• 152 results
#101 Posted by cheishxc (92 posts) -

You said Emarosa so I'm assuming you listen to Dance Gavin Dance (or, if you haven't you should because it has a lot of the same members.) I also recommend Memphis May Fire, The Fall of Troy, Sleeping with Sirens, Pierce the Veil, and Trophy Scars. They're all good Equal Vision/Rise hardcore bands.

#102 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

@cheishxc said:

You said Emarosa so I'm assuming you listen to Dance Gavin Dance (or, if you haven't you should because it has a lot of the same members.) I also recommend Memphis May Fire, The Fall of Troy, Sleeping with Sirens, Pierce the Veil, and Trophy Scars. They're all good Equal Vision/Rise hardcore bands.

Yup!, DGD. I have their newer shirt. I know what MMF is, sure. Ha!, Fall of Troy broke up, sorry oh well. SwS got weird with their newer stuff, still very good, just soft. PtV, sure, a favorite, year before last. And, I haven't heard of Trophy Scars, so I should check that out. ~ Neat, thanks!

[Tyler Carter's, pretty good too.]

#103 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3105 posts) -

Defeated Sanity - Passages into Deformity

Devourment - Conceived in Sewage

Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam

#104 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -
#105 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@bwast: haha, Wardruna, I haven't listened to them in a while. How's the album, similar?

(I enjoyed it enough but I find other neo folk stuff like Rome to be more my speed)

#107 Edited by ShaggE (6331 posts) -

Nothing really "new" (as in 2013), but I've been going down the rabbit hole of steampunk music lately. A lot of Abney Park in particular.

#108 Edited by Milkman (16526 posts) -

I'm listening to The 20/20 Experience right this second. It's pretty good.

#109 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -
#110 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

The new Phosphorescent album is pretty good.

http://phosphorescentmusic.com/

#111 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

The new How To Destroy Angels album is pretty dope.

#112 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

@milkman said:

I'm listening to The 20/20 Experience right this second. It's pretty good.

BAM. 'blue ocean floor' hit me in the tenders, but it's all getting better with repeated listens.

#113 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -

None. I keep listening to old ones I already bought.

#114 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

An ever expanding playlist on Spotify, and if I feel like something specific, I just branch out from there and listen to whatever album that would be. Quite often, I listen to contemporary game soundtracks, which Spotify has a surprising number of. Yes - you should be into spotify. Big time.

As for the last album I listened to, upon the suggestion of a GiantBomb duder, was OutRun by Kavinsky. Quite awesome.

#115 Edited by The_Grindilow (429 posts) -

Frank Ocean

Kendrick Lamar

Tame Impala

Atoms For Peace

S'all ya need

#116 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Puscifer's Donkey Punch The Night

#117 Posted by zenmastah (876 posts) -
#118 Edited by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

Oh shit, that's out? How is it? After the amazing Souls to Deny, I haven't been all that impressed by their post reformation material. I keep hoping because they are one of my favourite bands

#119 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

@shagge said:

Nothing really "new" (as in 2013), but I've been going down the rabbit hole of steampunk music lately. A lot of Abney Park in particular.

I'm pretty sure one of your posts introduced Steam Powered Giraffe to me a few months back, and I listen to them all the time now. I'm pretty ignorant of steampunk music beyond that though. I'll have to check out Abney Park.

#120 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@mildmolasses said:

@apparatus_unearth said:

Oh shit, that's out? How is it? After the amazing Souls to Deny, I haven't been all that impressed by their post reformation material. I keep hoping because they are one of my favourite bands

I've also been listening to this album a lot. It's great, better than everything they've put out since they got back together in my opinion.

#121 Edited by ShaggE (6331 posts) -

@scrawnto said:

@shagge said:

I'm pretty sure one of your posts introduced Steam Powered Giraffe to me a few months back, and I listen to them all the time now. I'm pretty ignorant of steampunk music beyond that though. I'll have to check out Abney Park.

I don't think that was me, as I only discovered Steam Powered Giraffe a few days ago, haha. My steampunk collection only consisted of Dr. Steel and Emilie Autumn (and I have trouble justifying her as steampunk... more straight-up Victorian) before that.

Definitely check Abney Park out, though. I've really taken to this song in particular, although it's more reminiscent of 80s goth than steampunk :

#122 Edited by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -
#123 Posted by xeno1053 (15 posts) -
#124 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6386 posts) -

The new Parenthetical Girls album, Privilege, despite needing to be in very specific moods to enjoy, is my jam right now.

One of the best songs on the album:

#125 Edited by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

Still rocking new BTBAM and patiently waiting for the new Dillinger Escape Plan.

#126 Posted by Zella (701 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

Puscifer's Donkey Punch The Night

Man Maynard is a weird dude

Just picked up Intronaut's new album, Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words With Tones), and it's all the sludgy prog metal I was hoping for. Also listening to the Sound City soundtrack, Real to Reel, find it kind of hit and miss. Really like the McCartney/Nirvana(Cut Me Some Slack) and Grohl/Homme/Reznor(Mantra) tracks.

#127 Posted by 49th (2691 posts) -

Nothing too recent although the new QOTSA album has just been announced! I am way more excited than I though I would be - I've been listening to the 5 second snippets they put out lol

#128 Posted by casper_ (901 posts) -

broadcast was a kinda psychedelic 60's pop inspired band from england that also did some more out stuff. singer died a couple years ago.

#129 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

@49th: I've been waiting on that, forever! Cool! ~ Now, just Brand News' left..

#130 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 experience.

#131 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

This thread singlehandedly got me out of a music rut after I've been lazily listening to the same shit for at least one year. Thanks guys, got some stuff off iTunes and some other stuff bookmarked on youtube ^^

Funny thing is at first I was alienated by both the strange names in here and their sounds when I looked them up. I'm in my 20s and I felt like an old man being bewildered by kids' music today!

Alt-J,An Awesome Wave

Long Live A$AP, by A$AP Rocky

@tomkang said:

Lindsey Stirling - Lindsey Stirling

@zella said:

Been loving Baroness's (slightly) new album Yellow and Green, Time I by Wintersun is as epic as I could ever could have expected

Loving all of these so far.

And I gotta say Justin Timberlake's new record is surprisingly soulful and enjoyable.

#132 Posted by OneManX (1680 posts) -

Yeah 20/20 Experience for me currently...

GoodKid/Mad City from Kendrick Lamar and Childish Gambino's Royalty are pretty much my album rotation

#133 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3105 posts) -

Within the Ruins - Elite

Still that new Defeated Sanity, it's damn good.

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience

#134 Edited by Bwast (1342 posts) -
#135 Edited by analog00 (14 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwGwD-0OYuM

Milo - Things That Happen In The Day / Things That Happen In The Night

Not an album but a double EP.

#137 Edited by DevinEJPage (18 posts) -
#138 Posted by Pezen (1562 posts) -

Been mostly listening to David Bowie's new album The Next Day. And waiting patiently for the upcoming Ghost album coming in April;

#139 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

MySpace: Lil Wayne: I Am Not A Human Being II Its just banger hits like always. This one is just a tiny bit better, than those Carter albums. But its really just easy listening, to fuck around with. Juicy J did some damn good features in it. 2 Chainz did alright.

MySpace: 30 Seconds to Mars: Up In The Air Yeesh. They sure drift way farther from This Is War, huh?. Ah. Its closer to the dubstep/Top Billboard Pop than ever. But, its fine. I won't buy it anyway.

MySpace: Senses Fail: Renacer Um. At least it sounds new. They tried a little hard to do some Spanish songs. Uhh, they tried being a little more angry this time around. So it sounds like something a BMTH would do.

#141 Posted by i_got_an_F (25 posts) -

Was listening to the Kavinsky album (the guy who did the Drive soundtrack).

#142 Edited by Mocca_Bear (60 posts) -

Just started my 3-hour train ride listening to Port of Morrow by The Shins. Super mellow way to start, and end mind you, the week.

#143 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

MySpace: Neil Davidge: Halo 4 (Soundtrack) - I'm surprised how much I liked this. I liked enough that I bought it, so I guess that's something. I loved the techno tracks at the end of the Deluxe Edition. And it holds me down until I finally get the Destiny Soundtrack. I WANT that so-o much.. :D

MySpace: Fall Out Boy: Save Rock and Roll - I need to give this a second listen, but I liked what I heard. It didn't get cringe-worthy, as i much as I thought of 90's girl R&B. But Stump does it well. I had several favorite tracks, and I loved it had several features. Including muthaducking Elton John!?, there's a 2 Chainz remix on SoundCloud, Big Sean, and I forgot who else. It felt a little short. But sweet-sweet goodness, instead of Black Cards,. waiting for another album to come out.

iTunes: M83: Oblivion (Soundtrack) - So, I never really listened to M83 much, but i know they're pretty good. This soundtrack is awesome though! I love the epic orchestra stuff, mixed with light-techno. I loved the experience. :)

MySpace: The Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Mosquito - I liked this album more than Its Blitz.. Its a little more grungy and trashy.. In a good way! And I liked that it was just a little bit slower and droney. So, I guess that's it..

MySpace: Kid Cudi: Indicud - Well. I liked it was better than his last one. And the only song I ever listened to again and again on his first one was, TGIF. So, at least I'm looking forward to listening to this again. I think because its just so fucking dark, and I think its alot of 808 beats.. I can't tell, really.. But, I sure liked it! And WZRD was alright.

MySpace: Killswitch Engage: Disarm the Descent - I like what I hear right now. Its just that.. Well, it sort of sounds like videogame music.. Like its retro and fun. When the verses start, I like the happy chords they sort of go with. Like.. Its not hard-deathly sounding, just fast. It’s a nice sound. Its just, not really what I like.. I guess I just prefer Mastodon a little more. I dunno..

iTunes: The Bunny The Bear: Stories - A new album is usually never as good as the first. Same here. I’m kind of weirded out by the hardly-angry vibe it has. Its fun to listen to. Just, not really worth dropping effort in Drop, Dead Gorgeous. But that’s a band-thing, its whatever. Still. This is a very fun album, it just takes a while to get there. It also has this weird Cinderella and 80’s girl rock-group vibe, now that I think of it.

MySpace: Stone Sour: House of Gold & Bones Part 2 - I liked this album a bit. Its like acoustic-hard Slipknot. A little too much Americana for my taste, but I’m surprised how much I liked it. I like that last song, “The House of Gold and Bones” Pun..

MySpace: The Flaming Lips: The Terror - Oh shit! I didn’t know this was gonna start so abstract! Its like Chemical Brothers, almost.. This shit’s good.. Very sweet. Why did Coyne have to go do Virgin commercials, when this sounds so good??. Mmm... Oh shit, this trips you up.. They always have, though.

MySpace: OneRepublic: Native - I like that this album feels a little less Disney, a little more.. folk music. Its mainstream, dancey, fun and spirited. I love this album so much. It does feel a little Native-American, with the drum beats. Crazy fun-all-night dancing, warm thoughts. Wow, this is good.

iTunes: Bring Me The Horizon: Sempiternal - I like that they had a song that sounds like early Ot’s trance. I like that the gang vocals were a little-more sing-songy. I liked the symphony stuff, mixed with those screaming burning vocals.

iTunes: Bad Religion: True North - I had fun listening to this, I don’t give a shit. I like the grown-man lyrics, and I’m okay with that. That double pedal. Oh, and Nothing To Dismay’s lyrics made me smirk.

#144 Posted by aurahack (2264 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: Robotobots is dope. Some seriously great instrumental hip-hop.

I'm not really listening to any new albums at the moment. Still enjoying Ken Ishii & Marc Romboy's Taiyo, which came out earlier in the year.

#145 Edited by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I really should listen to the new Paramore album, but instead I've just been listening to Controlling Crowds (2009) by Archive. Woe is me.

#146 Edited by DukesT3 (1891 posts) -

Daft Punks new album eventually.

#147 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7050 posts) -

I'm listening to Daft Punk's Get Lucky on repeat.

We rub a Mexican Monkey...

#148 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

Kurt Vile's new album is really great.

#149 Posted by hiono (48 posts) -

@analog00 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwGwD-0OYuM

Milo - Things That Happen In The Day / Things That Happen In The Night

Not an album but a double EP.

glad to see this guy getting his name out ive loved pretty much all his stuff.

not new but two door cinema club- tourist history

#150 Edited by theuselessgod (299 posts) -

Billy Talent's "Dead Silence." I love these crazy canadians to death, and they're one of the best alt. bands in recent memory.