What would be the vacation of your dreams?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Hello there bombers!

I'm going to keep this real short, so ya'll don't have to read a bunch of detail and jibber jabber. I also just wanted to write a about something truly special that'll be happening to me soon, and that would be about going on the vacation of my dreams! My parents promised and constantly talked about wanting to take me to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown and to the beach for the longest period of time! Unfortunately, when my father has passed, I thought It'd never happen. Well, a few family friends that love my mom and I very dearly invited us to go with them in their Bluegreen (Time Share) and stay a full week starting Wednesday and explore the cities and see the beach! Also, I've never been to a beach or see the ocean, and I know it's going to be everything I'll hope it to be. I also love historical homes and relics, reenactments, old towns in general, and good food and I know those places will deliver! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to go on such an extravagant vacation, and I'm extremely excited. After a long time of suffering from various issues in my life, like having two sick parents (dad dead, and mom is still sick and not getting better), a house fire, and experiencing financial ruin (Not anymore are we are fortunately caught up now), I'm glad something good will happen for my mom and I. It's a dream come true. =-)

So, what would be your dream vacation and have you taken it yet? Are you planning to take that special trip someday? What would you expect from such a vacation?

I hope ya'll have had a good summer! Until next time!

Tyler (Tireyo)

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

That sounds super cool! Pretty sure I've traveled to Williamsburg and had a really good time there, hope you enjoy it!

As for dream vacation, would have to put it between going to San Francisco and the Yosemite National Park area OR to the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, which I just see as a place that tells a powerful story in the recent times of the US.

Anyway have an awesome time duder!

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Bleshoo

I'd like to go to Mars for 2 weeks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any random island paradise that's not hot as balls and has decent internet. And or just an isolated island to myself for X amount of time with enough supplies to last X days, also decent internet.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

The Raid, except for Neo Geo games not Turbografx.

Loading Video...

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EVO
No Caption Provided

I've been to a few islands before—Vanuatu, Tahiti, Bintan—but Mana Island is my favourite. It's literally paradise. I stayed there for a week about 10 years ago.

My dream holiday though is probably backpacking throughout Europe.

buemba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Used to be Japan, but I did that last year. So now it's the UK.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dream vacation is to go to Japan.

Which I did in April of this year.

My next dream vacation would be to go to Japan.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd think it'd be cool to go to China and do some tourist things over there. Already went to my dream vacation spot Japan a few years ago.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope to one day be able to overcome my fear of public transport in foreign countries, have enough money, and be physically fit enough to go and see Machu Picchu.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Burning Man, Iran, Japan.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It used to be New York, which luckily I already did.

Now I am planning to visit Japan some day.

helvetica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds awesome! Glad you and your mom are able to get out and do something fun. I love being near the ocean. The sound of waves, the salty sea water...it's wonderful.

Personally, I would like to go into outer space, buzz around a bit and then blow up the moon so the Earth can have cool rings like Saturn. That is my dream vacation. My second choice is going to the Georgia aquarium. I love aquariums and that one is supposed to be fantastic.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#14  Edited By pyromagnestir

One that never ends.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Staying at home playing video games

GerbilsInSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GerbilsInSpace

Reykjavik, baby! Or maybe the Lake District in England, for my honeymoon in 9 weeks. Actually, any holiday would be lovely at the moment.

I'm so happy to hear that things are looking up for you. I've been in situations not too dissimilar to yourself in the past, glad things are looking up.

Tirion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tirion
@tireyo said:

Also, I've never been to a beach or see the ocean, and I know it's going to be everything I'll hope it to be. I also love historical homes and relics, reenactments, old towns in general, and good food and I know those places will deliver! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to go on such an extravagant vacation, and I'm extremely excited.

Sitting on a beach during sunset with an ice cold beer is probably one of the most amazing things you can do. I also love good food, old towns and relics so I always try to get that into vacations if possible.

I can't really pick a perfect vacation because there is so many places I would love to go. I really like going places that feel a bit alien in comparison with my everyday environment so Japan or Iran is pretty high up on the list. That way even things like going to a regular food store or taking the bus becomes a new experience. I also try to spend as little time possible at the hotel so as long as there's a shower and toilet I'm good whith some pretty shitty hotels.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lying on a shady hammock on a warm day with a cool breeze by a nice warm-water beach, reading my favourite book while drinking a nice cold beer or fancy blended drink of some sort. Just napping, relaxing, eating great food, drinking until I get that good buzz on, swimming and not being bothered. That's paradise my friend.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By monkeyking1969

I think Bora Bora or Tahiti would be great for a relaxing stay in a tiny house on the water. But, I must admit I'd love to do things too, so live on a indigenous village in Papua New Guinea or reindeer herding with the Sámi people of Norway would be cool.

Yet, what I really would want is to time travel. Go to Tahiti in 1700. See Babylon in 2200 BCE. See Tenochtitlan (Mexico City) before Europeans arrived. Old Kingdom Egypt would be cool to see as well.

The only futuristic conveniences I would want would be real time GPS mapping for getting around, nanomachines in my blood that make me virtually un-killable and very strong/tough (just in case I make someone mad), and a sophisticated translation programs so that after a few months with people I could understand their language and speak it back to them.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Burning Man probably. It seems like an endurance challenge but I'd love to go one year.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going back to Hawaii.

Hamborgini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just drop me off in Taiwan for a few weeks. I've been there before, but not for nearly long enough. I never even left Taipei last time.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By splodge

New Orleans, in the off season. When the Chief's are rehearsing their music, preparing for the walk. It's a dream of mine to sit in on a rehearsal session and drink scotch with those dudes. Creole culture. Stroll around to different bars and find whatever crazy mix of music I can. Ya'll have New Orleans and the Appalachian Mountains to thank for your musical heritage.

Mar de Gras sounds awesome and all, but from what I have heard there is so much more to that city.

No Caption Provided

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

@tirion said:
@tireyo said:

Also, I've never been to a beach or see the ocean, and I know it's going to be everything I'll hope it to be. I also love historical homes and relics, reenactments, old towns in general, and good food and I know those places will deliver! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to go on such an extravagant vacation, and I'm extremely excited.

Sitting on a beach during sunset with an ice cold beer is probably one of the most amazing things you can do. I also love good food, old towns and relics so I always try to get that into vacations if possible.

I can't really pick a perfect vacation because there is so many places I would love to go. I really like going places that feel a bit alien in comparison with my everyday environment so Japan or Iran is pretty high up on the list. That way even things like going to a regular food store or taking the bus becomes a new experience. I also try to spend as little time possible at the hotel so as long as there's a shower and toilet I'm good whith some pretty shitty hotels.

I had my first sip of some sort of rum with strawberries in it. It was really good! ;-D When it comes to motels, I just want it to be cheap and clean. That's what I got in VA Beach. As for the other three places that were close to each other, I was at a resort with a kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It was really nice. (I'm glad though I'm not into this time share stuff, but the friends can do what they do! I'm glad they took us.) I had a great time.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be a rather vaque answer.

My dream vacation would be a year of traveling the worlds greatest most intense wildernesses. From intense desert climates to rainforests, to high peaks or ice and expansive glaciers.

I've been to specific places that fall into those three catagories, but the diversity found in nature, from geology to biology, to micology, to botony draws me with such a power that only laziness (towards future goals) and a lack of substantial income can stop me.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A trip to outer space with multiple different women, even sexy alien women either way I won't complain..

jhajha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jhajha

A trip to outer space with multiple different women, even sexy alien women either way I won't complain..

I would also like to go to the outer space and stay there for about half year.LOL.