#1 Edited by falserelic (5412 posts) -

Since were about to have a fresh start soon. What are things that you hope to accomplish in 2014?

(For me)

1. I'm planning on losing more weight. (I will reach my ultimate physique at all cost)

2. I want to get my drivers license. ( I'm tired of walking to work all the time)

3. I want to make up for a bad choice I did in the past. ( Its best not for me to talk about it over the internet. I'm sure there's people that can relate, but the majority of you won't)

4. I want to be more socially active. ( I suck at being social, but I hope to improve that in 2014)

5. I want to do some fun shit that I've never did before ( I want to ride a motorcycle, go sky diving, ride a jet ski and other stuff. It dawned on me how fast time goes by, and now I want to just do stuff before It's too late.)

6. I want to go to a strip club (Yep, I'm just going to go by myself, and just enjoy myself watching girls dancing and undressing.)

Well that's it for now. I'm sure there's going to be other stuff I want done, but for now this is all I got.

#2 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2363 posts) -

I think you mean New Year's Resolutions. :D

Anyway, for the past couple months I've been working on rebuilding myself as a person. Trying to become a more sociable dude is the ultimate goal of this and I hope to finish that quest next year. Getting my own car is also high on my priorities list.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -

None because they are fucking stupid.

#4 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

I think you mean New Year's Resolutions. :D

Anyway, for the past couple months I've been working on rebuilding myself as a person. Trying to become a more sociable dude is the ultimate goal of this and I hope to finish that quest next year. Getting my own car is also high on my priorities list.

LOL! my mistake, but yeah being more social is one of my goals. At work people think I should lighten up more.

#5 Posted by White (1341 posts) -

I think I'm gonna stick to 1920x1080. I don't see myself getting a new monitor anytime soon.

#6 Posted by ToTheNines (712 posts) -

Cut out gluten and meats from my diet. Mostly as an experiment.

#7 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Nothing. Just because the date on a calendar switches over doesn't mean anything about me is going to magically change. I will just keep trying - and failing- to work towards the same goals I always do in my life.

#8 Posted by afabs515 (1019 posts) -

Continue to lose weight/drink less soda. I managed to lose 5 lbs simply by cutting most of the soda out of my diet and replacing it with water, so hopefully I have the willpower to keep up that trend and start exercising a bit.

#9 Posted by Atomic_Olive (16 posts) -

It's not necessarily a resolution but I'm going to focus on getting my GPA up as high as I can in the upcoming year. I'm sitting at a 3.1 now after retaking some classes but I narrowly passed Calc II after taking it a third time.

#10 Posted by Zeik (2364 posts) -

I generally don't make resolutions and I'm not going to say this year is all that different, but I have some goals I want to accomplish this year that I've been putting off for far too long, so if you want to call those resolutions then I won't disagree.

#11 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (533 posts) -

@white said:

I think I'm gonna stick to 1920x1080. I don't see myself getting a new monitor anytime soon.

I don't know. 2560x1600 seems pretty good.

#12 Posted by Vuud (1958 posts) -

Get my damn tires rotated.

#13 Posted by Beforet (2916 posts) -

Get in shape. Get my fucking academic life back in control (failed my first class in college this semester. Calculus, but still, da fuck Beforet?). Get a job. You know, basic shit that needs doneing.

#14 Posted by StarFoxA (5146 posts) -

I'm moving up from 1280x800 (on a Macbook Pro) to 1920x1080 (building a PC). Maybe even 3840x1080 if I'm feeling adventurous.

#15 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (4952 posts) -

Nothing cause it wont change anything.

#16 Edited by dawnclover (104 posts) -

Get in shape. Release my first solo album. Release my next game(s). Be more socially active.

2013 was the first year where I actually managed to finalize two "New Year's Resolutions" I set for myself, so hopefully 2014 goes the same.

#17 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5428 posts) -

I don't usually make resolutions, but there are certain goals I've set for myself and already began taking steps to meet.

1. Lose weight (Already lost 8 pounds)
  2. Build a Pc (I have 3 of the 11 components I need so far)
  3. Travel more (My family and I are taking a cross country trip sometime in January)
  4. Write more
  5. Read (Consume) more books (It doesn't really count as reading, but I signed up for audible last month and have already made my way through a few books)
  6. Consolidate my useless/unnecessary belongings (Cleared out my media shelf of old games, put them into a disc binder and got rid of the cases)(I only kept the cases for the ones I treasure).
  7. Further my college education
#18 Posted by 49th (2731 posts) -
  • Start going to the gym properly. I've been going for a few months but I need to start really making an effort.
  • Get a part time job before January. I have £50 bet on this which is a good incentive.
  • Put a lot effort into my final university projects.
#19 Edited by Vrikk (895 posts) -

Lose 15 pounds.

#20 Posted by Vrikk (895 posts) -

@starfoxa said:

I'm moving up from 1280x800 (on a Macbook Pro) to 1920x1080 (building a PC). Maybe even 3840x1080 if I'm feeling adventurous.

har har har. never heard that before.

#21 Edited by falserelic (5412 posts) -

We all can make change happen, but we all have to make it happen. Before 2013 I remember telling myself I wanted to make my life better, and for most part I accomplished some goals. I got a job, lost a shit ton of weight, and got other stuff done. Though I did have my failures, but in the end I can't let it bring my spirits down. Life goes on and I still got to keep moving forward. So now 2014 is coming up and I want to make more progress.

#22 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -
  1. Continue to exercise, lose weight (Managed to lose 20 this past year, would like to lose another 20 next year)
  2. do everything in my power to switch careers and find a job that I can at least tolerate...
#23 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Nothing. New Year's Resolutions aren't very popular up here.

#24 Posted by crithon (3138 posts) -

none, this year I got stuck babysitting babies and puppies. I learned how good life is.

#25 Posted by Hamst3r (4481 posts) -

Punch Houdini in the stomach.

#26 Edited by White (1341 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

Punch Houdini in the stomach.

This might help.

#27 Posted by shinboy630 (1135 posts) -

If all goes according to plan, 2560x1440.

#28 Posted by ChoboBot (133 posts) -
  1. Exercise and lose some weight
  2. Participate in the 50 books/50 movies challenge
  3. Blog about the 50 books/50 movies challenge
  4. Become the best PS4 gamer (not sure how this is achieved)
  5. Learn about Chemistry
  6. Learn about Astronomy
#29 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Am I the only one who wants to gain weight?... Seriously I am eating so much and a lot of snacks, I dont do exercises and i still cn not gain weight even through my doctor said everything is ok and this is not a mater of illness or so.....

#30 Posted by wemibelec90 (1629 posts) -

1. Get back to studying Japanese, with the intent of being able to understand it fairly well by the end of next year.

2. Write more often and do some intense thinking/research about ways to improve my writing.

3. Stop buying games that I don't need and finish the ones I already have and want to play.

4. Learn more life skills (cooking, social skills, etc.) for when I eventually have to leave the house and live like a normal human being.

#31 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@darji said:

Am I the only one who wants to gain weight?... Seriously I am eating so much and a lot of snacks, I dont do exercises and i still cn not gain weight even through my doctor said everything is ok and this is not a mater of illness or so.....

The only thing I can think of is you haven't reached a caloric surplus (Take in more calories then your body needs to put on weight), or it could be genetics. Though I'm not surprise you want to put on weight. Lots of skinny dudes in the fitness world wants to put on weight. So they can build muscle and feel aswome about themselves, but sometimes that can backfire and they end up putting on too much weight.

#32 Edited by Vanek (382 posts) -

I never really bothered in the past but this year I am given how much I hate my life. Here's the current list ...

1. Put on weight (it's really hard for me) and start exercising regularly.
  2. Update my CV and do whatever it takes to get a new job.
  3. Attempt to start fixing my completely busted social life.
  4. Start doing new things and stop being bound by routine.
#33 Posted by Cramsy (1166 posts) -

Really happy with my progress in life this year. Happy with what I achieved and happy where I stand going into next year.

Goals:

1. Work out and put on a little weight
  2. Achieve near fluency in Mandarin
  3. At least upper intermediate level Korean
  4. Take the trans-siberian through Russia

#34 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

@darji said:

The only thing I can think of is you haven't reached a caloric surplus (Take in more calories then your body needs to put on weight), or it could be genetics. Though I'm not surprise you want to put on weight. Lots of skinny dudes in the fitness world wants to put on weight. So they can build muscle and feel aswome about themselves, but sometimes that can backfire and they end up putting on too much weight.

Yeah it is genetics as far as I know since many people in my family are skinny. Also I do not even want to gain much muscles since I would be way too lazy for that. I just want to get to a nice weight since I am pretty skinny and sometimes people think I am sick or don't think I eat too much until they see me eat XD

#35 Posted by Kidavenger (3532 posts) -

For 2013 my resolution was to finish 52 games in the year, I'm at 47 now, still hoping to make it but time is running out fast.

For 2014 I'm going to read 12 novels, I used to read a decent amount but I started Catch 22 about 4 years ago and I've been stuck on it, thought it was supposed to be a good book but it's killing me.

#36 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3801 posts) -

@falserelic: I also eventually said "I gotta go to a strip club" and found it to be a profoundly sad place... and an expensive one.

Anyways, for me, it's to make a game. I've wanted to get into it for basically my whole life but I have put it off, but enough of that. It's just the thing I have to do.

#37 Posted by UitDeToekomst (709 posts) -

@artisanbreads: gotta agree with you about the strip-club thing. one of three saddest places one can go to, along with the zoo and the circus.

#38 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@uitdetoekomst: @artisanbreads: I actually heard afew guys said it would be a sad place, but knowing me I'm probably going to do it just to experiment with it. Then again my morals might kick in and I might end up regretting it.

#39 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3801 posts) -

@falserelic: I think I'm a good guy, but it's less that than just in reality having it in front of you... it isn't that appealing. But to be fair I haven't been to the nicest strip clubs... maybe that's better?

And I definitely appreciate women, the idea should be appealing (I thought it would be) but in reality, I didn't enjoy it. But hey man, people go, so obviously not everyone feels the same.

Spending money for something hollow also is very unappealing to me too.

#40 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

My big goal is to stop gaming for good.

#41 Posted by Pezen (1594 posts) -
  • Conitnue with my 2013 goal of consistently hitting the gym.
  • Start reading/listening to books.
  • Put more time into teaching myself how to use game development tools.
  • Put more time into music creation.
  • Continue experimenting with photography and try to be more consistent with updates to my portfolio.
  • Write more. Blog more. Just in general, be more active in writing down thoughts and opinions.
  • Get more sleep when I sleep so I don't sleep when I could be doing something more constructive.
#42 Posted by BonzoPongo (111 posts) -

1. New job

2. Demand satisfaction

#43 Posted by Christoffer (1798 posts) -

1. Be a bit more like Brad Muir :D

#44 Posted by ChoboBot (133 posts) -

@dcgc said:

I don't know what's harder this or NoFap challenge?

#45 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@chobobot said:

@dcgc said:

I don't know what's harder this or NoFap challenge?

I'll say Nofap challenge, but if someone was to stop gaming. Then what will be the point to visit giantbomb.