What's your New Year's Resolutions for 2014?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

Since were about to have a fresh start soon. What are things that you hope to accomplish in 2014?

(For me)

1. I'm planning on losing more weight. (I will reach my ultimate physique at all cost)

2. I want to get my drivers license. ( I'm tired of walking to work all the time)

3. I want to make up for a bad choice I did in the past. ( Its best not for me to talk about it over the internet. I'm sure there's people that can relate, but the majority of you won't)

4. I want to be more socially active. ( I suck at being social, but I hope to improve that in 2014)

5. I want to do some fun shit that I've never did before ( I want to ride a motorcycle, go sky diving, ride a jet ski and other stuff. It dawned on me how fast time goes by, and now I want to just do stuff before It's too late.)

6. I want to go to a strip club (Yep, I'm just going to go by myself, and just enjoy myself watching girls dancing and undressing.)

Well that's it for now. I'm sure there's going to be other stuff I want done, but for now this is all I got.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think you mean New Year's Resolutions. :D

Anyway, for the past couple months I've been working on rebuilding myself as a person. Trying to become a more sociable dude is the ultimate goal of this and I hope to finish that quest next year. Getting my own car is also high on my priorities list.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

None because they are fucking stupid.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you mean New Year's Resolutions. :D

Anyway, for the past couple months I've been working on rebuilding myself as a person. Trying to become a more sociable dude is the ultimate goal of this and I hope to finish that quest next year. Getting my own car is also high on my priorities list.

LOL! my mistake, but yeah being more social is one of my goals. At work people think I should lighten up more.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I think I'm gonna stick to 1920x1080. I don't see myself getting a new monitor anytime soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cut out gluten and meats from my diet. Mostly as an experiment.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Nothing. Just because the date on a calendar switches over doesn't mean anything about me is going to magically change. I will just keep trying - and failing- to work towards the same goals I always do in my life.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continue to lose weight/drink less soda. I managed to lose 5 lbs simply by cutting most of the soda out of my diet and replacing it with water, so hopefully I have the willpower to keep up that trend and start exercising a bit.

Skewers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not necessarily a resolution but I'm going to focus on getting my GPA up as high as I can in the upcoming year. I'm sitting at a 3.1 now after retaking some classes but I narrowly passed Calc II after taking it a third time.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I generally don't make resolutions and I'm not going to say this year is all that different, but I have some goals I want to accomplish this year that I've been putting off for far too long, so if you want to call those resolutions then I won't disagree.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@white said:

I think I'm gonna stick to 1920x1080. I don't see myself getting a new monitor anytime soon.

I don't know. 2560x1600 seems pretty good.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get my damn tires rotated.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Get in shape. Get my fucking academic life back in control (failed my first class in college this semester. Calculus, but still, da fuck Beforet?). Get a job. You know, basic shit that needs doneing.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

I'm moving up from 1280x800 (on a Macbook Pro) to 1920x1080 (building a PC). Maybe even 3840x1080 if I'm feeling adventurous.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing cause it wont change anything.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By dawnclover

Get in shape. Release my first solo album. Release my next game(s). Be more socially active.

2013 was the first year where I actually managed to finalize two "New Year's Resolutions" I set for myself, so hopefully 2014 goes the same.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I don't usually make resolutions, but there are certain goals I've set for myself and already began taking steps to meet.

1. Lose weight (Already lost 8 pounds)
  2. Build a Pc (I have 3 of the 11 components I need so far)
  3. Travel more (My family and I are taking a cross country trip sometime in January)
  4. Write more
  5. Read (Consume) more books (It doesn't really count as reading, but I signed up for audible last month and have already made my way through a few books)
  6. Consolidate my useless/unnecessary belongings (Cleared out my media shelf of old games, put them into a disc binder and got rid of the cases)(I only kept the cases for the ones I treasure).
  7. Further my college education
49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Start going to the gym properly. I've been going for a few months but I need to start really making an effort.
  • Get a part time job before January. I have £50 bet on this which is a good incentive.
  • Put a lot effort into my final university projects.
Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vrikk

Lose 15 pounds.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starfoxa said:

I'm moving up from 1280x800 (on a Macbook Pro) to 1920x1080 (building a PC). Maybe even 3840x1080 if I'm feeling adventurous.

har har har. never heard that before.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By falserelic

We all can make change happen, but we all have to make it happen. Before 2013 I remember telling myself I wanted to make my life better, and for most part I accomplished some goals. I got a job, lost a shit ton of weight, and got other stuff done. Though I did have my failures, but in the end I can't let it bring my spirits down. Life goes on and I still got to keep moving forward. So now 2014 is coming up and I want to make more progress.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

1. Continue to exercise, lose weight (Managed to lose 20 this past year, would like to lose another 20 next year)
  2. do everything in my power to switch careers and find a job that I can at least tolerate...
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Nothing. New Year's Resolutions aren't very popular up here.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

none, this year I got stuck babysitting babies and puppies. I learned how good life is.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Punch Houdini in the stomach.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By white

@hamst3r said:

Punch Houdini in the stomach.

This might help.

Loading Video...

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If all goes according to plan, 2560x1440.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Exercise and lose some weight
  2. Participate in the 50 books/50 movies challenge
  3. Blog about the 50 books/50 movies challenge
  4. Become the best PS4 gamer (not sure how this is achieved)
  5. Learn about Chemistry
  6. Learn about Astronomy
Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who wants to gain weight?... Seriously I am eating so much and a lot of snacks, I dont do exercises and i still cn not gain weight even through my doctor said everything is ok and this is not a mater of illness or so.....

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

1. Get back to studying Japanese, with the intent of being able to understand it fairly well by the end of next year.

2. Write more often and do some intense thinking/research about ways to improve my writing.

3. Stop buying games that I don't need and finish the ones I already have and want to play.

4. Learn more life skills (cooking, social skills, etc.) for when I eventually have to leave the house and live like a normal human being.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

Am I the only one who wants to gain weight?... Seriously I am eating so much and a lot of snacks, I dont do exercises and i still cn not gain weight even through my doctor said everything is ok and this is not a mater of illness or so.....

The only thing I can think of is you haven't reached a caloric surplus (Take in more calories then your body needs to put on weight), or it could be genetics. Though I'm not surprise you want to put on weight. Lots of skinny dudes in the fitness world wants to put on weight. So they can build muscle and feel aswome about themselves, but sometimes that can backfire and they end up putting on too much weight.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vanek

I never really bothered in the past but this year I am given how much I hate my life. Here's the current list ...

1. Put on weight (it's really hard for me) and start exercising regularly.
  2. Update my CV and do whatever it takes to get a new job.
  3. Attempt to start fixing my completely busted social life.
  4. Start doing new things and stop being bound by routine.
Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Really happy with my progress in life this year. Happy with what I achieved and happy where I stand going into next year.

Goals:

1. Work out and put on a little weight
  2. Achieve near fluency in Mandarin
  3. At least upper intermediate level Korean
  4. Take the trans-siberian through Russia

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Darji

@darji said:

The only thing I can think of is you haven't reached a caloric surplus (Take in more calories then your body needs to put on weight), or it could be genetics. Though I'm not surprise you want to put on weight. Lots of skinny dudes in the fitness world wants to put on weight. So they can build muscle and feel aswome about themselves, but sometimes that can backfire and they end up putting on too much weight.

Yeah it is genetics as far as I know since many people in my family are skinny. Also I do not even want to gain much muscles since I would be way too lazy for that. I just want to get to a nice weight since I am pretty skinny and sometimes people think I am sick or don't think I eat too much until they see me eat XD

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

For 2013 my resolution was to finish 52 games in the year, I'm at 47 now, still hoping to make it but time is running out fast.

For 2014 I'm going to read 12 novels, I used to read a decent amount but I started Catch 22 about 4 years ago and I've been stuck on it, thought it was supposed to be a good book but it's killing me.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@falserelic: I also eventually said "I gotta go to a strip club" and found it to be a profoundly sad place... and an expensive one.

Anyways, for me, it's to make a game. I've wanted to get into it for basically my whole life but I have put it off, but enough of that. It's just the thing I have to do.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: gotta agree with you about the strip-club thing. one of three saddest places one can go to, along with the zoo and the circus.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uitdetoekomst: @artisanbreads: I actually heard afew guys said it would be a sad place, but knowing me I'm probably going to do it just to experiment with it. Then again my morals might kick in and I might end up regretting it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@falserelic: I think I'm a good guy, but it's less that than just in reality having it in front of you... it isn't that appealing. But to be fair I haven't been to the nicest strip clubs... maybe that's better?

And I definitely appreciate women, the idea should be appealing (I thought it would be) but in reality, I didn't enjoy it. But hey man, people go, so obviously not everyone feels the same.

Spending money for something hollow also is very unappealing to me too.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Conitnue with my 2013 goal of consistently hitting the gym.
  • Start reading/listening to books.
  • Put more time into teaching myself how to use game development tools.
  • Put more time into music creation.
  • Continue experimenting with photography and try to be more consistent with updates to my portfolio.
  • Write more. Blog more. Just in general, be more active in writing down thoughts and opinions.
  • Get more sleep when I sleep so I don't sleep when I could be doing something more constructive.
BonzoPongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. New job

2. Demand satisfaction

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Be a bit more like Brad Muir :D

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcgc said:

My big goal is to stop gaming for good.

I don't know what's harder this or NoFap challenge?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chobobot said:

@dcgc said:

My big goal is to stop gaming for good.

I don't know what's harder this or NoFap challenge?

I'll say Nofap challenge, but if someone was to stop gaming. Then what will be the point to visit giantbomb.