• 160 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#51 Edited by Khemitude (222 posts) -

@leinad44 said:

@Khemitude said:

@Video_Game_King: I found it entertaining most of the time, but much prefer the movie they released over the tv show.

I couldn't stand The Raggy Dolls shit was just weird and not in a good way.

You revived a part of my childhood that I wish remained dead

I am sorry for that but every few months thoughts of that hot garbage surface themselves and my god It makes me wish I was dead.

#52 Posted by stinky (1554 posts) -
@stryker1121:  
 
along with this Turbo Teen was equally awful. around the same era. 
  
#53 Posted by FLStyle (4923 posts) -

Scooby fucking Doo, hate it.

#54 Edited by stryker1121 (1584 posts) -

@stinky: Oh lord I don't remember this one. Maybe I can top Turbo Teen with this hideous Ghostbusters cartoon from 1986. (The "Real Ghostbusters" cartoon that also ran during this time was actually quite good. The boogeyman episodes were my faves!)

#55 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3817 posts) -

@stryker1121 said:

I grew up in the 80s, and so sat through some pretty terrible cartoon shows. Nobody "forced" me to watch them, but I was a kid, so I'd sit through anything if it was animated. Rubik The Amazing Cube was particularly awful, even by shitty 80s Sat. morning cartoon-show standards.

WTF did that Rubiks cube just kidnap three children?

#56 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3086 posts) -

I like old shitty cartoons.

#57 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

Rocko's Modern Life or whatever it was was terrible, utterly terrible.

#58 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@I_Stay_Puft:

You know what's more confusing? Why that guy devoted an entire chest's space (a very fragile chest, mind you) to something that he could probably fit in his pocket.

#59 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3817 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@I_Stay_Puft:

You know what's more confusing? Why that guy devoted an entire chest's space (a very fragile chest, mind you) to something that he could probably fit in his pocket.

Not sure I want that face in my pocket... For a minute there I thought you were talking about Captain Planet instead of the Rubiks Cube and it made sense too.

#60 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2615 posts) -
@Shirogane said:

Rocko's Modern Life or whatever it was was terrible, utterly terrible.

You did not just fucking say Rocko's Modern Life is terrible. 
#61 Posted by Sanity (1951 posts) -

@Turtlebird95 said:

@Shirogane said:

Rocko's Modern Life or whatever it was was terrible, utterly terrible.

You did not just fucking say Rocko's Modern Life is terrible.

Yea, i love that show! Its still funny to me now days.

#62 Posted by JasonR86 (9728 posts) -

I remember really liking this Sonic cartoon...

...and I have no idea why besides the fact that Sonic was in it. It's really, really bad.

#63 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2615 posts) -
@dudy80 said:

@Turtlebird95 said:

@Shirogane said:

Rocko's Modern Life or whatever it was was terrible, utterly terrible.

You did not just fucking say Rocko's Modern Life is terrible.

Yea, i love that show! Its still funny to me now days.

Honestly it's my second favorite cartoon of all time. It has got tons of dumb shit that makes everyone laugh but it also has a gold mine of adult references. Turn the page, wash your hands.
#64 Posted by BBAlpert (1578 posts) -

Thanks to my sister, I know way more about Sailor Moon than I really should. And not just Sailor Moon proper, but Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S, Sailor Moon SuperS, and Sailor Stars.

On a side note, that show gets hella weird as it goes on (see: the Sailor Starlights)

#65 Posted by LikeaSsur (1592 posts) -

Definitely Captain Planet. He is the worst superhero ever. His worst enemy is also his greatest weakness, and whenever the kids summon him, they have to rescue him immediately afterwards anyway.

#66 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1474 posts) -

I can't help but love cartoons no matter how stupid they were.

#67 Posted by Wraith1 (576 posts) -

@BBAlpert: the thing about the Sailor Starlights is that they changed things up in the anime compared to the manga

#68 Posted by OmegaChosen (647 posts) -

Dragon Tales.

#69 Edited by spiceninja (3070 posts) -

I never liked the Fairly Oddparents and I could never sit through an entire episode of Ed, Edd, n' Eddy.

#70 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2133 posts) -

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

I never liked the Fairly Oddparents and I could never sit through an entire episode of Ed, Edd, n' Eddy.

Oh god that show. Yea I could never watch a single episode of that in its entirely. I was always put off by it every time somehow.

#71 Posted by MonetaryDread (2177 posts) -

I'm obviously older than most people in this thread, but this show was something else when I was growing up.

Now, obviously this is some old' school japanese anime, so the animation has low-fps, the watercolors are muted and blurry, the dialogue is awful, but there was something to this show.

It's not great, but a lot of people my age have fond memories of this because it was essentially this, or the old hanna barbara cartoons.

#72 Posted by Meepasaurus (223 posts) -

@stryker1121 said:

Rubik The Amazing Cube was particularly awful, even by shitty 80s Sat. morning cartoon-show standards.

Wow, I didn't even know this was a thing that existed. You win.

#73 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Yummylee said:

Oh, and I never liked Recess.

Did anybody?

I did...

Me too

#74 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

It's from an animated TV movie, but this thing was on TV surprisingly often for some reason. Here's one of its highlights:

I always thought Angela Anaconda was kind of annoying. Oh, and bloody Cramp Twins. Ugh.

I've been waiting for this to pop up on the forums again

For me... I don't know, although a lot of people would disagree with me on this one, I think the majority of 90s cartoons were pretty bad. Still, the '90s were far from the worst decade for cartoons; the new millennium has been absolutely dreadful. Other than Adventure Time and The Regular Show, I can't really think of any good children's cartoons that have aired since '99. But that's too much of a digression. Bottom line: '90s cartoons were NOT that amazing.

So yeah, I guess I can't really remember any examples of bad cartoons that I grew up with because there were too many of them?

#75 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@Trav

Thundercats. That show was terrible, and Snarffluse or whatever it was is one of many reasons. COME AT ME.

Fucking YEP! Terrible show. Worst was, on Toonami, it aired right before DBZ. Fucking hated Thundercats.
#76 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Cramp Twins, I used to sit through that shit waiting for Samurai Jack to come on.

#77 Posted by TheFreepie (82 posts) -

I know that there were some but its very difficult to remember them..

I never was a fan of Disney Channel as a kid but my little sister loves it, I can say with utmost confidence that 90% of the content on there wouldn't even be funny to a child. It's dumb.

#78 Posted by matti00 (675 posts) -

I'll never understand the appeal of Scooby Doo, that show is laaaaaame. Even by the standards of when it came out, I still don't get it.

#79 Posted by Heltom92 (715 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

It's from an animated TV movie, but this thing was on TV surprisingly often for some reason. Here's one of its highlights:

I always thought Angela Anaconda was kind of annoying. Oh, and bloody Cramp Twins. Ugh.

What the fuck is even going in that clip? Is that an unedited part of the movie!?

#80 Posted by TheFreepie (82 posts) -

@matti00 said:

I'll never understand the appeal of Scooby Doo, that show is laaaaaame. Even by the standards of when it came out, I still don't get it.

I watched the shit out Scooby Doo and even I have to agree. Now I'm very curious as to why I watched it.

#81 Posted by HolyHackZack (105 posts) -

Almost anything on Disney in the early '90's, only channel I had when visiting my grandma :-( Oh and the Mario cartoon

#82 Posted by Bane122 (812 posts) -

No siblings and never forced to watch anything by my mom so, thankfully, none.

#83 Posted by StarvingGamer (8558 posts) -

I can only remember the good ones.

#84 Posted by Trav (240 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Trav

Thundercats. That show was terrible, and Snarffluse or whatever it was is one of many reasons. COME AT ME.

Fucking YEP! Terrible show. Worst was, on Toonami, it aired right before DBZ. Fucking hated Thundercats.

Now here's a guy that gets it! Makes me feel good.

#85 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@BBAlpert said:

Thanks to my sister, I know way more about Sailor Moon than I really should. And not just Sailor Moon proper, but Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S, Sailor Moon SuperS, and Sailor Stars.

On a side note, that show gets hella weird as it goes on (see: the Sailor Starlights)

There are far more lesbian undertones in the Japanese version and outright homosexuality in the later seasons.

Anyway, I'd probably have to say Pokemon. It's a show I actually enjoyed for whatever reason back in the day, but it's a really awful series and totally insulting to even its target demographic. I really wish Nintendo would do something a bit more serious with it.

#86 Posted by PenguinDust (12636 posts) -

First off, Rocko's Modern Life was and is great. Secondly, I still like Scooby Doo from its first two seasons (1969-1971). After that it's crap although there were a few semi-decent movies made in the late 90's.

My answer is The Gary Coleman Show. This thing was the absolute worst. Cloyingly sappy. It was based, I believe on a TV movie he did in which he played an angel.

#87 Posted by Mezmero (2068 posts) -

I watched a bunch of The Smurfs, The Snorks, and Scooby Doo and I don't think I ever enjoyed any of them. There was literally nothing else on TV to watch around that time. I just needed some way to kill time. In retrospect Captain Planet was really lame but i remember enjoying it at the time. I avoided the really bad ones altogether.

#88 Posted by Svenzon (730 posts) -

Most of them, to be honest. Only ones I can watch nowadays are the old Disney shorts, Duck Tales and some Looney Tunes stuff, even if Bugs Bunny creeps me out at times.

#89 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3817 posts) -

@PenguinDust said:

My answer is The Gary Coleman Show. This thing was the absolute worst. Cloyingly sappy. It was based, I believe on a TV movie he did in which he played an angel.

I could honestly see Gary Coleman as the bad guy in that clip. When that guy with the mustache created the rain cloud above the kids maybe he was trying to shoo Coleman away from them. Then when Coleman changed it to a flower cloud, maybe that messed up the kids perception of what a cloud is.

#90 Edited by Little_Socrates (5715 posts) -

Dragon Tales and Franklin would be my two. I liked just about every other cartoon mentioned, but I was just getting a little too old for educational children's tv when those were introduced to me. To be fair, I actually still only disliked them as much as I dislike Archer, Ren & Stimpy, and Rocko's now, but I've also pretty actively avoided all five.

#91 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Ed, Edd, and Eddy.

To be fair, it's not that bad, but it just always felt like the low class white trash of cartoons to me, and I really disliked that unshakable feeling.

#92 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -

  

#93 Posted by SeanCoughing (271 posts) -

Rocket power (I think that's what it was called) on nickelodeon. It was about kids that did all kinds of XTREME sports stuff, it just reeked of suits trying to come up with a "hip new show for a new generation". Always hated that show. On the other side of the spectrum I thought Arthur was boring, weak bullshit.

#94 Posted by johnaze (73 posts) -

@I_Stay_Puft: It was on around 6AM as I recall. This was on a danish channel.

#95 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6311 posts) -

Doug wasn't that bad of a show but Doug himself was a fuckin pussy...

#96 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

For context, I was born in 1990. I'm glad to see that nobody's really denying the awesomeness that was Dexter's Lab.

Anyway. I think there was some really good stuff that adults would be able to enjoy today (if watching alongside some kids). I'm thinking about stuff like Rocco's Modern Life and Ren & Stimpy- and the first few seasons of Spongebob (once the artstyle changed, the whole personality of that show seemed to shift with it). There's also stuff I loved as a kid that I find unwatchably boring now, stuff like Doug, Rugrats, Hey Arnold etc.

Anyway, everyone should probably listen to this:

#97 Posted by mikey87144 (1806 posts) -

Captain Planet.

#98 Posted by Tearhead (2214 posts) -

@stryker1121 said:

@stinky: Oh lord I don't remember this one. Maybe I can top Turbo Teen with this hideous Ghostbusters cartoon from 1986. (The "Real Ghostbusters" cartoon that also ran during this time was actually quite good. The boogeyman episodes were my faves!)

Oh, God! Watching this brought back a rush of memories like I was an amnesiac who just remembered who they were. I would have totally died without ever remembering this existed... Thanks?

#99 Edited by ProfessorEss (7523 posts) -

I had to endure Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines to get to the sweetness that was Inhumanoids.

#100 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3817 posts) -

@TooWalrus: From Dexter to Brittney Spears. Will.I.AM has fallen on hard times.