• 120 results
#1 Posted by Jaeya (10 posts) -

The title says it all, really. For bonus points, would you recommend it to anyone else?

The last TV show I watched was "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". I would definitely recommend it to others, as I consider it to be one of the funniest TV shows I have ever had the privilege of watching. Admittedly, the humour can be a little outrageous from time to time (the gang tend to come up with ideas which can provoke a cringe-y reaction), but that's actually part of the show's charm. For me, at least.

What about you?

#2 Posted by mosespippy (4103 posts) -

Are we talking the last show that I watched a full season of because I wanted to or the last thing that was on the television when I turned it on? Because if it's the latter than it was a french dub of The Simpsons. If it's the former then it's The Inbetweeners. It was alright but probably the worst thing I've seen from E4 (which is not a lot given that I'm in Canada). The entire three series run is only 7.5 hours and is on youtube so it's easy to watch in a weekend.

#3 Posted by siaynoq (86 posts) -

I just rewatched The Wire recently. The first time I finished the series, I felt like there wasn't enough closure. My second time around watching it though, I totally got it. I realize now it could not have ended more perfectly. I don't even think there needs to be another season of it.

#4 Posted by Jrinswand (1701 posts) -

I watched The Soup earlier today. What do you hope to gain from this thread, OP?

#5 Posted by falserelic (5394 posts) -

I got through finish watching the 2nd season of Teen Wolf.

#6 Posted by mrfizzy (1527 posts) -

Last thing I watched was 24 (season 1). I never watched it when it was on TV so I am experiencing the power of Bauer for the first time. Its not bad.

#7 Posted by Brodehouse (9776 posts) -

Jeopardy.

#8 Posted by yoshisaur (2700 posts) -

If you mean directly watching it on a television (cable) = Walking Dead Season 2

If you mean watching a TV show on Hulu/Netflix = Mythbusters

If you mean watching a TV show from my collection (DVD) = Pokemon Johto League

#9 Posted by Jrinswand (1701 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Jeopardy.

Easily the best TV show ever made.

#10 Posted by TooWalrus (13153 posts) -

Masterchef. I'll be watching Breaking Bad tonight, though.

#11 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Tron: Uprising, which I wouldn't be watching if I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

#12 Posted by blindisaac (141 posts) -

Im watching the Simpsons right now. No matter what you say about current Simpsons when comparing it to classic Simpsons it is still one of the best shows on TV. I am also currently rewatching all of modern Doctor Who and plan to watch Game of Thrones when my roommate gets the episodes.

#13 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Naked News.

#14 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

I been watching a lot of 24. Love the heck of Jack Bauer, that guy insanely great

#15 Edited by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Castle.

EDIT: It was recommended to me by someone and yeah, I like it. I'd recommend it to others.

A crime drama with touches of comedy, and it just has a lot of personality. It's something quite a few crime/mystery drama's lack and hopefully (I'm not too far into it yet) it will keep it from becoming formulaic, which is something that plagues a lot of shows in that genre.

#16 Posted by BadSniper52 (607 posts) -

Futurama

#17 Posted by Phatmac (5724 posts) -

Futurama.

#18 Posted by Zor (654 posts) -

The last show i saw was... Falling Skies. Its a decent sci-fi show, even though it is rather cheesy (plot, effects, and characters) at times.

#19 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

@Brodehouse said:

Jeopardy.

Easily the best TV show ever made.

best game show, at least (this is my answer as well)

#20 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Hell on Wheels on Netflix.

#21 Posted by 49th (2722 posts) -

"I am Spazticus" It was the first episode where disabled people play sort of pranks in public. Some people would probably find it quite offensive.

#22 Edited by Redsox44 (482 posts) -

Game of Thrones. Rewatching it with my dad. Show I'm actively watching is Breaking Bad of course, which interestingly enough my mom has also watched entirely.

I would definitely recommend both as they are fantastic shows. Plus I love the A Song of Ice and Fire books so the TV show is a huge bonus.

#23 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Been watching nothing but Adventure Time for the last 2 weeks. I've been loving every single minute of it.

#24 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Transformers Prime.

It is the best Transformers ever made that isn't a comic, seriously high quality show.

#25 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I have seen way too much of it this summer. I'm already up to season 7. I think season 2 was my favorite, followed by 4, 3, 5, 6, and last 1. 7 tbd. God damn Netflix instant makes watching the next episode too damn easy.

I would certainly recommend it. Hell the musical episode alone makes the entire series worthwhile.

#26 Posted by SpydrMrphy (88 posts) -

Louie and seriously if your not watching it, why the fuck aren't you watching it. People should see it not only for Louis CK being an amazing comedian, but the show is better than most things on network television.

#27 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

Supernatural. I'm on episode 12 of season 1. It's entertaining, but not quite pulling me in. Not ready to give it up quite yet, but my interest is waning.

#28 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5813 posts) -

Arrested Development.  

I know I'm late to the party but it's one of the funniest shows ever made.

#29 Posted by Arkasai (701 posts) -

I watched every season of Deep Space Nine over the past few weeks, into season 3 of Voyager. My experience has been gradually degrading with each series after Next Generation though.

#30 Posted by yinstarrunner (1185 posts) -
@pyromagnestir said:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I have seen way too much of it this summer. I'm already up to season 7. I think season 2 was my favorite, followed by 4, 3, 5, 6, and last 1. 7 tbd. God damn Netflix instant makes watching the next episode too damn easy.

I would certainly recommend it. Hell the musical episode alone makes the entire series worthwhile.

Me too, and I freaking love it.  Luckily a new guy who started working with me has some great taste in TV and Movies and he's been recommending me some awesome stuff, including this.
#31 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -
@Jaeya said:

The title says it all, really. For bonus points, would you recommend it to anyone else?

The last TV show I watched was "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". I would definitely recommend it to others, as I consider it to be one of the funniest TV shows I have ever had the privilege of watching. Admittedly, the humour can be a little outrageous from time to time (the gang tend to come up with ideas which can provoke a cringe-y reaction), but that's actually part of the show's charm. For me, at least.

"I'll eat your babies, bitch!" Some of the things they say and do in that show are unbelievable and I'm pretty sure a lot of people get offended by it, but I also think that it's mostly hilarious.

The last show I watched was Nikita which is actually surprisingly good, imho.
#32 Posted by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: Bah. 3, 5, 2/6, 2/6, 7, 4, 1. Adam/the initiative was the worst big bad, and fuck Riley. Good lord was he boring and pointless. Also, the mayor was amazing. Also, yeah, the musical might be the best episode..but The Body and the Season 5 finale...man..powerful stuff. I watched it toward the beginning of the summer(and man did I binge) and I loved it. Quickly became one of my favorite shows and Willow and Spike are two of my favorite characters from anything ever. I'm surprised too, considering how hesitant I was going in and weak the first season(and arguably the first half of season 2) is. Though, I trusted Joss Whedon.

Seeing as how you like Buffy, maybe give Angel a shot if you're looking to watch something else afterward. It's darker tonally(think Persona 3 vs. Persona 4), but good. A decent amount of people seem to think Angel is the better show, and I guess I can see how, but I like Buffy a lot more. Regardless of your feelings on the series though, it might be worth watching the rest just for season 5. Season 5 is incredible and stands with the best of Buffy for me. And I think the series finale is phenomenal, one of the finest hours of television there is. Anyway, I like talking about those shows way too much so I'll just stop and answer the thread.

For me, it was the last episode of Breaking Bad. I'm kind of in a TV show rut at the moment, nothing to watch. Considering giving Legend of Korra a try, but I don't feel like digging around the shady part of the internet for the first six episodes.

#33 Posted by ThePickle (4160 posts) -

I watch at least one episode of Arrested Development just about every day.

#34 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -

Watched an episode of Friends after dinner, guess that'll cover it.

#35 Posted by Time_Lord (714 posts) -

Doctor Who refreshing my self for Season 7 can not wait. If you have not watched it you will thank me later or hate me either is fine.:)

#36 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

Breaking Bad - THe Heist

#37 Edited by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

Just finished Firefly on Netflix. Short lived, by very much worth watching.

Sad the show didn't get the recognition it deserved. Only fourteen episodes. :(

There is a decent follow-up movie though.

#38 Posted by DivineShadow777 (106 posts) -

Last thing I saw before I quit TV was an episode of Gurren Laggan on the Sci-Fi Channel. Which is awesome however I dont know if this counts but I also saw the Ed, Edd & Eddy Movie and Cartoon Network Randomly a month ago.

#39 Posted by stryker1121 (1394 posts) -

I'm catching up with HBO's Boardwalk Empire at the moment. It's quite good..Nucky's an interesting and complex character and the supporting cast is mostly down-the-line excellent. The story gets a little muddled sometimes in terms of character motivations, but it's still very good.

Also will be watching tonight's ep of Breaking Bad on DVR once I get thru w/ some work here. Best show on TV.

#40 Edited by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

I'd say that was probably the Game of Thrones Season 2 finale. And yes, I highly recommend it.

#41 Edited by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

How I Met Your Mother on Netflix.

Edit: I would definitely recommend it. The first couple of episodes are hit and miss with the comedy, but it quickly becomes hilarious.

#42 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Weeds

#43 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

@YI_Orange: Way ahead of ya on the Angel thing. I like it as well. I dropped most of my usual summer shows and Buffy/Angel have picked up the slack.

And fuck it I'll take this opportunity to share my thoughts on Buffy, but I'll spoiler block my thoughts just in case. Also because it's a bit long.

I agree about Adam being a boring bad who's goal wasn't made clear until to late, so he was far and away the worst big bad of all. But up until his arrival I thought 4 was a ton of fun and the adjusting to college theme really struck home for me. Riley didn't bug me so much, although I found him less interesting after the reveal of him being a soldier in the Initiative. I would've liked him more had he just been a regular guy all along, I think. Willow/Tara was fantastic, though. As was Spike/Harmony. Spike and Willow are probably my favorite characters as well and season 4 used them well.

The Mayor was great, but I felt how they handled Faith was a little to much of a retread of what happened with Angel in season 2 only far less interesting, because Faith was a tad underdeveloped at the point where she turned. I loved Angel's turn as big bad of season 2, but the Buffy/Angel doomed romance quickly grew tiresome for me in season 3. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if I weren't marathoning 3 or 4 or more episodes a night far more often than I'd care to admit. I wish he'd been gone longer at the start of the season. But I think it only takes 4 episodes or so before it's back to Buffy and Angel moping about how that can't be together, and then making out a lot, and then moping that they shouldn't have done that, and so on. Maybe I underrate the whole season because that annoyed me so much.

The finale for 3 was underwhelming as well. compared to 2, 5 and 6 which all have great finales, and 4's at least made up for a boring foe with Scooby combo Buffy.

Season 6 had a weird dichotomy where the Trio started off as pathetic but fun, while the scoobies were mostly all super depressed, so I enjoyed watching villain focused episodes more than the typical episodes. But then it all went really depressing after Warren killed his ex. Tara's death and Willow's turn made the last 3 or 4 episodes of it fucking great though. Although I liked Tara a lot and was sad to see her go.

Oddly little about Season 5 stands out much in my mind, beyond Joyce's death (which unfortunately I'd spoiled for myself) and Dawn's presence (but she spent much of the season being somewhat annoying, and also I kept expecting someone would suggest her presence is somehow what caused her mom's tumor in the first place, which no one ever did right?) and Glory, who was pretty awesome. Oh, right Riley left as well. On the one hand he'd long outlived his usefulness, but on the other his vampire junkie ways had made him more interesting than he'd probably ever been before. I can't remember a whole lot of specific episodes though, like I can for the other seasons. Or maybe they all just blend together because at this point I was binging Buffy. I went through season 5 in a week.

And of course, 1 was just not very good. 7 was off to a decent start but the Potential Slayers just arrived, and they aren't helping.

Also Giles is totally dead right? He's only back as a ghost of some sorts? That's just a guess, but no one's touched him, he hasn't held a weapon, or handled any objects. I'm thinking his head got chopped off back in England and now I'm just trying to figure out if he's the First evil playing a trick, or maybe some counter to the first evil (the first good, or what have you) using the same trick but for a different goal, or perhaps he's Giles the White, a la Gandalf, brought back to fulfill some purpose. Honestly I'm hoping that he's not dead and is in fact plain old Giles, but... I don't want the answer to that, as I've mostly avoided spoilers so far (aside from the one I mentioned the only things I knew going in was that Spike would try and rape Buffy at some point, and Willow would eventually become a lesbian and the only episode of Buffy I'd ever seen was the one where Oz leaves after sleeping with the werewolf chick.)

All in all, this has me thinking I'm overrating season 4 and underrating season 5. So maybe 2 5 3 4 6 1.

But hey now I just watched Breaking Bad. And fuck yeah I'd recommend that!

#44 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Dexter.

#45 Posted by Mastercheesey (219 posts) -

Breaking Bad!!!!!!!!!

#46 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

I just saw the last episode of the Newsroom.

#47 Posted by joseffthered (76 posts) -

Peep Show. If you've never watched it, then you do yourself a great disservice. It may be the greatest sitcom I have ever witnessed. Arrested Development and Always Sunny are both great, but this show... you just have to watch it.

#48 Posted by noahh23 (5 posts) -

Sherlock!!!!

#49 Posted by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

GIRLS..........................

Shutup.

#50 Posted by NegativeCero (2988 posts) -

Tonight's Breaking Bad. Also, I'm finally finishing Lost on Amazon Instant Streaming.