This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by King_of_Winter (14 posts) -

I rarely go to Comicvine these days, and whenever I go they manage to surprise me. There is this new community of users that refer themselves as Geists. They are like a bunch of LoL players or something? Why everyone shares the same name? Are they the same user? I mean look at this.

I guess having your own identity at Comicvine overrated

#2 Edited by RazielCuts (2978 posts) -
#3 Edited by ThunderSlash (1854 posts) -

Probably someone roleplaying with himself.

#4 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3067 posts) -

It's probably some dumb comic bullshit.

#5 Edited by Freshbandito (689 posts) -
I guess having your own identity at Comicvine overrated

I know what you mean, why can't all these people doing something quirky just call themselves Larry, Sue and Steve? Lucky you can revel in your own true identity as the king of winter here on Giant Bomb though eh?

Every forum has someone doing some quirky act for their own / other's amusement. Look to these forums and at Hailinel who pretends to like anime, Darji who pretends to know what the word censorship is and Video_Game_King who pretends to be a benevolent ruler of the moon whilst we all know he's actually a despot who rules the moon with an iron hand. It's all just a bit of fun.

#6 Posted by Vitor (2824 posts) -

Stop going to Comicvine, problem solved.

Tony always seemed like a nice guy but my word, the lack of professionalism on the site is astounding. I literally can't go for a single paragraph on any of his articles without coming across either a grammar or spelling mistake. That, combined with the generally adolescent quality of the writing at large just made me stop going, barring the odd occasion when I need to look up who a certain super-villain is. Even then, Wiki seems to do a better job these days.

#7 Edited by ThunderSlash (1854 posts) -

@freshbandito: Hey why are you breaking character? That's against the ToS.

Edit: Grammatical mistake. Oops.

#8 Posted by Village_Guy (2645 posts) -

@thunderslash: Woah there, isn't that breaking character to point out he is breaking character? I'm afraid you might just have broken the rules, good sir.

#9 Posted by BBAlpert (1532 posts) -

Whatever you do, stay away from MD Geist. He's the Most Dangerous.

God, that movie sucked.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Video_Game_King who pretends to be a benevolent ruler of the moon whilst we all know he's actually a despot who rules the moon with an iron hand.

The fuck did you just say?

#11 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5043 posts) -

I can't believe no one asked the question yet: where is Poltergeist?

#12 Edited by Chaser324 (6661 posts) -

Comic Vine has pretty slack rules when it comes to creating alternate accounts and it openly allows battle threads and full on role-playing.

That's their thing, and that's totally fine. Just please don't bring that nonsense over here.

#13 Edited by Yummylee (22114 posts) -

Comic Vine has pretty slack rules when it comes to creating alternate accounts and it openly allows battle threads and full on role-playing.

That's their thing, and that's totally fine. Just please don't bring that nonsense over here.

Amen to that.

#14 Posted by Brendan (7846 posts) -
#15 Posted by Freshbandito (689 posts) -
#16 Posted by Akyho (1678 posts) -

@chaser324: Battle threads are just crazy, Comic vine has a sort of reasonable set of people who partake. So each to their own.

The battle threads over at Anime vice. Those were insane and the poster child for why no one should do battle threads.

I welcome the rules set in place here at GB.

I even got a message about another account on my IP from a mod. I explained it was my dads since I talk so much about Gaintbomb he signed up.

I fully understand the trouble of alt accounts in forums, being a mod on a 14 year old forum...we have seen all kinds of stuff.

#17 Posted by dudeglove (8036 posts) -

#18 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2191 posts) -

It's probably a cult.

#19 Posted by Excast (1030 posts) -

It's Jeff Geistmann's gang.

#20 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3438 posts) -

Seriously with this thread?

Pretty lame to go on a website forum to diss people on a forum of another website.

"Hey video game nerds can you believe how uncool these other nerds on the comics site are?? Isn't that SOOoo funny!??!?!"

Yeah. Hilarious.

#21 Posted by Turambar (6813 posts) -

Seriously with this thread?

Pretty lame to go on a website forum to diss people on a forum of another website.

"Hey video game nerds can you believe how uncool these other nerds on the comics site are?? Isn't that SOOoo funny!??!?!"

Yeah. Hilarious.

On the one hand, yeah, it's kind of dumb. On the other hand, this site does it all the time, so it's not exactly surprising.

#22 Edited by Demoskinos (15030 posts) -

@chaser324: Man,and here I had my Hatsune Miku role play thread all typed out.

#23 Posted by Itwastuesday (975 posts) -

possible relation to geist?

#24 Posted by HatKing (6034 posts) -

I assume they're all just really big fans of bad spelling and Arthur Gies.

#25 Posted by MB (12785 posts) -

If you want to ask questions about other sites, you should probably do it on...the other sites.

Moderator Online