• 127 results
BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By BODDAH

Honestly, whatever you think you want to major in now will change once you start taking classes. You have plenty of time to decide.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By AgentofChaos

Major: Political Science. Yeah I know what your thinkin, and yes I would like to be a politician.

PartTimeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By PartTimeNinja

I am going for a Journalism major and I might minor in Broadcasting.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#104  Edited By C0V3RT

Back when I went - Journalism.  Hated it and left the school.  Went for Strength Based Management at a school closer to home and got pretty close but got really involved with work and haven't finished up. 

04JETTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By 04JETTA

Urban Planning specifically Transportation  (Roads, Airports, etc)

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By LiquidPrince

Visual arts and animation.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#107  Edited By grilledcheez

Political Science is going to be my major (I just graduated from High School)...and I plan on minoring in Economics

eternalrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By eternalrift

I'll be graduating this coming spring with three degrees: B.S.'s in Physics and Mathematics, B.A. in German. Only took me five years, too (one of which was spent abroad in Bonn, Germany)!

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Aurelito
@Chaser324 said:
" Computer Engineering. I'm actually in grad school now and my specific focus area is computer systems architecture. I actually really wish I had majored in computer science back in the day because I really like the software side of things more than hardware. I'm not necessarily hating what I'm doing now, but I just would have preferred a bit more focus on software. "
^^^
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By Wolverine
@eternalrift said:
" I'll be graduating this coming spring with three degrees: B.S.'s in Physics and Mathematics, B.A. in German. Only took me five years, too (one of which was spent abroad in Bonn, Germany)! "
Wow, congrats. How did you manage to get all those degrees in only five years?
Demokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By Demokk

Digital Arts & Animation

eternalrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By eternalrift
@Wolverine:

Initially, I started as a Mathematical Physics major, which left me 3 courses short of getting the Math major. I also took German all through high school, thus allowing me to waive some courses. The real kicker was my year abroad, since I took math and physics courses in Germany, along with several courses that doubled as gened and German requirements. I've also taken summer courses each year to get the rest of the gened out of the way.

Oh, and I have no life.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Wolverine
@eternalrift said:
" @Wolverine: Initially, I started as a Mathematical Physics major, which left me 3 courses short of getting the Math major. I also took German all through high school, thus allowing me to waive some courses. The real kicker was my year abroad, since I took math and physics courses in Germany, along with several courses that doubled as gened and German requirements. I've also taken summer courses each year to get the rest of the gened out of the way.Oh, and I have no life. "
Yeah, you must have really worked you ass off over the last five years. I'm a high school student and I'm going to be a senior next year. Do you have any suggestions for college?
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Fallen189

Contemporary film and media and Japanese.

ApatheticKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ApatheticKing

I'm about to finish up computer science and lucky for me a unisoft is opening up in town

eternalrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By eternalrift
@Wolverine:

Firstly, I would say take more classes freshman and sophomore year than are required (take it easy first semester, though, to let yourself become accustomed to being at the university level--there is a difference). Most universities require a certain number of general education credits, which depend greatly on where you go and what you are studying. These, in effect, broaden the scope of the education you receive. For some people this means taking lower level math and sciences, for others history and social science credit. If you get most of these done in your first two years (alongside your major requirements), your work load will be greatly reduced by senior year, allowing you to focus more on the "important" classes.

If you know going in what you want to study, great! If not, don't be too worried. Many people believe that they have to know exactly what they want even before they go to college, which is not true (although it helps of course). Taking several aforementioned gened classes can help you decide if you don't know where to look (I label this the "Shotgun" approach). If you find that you don't like what you're studying, change majors! Don't allow yourself to feel "locked in" on any set path until you know you enjoy the subject. If you are miserable by the second semester of studying it, chances are you will still be miserable 30 years down the road. [There is a small caveat here: obviously don't wait until your senior year to decide what you want to do.] Also, explore minor opportunities. Languages tend to make great minors for business majors, math for econ majors, etc. Or just double major--this is much less difficult if the two fields are tightly connected.

Thirdly, study abroad! College is a great opportunity to get out and see the world, even if you aren't studying a language. Several international universities offer coursework in English, and exchanges usually cost the same as regular tuition back home. Plus, these "unique and diverse cultural experiences" look great on a resume.

Most importantly, though, I would advise you to enter the university with an open mind. Not just about varied political opinions or lifestyle choices, but also about subject stereotypes. History is not necessarily boring! Math is not necessarily hard! Allow yourself to  see each course as an opportunity to learn something new, and you will find it much easier to go to class each day.

Hope something in there helps!
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Wolverine
@eternalrift: Thanks, I really appreciate how much effort you put in your last post. I currently don't know what I want to do for a living. My favorite subject is probably American History but I can't really make a career out of that because I have no interest in being a teacher. I'm not really good at math, science, or spanish and I'm alright at english. The elective I've been taking is drama and I'm taking a Advanced Drama class next year. The thing is I don't look at acting as a realistic career either. I'm pretty confused :(
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#118  Edited By Hamst3r

I majored in procrastination.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#119  Edited By bretthancock

Finishing up my Associates of Applied Science now, only one credit away.  When that's done I'm starting my Bachelors in Information Technology and Management from Central Washington University.  Pretty excited about the program, when I'm done I'll have about 7 years of experience and a good degree in my field.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By tekmojo

Freshmen girls 101

BlazBleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By BlazBleu

I'm still in high school. Going to be an upcoming Senior, but I really want to major in some field of Engineering or Business.

eternalrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By eternalrift
@Wolverine:

I don't really think that getting a degree in History means you will have to be a teacher. A google search for "What Can I Do With A History Major" will turn up several resources and career ideas. If you don't like any of those choices, then start looking in related fields (Anthropology, Archaeology, etc) for guidance. And you can always minor in History, no matter what you end up doing.

This may also be helpful.
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#123  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Im a major of journalism.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#124  Edited By citizenkane
@BlazBleu said:
" I'm still in high school. Going to be an upcoming Senior, but I really want to major in some field of Engineering or Business. "
Go into engineering if you like it.  This world doesn't need more "business" people, especially after this recession is over.  Also, due to President Obama's wanting to have a resurgence in the math and science fields, engineers will be highly sought after during the next decade.
natsumesosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By natsumesosexy

I graduated a year ago.  East Asian History, minor in Chinese.

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Benjaminvdv

No idea how it would be called in English, but basically I'm doing a college education in form of psychology, right now I'm in college twice a week and the other three I work with ex-drugaddicts.

the_stig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By the_stig

I have a Bachelors of Business Administration with a major in Supply Chain Management and minor in International Business but thanks to this recession I have reassessed things and am going back to school to become a Nuclear Medical Technologist.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#128  Edited By Stang

Double majored in finance and international business. Not the most exciting areas of study, but I am happy.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#129  Edited By JonathanMoore

Music and Music Technology.