birth control pills are always a winner,

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Jaktajj
@Ihmishylje:  Argh, my bad - sorry dude I coulda sworn I read somewhere in this post that you were somewhere USA based, I must be going insane! But yes, if she's really Pro-Nursing she'd really appreciate something that says 'Hey you're a Nurse and I acknowledge and respect that'. There's lots of like, stuffed-bears and other animals in Nursing costumes as well that would be kinda cute if she's into that kinda gift. Although avoid anything that like, portrays Nurses as the whole 'sexy, slutty' stereotype thing like the plague.
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By benpack

Try getting a couple of sappy chick flick movies. I was going to say Epic Yarn until the part about not having a Wii.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Ihmishylje
@el_tajij said:
" @Ihmishylje:  Argh, my bad - sorry dude I coulda sworn I read somewhere in this post that you were somewhere USA based, I must be going insane! But yes, if she's really Pro-Nursing she'd really appreciate something that says 'Hey you're a Nurse and I acknowledge and respect that'. There's lots of like, stuffed-bears and other animals in Nursing costumes as well that would be kinda cute if she's into that kinda gift. Although avoid anything that like, portrays Nurses as the whole 'sexy, slutty' stereotype thing like the plague. "
No worries, I actually take it as a compliment, if people confuse me with a native English speaker. So, cheers. :D

And yeah, that sexy nurse thing must get some eye-rolling at the office?
sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By sixdemonbag

For something small, consider something like this.  Its something that you got her that she'll take to work and use every day.   I didn't realize that you weren't from the states, so the international shipping for Etsy may bump up the price. 

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By mattysen
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ihmishylje
@sixdemonbag said:
"

For something small, consider something like this.  Its something that you got her that she'll take to work and use every day.   I didn't realize that you weren't from the states, so the international shipping for Etsy may not be the way to go. 

"
That's actually pretty cool, but wouldn't get here on time, I'm afraid. But I'll certainly bookmark it, might get that for her in the future.
sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By sixdemonbag
@Ihmishylje:
Depending on how much effort you want to put into it and if you have access to a sewing machine you could just make one from any Hello Kitty fabric that you could buy at a crafts store.    

Just get a approximately 10x2 inch strip of fabric and just sew one side to another and almost close one side and there you go, a hand-made gift that cost you around $2 and a half hour of your time, that most likely will be more thoughtful than gifts other dudes have gotten her before.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By Xeiphyer

- Earrings or bracelets are sometimes a good choice, you need to know if she actually wears them though.
- Perfume is not a good choice, since you probably know shit about perfume and presumably she already has something nice/expensive that you won't beat.
- Taking her out for a fancy dinner is always nice, just make sure you book in advance.

Honestly though, just ask her what she wants, or to give you an idea of what she might like. If you have only been dating a few months I doubt she expects anything big, especially if you are broke. Save the expensive gifts for next year, if you last that long.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@Keenblaze said:
"A female once told me that women can never have enough shoes. "

Was it a female centipede?
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Fallen189

Make something. As an arts and design major fag, I'm making my girlfriend something myself. Won't disclose the final project here at the risk she spots it, but hey, if you need any ideas of home made things, or you wanna snatch my idea, hit me up.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Dogma

I agree with cherub09 to make the gift personal. If she means something to you then show it by putting some love and effort into it.  The tips you got about aknowledge her as a nurse are good suggestions I think.

This christmas I will give my girlfriend (this is our first christmas) a website. Sounds wierd and techy? The thing is that she is an incredibly gifted artist/illustrator. She does freelance work and have had a couple of art exihibitions but she have all her work on display on DevianArt and I think that she should have a proper and nice looking place to have her portfolio and something to reference pontential customers too. Therefore I bought a domain and is underway working on modding a quite advanced Wordpress theme so she can get her own website. 
I am not an webdesigner so this takes effort from my part and I do it because I care, because I love her and because I support her talent.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By Jeust

Lingerie of course! She can never have too much of it! ^^

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By matpaget

Your dick in a box

Avatar image for thevideohustler
TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheVideoHustler

I'm a gay dude, which basically makes me a women. And if you cared for me, I would tell you not to spend a lot of money, which means you should. But it's not about what the gift is. It's more about the love you show as you get it. For example. Got a necklace? Best have a story behind it. Perfume? Tell her, even tho you got her this perfume bottle, you love smelling her just the way she is.  Something like that

Hope this helps duder

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I would just get her a CD or something. Then again,  I've never had a girlfriend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" @Keenblaze said:
Was it a female centipede? "
Millipede.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@TheVideoHustler said:
"Perfume? Tell her, even tho you got her this perfume bottle, you love smelling her just the way she is.  "

Good suggestion, buy her perfume and tell her you like the way she smells. Really confuse the shit out of her.  Perfume and confusion, THAT IS A BOGO.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ihmishylje

Thanks guys, I got some helpful tips. :) And yeah, I'll be sure to make it personal, somehow.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@Keenblaze said:
" @BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" @Keenblaze said:
Was it a female centipede? "
Millipede. "

Vanillipede.
raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#72  Edited By raidingkvatch
@TehJames said:
"   Buy her a cookbook and a frying pan and your happiness will be guaranteed.  "
This.
Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jaktajj
@Ihmishylje said:
" @el_tajij said:
" @Ihmishylje:  Argh, my bad - sorry dude I coulda sworn I read somewhere in this post that you were somewhere USA based, I must be going insane! But yes, if she's really Pro-Nursing she'd really appreciate something that says 'Hey you're a Nurse and I acknowledge and respect that'. There's lots of like, stuffed-bears and other animals in Nursing costumes as well that would be kinda cute if she's into that kinda gift. Although avoid anything that like, portrays Nurses as the whole 'sexy, slutty' stereotype thing like the plague. "
No worries, I actually take it as a compliment, if people confuse me with a native English speaker. So, cheers. :D  And yeah, that sexy nurse thing must get some eye-rolling at the office? "
Haha, your English seems spot on to me! Yeah, don't get me wrong, the whole 'sexy Nurse' thing can be fun but when you are putting effort into a Christmas gift (and at the point where you're dating but not super official girlfriend status), you definitely want to show you're interested/respect her as a Nurse for her profession, cause like I said - they take it super seriously and it'll really mean a lot to her if you show her you understand that! Hope that helps! :)
cherub09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By cherub09

I'm not sure a nurse wants a "HEY LOOK I'M A NURSE" kind of gift even if she loves her job and takes is seriously.
I'm a teacher, and I certainly don't want a cheesy teacher sweatshirt or an apple watch.
Just sayin'

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

A highly unstable plutonium compound.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By iam3green

pandora charm, they are cheap and nice. every girl enjoys getting pandora charms and they have different kinds also. i got my mom a snowflake this christmas. i think the last one before that was a present. there are different themed ones also.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By WickedFather

I got my girlfriend a screwdriver from the poundshop with 7 different heads and some rechargeable batteries and a charger.  She got me a Wii with Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jkz

If you don't know much about Perfume (i.e Cologne; the fields are similar), now's the time to learn. It's always a life-saver when you need a last second gift, and being able to differentiate between Top-Notes and Base-Notes (so you can tell whether it's a nice scent for the entirety of the day, or only 3 1/2 minutes) is always helpful. Plus, it's something you yourself can make use of.

ArmedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#79  Edited By ArmedBear

She likes Hello Kitty so much, take her out for a Hello Kitty tattoo. 

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#80  Edited By fox01313

Go with something she likes or shows some subject interest in, shared interest, that or doing something handmade craft (or digital) item works. Really just depends on her & what you know of her, hard to give advice without knowing her. While this forum isn't quite the place for a question like this, not a bad place to ask mind you, but it's going to be a random grab bag of responses on the most part, good luck & have batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de441812a230
deactivated-5de441812a230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a cardigan. 
It's a cardigan. 
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By LiquidPrince

The Shopper Drug Mart here in Canada a sale on all their perfumes. Stuff that was usually $100 was cut down to $20. Cheap and something girls appreciate.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By subject2change
@crusader8463 said:
" @Ihmishylje:  Didn't mean a hit agaisnt you, just some ladies don't put much interest in sex so it isn't as meaningful to them. Or at least they like to pretend to. "
Wait what? Maybe what they put on in front of you but not always the case...
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#84  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Cook her a nice meal.  Buy some nice wine.  Buy a CD of her kind of music.  Make it her night.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LiquidPrince said:
" The Shopper Drug Mart here in Canada a sale on all their perfumes. Stuff that was usually $100 was cut down to $20. Cheap and something girls appreciate. "
You're sending him mixed messages! 
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By LiquidPrince
@GravityProof said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" The Shopper Drug Mart here in Canada a sale on all their perfumes. Stuff that was usually $100 was cut down to $20. Cheap and something girls appreciate. "
You're sending him mixed messages!  "
Cheap for him, yet something his girlfriend can appreciate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LiquidPrince said:
" @GravityProof said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
You're sending him mixed messages!  "
Cheap for him, yet something his girlfriend can appreciate. "
So something like this? 

No Caption Provided
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By LiquidPrince
@GravityProof: Exactly.
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Ihmishylje
@cherub09 said:

" I'm not sure a nurse wants a "HEY LOOK I'M A NURSE" kind of gift even if she loves her job and takes is seriously.I'm a teacher, and I certainly don't want a cheesy teacher sweatshirt or an apple watch. Just sayin' "

Haha, fair enough. :D But it varies between professions. Teaching is a bit different from nursing, after all. And of course from person to person, but that much's obvious. 

@Gamer_152

said:

" A highly unstable plutonium compound. "

Were she a physicist bent on creating somekind of doomsday device (and if I had some ridiculous money on hand) I'd consider that.

@WickedFather

said:

" I got my girlfriend a screwdriver from the poundshop with 7 different heads and some rechargeable batteries and a charger.  She got me a Wii with Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess. "

Wow, you guys must've been a long time together.

@jukezypoo

said:

" If you don't know much about Perfume (i.e Cologne; the fields are similar), now's the time to learn. It's always a life-saver when you need a last second gift, and being able to differentiate between Top-Notes and Base-Notes (so you can tell whether it's a nice scent for the entirety of the day, or only 3 1/2 minutes) is always helpful. Plus, it's something you yourself can make use of. "

I never wear cologne, because I feel I come off as sleazy or something if I do. I don't know if she uses any perfume, but I like the smell of whatever hair product she uses, it has a nice, mild and fruity scent. But you're not wrong, I guess.

@LiquidPrince

said:

Cheap, but still not quite worth making that trip across the Atlantic. But I'm sure if some Canadians browsing this thread have some Christmas shopping to do, they'll appreciate the tip.

@Subject2Change said:

" @crusader8463 said:

" @Ihmishylje:  Didn't mean a hit agaisnt you, just some ladies don't put much interest in sex so it isn't as meaningful to them. Or at least they like to pretend to. "

Wait what? Maybe what they put on in front of you but not always the case... "
  Yeah... most girls I've dated were asking, on the first date, if I had condoms on hand. And I don't think it's just me. But then, it's not like I have a huge sample size to draw conclusions from.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By subject2change

indeed, same small pool but women are equally as into sex as guys. And this is generalizing as some guys are into sex, nor or some women. But the "generic" pool of people it's even. 

However in regards to the thread; similar situation (its been 4 months for me) and I bought her a poster that im having framed cause her room is a bit bare as she recently moved there as well as a plush sperm, it's funny and I think she'll laugh at it. I'll prob get her something else as well or maybe something for me for her if you know what I mean...lol. We are also going away for New Years so maybe ill just do something then. And we got Weezer tickets for this Friday, which i'll probably not ask her to pay me for (they were mad expensive and she offered to pay for hers).

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Example1013

Pro tip: if you ask her for a christmas list, and get her something off of that, you can't go wrong. Even just asking her for a verbal shortlist would be a good idea. And whatever you get, don't forget the gift receipt, just in case.

Also, expensive cologne doesn't make you seem sleazy, unless you put too much on. Nobody should be able to smell you unless they're immediately next to you, so as long as she has to get really close to identify it, you're fine. I, of course, don't use cologne, because I like spending money on useful things, and I also don't have a girlfriend. But if I did, I'd probably put the money into getting some.

@GravityProof: I've heard that those are no fun for anybody. Kind of like screwing a trash bag.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Brendan

I read the title as "Want to get a girl for Christmas?"
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By NTM

Wow, it's kind of sad you don't know what your girl friend would want. Ok, easy. Ask her what she would like (it's really what any guy should do), and once you get a response, go look for something, but add a twist to what she was interested in. It'll not only be something she wanted, but it'd also be a nice surprise. It depends on the girl, but usually you don't want to get her what she needs, but something that fits her personality. So instead of a microwave (or anything that has to do with weight loss I should include), get something like jewelry. She wants to feel the feminine side of her and so on and so forth. Meh. Ok, listen to me good bye.  
Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#94  Edited By ShadowKnight508

@Ihmishylje: I'd get her one of those fancy $40 soap and body baskets that you see at Bath and Body Works or you can get her a gift card for her favorite store.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#95  Edited By grilledcheez
@NTM said:
" Wow, it's kind of sad you don't know what your girl friend would want. Ok, easy. Ask her what she would like (it's really what any guy should do), and once you get a response, go look for something, but add a twist to what she was interested in. It'll not only be something she wanted, but it'd also be a nice surprise. It depends on the girl, but usually you don't want to get her what she needs, but something that fits her personality. So instead of a microwave (or anything that has to do with weight loss I should include), get something like jewelry. She wants to feel the feminine side of her and so on and so forth. Meh. Ok, listen to me good bye.   "
This whole thing basically...it depends on HER and who she is
IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By IcySandman

Ooh ooh get her a shake weight! 

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By masternater27

Oral sex. And maybe make her something that would mean something to her or something gross like that.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Ihmishylje
@GrilledCheez01 said:

" @NTM said:

" Wow, it's kind of sad you don't know what your girl friend would want. Ok, easy. Ask her what she would like (it's really what any guy should do), and once you get a response, go look for something, but add a twist to what she was interested in. It'll not only be something she wanted, but it'd also be a nice surprise. It depends on the girl, but usually you don't want to get her what she needs, but something that fits her personality. So instead of a microwave (or anything that has to do with weight loss I should include), get something like jewelry. She wants to feel the feminine side of her and so on and so forth. Meh. Ok, listen to me good bye.   "
This whole thing basically...it depends on HER and who she is "
Y'know, the concept of people as individuals is not beyond me, but thanks for for the condescending tone anyway! :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@example1013 said:

@GravityProof: I've heard that those are no fun for anybody. Kind of like screwing a trash bag. "

YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT!?
Well do ya!? Scram!
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Ihmishylje
@GravityProof said:
" @example1013 said:

@GravityProof: I've heard that those are no fun for anybody. Kind of like screwing a trash bag. "

Well do ya!? Scram! "

I just came.