• 152 results
#51 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6287 posts) -

This new Pusha T mixtape goes hard. I've got no idea why an actual former coke dealer like Pusha is working with that fat, lying piece of shit Rick Ross though.

ME-YUNS-INNA-CEILIN!

#52 Posted by RonnytheBear (5 posts) -

New Propagandhi melts some serious face, as does the new converge.

#53 Posted by nerdsbeware (223 posts) -

New Tegan and Sara came out on Tuesday. It's pretty solid.

Aside from that, it's not really "new" but Miami Nights 1984 - Turbulence is pretty hot.

#54 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

Um, as far as that relaxing indie stuff, I sometimes listen to Toro Y Moi whenever my friend puts it on. That shit's cool, but ah, I'll just stick with Chemical Brothers. Maybe some Thievery Corporation. Its not like I go and find that stuff, but that shit's alright.

@Everyones_A_Critic: That Pusha T goes hard! I did listen to Wrath of Caine, and shit was great! I'll still go back to Fear of God every once in a while.

@RonnytheBear: Converge has a new album? I need to try that.

#55 Posted by mlarrabee (2885 posts) -

Two Steps From Hell - Nero

Jamie Cullum - Twentysomething

#56 Posted by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

Helloween's new album "Straight Out of Hell" I'm not really sure what to think about this one, I like the first and last few songs, but the middle kind of drags for me.

Also Voivod's "Target Earth" which I like a lot more. This is actually my first Voivod album, they've been one of those bands I've been meaning to check out for years now and their new album just came out and it was cheap, so I felt it was time to take the plunge and I'm glad I did.

#57 Posted by Stevemax (142 posts) -
#58 Posted by anarchyzombie9 (615 posts) -

Yellow Loveless is great and the new A$AP Rocky album is amazing in spots. I like the new TMBG EP a bit.

#59 Posted by ottoman673 (480 posts) -

Not exactly new-new, but i've been a huge fan of good kid, m.A.A.d city by Kendrick Lamar. One of the better CDs to come out since the late 90's-early 00's

#60 Posted by Ryanmgraef (228 posts) -

I hate anything that is new...I suck. But still fuck new rap.

#61 Posted by FonkyMucker (147 posts) -

Big Business is one of my favorite bands to come out of the late 2000. It's hard to explain how a band can be so epicly heavy, only hearing them can do justice.

Here's one of my favorite songs by them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJzPQxBEEIs

In a completely different vein, I am also really digging The Joy Formidable's new album "Wolf's Law"..........any rock group that has a female singer that uses her voice in interesting ways always gets a listen in my book, and the band is extremely tight.

I have also been listening to Frank Zappa's "Apostrophe" and "Over-Nite Sensation".....which are timeless classics in my eyes (ears?).

#62 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -
#63 Posted by tp0p (53 posts) -

The newest thing I listened to was Frank Ocean. I think he's alright. I tried to listen to edward sharpe and the electric zeroes recently. I didn't enjoy that very much. Kinda just diggin back into the beatles again because damn they are good.

#64 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I mostly listen to electronic music and hip-hop and the start of this year has been slow for both save for some hip-hop reissues such as J Dilla's Donuts (bummed I didn't get a copy of the 45 box set before it sold out) and Nas' Illmatic

#65 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

Phaeleh - From the Vaults EP

Great dubstep producer. Not "dubstep" of the skrillex "variety" by the way. Phaeleh has such fantastic atmospheric mesmerizing tunes. Can't get enough of this dude.

#66 Posted by gunstar (247 posts) -

Duh. The new My Bloody Valentine

#67 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@gunstar said:

Duh. The new My Bloody Valentine

#68 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1669 posts) -

@nerdsbeware said:

New Tegan and Sara came out on Tuesday. It's pretty solid.

I was disappointed with it, but not surprised that I was disappointed. They've been transitioning away from their roots into mainstream pop stuff that doesn't do anything for me, starting with Sainthood. I doubt they'll ever put out anything that I like better than The Con. So it might not even necessarily be a quality issue, they just aren't for me anymore. But I can always spin their old records whenever I want :)

Personally, I've been listening to the new album from The Night Marchers, Allez Allez, quite a bit. They are the newest band from John Reis, who has been in Sultans, Hot Snakes, Rocket from the Crypt, among others. They just write some fun rock and/or roll songs, which is I think is exemplified by this track pretty well:

#69 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -
#70 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3555 posts) -

My top ten for 2012, in no particular order:

Reign of Terror - Sleigh Bells

Some Nights - Fun

The Idler Wheel... - Fiona Apple

Be the Void - Dr Dog

Gossamer - Passion Pit

Grace & Lies - Family Band

Synthetica - Metric

Theater is Evil - Amanda Palmer

Little Broken Hearts - Norah Jones

My Head is an Animal - Of Monsters and Men

If you don't hate what you do know on the list too very much, maybe try some of the things that you don't know. Your mileage may vary.

#71 Edited by Ben_H (3310 posts) -

MC Eiht's "Keep It Hood" EP. I don't listen to a lot of new music (or rap at all) but I bought this. Gotta support Eiht, he is one of the few guys from my favourite era of gangster rap (the early 90s) that still does this properly. It isn't super deep but the whole EP is great driving music. Really nice production. "Bigg" is probably my favourite but "Make Me Some Mo" is also quite good.

#72 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

Right now, and for the past day or 2.

Kavinskys new album.. Outrun
It is, in a word.. amazing
No link, because technically it's only coming out today.

#73 Posted by luchadeer797 (294 posts) -

Been listening to a lot of Foal's "Holy Fire" lately. It strikes me as the high point of their maturation as artists with "Providence" and "Late Night" as some of the best tracks. Also started listening to Iceage's "Your're Nothing" and it seems good so far.

Can't wait for the new Phoenix album though.

#74 Posted by TheHT (10880 posts) -

Making my "The All-Playlist" as I repeat music from the Witness and Game of Thrones trailers. The only forthcoming album I'm waiting for is Woodkid - The Golden Age so when it comes out I'll be listening to that.

Pre-emptive posting. Taking care of the things that really matter, I am.

#75 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -

I've been listening to nothing but the Japandroids.

#76 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

uh... tegan and sara but I've never listened to them before so thus have no predetermined preference, and it's pretty good I guess?

Also, the new Cult of Luna is out... I have yet to listen to it however! I did listen to one of the songs and it was great so I have no doubt this one is choice as well (eternal kingdom is probably one of my favorite metal albums ever).

#77 Edited by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

so lately i've been checking out...

iamamiwhoami - kin (eccentric swedish pop- similar to fever ray) here's a sample

atoms for peace - amok (that new supergroup with nigel godrich, thom yorke and flea) here's a sample

blue hawaii - untogether (canadian indie electronic duo similar to purity ring- but with a better singer IMO [she's also from the excellent group braids]) here's a sample

and that new single from the knife. because IT'S THE KNIFE!

#78 Posted by Chop (1994 posts) -

I've had The Procussions on repeat.

Uggg...their new song is so fucking good. I can't wait for that new album.

#79 Edited by Lubermans (20 posts) -

This is great. That most recent Gaslight Anthem album is really good, and yeah yeah yeah that Tegan and Sara album is hellof good. A$AP, Alt-J, Death Grips, music, sounds, waves, listen, GO!

#80 Edited by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

@twoheadedboy said:

This is great. That most recent Gaslight Anthem album is really good, and yeah yeah yeah that Tegan and Sara album is hellof good. A$AP, Alt-J, Death Grips, music, sounds, waves, listen, GO!

ha- your comment just reminded me they have a new record coming soon. and yeah- i wasn't sold on that new gaslight from the beginning, but it's grown on me a great deal.

#81 Posted by EVO (3864 posts) -

Still listening to Tame Impala's Lonerism and Melody's Echo Chamber.

#82 Edited by Tajasaurus (793 posts) -

The Bronx's latest album repeat forever

#83 Edited by Meltac (1999 posts) -

Hm, the newest album I'm listening to at the moment is Aesop Rocks Skelethon, which came out mid 2012. Still one of my favorite albums from last year!

EDIT: I guess P.O.S.' newest album came out more recently, but it's been some time since I actually gave that one a spin.

#84 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -

I installed the Rolling Stone Recommends app in Spotify. Whenever they review an album, they put it in a playlist alongside the review. It's a pretty cool way to check out new music.

#85 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

Mac DeMarco's album 2 is my favorite album from the past few months.

#86 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (530 posts) -

Nothing new yet. However, tomorrow I will be listening to The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories) by Steven Wilson.

#87 Posted by T1000 (45 posts) -

The Scorpions. Even though they aint been out recently, but I think they came out back in like 2008 or 2009.

#88 Posted by thebipsnbeeps (545 posts) -

A lot. The new thing I'm excited about the most is Yo La Tengo's new album. Never really listened to their stuff before, so maybe fans have different opinions, but I think it's a mind-blowin' set of songs.

#89 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Last new thing I listened to was Asap Rocky's LONG LIVE ASAP. It's great.

#90 Posted by Kidable (126 posts) -

It's real good

#91 Edited by hiono (48 posts) -

been listening to atoms for peace-amok and this rapper called milo

#92 Edited by envane (1159 posts) -

Autechre's new albumn Exai .. is great .. 2 hours of insanity .. i listen to it almost daily atm

https://bleep.com/release/41081-autechre-exai - for some previews

#93 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -
#94 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1693 posts) -

The new Soilwork double album The Living Infinite. I've been listening to it regularly since it came out. Holy fuck...what a mind-blowing masterpiece. One of the best metal albums to come out in years.

#95 Edited by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -
#96 Edited by Marcsman (3116 posts) -

Device ( even though I only got one song from the prepurchase)

Stone Sour House of Gold & Bones ( disappointing )

Nonpoint - Nonpoint This is just a fucking awesome album

Shinedown- Amaryllis

Red Light King

Slash featuring Myles Kennedy ( that man can flat out sing)

Aranda

#97 Edited by Pr1mus (3809 posts) -

Newest album i've been listening to lately is Kavinsky's OutRun. It's pretty good.

#98 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

The new My Bloody Valentine album juxtaposed against some good old fashioned Waka Flocka Flame. TURNT UP

#99 Edited by Pikawai (135 posts) -

I'm listening to a jazz compilation called : Autour De Minuit, many famous jazz songs are on it.

#100 Posted by zenmastah (876 posts) -

not exactly new, but ive been listening to Silkies first album City Limits Vol 1 lately.

Still so good.