• 62 results
#1 Posted by RainbowCarnage (97 posts) -

What would your parents have named you if you were born the opposite sex?

I was born a duder, but if I was born a dudet my parents would have named me Christina.

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

Jasony?

#3 Posted by Animasta (14724 posts) -

I never asked because I felt that would be cheating

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Video Game Queen.

#5 Posted by RPGee (763 posts) -

I've heard what it was, but I can't remember what. I do know I was almost called Flynn.

#6 Posted by believer258 (12192 posts) -

Amanda.

No, I am not kidding you, that is what my parents have told me. I was born a dude and named Justin. I did wonder a bit how different I would be if I were a girl - are interests something that could change completely if the only thing different is sex?

#7 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they told me once. I forget.

I do have two younger sisters though, so maybe I'd have one of their names.

Incidentally, all of our names start with "J"...my parents are so creative.

#8 Posted by Stonyman65 (2871 posts) -

Y'know, I've never bothered to even ask that. Now I'm interested. I'll ask my mom next time I see her and I'll edit this post with the answer.

#9 Posted by Animasta (14724 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Amanda.

No, I am not kidding you, that is what my parents have told me. I was born a dude and named Justin. I did wonder a bit how different I would be if I were a girl - are interests something that could change completely if the only thing different is sex?

why not? our society still believes that girls and boys inherently like different things, so undoubtedly you'd be into different things if born a girl.

#10 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

Alexandra, I guess?

#11 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I did wonder a bit how different I would be if I were a girl - are interests something that could change completely if the only thing different is sex?

You'd probably be affected by your parents differently. You'd identify more with your mother than your father in certain aspects, and perhaps mimic some of the things your mother would do. I also think you'd gain different interests because of stereotypes, targeted advertisements, hanging out with other females in school and their interests and what your parents expect of you (depending on their own expectations of what male and female roles are, so to speak). Religion also probably plays a part here (their religion, if any, and your views on it).

That said, I'm sure there's some female out there with your interests exactly - but her circumstances might have been a lot different.

Pure speculation on my part! That was kinda fun.

#12 Posted by believer258 (12192 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@believer258 said:

Amanda.

why not? our society still believes that girls and boys inherently like different things, so undoubtedly you'd be into different things if born a girl.

Well, possibly. But there's probably a girl out there who enjoys computers, video games, a bit of anime here and there, and other downright geeky/nerdy things.

Probably. I have no clue where you'd find one, though. Do you? There definitely aren't any on these forums. None at all, I am certain of it. Without a shadow of a doubt.

#13 Posted by wordfalling (193 posts) -

No clue, I was named after my great-grandfather and his father and his father and so on. Odd that there are three gravestones dating back to 1739 with my name on them.

#14 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

Probably my younger sister's name. -__-

#15 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

Jessica I think? I asked that once when I was younger.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Animasta said:

@believer258 said:

Amanda.

Well, possibly. But there's probably a girl out there who enjoys computers, video games, a bit of anime here and there, and other downright geeky/nerdy things.

Probably. I have no clue where you'd find one, though. Do you? There definitely aren't any on these forums. None at all, I am certain of it. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Oh, I get it. I see what you're saying. 's busy with Faria, though.

#17 Posted by Iodine (550 posts) -

Woah woah woah, so you are telling me I didnt have a name tag when the stork brought me?

#18 Posted by Animasta (14724 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Animasta said:

@believer258 said:

Amanda.

Sure, but interests... I don't really think interests come from nature all that much. I think it's mostly how you're raised. If you ask yourself, why do I like playing games a lot? I liked em because I was raised with em. Why do i like reading books? because I didn't have many friends due to constant moves and books were all I had for a long time. I think you can say that about every single one of my interests.

I'm not exactly saying that if you were born a girl that you would have completely different interests, of course, but there'd probably be somethings that were quite different.

#19 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I'm genuinely not certain if this is supposed to be sarcasm or not. >_>

And I don't know what my name would've been but I like the name David, so let's go with that.

#20 Posted by believer258 (12192 posts) -

@mscupcakes said:

@believer258 said:

I'm genuinely not certain if this is supposed to be sarcasm or not. >_>

And I don't know what my name would've been but I like the name David, so let's go with that.

It is definitely meant to be sarcasm. I believe picked up on it, too.

#21 Posted by rachelepithet (1392 posts) -

Big Bertha

#22 Posted by 49th (2848 posts) -

Don't know, my dad wanted to call me Rex though. Thank god that didn't happen.

#23 Posted by RetroVirus (1491 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Amanda.

...Are you me? Only my parents would have named me Julia or something.

#24 Posted by Baillie (4282 posts) -

@49th said:

Don't know, my dad wanted to call me Rex though. Thank god that didn't happen.

"Shepard"

#25 Posted by Socialone (202 posts) -

Even though I really like Gabriel as a first name, I guess I could live being Camille.

#26 Posted by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

Jessica.

My name is Jesse . . . hi.

#27 Posted by Terramagi (1158 posts) -

@wordfalling said:

No clue, I was named after my great-grandfather and his father and his father and so on. Odd that there are three gravestones dating back to 1739 with my name on them.

They're all different versions of you, after the great Chronocatastrophe of 2037.

#28 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -
@believer258

@Animasta said:

@believer258 said:

Amanda.

Hi.
#29 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Jordan is a unisex name so probably still that.

#30 Posted by believer258 (12192 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@believer258

@Animasta said:

@believer258 said:

Amanda.

Hi.

'ello!

(Some people do not seem to have picked up on my sarcasm...)

#31 Posted by UncleClassy (405 posts) -

Disappointment

#32 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

My name is Randy.

So.... Randy.

#33 Posted by wordfalling (193 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

They're all different versions of you, after the great Chronocatastrophe of 2037.

The sad part is they were probably better men than me, with the exception of one who was a civil war captain likely responsible for the deaths of many other Americans. But maybe in 2037 I can get the real dirt on my family history.

#34 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Gabriella or Gabrielle. When i was considering changing my gender, i would pick Gabrielle, it sounds more classy, but when i told my girlfirend about that phase of mine, she said i should be Pietra.

@Animasta said:

I never asked because I felt that would be cheating

Cheating for what?
#35 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

My name is Randy.

So.... Randy.

Don't you mean Randi?

I think I was told the answer to this once upon a time, but I don't remember. Or maybe I'm just confusing that with what I was told about my little brother, my parents were pulling for a girl and had a bunch of girl baby stuff ready only to find out he was a boy. Well, I'm pretty sure that was for my little brother but I'm not 100 percent sure.

I do know I was almost a Jr, but my mom vetoed that shit.

#36 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6311 posts) -

I was born a Steve, but when I was a kid and whined a lot my mom would call me Stephanie so I guess that's what it would have been?

#37 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@believer258

@Animasta said:

@believer258 said:

Amanda.

Hi.

'ello!

This happens with me too when I'm being sarcastic :( Don't worry Amanda, you are not alone.

#38 Posted by Korolev (1726 posts) -

Almost certainly Susan. I'm glad I wasn't born a girl, because Susan is not a name I like. If you like the name Susan, that's great! I do not.

#39 Posted by believer258 (12192 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@believer258 said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@believer258

@Animasta said:

@believer258 said:

Amanda.

Hi.

'ello!

This happens with me too when I'm being sarcastic :( Don't worry Amanda, you are not alone.

Thank you, Alexandra. Your comment has truly comforted me.

#40 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

My name is Randy.

So.... Randy.

Don't you mean Randi?

I think I was told the answer to this once upon a time, but I don't remember. Or maybe I'm just confusing that with what I was told about my little brother, my parents were pulling for a girl and had a bunch of girl baby stuff ready only to find out he was a boy. Well, I'm pretty sure that was for my little brother but I'm not 100 percent sure.

I do know I was almost a Jr, but my mom vetoed that shit.

My parents aren't very bright so I probably would have still ended up as Randy. I'm named after my mom's favorite guitarist Randy Rhoads. At least you aren't a JR to somebody you haven't even met.

#41 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

I've never thought to ask.

#42 Posted by d_breeze (226 posts) -

My grandmother told me my name would have been Carltrin (I'm not sure how to spell it...) My mom was really into Numerology when she was pregnant with me so she actually had a different first and middle name for me depending on my sex and the day I was born. I wonder how many she had planned, because I was born 2 weeks after my due date...

#43 Posted by slyspider (1368 posts) -

Bonzo! Weird i know

#44 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

Bethany but my next sibling was a girl so she got that name.

#45 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@believer258 said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@believer258

@Animasta said:

@believer258 said:

Amanda.

Hi.

'ello!

Thank you, Alexandra. Your comment has truly comforted me.

Glad I could help :D

#46 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2537 posts) -

Roberta

#47 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

i was named after some random general in a history magazine my dad was reading in the waiting room of the hospital cus he thought it sounded neat. so i guess if i was female i'd be named after some random historical female lady?

#48 Posted by TheRealMoot (422 posts) -

Here's the story behind my name: My mother had a name picked out for her first born daughter; Kaylee. However, I'm a dood so she had to think up a name on the spot for me when I was born. Rather than asking my father for name idea's or naming me after a family member or planning ahead she just gave me the doctors name, who she had know for all of like 3 hours.

So ya, My girl name would be Kaylee.

#49 Posted by Plasticstars (171 posts) -

Alice, I think.

#50 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

My mom was hoping for me to be a girl, luckily I wasn't. I hate thinking about that stuff its just weird.....