Mine Is Gravity

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Thor 2 ??

To be honest have no idea and nothing really stands out in my memory.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

The only movies I saw were Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. I think I have to give the edge to Thor 2.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

Been flipping a coin for months between The Past and Gravity.

LastNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By LastNinja

Dredd

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know man, didn't watch a lot of movies from 2013. Perhaps Before Midnight? That's pretty good.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Thor 2. I actually liked Gravity as well but I had a really bad theater experience with these two teenage girls constantly talking along with a guy who kept answering his phone and describing the movie to whoever called him. Also is texting during a movie ok? because I can't go to a movie without 4 or 5 people texting or going on the internet on their phone. I find the lights are kind of distracting, but maybe just need to learn how to ignore them.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Tarsier
Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Easy The World's End probably followed by Star Trek Into Darkness. Sadly the two Marvel outings this year have been quite underwhelming after the high of The Avengers.

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Dauragon

A tie between Spring Breakers and Pacific Rim.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but I had a really bad theater experience with these two teenage girls constantly talking along with a guy who kept answering his phone and describing the movie to whoever called him. Also is texting during a movie ok? because I can't go to a movie without 4 or 5 people texting or going on the internet on their phone. I find the lights are kind of distracting, but maybe just need to learn how to ignore them.

this is all heinous. i go to the cinema on monday or tuesday mornings, when it's only ocd nerds like me who don't even eat in there, i cannot handle the behaviour in evening shows at all, so inconsiderate.

i go to the cinema a lot, i enjoy a lot of what i watch but it's rare there's even one film a year that i really like - last examples are Blue Valentine, Hunger, and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

this year what i enjoyed most was Emma Thompson's performance as P.L. Travers in Saving Mr. Banks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Pacific Rim, Elysium, Dredd, Europa Report, . . . um

There's a ton of stuff I probably forgot about and stuff I haven't seen yet since I really don't go to the theaters anymore.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By tourgen

Guys, Dredd was late 2012. Great movie though.

Pacific Rim was a fun spectacle. I didn't see many other movies.

postnothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been going to the cinema that much lately; I usually watch movies at home and the only half-decent movie I've seen this year is The Past.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I had a great time at Pacific Rim and saw it at IMAX 3 times...Thor 2 was really fun too. This conversation will probably be different, on my end, after I see The Wolf of Wallstreet next week.

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oblivion.

Tom Cruise is pretty wooden, but the rest is fantastic.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Pacific Rim followed by Gravity.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hmmm, probably either Riddick or Fast & Furious 6. Whatever, I fuckin love Vin Diesel. He makes great, dumb action movies that are right up my alley.

I wanted to like Star Trek Into Darkness more than I did. I'm not even really a s Star Trek fan, but I cannot stress how much I loved the 2009 movie. Into Darkness wasn't terrible, but I don't feel like it was even close to being on the same level as it's predecessor.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By BaneFireLord

Waiting on Wolf of Wall Street before I make a final decision. At the moment, I'll probably go with The World's End.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Upstream Color, Fast Six or Pacific Rim. I was a little let down by Gravity although I did enjoy it.

Gonna probably see The Hobbit and American Hustle over Christmas, so I'm hoping those are good.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Gravity was my favorite film of the year and in a long while too.

@zolroyce said:

@dasacant2 said:

. Also is texting during a movie ok? because I can't go to a movie without 4 or 5 people texting or going on the internet on their phone. I find the lights are kind of distracting, but maybe just need to learn how to ignore them.

No way in hell is texting okay in a theater unless you can find a way to do it that makes it completely non noticeable to those around you, if I feel like during a movie I have to have the option for someone to be able to contact me, I sit in the very back row so the only person the light is effecting is me and me alone. You are in a dark room with lights flashing in your face, tell people to cut that crap if it's annoying you! Maybe it's all dependent on where you live/the type of people with you but I've had a few people doing that at the theater I go to and when I asked them to stop they did, all but one guy. It's never on us to ignore them it's on them to not be asshats to us.

I hate those kind of distracting bastards. Idiots have no etiquette. Why did they come for a movie if all they wanted to do was use their cell phone throughout? I went for Hobbit a few days ago and was almost about to shout out loudly in the theater for everyone to shut up and watch the film (people were also continuously talking and laughing loudly)

I changed my seats instead; went and sat up front.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:

No way in hell is texting okay in a theater unless you can find a way to do it that makes it completely non noticeable to those around you, if I feel like during a movie I have to have the option for someone to be able to contact me, I sit in the very back row so the only person the light is effecting is me and me alone. You are in a dark room with lights flashing in your face, tell people to cut that crap if it's annoying you! Maybe it's all dependent on where you live/the type of people with you but I've had a few people doing that at the theater I go to and when I asked them to stop they did, all but one guy. It's never on us to ignore them it's on them to not be asshats to us.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, it seemed like only me and my dad seem to care about these things in the theater we go to. Maybe most of the people going to my theater are just rude, because no one listens when you ask them to stop. I actually think it is kind of weird that people pay money to go to the movies but spend all their time on their phone.

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bobstar

Surprised over how few have mentioned The Hobbit 2. Definitely my favorite movie of 2013.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By MocBucket62

Its probably between Pacific Rim, Iron Man 3 or 42 for me. Though I really need to see movies like The Wolf on Wall Street and Saving Mr. Banks to see if any of those films change my mind.

Edit: I also should of seen The World's End when I had the chance.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really disappointed by the films this year until I saw 12 Years a Slave. It was incredible.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Pacific Rim, The World's End, and Fast 6. Gravity was excellent as well. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did because the trailers were really silly, but it was a beautiful yet simple film.

I saw Out of the Furnace the other week, too. Really enjoyed that.

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Bernie - This film came out this year in the UK. It's brilliant.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man 3!

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I saw a lot of movies this year.. (mutters under breath) Fast 6 is my favorite...

lennyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last of Us.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing really comes to mind, unfortunately. Plenty that I liked, but nothing really sticks out.

I was shocked by how good Curse of Chucky was, though, so... that?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've only watched like 2 2013 films, and Only God Forgives was trash, so my favourite film of 2013 was New World, a Korean undercover cop gangsters n shit film with the greatest elevator fight scene I've seen.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Elysium. I thought District 9 was pretty good, but not the holy grail as it was made out to be. But Elysium just stuck with me. I enjoyed just about everything in it, from the characters to the world to the art design. And the action just hit hard. Surprised by the meh response it ended up getting.

Man, I just realized I saw a stupid amount of movies this year.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

( I still have to see American Hustle and Wolf of Wall Street)

Otherwise, my favorite has to be either The World's End, Anchorman 2, or Gravity.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the End. Can't wait for American Hustle, Her, and Wolf of Wall Street.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Mine is probably Prisoners. There are a ton movies that came out this year (or are about to come out) that I haven't seen yet, I have a lot to catch up on.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Animasta

I only watched two movies this year but they were both really good: Steins;Gate the movie, and Spring Breakers.

I can't decide and you can't make me

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By sub_o

I enjoyed Gravity, Pacific Rim, and Korean film New World / Sinsegye.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hobbit. It was destined to be my favorite.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prisoners, The Place Beyond The Pines, 12 Years A Slave were all fantastic. Didn't see the hobbit yet though and The Wolf of Wall Street isn't out yet. I think I'm giving it to prisoners though. There was nothing incredible original about it but it had me glued to the screen for the entire time.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I hear Wolf of Walstreet is awesome. Haven't seen it yet though. I've only watched a bunch Summer blockbusters this year, of which none actually makes the cut - because I forced myself to go and watch The Hobbit: Smaug's Desolance a few weeks past - and yep, that's been my favorite movie going experience of the year. Follow by Pacific Rim maybe? Who knows.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Of the movies I've seen so far my favorite's probably The World's end.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Upstream Color by a country mile for me. One of the most arresting films I've seen in a long time.

I really enjoyed Le Weekend as well, great mixture of crushing social realism and French New Wave fantasy.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only had a chance to see The Hobbit, Pacific Rim, and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I really loved Catching Fire but I have to give it to Pacific Rim. I doubt I'll have a chance to see Gravity in theaters but I hear that one is great as well.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Place Beyond the Pines, The Way Way Back, Gravity, Blue Jasmine and MUD are probably my top 5 in no particular order.

norsedudetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By norsedudetr

Gravity, I think. Other than that, I can’t remember anything standing out.