Posted by EVO (3850 posts) 8 months, 27 days ago

Poll: What should I watch next? (154 votes)

Cowboy Bebop 36%
Curb Your Enthusiasm 13%
Eastbound & Down - Season 3 4%
Mad Men 16%
Orange Is the New Black 6%
Parks & Recreation - Season 4 6%
Party Down - Season 2 9%
The Walking Dead 9%
Weeds - Season 7 1%

Tonight I plan on watching the final episode of Breaking Bad. What should I watch next?

#1 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5797 posts) -

Party Down's second season is hilarious and short. So it gets my vote.

#2 Posted by joshwent (2056 posts) -

Well, I was about to write this exact sentence, so it must be right. Definitely Mad Men next, though. In a weird way, it actually has a lot of good similarities to Breaking Bad.

#3 Posted by TheHT (10810 posts) -

Cowboy Bebop, then Mad Men, then all that other stuff that doesn't matter.

#4 Posted by Ben_H (3296 posts) -

Mad Men is pretty great. I find it quite interesting.

Definitely not the Walking Dead. It is the opposite of Breaking Bad. Thin characters and a boring plot that is only appealing if you like graphic violence or high school-style relationship drama. Not a lot of depth.

#5 Posted by JayEH (516 posts) -

Other - Sons of Anarchy

#6 Edited by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

How can we vote on this?

You want to follow Breaking Bad with...

An awesome Anime, an amazing TV series, yet another amazing TV series, or yet another amazing TV series, or...etc.

#7 Edited by SharkEthic (1003 posts) -

@jayeh said:

Other - Sons of Anarchy

What!? No!

#8 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

ALL OF THE ABOVE.

#9 Edited by Shortbreadtom (682 posts) -

Other: The Wire.

But seriously, Orange is the New Black is great

#10 Posted by RoarImaDinosaur (191 posts) -

Initial D.

#11 Edited by 34f3ecwdc3 (162 posts) -

Cowboy Bebop all the way. Then Trigun. Then Fullmetal Alchemist. Then Bleach. Oh yeah, then Yu Yu Hakusho.

#12 Posted by Omega (828 posts) -

This isn't on your list but Attack on Titan. You're welcome.

Crunchyroll.com for free. You're welcome again.

In a country that blocks it? Real sorry.

#13 Posted by armaan8014 (5319 posts) -

Twin Peaks :P

#14 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

The Walking Dead

#15 Posted by joshwent (2056 posts) -

So Cowboy Bebop's in the lead?!? Great show, but that's... unexpected. I feel like I really learned something about Giant Bomb today.

Or... maybe they're just really big fans of this:

#16 Posted by Buneroid (427 posts) -

Weeds went so wrong for me after around season 4 or 5 I don't remember. The Walking Dead I could never get into. Orange is the new black looks kind of interesting I guess. I would say try Cowboy Bebop I haven't seen it myself but heard super good things about it. I'm gonna watch it eventually.

#17 Posted by jasbir (107 posts) -

Walking Dead

#18 Edited by VoodooTatum (65 posts) -

Cowboy Bebop is in the lead? FUCK....

I vote for Curb

#19 Posted by Tireyo (6408 posts) -

Cowboy Bebop of course.

#20 Posted by Pezen (1550 posts) -

This community does not disappoint.

Cowboy Bebop, obviously.

#21 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Whoever did not vote for Curb is a terrible human being.

#22 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

Eastbound and Down and then Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Anime in the lead? Ew...

#23 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

Of the options, Cowboy Bebop is by far the best. Mad Men comes in at second.

#24 Posted by MightyDuck (1490 posts) -

Out of all of those shows, the only one I watch regularly is The Walking Dead. Although, I feel like that series is really starting to lose me.

#25 Posted by believer258 (11565 posts) -

Cowboy Bebop all the way. Then Trigun Baccano. Then Fullmetal Alchemist. Then Bleach Darker Than Black. Oh yeah, then Yu Yu Hakusho.

Apart from the two things I had to fix, this man's suggestions are correct.

#26 Edited by ATLFalconsfan (47 posts) -

Other - Breaking Bad

#27 Posted by Gruff182 (851 posts) -

#28 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@34fwdwe23 said:

Cowboy Bebop all the way. Then Trigun Baccano. Then Fullmetal Alchemist. Then Bleach Darker Than Black. Oh yeah, then Yu Yu Hakusho kill yourself because there's nothing better to watch.

Apart from the two things I had to fix, this man's suggestions are correct.

Edited for clarity.

#29 Posted by Zalrus9 (107 posts) -

Other- Farscape

#30 Edited by Clonedzero (4050 posts) -

Almost everything on that list is solid (i dont really like weeds personally, but thats me) But i'd go with Cowboy Bebop.

It's sorta like THE anime of all animes. Even if you're not into anime at all, its still something you should watch. Just everything about it is so brilliantly done.

It's only 26 half hour (i think more like 25 minutes?) long episodes, so you can get through it pretty damn fast depending how often you watch. So its not a huge investment.

Curb your enthusiasm is god damn amazing as well, so i'd say bebop, burn through that fast, then jump into the endless awesome of curb.

#31 Posted by RonGalaxy (2843 posts) -

I recommend watching Mad Men. It's an emotional, yet existentially bleak show with an amazing cast and a fascinating protagonist; more fascinating than Walter White (imo). It transports you to one of the most interesting periods of the United States and when big historical things happen in the show, it is fucking AWESOME. It's almost like walking through a time portal.

Opinions of the other shows listed that I have seen

Cowboy Bebop is a very small time commitment, but is absolutely amazing. There's also a movie, but I haven't watched it yet

Orange Is the New Black is one of the best shows out their right now. Seeing life in jail as a women is intriguing, funny, heartwarming, sad, and depressing all wrapped in one. There's only one season, so another small time commitment

Parks and Rec started out great, but it slowly turned into a show about perfect people with perfect problems and perfect friends and everything is gonna be alright YAY. When that show tries to create conflict it's pretty hilarious because you know from the beginning it's gonna be sunshine and rainbows and it's gonna turn into something cute and unconsequential. Note: April and Andy are the greatest tv couple of all time.

Fuck The Walking Dead

#32 Edited by RonGalaxy (2843 posts) -

@joshwent said:

@fancysoapsman said:

Well, I was about to write this exact sentence, so it must be right. Definitely Mad Men next, though. In a weird way, it actually has a lot of good similarities to Breaking Bad.

Like how both of the shows' titles and protagonists initials have double letters MM-BB, DD-WW. WHAT DOES IT MEEEEAAAAAAANNNNNN

#33 Posted by Puzzler20 (78 posts) -

I think you should watch The Newsroom but sans that choice Orange is the new Black.

#35 Posted by Chaser324 (6264 posts) -

My vote is for anything but Weeds. That show got just flat out bland and aimless in its later seasons. Luckily, Jenji Kohan managed to get it together for Orange is the New Black because that show turned out pretty good.

If I had to pick one, I'd say run through Party Down season two. Great show cut terribly short.

Moderator Online
#36 Edited by Hailinel (23689 posts) -

@joshwent said:

So Cowboy Bebop's in the lead?!? Great show, but that's... unexpected. I feel like I really learned something about Giant Bomb today.

Or... maybe they're just really big fans of this:

It's a very popular, accessible anime series; one that has a staggering amount of crossover appeal.

#37 Posted by joshwent (2056 posts) -
#38 Posted by Hailinel (23689 posts) -

@joshwent: Actually, that video has been (or used to be) frequently deleted by the moderators because it became far, far too disruptive in any thread discussing anime in any capacity. There are plenty of anime fans on Giant Bomb and people are pretty open about discussing it, so long as they don't have some idiot trying to barge in with an old, out of context Youtube clip of Jeff.

#39 Edited by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

@voodootatum said:

I vote for Curb

All the anime-likers are obviously going to vote for it. The votes of the non-anime people are split between the rest of the shows. I only ever checked out the first 2 or 3 episodes of Cowboy Bebop, but it didn't strike me as something that was so good that it transcends the genre. It's slightly above average for anime, though that is arguably damning with faint praise.

#40 Edited by PenguinDust (12442 posts) -

@chrissedoff said:

@voodootatum said:

I vote for Curb

All the anime-likers are obviously going to vote for it. The votes of the non-anime people are split between the rest of the shows. I only ever checked out the first 2 or 3 episodes of Cowboy Bebop, but it didn't strike me as something that was so good that it transcends the genre. It's slightly above average for anime, though that is arguably damning with faint praise.

I love anime and it is what I primarily watch over all other shows, but I voted for Curb Your Enthusiasm because (A) it's funny, (B) this is Giant Bomb and its acceptance of anime has never been high and (C) sometimes I worry that people might forget it since other more popular shows have come along. I don't feel that any show has to transcend the genre in order to be worth watching. It just needs to be entertaining to the viewer for an hour or so. That goes for anime or HBO comedies.

#41 Edited by jasbir (107 posts) -

Karate Kid - Original

#42 Posted by Whamola (126 posts) -

Mad Men. Japanimation is for dorks.

#43 Posted by Redbullet685 (6021 posts) -

Mad Men for sure. I recommend it to everyone and yet no one I know watches it (I am 17 so I guess it's not so insane that no one I know watches it but I wish they did)

#44 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -

Cowboy Bebop because anime.

#45 Posted by EVO (3850 posts) -

Thanks for the votes guys. I decided to go with Parks & Recreation but I'll probably watch Cowboy Bebop next.

#46 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5138 posts) -
@evo said:

Thanks for the votes guys. I decided to go with Parks & Recreation but I'll probably watch Cowboy Bebop next.

Great choice. After that I'd go with The Walking Dead. Season 2 kind of falters, but season 1 and 3 are pretty good.

#47 Posted by OldGuy (1493 posts) -

Go off book: Lone Wolf and Cub:

#49 Edited by TehBuLL (589 posts) -

Go Cowboy bebop and transition to Firefly. You're welcome.