Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Hello members of GiantBomb.com. I have not posted a message to the Internet for a long time.

Forums haven't been my thing for a while, since I moved to holland in June and starting working on SpeedRunners, I've had a very strange and busy life. Thanks to vinny, drew, jeff, brad and alexis for playing our games on videos: it's cool and we flip out every time.

Sorry you keep running backwards through levels, but you are seriously the only guys who do that.

Anyway the main reason I'm making this post is to say that us guys are about to announce our 3rd game, after No Time and SpeedRunners, and we can't stick on a name. The game is a jet plane dogfighting game, where you can eject out and steal other vehicles in the sky. I guess it's like the stuff you do in Just Cause, but in a Team Fortress red-vs-blue format, and if you touch the floor you die.
We saw all those sick Battlefield gifs and wanted to make a game that was just that.

The code name was "JetGetters" for a long time, and my producer wants to call it "Super Sky Pirates". I hate that, what do you guys think? Here's my brainstorm list:

I know you guys don't like reading long blog posts, so that's it. Please help me on this.

#1 Posted by EuanDewar (4687 posts) -

I actually really like Jet-Getters. or Jet n' Jack or something equally silly

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14553 posts) -

Skyrates

I'll be waiting for my check in the mail.

#3 Posted by hans_maulwurf (120 posts) -

From the list I like Deathwish Heroes best.

Own suggestion: Mile Heist Club

#4 Posted by TheHumanDove (2500 posts) -

Call it 'Ferdinand's Last Goodbye'

#5 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1223 posts) -

Scum of the Skies: Motherfuckers with Guns.

#6 Posted by seamuspaxman (55 posts) -

poopbutt.

#7 Edited by development (1997 posts) -

Jacketeers is your best bet. It's so fun to say and it's super simple.

#8 Posted by erhard (379 posts) -

Airjackers. No intercaps, or you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

#9 Edited by TurboMan (7341 posts) -

HighJacks is super dumb, but I like it

#10 Posted by Spoonman671 (4525 posts) -

From the list I like Deathwish Heroes best.

I like both of these.

You could also go with something simple: YOLO!

#11 Posted by audioBusting (1461 posts) -

I really like the sound of JetGetters. If not that, maybe Jet Jackers?

I would buy a game called "Super Citizen Kane: Motherfucker with Guns", by the way. Just saying.

#12 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4577 posts) -

Windjammers.

(Super?) Skyjackers might be a good one, but there are possibly some terrorist implications with skyjacking so maybe not? I dunno.

Man, this is hard. Good luck with the game, anyway. Sounds cool.

#13 Posted by Legend (2646 posts) -

I really like Freefall Brawl.

#14 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Other than Motherfuckers with Guns being the obvious answer if you didn't have to try to pitch it to sell or anything, you have a lot of neat titles there.

Jetgetters is probably the best and most catchy. It's not my favorite, but its probably the best. My favorite is of course Super Citizen Kane: Motherfuckers with Guns.

Also you should offer something in the options to change the title screen to show a random one of these names each time, or you could let us pick the title we want. It wouldn't be that hard to just change the text over the same background, right?

#15 Posted by TobbRobb (4554 posts) -

Deathwish Heroes is possibly the greatest name for anything. I don't even know what the game is specifically, but I feel like you can't go wrong with that. XD

#16 Posted by TyCobb (1944 posts) -

"Because"

#17 Edited by ESREVER (2647 posts) -

I like Sky Jackers. High Seize would literally be the perfect name... if the planes were boats. This is also a great name.

@hans_maulwurf said:

#18 Posted by Fobwashed (1887 posts) -

Ejectionsertion

#19 Posted by Fattony12000 (6958 posts) -

Flight Club.

#20 Edited by ShaggE (6295 posts) -

Rudder Mayhem

Hella Propella Fellas

Mo' Jetter Blues

Skiescapades

Scrolls

#21 Posted by cutyoface (539 posts) -

I like Jacketeers.

#22 Posted by bslayer (221 posts) -

I would say JetGetters or Deathwish Heroes. Game sounds cool though.

#23 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Super Sky Ninjas

#24 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1831 posts) -

... Does that say Super Citizen Kane or Super Citizen Plane?

#25 Posted by kibafang666 (95 posts) -

Windjackers

#26 Posted by weegieanawrench (1934 posts) -

I like Freefall Brawl. Nice ring to it.

#27 Posted by AMyggen (2460 posts) -

Some really good names there, but I think I like Deathwish Heroes the best.

Loved SpeedRunners btw!

#28 Posted by CornBREDX (4754 posts) -

Good luck on your Kickstarter for this. (I'm totally still on your e-mailing list haha)

Name for the game... hmmm...

Needs to sum up the game and be catchy.

What about just "hijack"? It's simple and sums up what tiny little bit I know about the game.

Anyway, good luck.

#29 Posted by Willza92 (258 posts) -

Save Super JetGetters for the smash hit sequel. JetGetters is pretty good and sounds like a game I would play. Good luck and I can't wait for the name reveal at the VGAs.

#30 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Super Jet Gankers 3D. Or if you want to be a total dick, and since it has nothing to do with helicopters;

Hindjack.

Good luck motherfuckers! Whatever the name may be!

#31 Edited by DeadpanCakes (776 posts) -

I think it depends on the sorta aesthetic you're going with the graphical style. I think Super Sky Pirates is a fine name, but somewhere more reminiscent of something I woulda played on my uncle's snes back when I was a child. Assuming the graphical style stays consistent with No Time and Speedrunners, it doesn't feel fitting. Wouldn't really know how to go about picking any one of those names...

This was pretty good though.

If you do get to putting out dlc, though, I'd love the obligatory core game+all dlc pack to be referred to as the "Motherfuckers with Guns Edition." (Or maybe just the "MwG Edition" to be safe)

#32 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

SKYJACKERS!

#33 Edited by Coafi (1481 posts) -

Duder, the first name (JetGetters) sounded great, but if you need a new one I suggest Hostile Hijack.

#34 Edited by mjy (3 posts) -

What about this one?

Hi Jack!