• 133 results
#1 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

Name a movie you seen recently and give your thoughts about it. For me I just got done watching Dear John. Halfway through the movie it made me angry and sad. I felt bad for the main character it makes you feel like relationships don't lasts. Its one of those types of movies I never want to see again.

#2 Posted by gaminghooligan (1403 posts) -

saw Moonrise Kingdom the other day. Funny. But if you don't like Wes Anderson you won't like this one anymore than the others. DKR of course, but I need to see it a few more times before I speak on it. Also on the netflix side I enjoyed the cult classics Dead End Drive In and Evil Dead

#3 Posted by probablytuna (3523 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises, The Dark Knight Rises and I think I might go see The Dark Knight Rises again in IMAX.

#4 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

In theaters: Dark Knight Rises. First time I've been to theaters in almost two years. Had a great time with it upon first viewing. Not sure how it will hold up with repeat viewings.

On DVD/Blu-Ray: The Artist. I think making this a silent film gave it a lot of charm and did wonders for the film. Uggie the dog was really great too. I laughed a good bit through the movie and had a wonderful time watching it.

I'll likely watch Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike sometime this weekend, waiting to watch it with a friend.

#5 Posted by Darkstorn (463 posts) -

I just saw 'In Bruges' and loved it. At first I wasn't clear if the film was a dark comedy or just 'dark,' but the way the plot developed was absolutely insane.

I loved all the characters (the cynical, racist dwarf was especially excellent) and the second half of the movie blew my mind.

It's a perfect example of a slow burn that pays off if you stick with it.

#6 Posted by LTSmash (598 posts) -

X-Men:First Class - I was surprised after all of the praise last year to personally find it kind of silly and boring. Except of course for Fassbender as Magneto.

#7 Posted by Redbullet685 (6017 posts) -

In Theaters - Gonna go see DKR sometime this week which will be my first theater trip since Scream 4 last April.

On DVD/Blu-Ray - Taxi Driver, LA Confidential, Hang 'Em High. All great movies.

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (35802 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises.

#9 Edited by falserelic (5270 posts) -

I seen The Dark Knight Rises. To me it was alright it was Slow at times but I enjoyed it. Batman really got fucked up in the movie. Bane really did beat the living shit out of him.

#10 Posted by gaminghooligan (1403 posts) -

@Darkstorn: In Bruges is fantastic, one of the first movies I bought on BluRay

#11 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

Another movie I seen more recent is The Amazing Spiderman. I enjoyed the movie it was fun to watch. At the beginning it starts off slow but then picks back up. Watching spiderman fight the lizard was pretty cool.

#12 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

i saw TDKR and it was pretty cool. it was slow and kinda confusing at first but then it took off and became a blast to watch

#13 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises. Loved it. And I rented Indie Game: The Movie from my On Demand service and found it to be a really well done documentary.

#14 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

For some reason I can't get this image out of my head.

#15 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

Hey has anyone seen the movie Ted? I was thinking about watching that movie next

#16 Posted by Sackmanjones (4650 posts) -

Batman begins. The Dark knight. The dark knight rises. One of the best trilogies in recent memory

Also saw spiderman not too long ago and it was ok. Still prefer 2 over all. Got to see oceans 11 and that was pretty good.

#17 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

So much of The Dark Knight Rises.

#18 Edited by Ghost_Cat (1376 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises, Beyond the Black Rainbow, and Moonrise Kingdom, which was very good. Like what gaminghooligan said: if you are not into Wes Anderson films (or quirky indie films in general), then you won't like it at all.

#19 Posted by GalacticGravy (540 posts) -

Triangle. It was abysmal.

Then I saw The Dark Knight Rises and thought it was better than all other Batman films.

#20 Posted by dagas (2744 posts) -

I don't see many movies. last one I saw was The Avangers with my girl friend. She have seen the Thor movie and those others it was based on but I have not and she likes comics more than me so she liked it more than I did. it was still alright but I was expecting more from Joss Whedon since I am a huge Buffy, Dollhouse and Firefly fan.

#21 Posted by Rafaelfc (1311 posts) -

this last weekend I watched:

Batman (1989), Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin

tonight i'm gonna watch Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, and tomorrow i'll go watch the Dark Knight Rises

So much goddamn batman!

#22 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

@dagas said:

I don't see many movies. last one I saw was The Avangers with my girl friend. She have seen the Thor movie and those others it was based on but I have not and she likes comics more than me so she liked it more than I did. it was still alright but I was expecting more from Joss Whedon since I am a huge Buffy, Dollhouse and Firefly fan.

I seen the Avengers too. I wish there was more action scenes. But overall I enjoyed the movie. Ironman and the Hulk kicked the most ass.

#23 Posted by Pezen (1550 posts) -

Gremlins 2.

Not sure why, but I never really thought about how many times that movie breaks the fourth wall and almost deconstructs itself. It's like the entire film is Gremlins 2 and a Gremlins 2 parody at the same time.

#24 Posted by me3639 (1705 posts) -

Not the best documentary, but totally fascinating.

#25 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

@Pezen said:

Gremlins 2.

Not sure why, but I never really thought about how many times that movie breaks the fourth wall and almost deconstructs itself. It's like the entire film is Gremlins 2 and a Gremlins 2 parody at the same time.

I seen gremlins 2 along time ago it was a strange movie..

#26 Edited by Intro (1205 posts) -

Ted, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 3D, Spiderman 3D, The Dark Knight Rises and then I finally saw Batman Begins yesterday.

I thought all of those movies were great. I'm currently watching Inception for the first time, excluding opening day at the theatre years ago. Might go see Ted and Batman again while they're still out, I work at a theater sadly but I get free movies with friends and such.

@falserelic said:

Hey has anyone seen the movie Ted? I was thinking about watching that movie next

It's hilarious, I'd go see it. Especially if you're a fan of Seth MacFarlane's comedy/humor that you'd find on Family Guy or American Dad. I'm not saying that if you don't like his shows, you won't like the movie, it's still a solid comedy regardless.

#27 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

@Intro said:

Ted, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 3D, Spiderman 3D, The Dark Knight Rises and then I finally saw Batman Begins yesterday.

I thought all of those movies were great. I'm currently watching Inception for the first time, excluding opening day at the theatre years ago.

I still got to watch inception I heard it was pretty good.

#28 Edited by falserelic (5270 posts) -

Some more movies that I can think of that I saw 2 weeks ago. Is limitless and Friends With Benefits. Friends With Benefits was pretty much two friends having sex for fun. Then limitless was about a guy who takes this drug that unlocks his brain and makes him smart.

#29 Posted by believer258 (11562 posts) -

@falserelic said:

Name a movie you seen recently and give your thoughts about it. For me I just got done watching Dear John. Halfway through the movie it made me angry and sad. I felt bad for the main character it makes you feel like relationships don't lasts. Its one of those types of movies I never want to see again.

My Junior English teacher had us read the book for that. She was a horrible English teacher.

Anyway, I saw Drive recently. I think it was a good movie, it just wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting an action movie, basically a more serious version of the Fast and Furious movies. What I got was a pretty dark and grim small-time crime movie with a, um, "crushing" elevator scene and a very quiet protagonist.

Seriously, that guy in the elevator. I normally don't get shocked much by something brutal, but he caved that dude's face in. With his foot.

#30 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

I saw this small indie movie called the Dark Knight Rises. You've prob never heard of it before.

#31 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@falserelic said:

My Junior English teacher had us read the book for that. She was a horrible English teacher.

Anyway, I saw Drive recently. I think it was a good movie, it just wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting an action movie, basically a more serious version of the Fast and Furious movies. What I got was a pretty dark and grim small-time crime movie with a, um, "crushing" elevator scene and a very quiet protagonist.

Seriously, that guy in the elevator. I normally don't get shocked much by something brutal, but he caved that dude's face in. With his foot.

I was thinking about watching that movie I might check it out.

#32 Posted by Menkhor (47 posts) -

Ted was goddamn hilarious. The plot (and ending) were a little stupid, but you're not watching it for the plot. You will laugh your ass off.

#33 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

@Menkhor said:

Ted was goddamn hilarious. The plot (and ending) were a little stupid, but you're not watching it for the plot. You will laugh your ass off.

Ted is going to be the next movie I'm going to watch tonight.

#34 Edited by stryker1121 (1323 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I saw this small indie movie called the Dark Knight Rises. You've prob never heard of it before.

Yeah, that quirky Zac Braff /Parker Posey rom-com about two people who fall in love at a LARP convention. Super cute.

#35 Posted by BaneFireLord (2907 posts) -

From Dusk Till Dawn. As far as I'm concerned, that movie should be part of the Dresden Files canon.

#36 Posted by LTSmash (598 posts) -

@Darkstorn said:

I just saw 'In Bruges' and loved it. At first I wasn't clear if the film was a dark comedy or just 'dark,' but the way the plot developed was absolutely insane.

I loved all the characters (the cynical, racist dwarf was especially excellent) and the second half of the movie blew my mind.

In Bruges has a lot of "Did that just happen?" moments.

#37 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@LTSmash said:

@Darkstorn said:

In Bruges has a lot of "Did that just happen?" moments.

Love the part when the couple try to rob him with blanks and blinds the boyfriend. Hated Colin Farrel before that movie too, funny great performance.

#38 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@SMTDante89 said:

In theaters: Dark Knight Rises. First time I've been to theaters in almost two years. Had a great time with it upon first viewing. Not sure how it will hold up with repeat viewings.

On DVD/Blu-Ray: The Artist. I think making this a silent film gave it a lot of charm and did wonders for the film. Uggie the dog was really great too. I laughed a good bit through the movie and had a wonderful time watching it.

I'll likely watch Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike sometime this weekend, waiting to watch it with a friend.

The Fucking Artist was horrible. Can't believe that movie won best picture almost as forgettable as The Hurt Locker. Infact when was the last decent movie that won a oscar? Dark Knight should of won Best Picture instead of Slum Dog Millionaire, Avatar should of won aswell. They are the movies people will be talking about when they talk about movies from the 2000's in 20 years.

#39 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

Hmm....last one I saw in theaters was Brave. Thought it was a good movie, though it felt like Pixar just played it too safe.

Watched Darkon on Netflix the other day. It was an OK documentary on LARPing.

#40 Edited by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

Dark Knight Rises. Thought it was very good, although the weakest of the Nolan trilogy. Also saw Savages, which I didn't like so much. I think the game has passed Oliver Stone.

Watched Inglourious Basterds again the other night too after seeing the trailer for Django Unchained. Oooh boy.

#41 Posted by theANCIENTgray (78 posts) -

The Big Heat

Still so good.

#42 Posted by Clonedzero (4038 posts) -

the last movie i saw was The Faculty on netflix. yes that 1998 alien parasites invading a highschool movie. lol.

#43 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3095 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises. It was great! That point has already been made elsewhere.

#44 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

I just seen the movie Ted on my computer. It was alright it had a few laughs.

@Clonedzero said:

the last movie i saw was The Faculty on netflix. yes that 1998 alien parasites invading a highschool movie. lol.

I remember that movie I seen it when I was a kid. Where the students were only able to kill the aliens with only ink. It was a fun sci-fi movie to watch at the time.

#45 Posted by Clonedzero (4038 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@Clonedzero said:

I remember that movie I seen it when I was a kid. Where the students were only able to kill the aliens with only ink. It was a fun sci-fi movie to watch at the time.

it wasn't ink. one of the kids was a drug dealer and he would sell pens full of homemade speed for other kids to snort. so they'd jam the pens full of it into the aliens and it'd kill them. drugs saved the day!

#46 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

@Clonedzero said:

@falserelic said:

@Clonedzero said:

it wasn't ink. one of the kids was a drug dealer and he would sell pens full of homemade speed for other kids to snort. so they'd jam the pens full of it into the aliens and it'd kill them. drugs saved the day!

O LOL! I must have forgotten about that in the movie..

#47 Posted by andriv (254 posts) -

Dark Knight Rises, very predictable but a good movie

#48 Posted by SinGulaR (2249 posts) -

Vexille

It started promising but stopped being good half way through. Maybe I expected to much Binary Domain plot of it.

#49 Posted by natetodamax (19164 posts) -

The last movie I watched was Act of Valor. I enjoyed it as a pure action film, though I wouldn't call it amazing or anything like that. It was fun to watch.

#50 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

@Voxel said:

The last movie I watched was Act of Valor. I enjoyed it as a pure action film, though I wouldn't call it amazing or anything like that. It was fun to watch.

That's another movie I've been meaning to watch. I'm going to see if I can watch it on my computer.