South Park: Dead Celebrities
The Office: The Wedding
Newest Survivor
Movies:
Zombieland
Away We Go
500 Days of Summer
Toy Story 1 & 2

If you're wondering why this is up so early it's because I'm going on vacation with the family tomorrow and wouldn't have time to write it. Also, reasons I won't be grading Glee and Modern family this week is because I totally forgot about them Wednesday. Will update next week with this weeks episodes scores.

No Caption Provided
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

I went into M.U.A. 2 with only about 20 minutes of previous M.U.A. knowledge, I thought the first was decent I just couldn't get through it. So it's weird that I was so excited to pop in M.U.A 2 and I actually quite enjoyed it. The civil war aspect was very good, although close to the end, the civil war story kind of drifts away and another story takes over, that is around the time when I got bored with it. It just really confused me, the civil war aspect was so good but you turned it into some other thing where I'm constantly saying "What the hell is going on" and I don't mean that in a good way. The combat was surprisingly not just oh there's a guy, lets press X until he dies. They throw in some nice special powers that each superhero has, all specific to that one character. Then you can perform a "fusion" attack which is when two characters combine their powers together and do 1 of the 4 or 5 set types of fusions. These are all really powerful and some look great but it gets repetitive after a while performing the same kinds over and over again. Although it sounds like I strongly disliked the game, I actually enjoyed the first 4-5 hours of it, but was sorely disappointed that the longer it went on, the worse it got. Verdict: Rent for all.

Majesty 2

I really haven't played too much of Majesty too give a final verdict but since this blog is gonna be short anyways, I figured why not throw it and Lucidity in. Majesty is just a game where you control pretty much this entire city area and explore new territories whilst killing things and earning more moola. This is actually very well done, where even the tedious things like upgrading buildings is made fun by choosing what you want your vendor to sell, etc. The real selling point of the game is the look. It looks really good. I love the cartoony but not really cartoony at all art style. And seeing those trees fall down is quite satifying. Again, I haven't played very much of this so I can't give a verdict (or write decent impressions) but so far, I'm really liking Majesty 2.

Lucidity

What Lucidity is, is a very cute game in which you don't really control your character but instead place little pieces in the spots you
No Caption Provided
want her to go, she can either go straight, bounce up, or go up some steps. It's actually not really your choice as the game chooses the pieces for you. In concept this all sounds kind of interesting and it is for a little bit but after a while you realize how much better it'd be if you can rotate the pieces (if you can and I haven't gotten to that point yet, tell me), fast forward time, and actually not be hit by enemies although you're moving above them and there is a freaking piece of wood covering their head! The good things about it are very obvious. It looks fantastic and the unique story is very Braid like. So if you can put up with some gameplay screw up's and hassles for what looks to be a very good story you should pick this up but I'm not the person that can do that.

NHL 10

Finally, the main finale. The NHL series is widely known for being vastly superior to the 2K hockey series in every single shape, way, and form and, although I haven't played 2K10, I'm pretty sure this year is no different. I really haven't noticed any major differences from 09 to 10 besides the graphics being a bit sharper but that isn't really a problem, especially if you don't own 09. NHL 10 still has the normal dynasty options but Be a Pro mode will probably be the place you dig in most of your time. You create your character, play in a recruiting game, get drafted, then your career as an NHL'er begins. I said that. The mode is still incredibly in depth and challenging while still being fun. All around NHL 10 is a damn good game and still features the time sucking modes that was in 09. Verdict: If you have 09- Rent Everyone else- Buy.

TV TIME

No Caption Provided
Cleveland Show The: Da Doggone Daddy-Daughter Dinner Dance- A-
Dexter: Remains To Be Seen- A
Family Guy: Family Goy- A-
Saturday Night Live: Ryan Reynolds? D
South Park: Dead Celebrities- A
The Office: The Wedding- A+
Newest Survivor- C+

MOVIE TIME

Zombieland- A
Away We Go- A
500 Days of Summer- A+
Toy Story 1 & 2- A+...++++

So that wraps up this week but before I go, I want to introduce something new called "What to expect next week" where, obviously, I'll show you what to expect next week.

What to expect next week:
The normal TV shows
South Park Tower Defense bla bla bla
Halo ODST
Possibly Saw (the game)
and Brutal Legend!

I will have some other stuff thrown in that I don't currently have planned like some movies and such. If you have any questions you want to throw at me, post them in the comments below and I will definitely answer them. Until next time!

Αντίο!
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

This week on What'cha Been Playing:
NHL 10
Lucidity
Majesty 2
TV:
Cleveland Show The: Da Doggone Daddy-Daughter Dinner Dance
Dexter: Remains To Be Seen
Family Guy: Family Goy
Saturday Night Live: Ryan Reynolds?
South Park: Dead Celebrities
The Office: The Wedding
Newest Survivor
Movies:
Zombieland
Away We Go
500 Days of Summer
Toy Story 1 & 2

If you're wondering why this is up so early it's because I'm going on vacation with the family tomorrow and wouldn't have time to write it. Also, reasons I won't be grading Glee and Modern family this week is because I totally forgot about them Wednesday. Will update next week with this weeks episodes scores.

No Caption Provided

I went into M.U.A. 2 with only about 20 minutes of previous M.U.A. knowledge, I thought the first was decent I just couldn't get through it. So it's weird that I was so excited to pop in M.U.A 2 and I actually quite enjoyed it. The civil war aspect was very good, although close to the end, the civil war story kind of drifts away and another story takes over, that is around the time when I got bored with it. It just really confused me, the civil war aspect was so good but you turned it into some other thing where I'm constantly saying "What the hell is going on" and I don't mean that in a good way. The combat was surprisingly not just oh there's a guy, lets press X until he dies. They throw in some nice special powers that each superhero has, all specific to that one character. Then you can perform a "fusion" attack which is when two characters combine their powers together and do 1 of the 4 or 5 set types of fusions. These are all really powerful and some look great but it gets repetitive after a while performing the same kinds over and over again. Although it sounds like I strongly disliked the game, I actually enjoyed the first 4-5 hours of it, but was sorely disappointed that the longer it went on, the worse it got. Verdict: Rent for all.

Majesty 2

I really haven't played too much of Majesty too give a final verdict but since this blog is gonna be short anyways, I figured why not throw it and Lucidity in. Majesty is just a game where you control pretty much this entire city area and explore new territories whilst killing things and earning more moola. This is actually very well done, where even the tedious things like upgrading buildings is made fun by choosing what you want your vendor to sell, etc. The real selling point of the game is the look. It looks really good. I love the cartoony but not really cartoony at all art style. And seeing those trees fall down is quite satifying. Again, I haven't played very much of this so I can't give a verdict (or write decent impressions) but so far, I'm really liking Majesty 2.

Lucidity

What Lucidity is, is a very cute game in which you don't really control your character but instead place little pieces in the spots you
No Caption Provided
want her to go, she can either go straight, bounce up, or go up some steps. It's actually not really your choice as the game chooses the pieces for you. In concept this all sounds kind of interesting and it is for a little bit but after a while you realize how much better it'd be if you can rotate the pieces (if you can and I haven't gotten to that point yet, tell me), fast forward time, and actually not be hit by enemies although you're moving above them and there is a freaking piece of wood covering their head! The good things about it are very obvious. It looks fantastic and the unique story is very Braid like. So if you can put up with some gameplay screw up's and hassles for what looks to be a very good story you should pick this up but I'm not the person that can do that.

NHL 10

Finally, the main finale. The NHL series is widely known for being vastly superior to the 2K hockey series in every single shape, way, and form and, although I haven't played 2K10, I'm pretty sure this year is no different. I really haven't noticed any major differences from 09 to 10 besides the graphics being a bit sharper but that isn't really a problem, especially if you don't own 09. NHL 10 still has the normal dynasty options but Be a Pro mode will probably be the place you dig in most of your time. You create your character, play in a recruiting game, get drafted, then your career as an NHL'er begins. I said that. The mode is still incredibly in depth and challenging while still being fun. All around NHL 10 is a damn good game and still features the time sucking modes that was in 09. Verdict: If you have 09- Rent Everyone else- Buy.

TV TIME

No Caption Provided
Cleveland Show The: Da Doggone Daddy-Daughter Dinner Dance- A-
Dexter: Remains To Be Seen- A
Family Guy: Family Goy- A-
Saturday Night Live: Ryan Reynolds? D
South Park: Dead Celebrities- A
The Office: The Wedding- A+
Newest Survivor- C+

MOVIE TIME

Zombieland- A
Away We Go- A
500 Days of Summer- A+
Toy Story 1 & 2- A+...++++

So that wraps up this week but before I go, I want to introduce something new called "What to expect next week" where, obviously, I'll show you what to expect next week.

What to expect next week:
The normal TV shows
South Park Tower Defense bla bla bla
Halo ODST
Possibly Saw (the game)
and Brutal Legend!

I will have some other stuff thrown in that I don't currently have planned like some movies and such. If you have any questions you want to throw at me, post them in the comments below and I will definitely answer them. Until next time!

Αντίο!
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Also, what would you rather hear about? Brutal Legend or Uncharted 2?

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By sjschmidt93

The former since I'll be playing the latter.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

None of these games look interesting to me, but Zombieland looks mad insane

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGamerGeek
@SJSchmidt93: I quite enjoyed that comment as it twisted my brain a bit.

A nice slap on the behind to you.
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By RichardLOlson

Well that was very informative....thanks for you up to date list on what you've been doing.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

I watched The Office: The Wedding episode. It was zany and fun. They really pushed it to the edge of almost being too much over the top, but brought it back with a poignant ending.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Xandurson

The Office wedding episode was my favorite Office episode yet I think. It was just amazing!

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ninjakiller
@Claude said:
" I watched The Office: The Wedding episode. It was zany and fun. They really pushed it to the edge of almost being too much over the top, but brought it back with a poignant ending. "
@GamerGeek360 said:
" The Office wedding episode was my favorite Office episode yet I think. It was just amazing! "
Really?  I personally hated it.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By eroticfishcake

I played Majesty 2 recently. I've got about to one third of the campaign but after that it feels like the computer is just spamming your base with enemies. It doesn't get very interesting.
I'm still busy working on college so not much with me I'm afraid (unless you want to hear about Celtic civilisations, programming or The Illiad).

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheGamerGeek
@eroticfishcake: Ahahah, I'm open to hearing about anything!