• 99 results
#1 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -

I always have to switch the channel whenever I see an animal abuse commercial. I honestly can't think of anything else that has disturbed me more than one of those depressing ads. I wish I could adopt all of those neglected pets. :(

So, what about you guys? What makes you weep like a baby?

#2 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

My boner.

#3 Posted by CaLe (3988 posts) -

When my parents die. Gets me every time.

#4 Posted by Nightriff (5093 posts) -

Is it bad that I got tears in my eyes during the end of Toy Story 3? Am I the only one?

#5 Edited by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

I need to watch Toy Story 3 and see what all this sadness is about. No you're not the only one I am sure.

#6 Posted by Nightriff (5093 posts) -

@NMC2008: Not that it is sad, it's just touchingly sweet how they closed out the trilogy....maybe. You never know with Disney.

#7 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

When i masturbate and my mother catches me but then I realise she has been watching me through the crack in the door for ten minutes.

#8 Posted by Icemael (6321 posts) -

Father-daughter relationships.

#9 Posted by Village_Guy (2582 posts) -

Sad music in movies, hell not only sad music, sometimes triumphant music too. I got all teary at the end of Flags of our Fathers for some reason...

#10 Posted by PenguinDust (12523 posts) -

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

When i masturbate and my mother catches me but then I realize she has been watching me through the crack in the door for ten minutes.

She was just looking for her panties...oops, there they are!

#11 Posted by SexualBubblegumX (542 posts) -

@Icemael said:

Are you thinking of messed up erotic fiction kind? Because if so we should totally hang out and smoke weed.

#12 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

this thread really went off the rails quite fast.

#13 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I'm watching Heroes for the first time, some of the episodes have tugged.

#14 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Falling in lava on minecraft.. I had full diamond armor!

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Isn't it obvious? The little heart elves that live inside my body.

#16 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

retards

#17 Posted by el_tajij (712 posts) -

When you see someone sitting alone in a busy restaurant eating by themselves and it's as if they look like the loneliest person in the world.

#18 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

When you go for the last beer in the fridge, but it's not there because you already drank it prior.

#19 Posted by Dexter_Morgan_ (314 posts) -

@Hizang said:

I'm watching Heroes for the first time, some of the episodes have tugged.

Don't go passed Season 1. You will regret it.

#20 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

Is it bad that I got tears in my eyes during the end of Toy Story 3? Am I the only one?

You are not alone. Watching the end of Toy Story 3 kinda reminded me how my childhood was over too.

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I don't cry, but the thing that horrifies and depresses me the most is men abusing other men. I watched a BBC special about the neo Nazis and racists within the Polish and Ukrainian football supporters, they beat up the black and asian supporters, and chant anti-jewish slogans. 

It especially turns my stomach when it's a soldier abusing his position to massacre, rape or abuse the weak civilian men and women without anyone seeing. I honestly loathe the US army after seeing all the shit that has been leaked or shared of what they do over there. Even though I consider American people pretty cool.

#22 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

this thread really went off the rails quite fast.

haha, and by fast i assume you mean immediately.

#23 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

puppets are dumb

#24 Posted by Jeust (10655 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic said:
I don't cry, but the thing that horrifies and depresses me the most is men abusing other men. I watched a BBC special about the neo Nazis and racists within the Polish and Ukrainian football supporters, they beat up the black and asian supporters, and chant anti-jewish slogans.  It especially turns my stomach when it's a soldier abusing his position to massacre, rape or abuse the weak civilian men and women without anyone seeing. I honestly loathe the US army after seeing all the shit that has been leaked or shared of what they do over there. Even though I consider American people pretty cool.
This. Seeing abuse gets me everytime. I hate abuse.
#25 Posted by Portis (1287 posts) -

Daughters and/or Sons taking their elderly Mom, Dad or Grandparents out to do fun stuff.

#26 Posted by simpsonsfan (53 posts) -

@Nightriff: I cried too.

#27 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Isn't it obvious? The little heart elves that live inside my body.

Many things live inside your body.

#28 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

Absolutely not. Many times during the movie I had to try my hardest to hold back the water works; especially at the beginning of the movie when it shows the home movies of Andy and his toys over the years. It was like watching my childhood flash before my eyes. Such a fantastic film.

#29 Posted by hoossy (934 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

How is that bad? It means you have a soul... and yes, I did too.

#30 Edited by Paindamnation (805 posts) -

Touch is kinda tugging at Heart Strings. But so are alot of Episodes of House M.D.

I also can NEVER watch the episode of Futurama where Fry's dog got solidified in rock. It's just too much to watch that poor dog wait forever for him. I want a dog like that.

#31 Edited by wewantsthering (1568 posts) -

Any well-developed characters put through relatable issues like death, remorse, loss, depression, abuse, etc. The key is that they have to be good, flawed characters for me to care enough. Winter's Bone, Pan's Labyrinth, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, The Bicycle Thief, Breaking Bad, The 400 Blows, Radio Flyer, and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are just a few examples of these.

Edit: 95% of the people on this thread are morons.

#32 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -

@el_tajij said:

When you see someone sitting alone in a busy restaurant eating by themselves and it's as if they look like the loneliest person in the world.

So true. I feel like putting them on my shoulders and buying them a balloon.

#33 Posted by crazyleaves (646 posts) -

I saw Toy Story 3 in the theater, every godamn adult was crying and every kid was grinning. It's called the "Lasseter effect".

As for what tears me up, just about anything really.

@AhmadMetallic of course you don't cry :P

#34 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

This video made me cry when another user posted it, I had to watch it like 3 times in a row to desensitize my self, and yet, it still makes me sad.

#35 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -

@wewantsthering said:

Any well-developed characters put through relatable issues like death, remorse, loss, depression, abuse, etc. The key is that they have to be good, flawed characters for me to care enough. Winter's Bone, Pan's Labyrinth, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, The Bicycle Thief, Breaking Bad, The 400 Blows, Radio Flyer, and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are just a few examples of these.

No Godfather reference? Michael Corleone is the epitome of everything you just described. But, nice list none the less.

#36 Posted by Nightriff (5093 posts) -

@dr_nefarious said:

@Nightriff said:

Absolutely not. Many times during the movie I had to try my hardest to hold back the water works; especially at the beginning of the movie when it shows the home movies of Andy and his toys over the years. It was like watching my childhood flash before my eyes. Such a fantastic film.

I took two of my nieces to the movie and had to hide my tears at the end from them

#37 Posted by wewantsthering (1568 posts) -

@dr_nefarious said:

@wewantsthering said:

No Godfather reference? Michael Corleone is the epitome of everything you just described. But, nice list none the less.

I love the Godfather, but I feel a little more distanced from the characters in a crime drama like that. It's more interesting to look at the characters because they're interested, not because they're relatable. Even though Breaking Bad is a crime drama of sorts, there are plenty of the elements of his life that are very relatable.

#38 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (716 posts) -

the thing that tugs at my heart the most is listening to WWII veterans tell their experiences on the front lines of the war. my grandparents' neighbor was apart of the storming of one of the beaches in france. he landed on omaha beach and was the only survivor in his entire company. it's a tearjerker just thinking about it.

#39 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

This video made me cry when another user posted it, I had to watch it like 3 times in a row to desensitize my self, and yet, it still makes me sad.

Wow..That was beyond beautiful. That really is the greatest speech ever made. <3 Chaplin

#40 Posted by Nightriff (5093 posts) -

To add in some other things that tear me up:

• The end of Journey, really tears of joy because that game is amazing and beautifully done.
  • Several times during the film Rudy, especially at the end when the stadium is chanting his name. I don't care if its fake.
  • I used to tear up at the end of Braveheart and during the accident scene from Crash when he has to save the girl, I don't anymore when I watch them.

Don't judge me but at least I'm being honest like some people in here

#41 Edited by Harkat (1102 posts) -

Nothing these days sadly.

#42 Edited by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -

@wewantsthering said:

@dr_nefarious said:

@wewantsthering said:

I love the Godfather, but I feel a little more distanced from the characters in a crime drama like that. It's more interesting to look at the characters because they're interested, not because they're relatable. Even though Breaking Bad is a crime drama of sorts, there are plenty of the elements of his life that are very relatable.

I love the character of Michael Corleone. I think his story is the most interesting. A World War II veteran who served his country, wants nothing to do with the "family business", and yet, when his father is shot, all of that changes. The transformation of the character from the beginning of the story as an innocent veteran to the end as a cold, ruthless mob boss is amazing. If I could ever write an epic novel, it would be influenced by the Godfather. Of course only Al Pacino could bring life into the character of Michael Corleone and make it seem believable.

Edit: I love Breaking Bad! Especially because the character, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) is thrown into an extremely dangerous environment and situations against his will, like Michael Corleone.

#43 Posted by Levius (1140 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

@dr_nefarious said:

@Nightriff said:

I took two of my nieces to the movie and had to hide my tears at the end from them

Yeah, I watched Toy Story 3 with my parents literally a week before I left home for university, I had to hold it together at the end. The end of Mary and Max reduced me to tears though.

#44 Edited by hakunin (393 posts) -

@Icemael: Have you played NIER?

#45 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

I don't have a heart

#46 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

Sad ponies make me sad.

#47 Posted by mikethekilla (328 posts) -

Giant Bomb

#48 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

Animal Tragedy. 

That sounds like the name of a band.

#49 Edited by betterboulder (190 posts) -

@Icemael said:

This. Not only am I a male with no children to speak of, but I don't even have a sister. Yet, every movie, show, and game with a father-daughter element (specifically with tragic results) always gets me. The most recent example being Asura's Wrath

I also can't deal with big, final goodbyes like in Toy Story 3 as already mentioned.

#50 Edited by CatsAkimbo (628 posts) -

@dr_nefarious said:

I always have to switch the channel whenever I see an animal abuse commercial. I honestly can't think of anything else that has disturbed me more than one of those depressing ads. I wish I could adopt all of those neglected pets. :(

@DonutFever said:

Animal Tragedy. That sounds like the name of a band.

Completely agree about anything to do with hurting animals.

Peter Molyneux was talking about Fable 2 before it came out, and said something like “you’ll create an emotional connection with this dog” and then later “this game will make you cry.” I remember saying that I’d be pissed if that just meant they’d kill the dog at the end.

Turns out that’s exactly what happened, and I’m still kind of fucking upset at Molyneux for using such a cheap tactic to create emotion. Of course I’m going to cry at the dog dying. It’s a fucking dog dying. That doesn’t mean you made something emotionally engaging, that means you just fucking manipulated my emotions to make me sad. Errrg, obviously, I’m still upset about this after all these years.