what u do about weed smoke bro

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@turambar said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@turambar said:

I never understood the "guys, you mustn't ever tell" cultural bullshit.

It's more about facing your problem head on than about never telling. Talk to the source like an adult rather than tattling to someone that could severely and negatively impact someone elses life.

Except this notion is not aimed towards having adults resolve their issues between each other. It is fostered at a very young age as a means to coerce victims from reporting bullies in school yards, because any one that does is a coward. It's bred in people who are in fact not adults, and can't be expected to resolve issues like adults on their own.

Won't somebody think of the children! It's taught to children so that they know how to handle their own shit when it continues for the rest of our lives. It's good that kids get knocked around a little bit because so do adults! Not too much. Obviously we don't want kids to get hurt but it's part of life and you're going to make it a lot further if you can deal with bullshit on your own.

So you think hatking should go to the landlord or the cops? That sounds selfish to me. It's a smell. Talk to the person smoking because it isn't a huge thing. Tell them to stop being dumb (in so many words) and do something to cover the smell because they're going to get themselves in trouble by someone less lenient. If you can smell it in your room I guarantee you can smell it more at their door. If they're assholes and tell you to shove off then yeah, go talk to someone.

You don't seem to get that getting caught with drugs is a very serious offense. Don't fuck someone over for life just because of a smell. You'll feel better for handling it on your own and they'll be better off because they'll learn that they need to be better at keeping their shit on the down low.

PS: don't smoke weed. It makes you aloof and lazy.

Avatar image for physicalscience
physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@turambar said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@turambar said:

I never understood the "guys, you mustn't ever tell" cultural bullshit.

It's more about facing your problem head on than about never telling. Talk to the source like an adult rather than tattling to someone that could severely and negatively impact someone elses life.

Except this notion is not aimed towards having adults resolve their issues between each other. It is fostered at a very young age as a means to coerce victims from reporting bullies in school yards, because any one that does is a coward. It's bred in people who are in fact not adults, and can't be expected to resolve issues like adults on their own.

Yea I never really understood this notion of not telling on people. Remember that we all pay a butt load of taxes to pay for cops and when situations arise it's a lot easier to let a public servant with the authority to handle the situation take care of it. Nobody likes the old lady staring out her window all day calling the cops on everyone in the neighborhood for little things, but also if someone is doing something wrong or doing something that is hindering your life you are not the asshole for reporting it, they are being the dick for not thinking about how their actions affect other people. Same thing with the post i posted previously about my upstairs neighbor, it's like holy fuck I don't care that you want to smoke weed all day just go out to your car or at least open a few windows, when it starts bothering me day in and day out I have the right to have the people who I help pay their salaries come and take care of it.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Call the cops immediately, they should've known better

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can't believe this thread. As someone who smokes weed regularly I am genuinely offended that the majority of you guys would just throw my ass in jail instead of confronting me about maybe doing something about the smell. I genuinely don't understand why it's illegal while alcohol is legal, I don't even touch alcohol because it's uncomfortable for me to feel like I'm not in control of my own mental state and motor skills. Maybe I come from a rougher town than y'all but I see people lighting blunts up walking on the street regularly

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By colourful_hippie

As someone who considers himself to be a cannabis enthusiast I think you're being way too nice here. There's no excuse for being an inconsiderate asshole who hotboxes (has to be smoking a whole lot for the smell to be spreading around that much) their room without thinking once about others in the building who probably don't want any part of that.

Your first step should be to find out who's doing it and confront them, if you can't find them or they're an asshole then report their ass. Who cares if the guy gets caught? Fuck that guy, he should learn the hard way on what happens to stupid stoners.

Oh and in regards to the thread title, RIP smokedawg420. I miss you weedbro

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#56 FinalDasa  Moderator

@secondpersonshooter: To be fair, if I had someone in my building who was drinking all the time to where it affected me inside my apartment I would probably alert the apartment complex. I don't mind the habits of others no matter what they may be, but my livelihood and well being shouldn't be punished because of someone else's habit.

Also if you have an illegal habit, no matter your opinion of the law making it illegal, it's probably a good idea to keep that habit at least somewhat hidden. Just in case someone doesn't ask a message board for help but instead just straight up narcs on you.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By audiosnow

@dudeglove said:

@mlarrabee said:

I'm a Libertarian:

You must be fun at parties.

The life of.

EDIT: Because I'm part of the reason marijuana is legal here in Washington State.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd leave a friendly note in each mailbox politely requesting whoever is smoking to crack a window, for the reasons you just mentioned. Chances are the smokers aren't dicks, they just don't realise that the smell makes it so far into other apartments. Hell, you could even be more specific and just leave notes in the apartments above/below/next to yours. That doesn't work, just get your landlord to do something building-wide, like a notice or something.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had literally the same problem with my upstairs neighbor. I didn't really give a shit until my wife got pregnant and then I knew it was time to do something about it. I figured instead of telling the landlord and getting him evicted I would just call the cops since in NY the only thing they do is give you like a $50 ticket. I pretty much figured that would give him the hint to stop clam baking in his house 24/7 and that I was serious about it. I didn't want to talk to him direct because he was seriously a piece of shit and I knew he wouldn't listen.

Long story short he started harassing us and I got his ass thrown in jail and evicted and now my good buddy lives above me and it is a lot better and doesn't smell like weed.

Sounds like a sitcom that could go for at least 8 seasons.

Avatar image for physicalscience
physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By physicalscience

@physicalscience said:

I had literally the same problem with my upstairs neighbor. I didn't really give a shit until my wife got pregnant and then I knew it was time to do something about it. I figured instead of telling the landlord and getting him evicted I would just call the cops since in NY the only thing they do is give you like a $50 ticket. I pretty much figured that would give him the hint to stop clam baking in his house 24/7 and that I was serious about it. I didn't want to talk to him direct because he was seriously a piece of shit and I knew he wouldn't listen.

Long story short he started harassing us and I got his ass thrown in jail and evicted and now my good buddy lives above me and it is a lot better and doesn't smell like weed.

Sounds like a sitcom that could go for at least 8 seasons.

lol I'm not going to lie, the shenanigans that we get into would be fit for a great shitty CBS show.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@secondpersonshooter: Yeah, I'm uncomfortable with the notion of doing anything that would fuck up this person's life. Assume they're a student, and they get caught, the best case scenario is that they're kicked out of their place. That's pretty shitty. Worst case scenario, they end up in jail or with fines and have to drop out. Smoking pot is just about the most harmless illegal thing somebody can do. I don't want to get this person in trouble. My guess is that they're just nervous about smoking with a window open because it'll get them caught, ironically it's keeping the windows closed that's going to get them caught.

I'll probably write an anonymous note and leave it by the mailboxes. If it persists, then I'll let the landlord know.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@hatking: Like any responsible adult would! I think that's a fantastic strategy. No need to cause any permanent grief for someone over a pervasive smell.