What Steven Seagal films would you recommend?

• 53 results
thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Under Siege was so good that it cracked famed critic Gene Siskel's top 10 movies of that time, so ergo, er, yeah, it's art?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Under Siege

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just finished watching Under Siege and thought it was great! I thought the film worked primarily cause Busey and Tommy Lee Jones was in it to help carry the film. Their over the top zaniness helped set apart Seagal really bad acting and poorly delivered lines. Throughout the film every time Steven Seagal delivered his lines it felt like he was trying to channel his best Michael Rooker impression. The "just a cook" lines kinda got played out after awhile but overall thought it was a good film. So from what I'm hearing I should probably skip Under Siege 2?

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I agree with this algorithm, but as every rule has an exception. This is Steven Seagal is Under Siege 2: Dark Territory

Also his Birthday is coming up next month, if you want to celebrate it in style by having a movie marathon.

@hobozero said:

Here is the rule with his movies:

If the title can be used to form a sentence stating: "Steve Seagal is <insert title here>" you are golden and should watch for cheesy action goodness. If not, stay far away.

For example:

• Steven Seagal is Hard to Kill
  • Steven Seagal is Under Siege
  • Steven Seagal is Out for Justice
  • Steven Seagal is Marked for Death
  • Steven Seagal is Above the Law
  • Steven Seagal is On Deadly Ground (great villainous turn for Michael Caine and his dye job in this one)
  • Steven Seagal is The Glimmer Man

And, when a sentence just doesn't work, neither does the movie

• Steven Seagal is Executive Decision (nope)
  • Steven Seagal is Today You Die (double-nope)
  • Steven Seagal is Flight of Fury (nopers)
  • Steven Seagal is Under Siege 2 (doesn't work)
  • Steven Seagal is Pistol Whipped (hmmm....)

Edit: the one exception to the rule is Machete. Because it's Machete.

betaband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Under Siege - if only for the cake scene...

Hiyakaratechop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Hiyakaratechop

Yeah I know this thread is dead but fuck it!! I never cared for him he’s boring and has zero charisma,

he’s overpowered in all of his movies to the point where the villains pretty much never land a hit on him, Most of his movies revolve around the same thing he’s either some type of cia agent or police officer, or his partner or someone he knows gets killed and he goes out for revenge, the only movie he was decent in was exit wounds and that was Dmx’s movie anyway because the plot revolved around Dmx trying to bust these dirty cops who put his bro in jail.

There’s so many great action stars that I would put over him.

Jackie Chan. Great charisma, great stunts, great fight scenes.

Bruce Willis. Just watch die hard and the last Boy Scout he’s a fucking legend.

Jcvd. Hard target, blood sport, universal soldier, timecop, and jcvd has a charisma to him that seagal doesn’t.

Jet li. Okay not the most charismatic guy but his movies are still entertaining and are better then Steven seagals. and he has great fight scenes.

Sylvester Stallone. Okay not a great actor but his movies are still way better then Seagal movies, cliffhanger, demolition man, rocky, tango and cash,

Bruce Lee. Of course although he didn’t get to make alot sadly. Fist of fury, enter the dragon, etc.

Brandon lee. Rapid fire, showdown in little tokyo, the crow,

I’d put all these guys over seagal.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By monkeyking1969

Is there a Seagal movie where get gets shot within the first 30 seconds of the movie, and he never appears again? If so THAT one...

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#58  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@monkeyking1969 said:

Is there a Seagal movie where get gets shot within the first 30 seconds of the movie, and he never appears again? If so THAT one...

That basically happens in Executive Decision, though I think it takes about 5-10 minutes rather than 30 seconds.

Also, since it's been a few years since I responded to this thread, and I rewatched both Under Siege movies recently, I think I like Under Siege 2 more than the first one. It's really silly, but very enjoyable.

Yeah I know this thread is dead but fuck it!! I never cared for him he’s boring and has zero charisma,

he’s overpowered in all of his movies to the point where the villains pretty much never land a hit on him, Most of his movies revolve around the same thing he’s either some type of cia agent or police officer, or his partner or someone he knows gets killed and he goes out for revenge,

That also describes the John Wick movies.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Watch everything up to Under Siege after that one all of Seagal's movies go downhill fast to the point where they are unwatchable.