What tugs at your heart strings the most?

• 99 results
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dr_nefarious

I always have to switch the channel whenever I see an animal abuse commercial. I honestly can't think of anything else that has disturbed me more than one of those depressing ads. I wish I could adopt all of those neglected pets. :(

So, what about you guys? What makes you weep like a baby?

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By NMC2008

My boner.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CaLe

When my parents die. Gets me every time.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

Is it bad that I got tears in my eyes during the end of Toy Story 3? Am I the only one?

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NMC2008

I need to watch Toy Story 3 and see what all this sadness is about. No you're not the only one I am sure.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nightriff

@NMC2008: Not that it is sad, it's just touchingly sweet how they closed out the trilogy....maybe. You never know with Disney.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

When i masturbate and my mother catches me but then I realise she has been watching me through the crack in the door for ten minutes.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Icemael

Father-daughter relationships.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad music in movies, hell not only sad music, sometimes triumphant music too. I got all teary at the end of Flags of our Fathers for some reason...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By penguindust

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

When i masturbate and my mother catches me but then I realize she has been watching me through the crack in the door for ten minutes.

She was just looking for her panties...oops, there they are!

Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SexualBubblegumX

@Icemael said:

Are you thinking of messed up erotic fiction kind? Because if so we should totally hang out and smoke weed.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By pyromagnestir

this thread really went off the rails quite fast.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Hizang

I'm watching Heroes for the first time, some of the episodes have tugged.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SexyToad

Falling in lava on minecraft.. I had full diamond armor!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

Isn't it obvious? The little heart elves that live inside my body.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tunaburn

retards

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jaktajj

When you see someone sitting alone in a busy restaurant eating by themselves and it's as if they look like the loneliest person in the world.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheHumanDove

When you go for the last beer in the fridge, but it's not there because you already drank it prior.

Dexter_Morgan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dexter_Morgan_

@Hizang said:

I'm watching Heroes for the first time, some of the episodes have tugged.

Don't go passed Season 1. You will regret it.

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By superpow

@Nightriff said:

Is it bad that I got tears in my eyes during the end of Toy Story 3? Am I the only one?

You are not alone. Watching the end of Toy Story 3 kinda reminded me how my childhood was over too.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I don't cry, but the thing that horrifies and depresses me the most is men abusing other men. I watched a BBC special about the neo Nazis and racists within the Polish and Ukrainian football supporters, they beat up the black and asian supporters, and chant anti-jewish slogans. 

It especially turns my stomach when it's a soldier abusing his position to massacre, rape or abuse the weak civilian men and women without anyone seeing. I honestly loathe the US army after seeing all the shit that has been leaked or shared of what they do over there. Even though I consider American people pretty cool.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By TheHT

@pyromagnestir said:

this thread really went off the rails quite fast.

haha, and by fast i assume you mean immediately.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PeasantAbuse

puppets are dumb

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Jeust
@AhmadMetallic said:
I don't cry, but the thing that horrifies and depresses me the most is men abusing other men. I watched a BBC special about the neo Nazis and racists within the Polish and Ukrainian football supporters, they beat up the black and asian supporters, and chant anti-jewish slogans.  It especially turns my stomach when it's a soldier abusing his position to massacre, rape or abuse the weak civilian men and women without anyone seeing. I honestly loathe the US army after seeing all the shit that has been leaked or shared of what they do over there. Even though I consider American people pretty cool.
This. Seeing abuse gets me everytime. I hate abuse.
Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Portis

Daughters and/or Sons taking their elderly Mom, Dad or Grandparents out to do fun stuff.

LilSnoozieVert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LilSnoozieVert

@Nightriff: I cried too.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By InternetCrab

@Video_Game_King said:

Isn't it obvious? The little heart elves that live inside my body.

Many things live inside your body.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dr_nefarious

@Nightriff said:

Absolutely not. Many times during the movie I had to try my hardest to hold back the water works; especially at the beginning of the movie when it shows the home movies of Andy and his toys over the years. It was like watching my childhood flash before my eyes. Such a fantastic film.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hoossy

@Nightriff said:

How is that bad? It means you have a soul... and yes, I did too.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Paindamnation

Touch is kinda tugging at Heart Strings. But so are alot of Episodes of House M.D.

I also can NEVER watch the episode of Futurama where Fry's dog got solidified in rock. It's just too much to watch that poor dog wait forever for him. I want a dog like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any well-developed characters put through relatable issues like death, remorse, loss, depression, abuse, etc. The key is that they have to be good, flawed characters for me to care enough. Winter's Bone, Pan's Labyrinth, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, The Bicycle Thief, Breaking Bad, The 400 Blows, Radio Flyer, and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are just a few examples of these.

Edit: 95% of the people on this thread are morons.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dr_nefarious

@el_tajij said:

When you see someone sitting alone in a busy restaurant eating by themselves and it's as if they look like the loneliest person in the world.

So true. I feel like putting them on my shoulders and buying them a balloon.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By crazyleaves

I saw Toy Story 3 in the theater, every godamn adult was crying and every kid was grinning. It's called the "Lasseter effect".

As for what tears me up, just about anything really.

@AhmadMetallic of course you don't cry :P

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By Dagbiker

This video made me cry when another user posted it, I had to watch it like 3 times in a row to desensitize my self, and yet, it still makes me sad.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dr_nefarious

@wewantsthering said:

Any well-developed characters put through relatable issues like death, remorse, loss, depression, abuse, etc. The key is that they have to be good, flawed characters for me to care enough. Winter's Bone, Pan's Labyrinth, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, The Bicycle Thief, Breaking Bad, The 400 Blows, Radio Flyer, and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are just a few examples of these.

No Godfather reference? Michael Corleone is the epitome of everything you just described. But, nice list none the less.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nightriff

@dr_nefarious said:

@Nightriff said:

Absolutely not. Many times during the movie I had to try my hardest to hold back the water works; especially at the beginning of the movie when it shows the home movies of Andy and his toys over the years. It was like watching my childhood flash before my eyes. Such a fantastic film.

I took two of my nieces to the movie and had to hide my tears at the end from them

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_nefarious said:

@wewantsthering said:

No Godfather reference? Michael Corleone is the epitome of everything you just described. But, nice list none the less.

I love the Godfather, but I feel a little more distanced from the characters in a crime drama like that. It's more interesting to look at the characters because they're interested, not because they're relatable. Even though Breaking Bad is a crime drama of sorts, there are plenty of the elements of his life that are very relatable.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the thing that tugs at my heart the most is listening to WWII veterans tell their experiences on the front lines of the war. my grandparents' neighbor was apart of the storming of one of the beaches in france. he landed on omaha beach and was the only survivor in his entire company. it's a tearjerker just thinking about it.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dr_nefarious

@Dagbiker said:

This video made me cry when another user posted it, I had to watch it like 3 times in a row to desensitize my self, and yet, it still makes me sad.

Wow..That was beyond beautiful. That really is the greatest speech ever made. <3 Chaplin

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nightriff

To add in some other things that tear me up:

• The end of Journey, really tears of joy because that game is amazing and beautifully done.
  • Several times during the film Rudy, especially at the end when the stadium is chanting his name. I don't care if its fake.
  • I used to tear up at the end of Braveheart and during the accident scene from Crash when he has to save the girl, I don't anymore when I watch them.

Don't judge me but at least I'm being honest like some people in here

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Harkat

Nothing these days sadly.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dr_nefarious

@wewantsthering said:

@dr_nefarious said:

@wewantsthering said:

I love the Godfather, but I feel a little more distanced from the characters in a crime drama like that. It's more interesting to look at the characters because they're interested, not because they're relatable. Even though Breaking Bad is a crime drama of sorts, there are plenty of the elements of his life that are very relatable.

I love the character of Michael Corleone. I think his story is the most interesting. A World War II veteran who served his country, wants nothing to do with the "family business", and yet, when his father is shot, all of that changes. The transformation of the character from the beginning of the story as an innocent veteran to the end as a cold, ruthless mob boss is amazing. If I could ever write an epic novel, it would be influenced by the Godfather. Of course only Al Pacino could bring life into the character of Michael Corleone and make it seem believable.

Edit: I love Breaking Bad! Especially because the character, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) is thrown into an extremely dangerous environment and situations against his will, like Michael Corleone.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Levius

@Nightriff said:

@dr_nefarious said:

@Nightriff said:

I took two of my nieces to the movie and had to hide my tears at the end from them

Yeah, I watched Toy Story 3 with my parents literally a week before I left home for university, I had to hold it together at the end. The end of Mary and Max reduced me to tears though.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By hakunin

@Icemael: Have you played NIER?

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dillonwerner

I don't have a heart

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By psylah

Sad ponies make me sad.

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mikethekilla

Giant Bomb

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#48  Edited By donutfever

Animal Tragedy. 

That sounds like the name of a band.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By betterboulder

@Icemael said:

This. Not only am I a male with no children to speak of, but I don't even have a sister. Yet, every movie, show, and game with a father-daughter element (specifically with tragic results) always gets me. The most recent example being Asura's Wrath

I also can't deal with big, final goodbyes like in Toy Story 3 as already mentioned.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@dr_nefarious said:

I always have to switch the channel whenever I see an animal abuse commercial. I honestly can't think of anything else that has disturbed me more than one of those depressing ads. I wish I could adopt all of those neglected pets. :(

@DonutFever said:

Animal Tragedy. That sounds like the name of a band.

Completely agree about anything to do with hurting animals.

Peter Molyneux was talking about Fable 2 before it came out, and said something like “you’ll create an emotional connection with this dog” and then later “this game will make you cry.” I remember saying that I’d be pissed if that just meant they’d kill the dog at the end.

Turns out that’s exactly what happened, and I’m still kind of fucking upset at Molyneux for using such a cheap tactic to create emotion. Of course I’m going to cry at the dog dying. It’s a fucking dog dying. That doesn’t mean you made something emotionally engaging, that means you just fucking manipulated my emotions to make me sad. Errrg, obviously, I’m still upset about this after all these years.