• 172 results
#1 Posted by cannonballBAM (609 posts) -

I just caught a late showing of Moonrise Kingdom, it is my first theater experience with a Wes Andersen film.

What movies have you seen lately?

#2 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

ParaNoman. It was absolutely fantastic. I loved it.

#3 Posted by Little_Socrates (5716 posts) -

The Expendables 2. Not sure if it was worth my time or money, but it was definitely not worth both together. First and last scenes were pretty solid, though.

#4 Posted by cannonballBAM (609 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre: I wanna see that too, Laika is an amazing studio.

#5 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

Expendables 2. I enjoyed it, which is surprising since I hated the first one. This seemed to take itself less seriously.

I don't go out to the movies very often. I need more friends.

#6 Posted by Roger778 (960 posts) -

I saw Expendables 2, which was freaking awesome, and Moonrise Kingdom, which I thought was quirky and pretty humorous, both last weekend.

#7 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Expendables 2. Saw a bunch of movies in theatres this summer.

#8 Posted by Redbullet685 (6086 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises. It was a great movie. Not as great as it's predecessor The Dark Knight, but great nonetheless.

#9 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

I haven't seen anything since I watched The Dark Knight Rises for the second time. I don't go to the cinema much.

#10 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

Dark Knight Rises.

It was alright, didn't beat Avengers for me though.

#11 Posted by cannonballBAM (609 posts) -

@Gamer_152: I plan on seeing it a third time. Awesome choice by the way.

#12 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

The Amazing Spiderman. Though I mostly watch my movies on a certain website for free. Yes I'm a cheap bastard I know and I don't care.

#13 Posted by mosespippy (4465 posts) -

Avatar, and before that National Treasure (the first one). I only went to Avatar because a lady friend hadn't seen it yet and all her other friends had already seen it. She knew I wouldn't have seen it yet since I don't watch movies and guilted me into not letting her see it alone.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

I haven't seen anything since I watched The Dark Knight Rises for the second time. I don't go to the cinema much.

And now it reflects me.

#15 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (529 posts) -

The Campaign. It had a few good moments, I guess.

#16 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

Ted.

#17 Posted by dungbootle (2428 posts) -

Spider-Man! Would go see again.

#18 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

@cannonballBAM said:

@Gamer_152: I plan on seeing it a third time. Awesome choice by the way.

Thanks. I know some folks weren't so impressed by it, but I've really enjoyed every Nolan film I've seen up until now and I loved that one.

@Video_Game_King said:

@Gamer_152 said:

And now it reflects me.

VGK, your laziness is almost artistic.

#19 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Been so long I don't recall. I only go on late showings and on school nights to limit the chance of kids or teens being in the movie as they never shut the fuck up and ruin the movie every time.

#20 Posted by cclemon36 (181 posts) -

The last movie I saw was Ted. Not worth the money I paid.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Gamer_152 said:

And now it reflects me.

VGK, your laziness is almost artistic.

I am not lazy; I am efficient.

#22 Posted by Slurpelve (619 posts) -

Dark Knight Rises or Avatar I don't Remember, Ever since my older brother quit his job at the movie theater I haven't been there since. Plus It haven't been really no movie I wanted to see in theaters, I can wait until it come to DVD or Netflix.

#23 Posted by kindone (2835 posts) -

Prometheus

#24 Posted by GoofyGoober (933 posts) -

Today, me, my girl and some of our family went to go and see The odd life of Timothy Green, what a terrible, terrible, long, boring, dry movie. The premise for the film is great, but that execution is bland as boring as can be.

#25 Posted by cannonballBAM (609 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

Prometheus

Yes, yes and yes.

#26 Posted by Demoskinos (15164 posts) -

The Campaign just last night actually. Its a one time watch but it was pretty good. Its what you would expect from a movie like that.

#27 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

The Campaign just last night actually. Its a one time watch but it was pretty good. Its what you would expect from a movie like that.

I also watched The Campaign last night. I want to steal those pugs.

#28 Posted by meaninoflife42 (554 posts) -

Premium Rush. Michael Shannon loses his mind as he's chasing JGL around New York City for an envelope. It's pretty awesome to watch.

#29 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:
ParaNoman. It was absolutely fantastic. I loved it.
that was the last movie I watched too. It was ok.
#30 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Chronicle.

#31 Edited by 49th (2850 posts) -

Hunger Games probably. I've gotta go see Batman man

oh yeah prometheus

#32 Posted by Demoskinos (15164 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Demoskinos said:

I also watched The Campaign last night. I want to steal those pugs.

GET SOME REAL DOGS YOU COMMUNIST.

#33 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1247 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises.

#34 Posted by Skyfire543 (766 posts) -

The Dark Night Rises. It was awesome as I was watching it, but when I thought about it afterwards...I kinda just wanted to play Arkham City

#35 Posted by Stonyman65 (2873 posts) -

Expendables 2. I enjoyed it in that "turn off my brain for an hour and a half" kind of way.

#36 Posted by Iodine (550 posts) -

Safety Not Guaranteed. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even if some parts got sappy

#37 Posted by Skyrider (382 posts) -

@Stonyman65 said:

Expendables 2. I enjoyed it in that "turn off my brain for an hour and a half" kind of way.

I saw this as well. Needed more Van Damme.

#38 Posted by Rafaelfc (1467 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises, three times...

I love this movie to pieces warts and all

#39 Posted by Zella (830 posts) -

Ted on a whim, I was with friends and we had a good time so I'd say it was worth it.

#40 Posted by MaxxS (206 posts) -

The Muppets.

Wow, I don't think I've been to the theater since I saw The Muppets in January.

#41 Edited by Karkarov (3291 posts) -

Lawless, go to the theater every week since I like movies... go fig. Labouf wasn't bad at all, in fact everyone did fairly well. Brady was the standout again as usual. If anyone likes classic gangster movies or period type stuff I would recommend it, just know that it isn't going to be getting best picture nods or anything. What surprised me the most was that they actually filmed it in a locale that is in fact very similar to the actual location of the movie.

Saw Expendables 2 as well the week before. Other than Jet Li having next to no part in it the movie was great if you go to it for what it is. A retarded, dumb, stupidly over the top, action flick that spends more time making fun of itself and it's genre than it does trying to do anything else. So as long as you are in for a dumb but fun movie it is definitely a winner, the scene where they "miss one guy" and Chuck Norris's intro are particular standouts for me.

#42 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1478 posts) -

I saw Dark Knight Rises today, I quite enjoyed it. Before that was Ted. Probably one of the worst films I've seen.

#43 Posted by NTM (7546 posts) -

The Dark Night Rises. No, I didn't misspell it, I mean it's night time.

#44 Edited by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

the expendables 2. i liked it

#45 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Moonrise Kingdom. Great movie. Not as good as Rushmore, but definitely one of Anderson's best.

#46 Posted by Sparklykiss (1983 posts) -

The Cabin in the Woods and that was in a dollar theater.

#47 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Batman...but there is a film festival coming up and I'm going to be forced to see something at some point, so I'll probably be off to a proper film soon.

#48 Posted by Rohok (554 posts) -

Lawless

#49 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Gamer_152 said:

And now it reflects me.

me.

#50 Posted by myketuna (1758 posts) -

The Expendables 2. Thought it was great for what it was. Although, that sounds bad, you do need to have an appreciation for these guys' past work to get the charm of the movie.