeend (54 posts) -

WITCHER! 

Edit: Actually The Witcher on consoles would be outstanding.

#3 Posted by Carnin (40 posts) -

wow

#4 Edited by Zabant (1223 posts) -

Considering the 360 control mapping already in the pc release and controller friendly gameplay this coming to consoles was always an option on the projekts table i'm guessing. That, and you know SALES.

#5 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

I hope it does come to consoles. I know a lot of people who would buy that in a second. And more money for such a fantastic dev is good news in my book. 

#6 Posted by amorbis (73 posts) -

While I can't say for certain, I believe I will be very excited about this console Witcher game, because, you know, I own a console. 

No promises though. Only if it were to happen.

#7 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -
@Fjordson said:
I hope it does come to consoles. I know a lot of people who would buy that in a second. And more money for such a fantastic dev is good news in my book. 
#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6060 posts) -

The write up I saw from PCGamer said it wasn't Witcher 2 for consoles. They claim something completely new.

#9 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

Most likely a console port for the Witcher 2.   

Though a Witcher 1 remake with the witcher 2 engine for consoles sounds intriguing as well.

#10 Posted by Chris2KLee (2308 posts) -

Maybe they are gonna try and salvage the Witcher console game they were working on. I think it would be nice to have both games on the console, but as Patrick said, it's probably just a Witcher 2 port announcement.

#11 Posted by MisterMouse (3531 posts) -

That could be really cool if that is what it is... which is probably is.

#12 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Awesome, PC gamers can continue to suck it.

#13 Posted by SomethingClever (411 posts) -

I was thinking of getting Witcher 2 on my PC but I'm still a console gamer primarily.  I would be willing to wait for it to hit consoles.  

#14 Posted by Garadon (90 posts) -

They said it's a completely new project, so I doubt it's a console port of The Witcher 2.

#15 Posted by Ryoman (8 posts) -

Yay! I was hoping for this. Hopefully it actually happens unlike the console port of Witcher 1. 

#16 Posted by Metal_Mills (2948 posts) -
Here is a leaked screenshot of Flotsam Forest.
#17 Posted by Aetheldod (3338 posts) -

Weren't they going to do it anyway? But anywho Im glad they are doing it as I want to play Witcher 2 , but I can't because I dont have a PC for it

#18 Posted by raiz265 (2232 posts) -

fuck consoles, just give me witcher 3!

#19 Posted by amir90 (2134 posts) -

I doubt it will be a console port (even though they could make one).
Make the witcher 3 goddamnit! I cannot wait 4 more years, lol.

#20 Posted by bslayer (208 posts) -

that would be awesome cause my computer can't run it.

#21 Posted by Zabant (1223 posts) -
@Metal_Mills said:
I bet there the neckbeard PC elitist responsible for that image was beside himself with laughter as he made that. 
#22 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -
@Metal_Mills said:
Well seems like something a good PC franchise turns into on consoles.
That picture is the best thing ever.
#23 Posted by Undeadpool (4866 posts) -

I might actually buy it again on consoles depending on what they threw in.

#24 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

I'm calling it right now: downloadable Witcher game for XBLA/PSN

#25 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -
@Undeadpool: Triple the amount of witcher-on-wench action.
#26 Posted by endaround (2129 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
I'm calling it right now: downloadable Witcher game for XBLA/PSN
Don't forget an iOS port!
#27 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -

God I would be so happy and pissed at the same time if they released like an orange box sort of deal where they put Witcher and Witcher 2 out in one package at a normal game price onto consoles. 

This would be so awesome of them, and it's right up their alley too.

#28 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Metal_Mills said:
here's the next sequel : 

don't worry about the "only on X360" tag - the 360 is getting the head start is all
#29 Posted by Kaspar (159 posts) -
@Zabant said:
@Metal_Mills said:
I bet there the neckbeard PC elitist responsible for that image was beside himself with laughter as he made that. 
Most of them looking at this post seem to be.
#30 Posted by muralbat (152 posts) -

Having just started playing the original Witcher and seeing the quicklook. I'm really not sure I want this on consoles, but hey, they can try to convince me

#31 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Zabant said:
@Metal_Mills said:
I bet the PC elitist that made that picture came just thinking about it.
#32 Posted by EmuLeader (556 posts) -

I was just thinking the other day a 360 release would be awesome.  Game looks amazing, but my computer is trash.  I'm hoping it'll come soon, specifically to the xbox.

#33 Posted by chickdigger802 (501 posts) -

Now rockstar should return the favor with LA Noire for pc.

#34 Posted by chickdigger802 (501 posts) -

Oh, watch this be leading on project cafe. That would be hilariously awesome

#35 Posted by buft (3298 posts) -

I hope so, i would buy it on PC but i cant afford a great PC right now and it looks incredible

#36 Posted by thehoodie (1 posts) -
@listerfeend: I'm not so sure, I feel like the controls don't really lend themselves to the console. That said, I would've said that about a number of other games but devs have made them for consoles anyways.

Also I'd be really mad if it was the Witcher.
#37 Posted by TehJedicake (867 posts) -

God fucking damn it, this was supposed to be my dream game where only hardcore PC gamers would get it, not to have it ported for consolefags and ruin it.

#38 Posted by Bumpton (424 posts) -

Awesome! I was really wanting to check this out despite my shitty PC. Looks like if I just hold off for a bit I won't have to resort to crazy PC tinkering!

#39 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

Maybe its a double collection of witcher and witcher 2 or something, i hope witcher 2 comes to consoles because i don't much care for pc gaming.

#40 Posted by mbr (43 posts) -

'Imagine Witcher' for the 3DS.

#41 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@chickdigger802 said:
Oh, watch this be leading on project cafe. That would be hilariously awesome
ooh man that would be hilarious.
#43 Posted by Metal_Mills (2948 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
@Zabant said:
@Metal_Mills said:
I bet the PC elitist that made that picture came just thinking about it.
I bet the console fans looking at it got angry and upset over an image. Oh hey you two!
#44 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -

The link to the tweet doesn't work, what did it say?

#45 Posted by Euey (109 posts) -

I will definitely be up for some of that action.

#46 Posted by Carlos1408 (1462 posts) -

This is pretty cool. I saw the quick look for the witcher 2 and it looked awesome. I don't have any computers that could ever run that game to a decent standard. So a console port would be great. I'd love myself a new fantasy game to play over the summer! :D

#47 Edited by EDfromRED (126 posts) -

I'd get it as long as it's not dumbed down like Dragon Age 2 was
#48 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@TehJedicake said:
God fucking damn it, this was supposed to be my dream game where only hardcore PC gamers would get it, not to have it ported for consolefags and ruin it.
keep dreaming :(  us PC gamers are forever fucked.
#49 Posted by gannon16 (73 posts) -

Downloadable dice poker game?

#50 Edited by lordofultima (6186 posts) -

@TehJedicake said:

Why would you not want the game released on consoles? So less people can purchase a fine game like the Witcher 2? So they can't make back revenue just to satisfy some silly notion that they'll be hurting their "loyal" PC fanbase? I don't get it. The game plays better on a gamepad anyway, that's what I play it on, not really any work to do to get it on consoles.