• 91 results
vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By vasta_narada

I know this shouldn't bother me, but when people ignore the 3DS, thinking it's another DS model, I die a little inside, and get a little rage-y. Unfortunately, this comes primarily from my friends who aren't big into games, so they get the worst of my annoyance >_>

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Slaker117
@Jay444111:
You do realize that stories don't actually matter either, right? You get a sense of progression, but that progression doesn't accomplish anything outside of a fictional world. The whole point of a game is it's interactivity. Good story and story telling can improve the enjoyment of that interactivity, give it motivation, keep you going, but ultimately, if the game is not fun to play, you've lost. Games that are simply fun for their mechanics are not killing the industry. They are a large part of it. Because these are fucking games. Basketball doesn't need plot motivation to be fun to play, why should Mortal Kombat?

MK is actually a game that breaks the mold a little bit. Fighting games have traditionally had very little in terms of single player content. Mortal Kombat's newest included a fully realized story mode, and that was really cool. I had a good time playing through it and taking in the fiction. But that's not the reason I keep coming back to it. I just like the way it plays. I want to master the mechanics, take on some of the game's bigger challenges, and fight people online. Why is that form of fun illegitimate next to story driven singleplayer? What is your take on sports then, are they also "addictions"? Should we stop playing chess because it doesn't have a plot?
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Jay444111

@Slaker117:

The bible was killed for the stories it held, you tell me that isn't a important story then? also the word "game" is also something that needs to die as well, look at it, the word Interactive art, or interactive experience needs to take the place of the words "videogame." this is a fact that is gonna happen sooner or later. All the word game does is give ammo to those that know nothing of the actual medium to trash it.

Besides, sports such as basketball and football are utterly pointless. They only show as a rolemodel that doing nothing but beating the living shit out of another over and over again while winning all the time shows that you too can make more money than a scientist trying to cure cancer and figure our immortallity. It is utterly pointless IMO.

Although the story is why many people are playing Interactive art nowadays. I am among them and will fight for them.

Oh, and I did hear that MK actual did have a pretty not bad story. Mainly from friends, but even with cutscenes doing nothing more then having a reason for you to fight is still better than anything in the NES's can do. Gameplay only is the path of videogames death. there is only so many things you can do with gameplay. but if you can combine story and gameplay together, you get masterpieces such as Half life 2. or hell, more recently, Portal 2 and dead space 2. Games that actually give MEANING to the gameplay, and the story in one package.

Besides, even you pretty much admitted at the end of your post, you are addicted to the old ways of videogames. only wanting to get a higher score than others, only wanting to play just to play because the games highly repetive actions make you. Multiplayer games prove the addiction that runs through videogamers.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Jay444111

@Otogi said:

"

@Jay444111 said:
"

@Slaker117: 

Besides, sports such as basketball and football are utterly pointless. They only show as a rolemodel that doing nothing but beating the living shit out of another over and over again while winning all the time shows that you too can make more money than a scientist trying to cure cancer and figure our immortallity. It is utterly pointless IMO.

"
Again, just another sign that you known nothing about either sports or how science is conducted.

"

Again, I said that sports rolemodels, that do nothing other then beat the shit out of each other make SIGNIFIGANTLY more money than ANY scientist alive, while also people like Nicola Tesla get ignored, Muhammad ali are remembered.

Being a scientist GARENTEES that you will never be important because you are never given enough to actually change things, while if they somehow did, it is a good 99% chance that they will only be remembered by the few scientists left that the scientist instructed.

Sports can go to hell, science is what SHOULD be important. not the beer and people beating the shit out of each other.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Slaker117
@Jay444111:
Dude, I love Portal and Dead Space. Their story telling is part of that. And I never said stories in general are not important, but comparing video games to the bible is something a crazy person would do.

I'm actually capable of liking the "old way" of games and the "new way", because I can recognize the virtues of both. I want more of both. They can coexist. To say story driven singleplayer is the only thing that makes games that are worthwhile is, quite frankly, stupid. Very, very stupid.

MK's story isn't great. It's not trying to be deep, complex or meaningful. It's just there to be fun and provide justification for people fighting, and it serves that purpose. Again, not everything needs to serve that same masters.

The idea of a "game" is not going to die, no matter how much you like story. It's natural to human behavior. Learning and mastering a skill in order to compete is something we like to do. Video games are a logical extension of that based on the technology we have available. That's not to say that's all we can or should do with the interactive form, but it is in no means inferior to "interactive art". Just different.
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

People saying that Sony had unencrypted credit card information (which apparanlty ATOS said Sony confirmed that the CC info is safe and was absolutely encrypted.

Seriously, it's the fuckin reason PS3 fanboys make me want to kill someone. Seriously, fuck all you idiots who thought they would just leave it out in the open.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

People saying get a life especially  on the internet just sounds retarded after awhile or someone saying online I got a life im busy all time I don't have time for anything anymore basically trying to sound like there important or popular I mean really who cares.

GameTrailers love for COD I understand its a popular game but when they say its hardcore I can't help but laugh.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Otogi
@Jay444111:   

The bible was killed for the stories it held, you tell me that isn't a important story then?

That's religious scripture, something used for a guide to living one's life, understanding spirituality and bringing community. It's not the same as the story's use in video games, and the same for many fiction novels, films and television series. Besides, how does one kill a bible?

Besides, sports such as basketball and football are utterly pointless. They only show as a rolemodel that doing nothing but beating the living shit out of another over and over again while winning all the time shows that you too can make money

Proving once again that you don't know anything about sports.

than a scientist trying to cure cancer and figure our immortallity

Or the scientific process and community.

Although the story is why many people are playing Interactive art nowadays. I am among them and will fight for them.

A fair argument, but I can't help but feel it's eclipsed by people just playing video games to have a good time or waste time or even shed a few pounds.

Oh, and I did hear that MK actual did have a pretty not bad story. Mainly from friends, but even with cutscenes doing nothing more then having a reason for you to fight is still better than anything in the NES's can do. Gameplay only is the path of videogames death.

Yet somehow, Pac-Man Championship Addition DX was opened with open arms, video games with an emphasis on fun with about a paragraph long story have many fans and Wii Sports has sold 73.35 million copies.

. there is only so many things you can do with gameplay.

With nearly 40 years passed and with people still finding new ways to reinvent gameplay, that doesn't seem to hold a lot of water.

Besides, even you pretty much admitted at the end of your post, you are addicted to the old ways of videogames. only wanting to get a higher score than others, only wanting to play just to play because the games highly repetive actions make you. Multiplayer games prove the addiction that runs through videogamers.

That doesn't really match up with what he said at all. Indeed, Merrian-Webster defines being addicted as "to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively" What he described was trying to understand how some games work, voluntarily perfecting a technique like a painter with a certain way of stroking a brush, and taking on bigger challenges, seeing how far one can reach, like the way one tries to ways to perfect a poem. 
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#59  Edited By Claude

Weird, I always thought the internet was the word of God.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Slaker117
@Jay444111:
Also, I don't care about athletes as role models. It's a part of our culture that I don't pay much attention to. But I understand the enjoyment playing sports can bring. That was the reason I brought it up, not to put players on a pedestal.

But you know what costs a lot of money and consumes a lot of people's interests, but doesn't contribute to scientific understanding. Entertainment. You know what sports events and movies and "interactive experiences" are? Entertainment.
DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By DukesT3

That Obama is not born in the U.S. 

WHO GIVES A FUCKING SHIT! JUST ADMIT AND SAY YOU DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT THE PRESIDENT IS BLACK! 

ok. sorry guys. 
Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Otogi
@Jay444111 said:
"

Again, I said that sports rolemodels, that do nothing other then beat the shit out of each other make SIGNIFIGANTLY more money than ANY scientist alive, while also people like Nicola Tesla get ignored, Muhammad ali are remembered.

Being a scientist GARENTEES that you will never be important because you are never given enough to actually change things, while if they somehow did, it is a good 99% chance that they will only be remembered by the few scientists left that the scientist instructed.

Sports can go to hell, science is what SHOULD be important. not the beer and people beating the shit out of each other.

"
Except they do much more than being role models that beat the shit of each other. Quite a few sports don't need contact. In fact, some outright penalize or forbid it. 

Besides, exactly how many sports stars can you think off the top of your head? Now compare that to the amount of scientists. To the general public without much interest in sports (which is beginning to fade), they're about the same barring some sort of controversy. For example, ask someone off the street what Michael Vick's how many touch downs he performed total. Then try last year. Then ask who he played against. Then try even the number of his jersey, and perhaps the team he plays. More often than not, you'll receive a dazed silence. But try asking the crime he committed? You'll probably get it straight away. Try asking about his team mates? The same dazed silence. Besides, people like Muhammad Ali are remembered not because they were just in sports, but because they were the best at what they did or did something that's reputation spread like wild fire, the same for scientists like Edison (another scientist who's actually part of the reason Tesla isn't very well known). It's also why many sports stars and top scientists are paid the way they are; they're some of the best at what they do today. Try comparing them that with an average minor leaguer and commercial researcher, and you'll find they're names just don't quite shine as bright. It also helps that a lot of these older sports stars and scientists are well-known because they got a fair bit of publicity, more so than others. In fact, without using a search engine of some sort, tell me what you can about Willis Harvard Carrier.

Besides, what does a scientist's personal wealth have to do with why he's remembered (other than making a popular invention or just being a wealthy scientist)? Wouldn't their funding be more important, and shouldn't you be arguing for that instead? And why should some them get paid more when sometimes what they're working on isn't that important, and when failure to achieve a desired result is sometimes rather common? Besides,  And part of the reason that many scientists aren't exactly in public eye is because they aren't. Quite a few projects are kept secret, and those that are aren't can't be viewed by just about anybody, and most sure as hell aren't going to put on a show for the long months (perhaps even years and longer) for testing and development that often needs a lot of precision. 

I'm also confused by your last statement because, again, many sports penalize you for just being overly aggressive and that beer isn't all that great for the average sports player.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Otogi
@LooseChange said:
" That Obama is not born in the U.S. 

WHO GIVES A FUCKING SHIT! JUST ADMIT AND SAY YOU DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT THE PRESIDENT IS BLACK! 

ok. sorry guys. 
"
Actually, because that's against the law and because that would mean that the president has been lying all this time (or that rather, someone didn't bring it to the public sooner_, that would be a pretty disconcerting. Of course, that's all for naught now. 
xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#64  Edited By xpgamer7
@Jay444111: They aren't equal because they're two different concepts. If you have all story and no gameplay it won't work, but if you have all gameplay and no story then it feels like a toy. Story in games in non-essential but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Sorry if this is confusing it's hard to elaborate on shortly. Gameplay is essential for a game, and not all of them need a story. The best of those with stories should have gameplay and the world integrated into the story like when you see a scene in a movie and understand everything without being told. Story can either bring you into a game or keep you out depending on how it's told. But it's non-essential. Games can still be amazing without them, from games like pacman to I maed a game with zombies in it sometimes story doesn't matter. Gameplay is more quintesentiall to a game than a story is. If a game (Heavy Rain) Has average gameplay(Heavy rain) but is an amazing experience(heavy rain) because of it's story(Heavy rain) then it can still be an amazing game. Really although I overdid the explanation, gameplay is key. Story is not key but can help to overcome flaws just as many other parts of a game can.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I bet that guy isn't as much of a dick as how he tries to express his thoughts.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#66  Edited By JasonR86
@Otogi said:

" @Jay444111 said:

"

"
Except they do much more than being role models that beat the shit of each other. Quite a few sports don't need contact. In fact, some outright penalize or forbid it. 
Besides, exactly how many sports stars can you think off the top of your head? Now compare that to the amount of scientists. To the general public without much interest in sports (which is beginning to fade), they're about the same barring some sort of controversy. For example, ask someone off the street what Michael Vick's how many touch downs he performed total. Then try last year. Then ask who he played against. Then try even the number of his jersey, and perhaps the team he plays. More often than not, you'll receive a dazed silence. But try asking the crime he committed? You'll probably get it straight away. Try asking about his team mates? The same dazed silence. Besides, people like Muhammad Ali are remembered not because they were just in sports, but because they were the best at what they did or did something that's reputation spread like wild fire, the same for scientists like Edison (another scientist who's actually part of the reason Tesla isn't very well known). It's also why many sports stars and top scientists are paid the way they are; they're some of the best at what they do today. Try comparing them that with an average minor leaguer and commercial researcher, and you'll find they're names just don't quite shine as bright. It also helps that a lot of these older sports stars and scientists are well-known because they got a fair bit of publicity, more so than others. In fact, without using a search engine of some sort, tell me what you can about Willis Harvard Carrier.

Besides, what does a scientist's personal wealth have to do with why he's remembered (other than making a popular invention or just being a wealthy scientist)? Wouldn't their funding be more important, and shouldn't you be arguing for that instead? And why should some them get paid more when sometimes what they're working on isn't that important, and when failure to achieve a desired result is sometimes rather common? Besides,  And part of the reason that many scientists aren't exactly in public eye is because they aren't. Quite a few projects are kept secret, and those that are aren't can't be viewed by just about anybody, and most sure as hell aren't going to put on a show for the long months (perhaps even years and longer) for testing and development that often needs a lot of precision. 

I'm also confused by your last statement because, again, many sports penalize you for just being overly aggressive and that beer isn't all that great for the average sports player.

"

There's a lot that goes in to what an athlete makes.  Lets look at the NFL.  According to BusinessWeek (I'll provide the citation at the end of the post) here are some stats on NFL player salaries as well as the average career length and age.

• Average NFL player salary: $1.9 million

• Median NFL player salary: $770,000

• Average NFL career length: 3.5 years

• Number of players on injured reserve in 2010: 352

• Average NFL player age: 27

So, though there are players that get the $15-20 million dollar long-term contracts they are certainly not the average.  Further, most of the players only play for a little over 3 years.  Keep in mind that that career length figure is an average that takes in to account players like Brett Favre that played in to their 40s who may inflate the average.  The guys that retire after 3.5 years may make by the time they retire, on average, a total between $2.7-6.65 million dollars if they don't spend a penny of what they make (which that won't happen).  Maybe a person could retire on $5 million dollars at 25 and survive in to their old age but it would be hard.  That sounds like a lot of money but it would get used up quickly.   Players who have played for three years or more are eligible for retirement benefits but they don't receive those benefits until they reach the age of 55 and the benefits are only $200 per month for every year played in the league (source: askmen).  That means the average player, at 55 (30 years after they retire if they entered the NFL after four years in college) would only receive $600 per month or $7,200 per year.  So, though it is easy to say athletes are over-payed that statement ignores a lot of facts.

As for scientists, they may not make $1.9 million dollars on average but they also have much longer careers than an NFL player, on average.  Plus, it's not like they aren't getting paid.  The average salary of a scientist according to Indeed.com (citation below) ranges between $41,000-110,000 dollars annually.  At 62, a person can receive full retirement benefits (source: ssa.gov).  Lets say that that is the average age at which these scientists retire.  This seems likely as their success at their job is the one determinant of their employment whereas an athlete would be affected by the tolls on their bodies.  Most scientists get a Ph.D which usually takes five years after getting their bachelor's.  That's nine years total of college.  Say they start school at 18 they would graduate when they were 27.  That would give them 35 years of work before retirement.  That means that they would make between $1.44-3.9 million dollars by the time they retire if they never spent a penny (which they would).  Plus, add on retirement benefits, which they receive as soon as they retire and I guarantee are better than the NFL's benefits, and you see that they difference isn't as staggering as it might appear from the outside looking in.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_06/b4214058615722.htm
http://www.indeed.com/salary/Research-Scientist.html
http://www.ssa.gov/retire2/agereduction.htm
http://www.askmen.com/sports/business_100/109_sports_business.html 
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jay444111
@Xpgamer7 said:
"

@Jay444111: They aren't equal because they're two different concepts. If you have all story and no gameplay it won't work, but if you have all gameplay and no story then it feels like a toy. Story in games in non-essential but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Sorry if this is confusing it's hard to elaborate on shortly. Gameplay is essential for a game, and not all of them need a story. The best of those with stories should have gameplay and the world integrated into the story like when you see a scene in a movie and understand everything without being told. Story can either bring you into a game or keep you out depending on how it's told. But it's non-essential. Games can still be amazing without them, from games like pacman to I maed a game with zombies in it sometimes story doesn't matter. Gameplay is more quintesentiall to a game than a story is. If a game (Heavy Rain) Has average gameplay(Heavy rain) but is an amazing experience(heavy rain) because of it's story(Heavy rain) then it can still be an amazing game. Really although I overdid the explanation, gameplay is key. Story is not key but can help to overcome flaws just as many other parts of a game can.

"

True, You did elabroate quite well. But to be honest that isn't going to stop me from saying that story is, and will become more important as time goes by. For the fact of the matter that if you minused the story is many of the great story based in interactive expierences the entire gameplay element would fall apart. seriously, ever play half life 2 without ANY story elements? or without any charactors to it other than the combine forces? the entire thing is droll and utterly pointless, but with the story, it transcended from what a game suffers and became a interactive expierence due to story alone.

They are insanely dependent on each other whether you realize it or not, without it many of the best Interactive expierences these days would be nothing more than pieces of crap without the stories they tell. This is a fact. Imagine bioshock without it's story or city, or atmosphere it would be nothing without them.

Ever notice the back of newer interactive expierences? Most, if not all the good ones include the sentence, "A great tale told within the realms of this world await you!" or such as that. Interactive expierence makers are DEPENDENT on stories now for a selling point. If you had a great storied videogame you NEED to have great stories for the rest of the videogames you make, otherwise the customer feels betrayed. (look at ff13 for evidence.) Just look at the evidence and it shows that my side of the arguement is going to win eveuntually.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Example1013

Tabula Rasa n all that shit. I don't know what I'm saying right now.

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By fraser

"I could care less"

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By imsh_pl
@Jay444111: If story dependant games were to have their stories taken away, I agree they would be significantly less entertaining (Bioshock you mentioned being a good example). However, you have to remember that not all games are made with telling a great story in mind. There are many games which are great games and have no story whatsoever.

Video games are a mixture of both story and gameplay. You can have a great game focused on story or one which has no story elements whatsoever. You can have a mixture of both. In each of these three cases there are tons of great examples (Heavy Rain; Picross; Portal 2).

But saying that story should be considered equal to gameplay is purely your opinion, not a fact (mentioned it 2 pages ago, small world!). There are people who can't stand games with mediocre stories, there are people who hate the more story focused approach some video games are taking. Everyone has their favourites.

@fraser said:
" "I could care less" "

I god I hate this as well.
xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#71  Edited By xpgamer7
@Jay444111:  Although I see your point, games like half life would be shadows of themselves in engagement, but the battles would still be fun. It's this driving force that keeps people playing COD and Tetris. Games don't need a story. An a amazing engrossing game would better even more with a great story but it's not needed in a game. Good gameplay is essential in almost every case. The Story is highly valued but not essential. Tetris wouldn't benefit from a story because it's not the point. COD is so multiplayer focused that people care more about the gameplay than story in the first place.  Sure Half Life and Heavy Rain benefit from stories, but that's because they're made for them. Stories should be integrated pre-game development so that it can exist in the world, the environment, the side characters and really the game. Story is a choice. It's because it's not essential to a game that I stand on this point. I agree that many of the best games have a story, and I am a sucker for a game with a good story myself. Still it's not necessary for a game to have it. Without a clear story it will still work and can still be excellent. With a story it can usually be greater but in the end it's not needed. Gameplay is.
Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#72  Edited By Cincaid

Know-it-alls, people who can't admit when they're wrong, and people who refuse to drop a debate just to have the last word pisses me off like nothing else. And sadly it seems every other person on Internet is just that type of person.

But do I rage at it? Absolutly not. It's just the Internet after all, and we all know that 99% of these people just act this way "because they can", and would never be such a big douche in real life.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FesteringNeon

I hate when people single out big business in economy. The banks/walmarts..etc. I get what they're saying, and realize business is business.. but, the upside is locations, accessibility, etc. If you want those things, you pay a premium for those services. A sustainable economy within a smaller mindset or projection is a fantastic idea should you be able to make it work. To an extent, yea capitalism does play a huge role in the monopoly mindset, but I've seen brilliant ideas start from the ground up and compete.. such as Giant Bomb. Gamestop/Software ETC started this way... and people like to nitpick, but the investors/management/sales pushed the business. Yea, it probably puts alot of passionate businesses out of work.. but you always need to look forward if you want to succeed. This is what keeps a competitive market, and prices low. If people give up, then it's not up to anyone to decide but the big business. Is it their fault? No.

I just feel like the minority for the most part on this subject between my friends.. I'm not for capitalism, but I am for successful management / and a way to provide advantages and accessibility even if it comes at a premium. All it takes is an idea folks, and a drive to succeed. It doesn't take a passionate hatred towards world business. If anything I hope it motivates and inspires someone to do something about it, and no matter how successful, remember why you are doing it.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ProfessorEss

I get irritated by people who judge my intelligence by how much I care about story in videogames.

This is usually compounded by them holding up terribly written videogame stories as examples, and insinuating that maybe they were just "too complex" for me.

Ahhhh, only on the internet.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MeierTheRed

I ate a fridge

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#76  Edited By Cazamalos

when someone says that a videogame is for kids or girls just because it doesn't have guns, blood or tons of death

overbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By overbyte

People with mindsets that gaming development moves in discrete chunks and thinks the developers are a homogenous set of an all-in-one artist/coder/designer/producer who all work on one exclusive thing at a time (leading to arguments treating story/graphics as mutually exclusive or rants about the developer working on stuff before "finishing" the current game). Then painting publishers as solely existing to screw over developers.

People who reply with "who cares" on things they disagree with and subsequently can't hold up a decent, calm, and informed discussion about a topic. Which then violates their very premise by replying to a thread which signifies a hint of interest on a topic, even if negative.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Azteck
@Rayfield said:
" Spelling and grammar. Such as everyone spelling definitely as 'definately' on the internet now. What's that about? "
Jesus Christ this gets on my nerves. Not enough to make me flip out or anything but it annoys me
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DrPockets000
@Jay444111: Your opinion is not better than everyone else's, nor is it automatic fact.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#80  Edited By penguindust
@TheHBK said:
" @KaosAngel: Nope, no love for this....

No Caption Provided

"
Yeah, he was a waste of space.  These two were pretty cool, though.

No Caption Provided
I get frustrated by some of the lax acceptance of some gaming trends I see in the gaming population, but "rage" is too strong a term for my disappointment.  It feels like apathy then "quit your bellyaching" is the first response to any dissent. 
PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#81  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I get my rage on when people say that they "could care less" about something.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By theguy
@Jay444111 said:
"

Story is equal to gameplay, gameplay is equal to story, THIS IS A FACT. 

"
Equal in what? Importance? THAT IS NOT A FACT... thats subjective... or did you mean something else? Come to think of it it annoys me when people (I'm not really talking about you here) mix up objective things with subjective things.

Edit: Like when you see people say "Thats just my opinion" No thats not your opinion thats just factually incorrect.
StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By StrikeALight

General ignorance surrounding video games annoys me, as well as people who dismiss titles or genres (the type of gamer who should know better) without bothering to look into them.

eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By eezo

stupid words like:
FAIL/PHAIL
NOOB
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

shit like that, also when people who use Mac are 100% sure that Mac is better than PC,
i just hate those people.. for the record, been using PC privately and Mac work/school wise
and i just prefer PC, and tbh i think it is/was better just due to the fact that it's supported
by more things (also games)

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#85  Edited By JasonR86
@eezo said:
" stupid words like:
FAIL/PHAIL
NOOB
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

My God do I hate those words.  I don't play multiplayer that much let alone with my headset on.  But, as soon as I do I hear some stupid little shit say one of those words I immediately want to dive through my headset and strangle the little fucker.
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Jay444111
@ProfessorEss said:
"

I get irritated by people who judge my intelligence by how much I care about story in videogames.

This is usually compounded by them holding up terribly written videogame stories as examples, and insinuating that maybe they were just "too complex" for me.

"

First off, What the hell are you talking about?

Second, most of the time, when people hate interactive expierence stories, they usually skip every single piece of the story and at the end they ask, "Therez waz noez storiez GAMEZ SUKZORZ!" besides, many gamers IQ's are in the toilet and wouldn't understand a freaking sentence being told to them in a interactive expierence.

See what I mean people. You all know that you have seen people like this before.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Jay444111 said:

" @ProfessorEss said:

First off, What the hell are you talking about?

Second, most of the time, when people hate interactive expierence stories, they usually skip every single piece of the story and at the end they ask, "Therez waz noez storiez GAMEZ SUKZORZ!" besides, many gamers IQ's are in the toilet and wouldn't understand a freaking sentence being told to them in a interactive expierence.

See what I mean people. You all know that you have seen people like this before."

Irony.
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jay444111

@ProfessorEss:

Again, You know nothing of what I am talking about, and prove constantly that you are just trolling.

You wouldn't know irony if it bit you in the face, kinda obvious really.

Also, another thing, is that gamers that hate Interactive expierences like Dragon age 2 or Fallout new vegas's dead money are not meant to play modern Interactive expierences. These type of games are NOT meant for the dumbasses that are gamers of today, they are meant for intellectuals. Yep, I said, the main reason people hate them is because they are not smart enough to know what they are about.

Dead money is about the nature of greed and even shows you what it does to people through the gameplay. While dragon age shows you how a poor man can become great. all the while a holy war nearly breaks loose and terror vs security is the main themes of it. What people do not get is that interactive expierences are now meant for the smart people of the world, and sooner or later, gamers are gonna need to deal with this instead of ***** and complain like usual.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Otogi
@Jay444111 said:
"

@ProfessorEss:  

Also, another thing, is that gamers that hate Interactive expierences like Dragon age 2 or Fallout new vegas's dead money are not meant to play modern Interactive expierences. These type of games are NOT meant for the dumbasses that are gamers of today, they are meant for intellectuals. Yep, I said, the main reason people hate them is because they are not smart enough to know what they are about.

"
Hm. That's a pretty bold statement. Anyway you can back it up? Maybe with some customer reviews or such?
MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#90  Edited By MEATBALL
@TheHBK said:
" That any Final Fantasy game after 9 was good. "
This one.

(Not really, but XII is a tremendous game)
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#91  Edited By big_jon

420 bro.