• 157 results
Pox22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Pox22

I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if this has already been stated.

Gift-giving for wimmenz is an art-form.  It takes a mixture of listening-skills, thoughtfulness, critical thinking, and both planning and spontaneity.  The most basic route for effective gift-giving is to fill a practical need.  Does she need something to perform a necessary task?  Does she complain a lot about a specific process that could be eased with a moderately-priced gift?  For example, my last girlfriend complained constantly of not having a food processor, as she wanted to make salsa or whatever.  Easy gift.

The next level plays off of nostalgia, memories and history.  Another example, my last girlfriend and I hung out at a coffeeshouse a lot before we dated, and she would try a different tea everytime.  So my first gift to her was a collection of those teas she enjoyed most.  That took translating a memory into a gift.  Very thoughtful, and women LOVE it.  You've only been dating a few months, but I bet you already have some in-jokes or cool memories/experiences that you could play off of into a thoughtful gift.

And if you can COMBINE these two approaches, then that's even better.  My last girlfriend did for me by buying me a set of juggling balls and instructional materials.  My inability to juggle was a constant in-joke between us, AND I really wanted to learn how to juggle.  It was great.

I don't have specific suggestions for you, just concepts to keep in mind.  The best gifts come from really knowing the person, and considering your relationship and dynamic.  Good luck.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102  Edited By Levio

Gym membership.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Subjugation

Will she answer the call?
Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By ShadowKnight508
@weeman105 said:
"
"
You just made my day xD
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Ihmishylje
@weeman105: Made me chuckle. :D
DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By DG991

a dick in a box

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By subject2change
@cherub09 said:
" Okay from a girl's perspective:  Tickets to a nice event (shows you have forethought and planning skills to think ahead, and that since you thought ahead you plan on sticking with her a little while longer at least)  Take her vehicle to get it detailed inside and out (women are busy too, and this would be such a thoughtful gesture)   If you must get the Hello Kitty stuff, get a little change purse or wallet and put a heartfelt letter inside (and don't ask us here what to write in the letter ;O)   The time you put into a gift is more important than the price. Make it special, since this is your first Christmas together. "
Hmmmm, that 1st one is a nice perspective into the female mind. Thanks.
Avatar image for giantbombiscool
giantbombiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#108  Edited By giantbombiscool

i't s not all tangible goods man. do something nice, think about it. take her to a nice show. that's what i did for my mum, and i got to third base. merry christmas dude.

xXRAWxHEATxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By xXRAWxHEATxX

buy her some money. women love money

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By HitmanAgent47

No idea tbh. Maybe some romance movies or something. However I don't technically know any.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Ihmishylje
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

No idea tbh. Maybe some romance movies or something. However I don't technically know any.

"
Thanks for the input. :D
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#112  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@weeman105 said:
"
"
That is one of the greatest things I have ever seen. You are my hero for the day! 
Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#114  Edited By Dimsey

A horse. Chicks dig horses.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de441812a230
deactivated-5de441812a230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ihmishylje: uh... sorry?
Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#116  Edited By Jaktajj
@cherub09 said:

" I'm not sure a nurse wants a "HEY LOOK I'M A NURSE" kind of gift even if she loves her job and takes is seriously.I'm a teacher, and I certainly don't want a cheesy teacher sweatshirt or an apple watch. Just sayin' "

Then I can assume you don't know many Nurses! ;) Haha, like its been said - we don't know her so any of these suggestions could be valid. But, if they've only been dating a short time then I'd get her something light-hearted but, thoughtful. If Ihmishylie is asking on this forum when we can safely assume he's got NO IDEA what to get her. Stuff like perfume is a bit cliched and sort of 'loaded' and a bit 'Hey, you're a girl, you must like perfume, hereyago!'. If she's a Nurse, then I can tell you from being a Nurse myself (and dated enough Nurses to know), its incredibly important to her and if he shows that he understands that it's a safe bet for a light-hearted but thoughtful present. That's the way I'd go.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Example1013
@el_tajij: So...needles?
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@Pox22 said:
" I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if this has already been stated.  Gift-giving for wimmenz is an art-form.  It takes a mixture of listening-skills, thoughtfulness, critical thinking, and both planning and spontaneity.  The most basic route for effective gift-giving is to fill a practical need.  Does she need something to perform a necessary task?  Does she complain a lot about a specific process that could be eased with a moderately-priced gift?  For example, my last girlfriend complained constantly of not having a food processor, as she wanted to make salsa or whatever.  Easy gift.  The next level plays off of nostalgia, memories and history.  Another example, my last girlfriend and I hung out at a coffeeshouse a lot before we dated, and she would try a different tea everytime.  So my first gift to her was a collection of those teas she enjoyed most.  That took translating a memory into a gift.  Very thoughtful, and women LOVE it.  You've only been dating a few months, but I bet you already have some in-jokes or cool memories/experiences that you could play off of into a thoughtful gift.  And if you can COMBINE these two approaches, then that's even better.  My last girlfriend did for me by buying me a set of juggling balls and instructional materials.  My inability to juggle was a constant in-joke between us, AND I really wanted to learn how to juggle.  It was great.  I don't have specific suggestions for you, just concepts to keep in mind.  The best gifts come from really knowing the person, and considering your relationship and dynamic.  Good luck. "
QFT . 

Inside jokes are the best. Or if she ever mentions things that are "important to her". Not that women should be allowed opinions, but meh. I don't write the rules!
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Example1013
@arab_prince: Just make sure you never get her a nice car. She'll wreck it too fast!
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Example1013
@Pox22: I also disagree with you. I personally think that girls want you to plan the shit out of everything, but make it seem like it's spontaneous. Just like (and this is literally straight from the horse's mouth) they want you to groom yourself, but they don't want to be able to tell. Specifically, the girls were talking about eyebrows. They said that they hate unibrows, but that they didn't like guys whose eyebrows looked plucked, either.
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Catolf
@TheVideoHustler said:
" I'm a gay dude, which basically makes me a women. And if you cared for me, I would tell you not to spend a lot of money, which means you should. But it's not about what the gift is. It's more about the love you show as you get it. For example. Got a necklace? Best have a story behind it. Perfume? Tell her, even tho you got her this perfume bottle, you love smelling her just the way she is.  Something like that  Hope this helps duder "
This
CharkeeFarlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By CharkeeFarlee

Jared Leto.  
What girl doesn't what Jared Leto?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Example1013

Honestly I'm kind of partial to the dick in a box idea.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Ihmishylje
@example1013 said:
" @Pox22: I also disagree with you. I personally think that girls want you to plan the shit out of everything, but make it seem like it's spontaneous. Just like (and this is literally straight from the horse's mouth) they want you to groom yourself, but they don't want to be able to tell. Specifically, the girls were talking about eyebrows. They said that they hate unibrows, but that they didn't like guys whose eyebrows looked plucked, either. "
Yeah, the sort of people who want you to be in terrific shape but not diet or work out like a maniac. People like that can go fuck themselves.
OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By OmegaChosen

My homies here have a suggestion.  
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

On a serious note though, the best we'd be able to suggest is either comedic (attempted or otherwise) things or just generic things. Generic things are fine but they obviously are just that, generic. Since you've been dating this girl for a while, think about the things she likes and what she likes to do and figure out a gift that fits into that.

Jewelry usually goes over pretty well though but seeing as you're working on a limited budget, that might not work for you.

daitheflu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By daitheflu

Get her something that will ensure more time spent with you, but not some trinket sure to be lost in a drawer by April.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Cunnilingus.

chmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By chmod
Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Hunkulese

Bayonetta 

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Her two front teeth.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Pibo47
@FourWude said:
" Dildo. "
Interweb genius
NeVeRMoRe666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By NeVeRMoRe666
@Ihmishylje:  Depends on what she likes. Get her something she would like, not something you think a girl would like.

I'm getting my gf an accordion this Christmas, for example.

Past gifts include: Telescope (so we could look at the stars together), lingerie, a PS3, art books, tickets to a play, a vintage camera, a customized sleeping bag with a stitched quote of her favorite song, a mix-tape, a pet bunny,a  DVD set of her favorite director (Woody Allen),  some sweet kicks; clothes are always nice if you have a strong sense of fashion. A nice warm jacket/hoodie for the winter season, attached with a cheesy note saying something about keeping her warm, would be suitable.

Good luck!
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By FunExplosions

Some pencils. Or an orange or something. Girls like that stuff, right?

NeVeRMoRe666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By NeVeRMoRe666
@Pox22 said:
" I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if this has already been stated.  Gift-giving for wimmenz is an art-form.  It takes a mixture of listening-skills, thoughtfulness, critical thinking, and both planning and spontaneity.  The most basic route for effective gift-giving is to fill a practical need.  Does she need something to perform a necessary task?  Does she complain a lot about a specific process that could be eased with a moderately-priced gift?  For example, my last girlfriend complained constantly of not having a food processor, as she wanted to make salsa or whatever.  Easy gift.  The next level plays off of nostalgia, memories and history.  Another example, my last girlfriend and I hung out at a coffeeshouse a lot before we dated, and she would try a different tea everytime.  So my first gift to her was a collection of those teas she enjoyed most.  That took translating a memory into a gift.  Very thoughtful, and women LOVE it.  You've only been dating a few months, but I bet you already have some in-jokes or cool memories/experiences that you could play off of into a thoughtful gift.  And if you can COMBINE these two approaches, then that's even better.  My last girlfriend did for me by buying me a set of juggling balls and instructional materials.  My inability to juggle was a constant in-joke between us, AND I really wanted to learn how to juggle.  It was great.  I don't have specific suggestions for you, just concepts to keep in mind.  The best gifts come from really knowing the person, and considering your relationship and dynamic.  Good luck. "

This is probably the best /most useful advice you'll get from this thread. Gift giving, in itself, is hard, Gift giving for someone that's important, is even harder. It really is an art form you have to hone. And it never gets any easier- especially when you start to run out of ideas.

Think it through and act. Again, good luck.
dapperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By dapperman
@JerichoBlyth: Genius sir
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#136  Edited By lazyturtle

Can't go wrong with pampering services like pedicure, manicure or massage. Also jewelery is always a winner..doesn't have to be anything expensive. A nice anklet or earings perhaps?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By iamjohn

No Caption Provided
Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Toxin066

New pair of boobs. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#139  Edited By Arbie
@CharkeeFarlee said:

" Jared Leto.  What girl doesn't what Jared Leto? "

Nom nom nom. In a box!

Get her anything. I'd vote jewelery and a box of chocolates. Doesn't have to be expensive considering you haven't been together too long, so nothing sentimental. Something pretty from an accessory section in a girly store maybe. I mean that'd do it really, but you already know you're onto a winner with the chocolates so can't go wrong with them, but anything thoughtful would be appreciated I think .

Oh and about the perfume. If she already wears a certain kind, you're best either getting that one, taking her shopping for one or not getting one at all.
Sporkbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Sporkbane

Honestly getting girls gifts is very difficult, because a lot of the things they want (clothes, jewelry, perfume, shoes, etc.) tend to have a lot of personal taste involved in their selection. It's never a good idea for a man to foray into those fields, as they will wear something they hate out of guilt, which is kind of a shitty feeling for everyone involved. 

That being said, the best thing to do is to get something like tickets to a show of some sort (not necessarily like theater or anything, maybe a concert or some lecture she wants to go to) or just going with a nice dinner. There are many many easy meals that look like they took way more effort to make than they did, and really, it's the thought that counts here. Showing that you like her is more important that showing her that you can read her wants and needs like an instruction manual.  

Basically anything that creates and experience between you two is the way to do it, even if it doesn't seem girly. I dated a girl for a year and our first date was sky diving. Not the girliest thing in the world, but hell was it fun. Go-karting is cheap, so is paintball. Girls like adrenaline as much as guys do.

Best part of all of those things, none of them are mutually exclusive with your dick in a box. Best served with dessert. 

gwilo007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By gwilo007

the answer is simple: A D*** in A Box 
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#142  Edited By Detrian

A hot dicking.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By habster3

Uh... love and compassion???

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By keyhunter

I'm assuming the previous 5 pages is "A dick in a box".
But seriously: Give her a jar of saltwater toffee and put 30 dollars worth of 1's in there.

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Brandy

While jewelry might be a good idea for most women, from my experience it really depends on how "high-maintenance" she is. If you see her wearing jewelry all of the time, then yes, probably a good idea. If all she ever wears is earrings though, that might be a bad choice - and an expensive one at that. Same thing with flowers - if she has told you in the past she loves them, then go for it, but I've come across more than a handful of girls in my circle of friends (myself included) that would much rather have a tangible, lasting item, than flowers that will die in a few days.  Yes, they're pretty, but they're a waste of money ultimately. 

General rule of thumb, unless she's a chef or has a freakish love of cleaning, don't buy her anything for housework or to use in the kitchen. Don't buy her anything she has to pour more money into (something that needs refills, or extra accessories) unless she specifically asks for them. And if she complains about her weight, don't buy chocolates. Don't tell her WHY you didn't buy them - just avoid it. That way, you also avoid the whole "Aww, these chocolates are yummy, but they go straight to my hips" conversation.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By captain_clayman

get a movie that you both like, and some snacks, or something.  fun wholesome christmas.  maybe get it for xmas eve.

and then stick it in her pooper.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By captain_clayman
@sagesebas said:
" Socks, knee high ones "
OR THESE!!!! 

fapfapfapfap
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#148  Edited By Skald

A Roomba. Those things are awesome.

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By JayDee

list some of her interests for fucks sake. how should we know?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Example1013
@Ihmishylje said:
" @example1013 said:
" @Pox22: I also disagree with you. I personally think that girls want you to plan the shit out of everything, but make it seem like it's spontaneous. Just like (and this is literally straight from the horse's mouth) they want you to groom yourself, but they don't want to be able to tell. Specifically, the girls were talking about eyebrows. They said that they hate unibrows, but that they didn't like guys whose eyebrows looked plucked, either. "
Yeah, the sort of people who want you to be in terrific shape but not diet or work out like a maniac. People like that can go fuck themselves. "
Well, yeah, sort of. They weren't really like that. I think it's just that girls in general want you to do simple grooming things to make yourself look nice, but they don't want to be able to tell that you've done it.

So you're basically supposed to put the effort in, without showing that you put the effort in. Kind of like an editor's job: you know it's done right when you can't tell it's done at all.