#1 Posted by Aegon (6615 posts) -

The question has been brought up multiple times by the bomb crew, most recently on the latest Volgarr Breaking Brad episode (mere minutes ago). Personally, as a dude, I think the mixture of formal with casual clothing is what stands out to me as unique to the 2000's. For example, someone in the chat mentioned J Allard,

Although I personally prefer a hooded trench coat rather than wearing a hoodie underneath a blazer.

#2 Posted by Stonyman65 (3013 posts) -

I'd say jorts and/or bleached/dyed hair.

So basically Guy Fieri or early 2000's era Jeff and Ryan.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36566 posts) -

Nobody knows; we were all on the Internet.

#4 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (835 posts) -

Early 2000s had more of a style I'd say, it was bleed-over from the late 90s. Frosted tips, spiked hair (gelled hair of any kind i guess), bowling shirts, baggy shirts, tons of different stuff. Very late 2000's saw more of those hipster styles which I definitely prefered to the early 2000s look. Always hated that early 2000's look though so I never dressed like that.

#5 Posted by chrismafuchris (1154 posts) -

I don't know, but I'm sure trucker hats factor in somehow

#6 Posted by ikilledthedj (369 posts) -

I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time.

#7 Edited by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

Only marketers and douchebags wore a hoodie/blazer combo by choice.

#8 Edited by BBAlpert (1799 posts) -

I'd like to throw this into the mix for consideration, and because it always makes me smile seeing Ryan lose his goddamned mind with joy.

Loading Video...

PS: Alter Echo came out mid-2003

#9 Posted by mlarrabee (3206 posts) -

It's the 1950s turned punk.

Think about it: suit coats, but with hoodies. Clipped hair, but with duckbills.

#10 Posted by Korwin (3320 posts) -
Loading Video...

The one TRUE glorious vision of the future.

#11 Posted by Brodehouse (10476 posts) -

The protagonist of I Threw It On The Ground represents the 10s.

#12 Edited by Wuddel (2296 posts) -

Yeah. The style of 25 year old men changes all the time. The style of 45 year old men hasn't changed much for about 200 years. IMHO that is a good thing. The inclusion of the jeans was probably the last big thing.

#13 Posted by Atlas (2558 posts) -

I was wearing t-shirts, black jogging bottoms (sweat pants), and skater shoes with black/navy/grey socks in the 2000s, when I was aged 11-21. It continues to form the entire basis of my "look". I am just about the least fashion conscious person in existence. I also used to wear a knit cap (beanie, toboggan, whatever) a lot, including indoors and during summer.

That aside, hoodies is clearly the biggest fashion trend of the 2000s in the UK. It had everything you look for; they were ubiquitous across multiple groups and age brackets, and old people regarded youngsters wearing hoodies with suspicion - hoodies were even banned from major shopping centres because they were associated with young hoodlums and kids with ASBOs. I own three hoodies, and I never wear them with the hoods up; the hooded nature of them is entirely irrelevant.

#14 Posted by Chop (2010 posts) -

Yeah, zip up hoodies is a good answer

#15 Posted by Jams (3043 posts) -

A lot of Polo and Ralph Lauren type clothes from what I remember. (by future rapist and certain gang bangers)

Loading Video...

Some groups wore Dickies with lip nose ear piercings. Lot of Sean Jean first came out then too. Some Mecca and Ecko and FUBU.

#16 Posted by rachelepithet (1582 posts) -

Christian Rock bands turned secular. Big oval belt buckles. Crew cuts. Fake British accents. Plaid long shorts. Fedoras. Vests. Ponchos. Navy blue Ambercomby light hoodie with a studded extra wide black belt. Paramore. Rubber sandals with crate pattern holes in them. Boots with the furrrrrrr. Chinese tattoo with a backstory.