• 54 results
MDomier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MDomier

I have given up on TV these days.  If you don't want to want the idiots of reality TV (Jersey Shore, Kardashians, etc...) then there is nothing ever good on.  I used to be a huge Heroes fan but that sucked later on and then got cancelled. I like True Blood and The Walking Dead but that only fills up a bit of time.   

What do you guys/gals watch?  Is there some fantastic show that I'm missing, if so what station and what time is it on?   

MD.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

V.

I have no clue how and what about times and channel since its not aired in europe but its a great series, really love the characters and the wickedness of the visitors.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By owl_of_minerva
Star Trek: Original Series and TNG, X-Files, Babylon 5 (not sure if I like it or not yet).
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

All the Star Treks besides the original series and Enterprise are varying degrees of good. I'm currently watching Battlestar Galactica, which is great. When I'm through with that I'm gonna try either Farscape or Babylon 5. These are all older shows, of course (Galactica isn't that old, though). I don't have cable anymore and don't watch broadcast TV, so I'm really out of the loop as far as current shows go...

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

I love Sci-fi, right now I'm watching TNG, Voyager, DS9, Farscape and BSG  

And I used to watch Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, SG-1 is my favorite tv show

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue
@drag said:
" farscape  "
Ditto.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

I'm currently watching Farscape and the Star Wars cartoon, but that's about it. If you are just talking about shows I have already watched every episode of over the years, well then I would recommend: 

• Stargate SG-1
  • Stargate Atlantis
  • Star Trek TNG
  • Star Trek DS9
  • Star Trek Voyager
  • Star Trek Enterprise
  • That Star Wars cartoon they did a few years back. The one that was 10-15 min episodes and made by the guy who did Samurai Jack.
  • Quantum Leap
  • Firefly
  • The Outer Limits
  • Sliders
  • Andromeda (It's rather bad, but it's a guilty pleasure. Plus I love me some Kevin Sorbo.)
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • seaQuest

To name a few.
MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle

Are we counting Fringe? :S

Love this show :)

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Rockdalf

I just finished Eureka on Netflix.... Damn I'd really wanna see more of that show.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By melcene

FRINGE. 

Also:  Just got this recently after years of meaning to.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By cheesebob

Fringe is awesome.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By TheHT

TNG when it's on during the afternoon and Doctor Who in the evening. There are a bunch of other shows that I saw and loved but when things started getting big and I missed an episode I stopped until I can get some time to catch up (i.e. Fringe).

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vodun
@MDomier: Why not take that as a good reason to not watch so much TV?
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FreakAche

If we're talking about sci-fi shows that are currently on television, then pretty much just Fringe. I was watching a bit of Stargate Universe off and on, but that's getting cancelled now. Fringe is great though, and I would highly recommended it to anyone.

gahathat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gahathat

Firefly is excellent if you want a quick dose of sci-fi. 

TheJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheJohn

fucking Fringe.
best show in a loooong time

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Doctor Who.

EDIT: How could I forget... Torchwood.

thevamp25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thevamp25

Doctor Who, Firefly, and cowboy bebop 

Mattxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mattxx

Babylon 5

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SlightConfuse

fringe 
Doctor Who 
TNG 
BSG 
stargate Sg-1

Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Hashbrowns

I've been meaning to get the second season of Fringe.  Watching weekly television has become too tedius for my penchant for instant gratification.  I just wait for disc-based releases to watch at leisure. 

So the two I'm eagerly anticipating new releases of are Fringe and Doctor Who.  I would have included LOST if it hadn't been a long-con of stylish and entertaining stalling maneuvers before the embarassing finish.
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#23  Edited By StarvingGamer

syfy?

Avatar image for endlessobsidian
EndlessObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EndlessObsidian

FRINGE. I really like this show a lot. Although, I'm worried that it is going to get cancelled especially since it moved to the dreaded Friday night time slot.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Futurama, Doctor Who, Torchwood and Firefly.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Not much sci-fi out there anymore. Watching the new V and what's going to be left of Stargate Universe. Fringe sure and then there's Eureka.

Think I'm going to go through DS9 now after having finished Enterprise. Maybe watch SeaQuest back to back along with Thunderbirds, MB Alpha and Stingray. Maybe even Space Precinct! Space cops... Surprisingly cheesy fun. (big Gerry Anderson fan if that wan't blatantly obvious)

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#27  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
@Rockdalf said:
"I just finished Eureka on Netflix.... Damn I'd really wanna see more of that show. "

Same here.  Can't wait for the fourth season to hit Netflix. 

OP, I'd recommend Battlestar Galactica, Fringe, and Lost.  Also, The Prisoner is fun, if a little brief.
BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BombKareshi

I'm getting into Fringe now because my girlfriend likes it. Three episodes into the first season and it's looking very interesting so far.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By penguindust

There aren't too many shows I watch regularly these days but thanks to a marathon over on BBC America, I am now hooked on the original British version of Being Human.  I'd seen a handful of episodes prior to watching the marathon but I had no idea that the show was so serial.  Each episode's plot line carries over to the next over the course of each season.  It's dark, bloody, disturbing but also very quirky and often funny.  I've seen a few of the American version, but I don't get the same sense of horror that's in the British original.  Also, the SyFy Channel version isn't as funny.  It's not bad and if you like that "MTV made my TV show" manner of editing then you'll like it, but I'd recommend the original over the US adaption.  Oh, and the 3rd season has recently started on BBC America.  Netflix has the first two seasons available for rental but they aren't up for streaming yet, although if you google around, who can say what you'll find.

Older sci-fi is the usual suspects (X-Files, Farscape, various Treks, B5, SG1) plus a few older shows (UFO, Space 1999, The Prisoner).   

the_gallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_gallo

I don't really have a place to watch it but if the Twilight Zone is on I'll watch that

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ryanwho

Currently? Nothing. Not really any good scifi shows going on right now. Im basically waiting around to see what Whedon does next and maybe what Ronald Moore does next (even though Caprica was shit). And Im praying that Rockne O'bannon has been working on some new muppet based scifi show in secret for the last 5 years.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By floodiastus
@TaliciaDragonsong said:

" V.  I have no clue how and what about times and channel since its not aired in europe but its a great series, really love the characters and the wickedness of the visitors. "  

I watch this show too, but it is not very good. The visitors act more human than humans, they never speak in their native tongue with each other, the series is way too predictable and the characters are really flat. 

Compared to the original, you never get sucked into the universe in this one and I think it mostly is because of the bad acting and the retarded script, they dont seem to be able to get into character very well infront of all the greenscreens. 

Also alot of things make no sense in this series,  like why would they die if you remove their Human skin?  They try to squeeze in current political topics into the series that just does not work, like terrorism.

and I dont know either when it airs, europe here too...
Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By Chris2KLee

Since BSG and Stargate went off the air, my sci-fi viewing has decreased dramatically. Chuck might be the closest thing to Sci-Fi I actually watch now.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MDomier: Okay, I know I'm stepping out from your very narrow genre request, but there is so much terrific television to have aired in the last few years, that you're missing out. 

Personally, and no, it isn't sci-fi, I think everyone should watch Breaking Bad. At this point, I'm willing to call it my favourite television show ever, and the series isn't even wrapped yet.
batVomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By batVomit

Fringe is like a X-files for the 2000s (AND it has Pacey!!!!) and TNG is always classic (pre-beard Riker episodes = hilarious,  post-beard = better quality sci-fi)

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bwast

I don't watch TV myself but there a ton of great sci-fi shows that you can get. Aside from the obvious ones that have been recommended already, I would say get Twilight Zone, Tales From the Crypt(I don't care if it's not entirely sci-fi, it's great), Land of the Giants, Flash Gordon(I've only seen the '50s one, can't say anything about the more recent one), Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, and Red Dwarf. Pretty sure you can get most of those on DVD. Highly recommend Twilight Zone and Red Dwarf. Great stuff.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Azteck

Stargate all the fucking way.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

There aren't really that many good new scifi shows. You might want to check out V, wasn't really my cup of tea, but someone else might like it.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ryanwho
@floodiastus said:
" @TaliciaDragonsong said:

" V.  I have no clue how and what about times and channel since its not aired in europe but its a great series, really love the characters and the wickedness of the visitors. "  

I watch this show too, but it is not very good. The visitors act more human than humans, they never speak in their native tongue with each other, the series is way too predictable and the characters are really flat.   Compared to the original, you never get sucked into the universe in this one and I think it mostly is because of the bad acting and the retarded script, they dont seem to be able to get into character very well infront of all the greenscreens.  Also alot of things make no sense in this series,  like why would they die if you remove their Human skin?  They try to squeeze in current political topics into the series that just does not work, like terrorism. and I dont know either when it airs, europe here too... "
The humans really are the hokiest onthenose actors this side of The Walking Dead. The aliens were fine. Its a case where it pays to be a wooden actor, with the aliens. But the human dialog and general acting is just eye rolling. A show can get away with corny plotlines if there's a lead character keeping everything grounded. Farscape and SG1 worked because when silly bullshit happened, there was someone around to say "this is some silly bullshit". V doesn't have that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I watch V, mainly because there is no other sci-fi out there. It's pure cheese and barely watchable, but has its moments.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xyzygy

For fans of Lost who like Fringe, is Fringe a similar type of show? I'm looking for a new series to watch after just finishing Twin Peaks.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#42  Edited By KillyDarko
@MegaMetaTurtle said:
" Are we counting Fringe? :S  Love this show :) "
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FreakAche
@atomic_dumpling said:
" ...there is no other sci-fi out there... "
Fringe says hi.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@FreakAche said:
" @atomic_dumpling said:
" ...there is no other sci-fi out there... "
Fringe says hi. "
From the description in the wikipedia it sounds not bad, maybe I'll check it out.
BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BBQBram

I recently started watching ST:TNG which is great, and I'd also recommend;

Firefly
Firefly
Firefly
Cowboy Bebop
Firefly

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

The only one still on the air I watch is Fringe though it feels like its days are numbered.  

oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By oysteinBrenne

so does anime series count? 
 if not
stargate universe is the only  sci-fi tv show i have seen in about a year now 

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ViciousReiven

Pretty much in love with Fringe.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#49  Edited By Commisar123

Battle star Galactica and Firefly 
Parabole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#50  Edited By Parabole

Firefly, X-Files, Sliders, Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, Quantum Leap, Lost, Sym-Bionic Titan