What's Better Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction?

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By coolarman
coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By coolarman

I go with Reservoir Dogs cause it was more gritty and i just liked it better for some reason

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#3  Edited By citizenkane

Both are awesome, but if I had to pick one I would go with Pulp Fiction.

Speaking of Tarantino, I can't wait until Inglorious Bastards comes out in two weeks.  :)

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By WallacetheGreat

I love both, but Pulp Fiction would be my choice.

pa21ris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By pa21ris

Pulp fiction is better, but only by a hair. It is so close to being a tie except that I love the 3 different stories pulp fiction is telling that are in no sequential order.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By coolarman

Also what's the big deal about the whole non sequential order of the story in Pulp Fiction. Don't get me wrong i still like it but really i would have also liked it if it was still in regular order 

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Reservoir Dogs. It was just a better film. Pulp Fiction was more ambitious, but as a result there was a lot of unnecessary stuff that could have been trimmed.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ArchScabby

I like Pulp Fiction.  

I don't know why but I was disappointed in reservoir dogs.  Not that I didn't like it, I just thought it would be better.  Maybe I should watch it again and see if I change my mind because I haven't seen it forever.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchScabby
@coolarman: I think if you look online, people list the order you can watch the chapters on a dvd to make it chronological.  You could watch it like that I guess.  Seems kinda lame though.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheHT

Pulp Fiction for sure. Reservoir Dogs was cool, but it felt very short. Pulp Fiction on the other hand has some of the most bad ass scenes evar.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By coolarman
@ArchScabby said:
" @coolarman: I think if you look online, people list the order you can watch the chapters on a dvd to make it chronological.  You could watch it like that I guess.  Seems kinda lame though. "
Why is it lame though. Why is it so great that it is a non linear storyline 
Avatar image for deactivated-5d99c8cd85096
deactivated-5d99c8cd85096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reservoir Dogs for sure. My favorite film ever. Also, WTF at those complaining about the non sequential order. Reservoir Dogs is the same way, as is almost every Tarantino film.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ArchScabby
@coolarman: I meant it would be lame to watch it like that because you woulld have to keep stopping and finding the right chapter.

I still didn't mind the non linear storyline though, it was kind of interesting to see something, and then later have it explained how it happened like that when you already know how it ends.  I wouldn't want every movie to do that or anything, but I thought it was alright in Pulp Fiction.
StarFry64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StarFry64

Both are awesome but for me Reservoir Dogs.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Osaladin

Don't kill me, but I could barely tolerate both movies. But if I had to choose, Sam Jackson wins it for Pulp Fiction.

Avatar image for imayellowfellow
imayellowfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By imayellowfellow

it was pulp fiction that lead to me to see reservoir dogs. I thought pulp was largely more enjoyable.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'm about to watch Reservoir Dogs, but I did love Pulp Fiction.  

That being said, I wonder what HandsomeDead will have to say about Mr. Tarantino's body of work....

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hatking

I'd have to go with Dogs just for the introductory sequence in the diner, that is one of the most brilliant dialogues in pretty much any modern film.  That is what Tarentino excells at, natural, funny, interesting dialogue.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pulp Fiction, I have nothing more to say than I enjoyed it more.
chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By chronicsmoke

both amazing movies but Iliked Pulp Fiction more
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kohe321

Pulp Fiction.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By coolarman
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
"

I'm about to watch Reservoir Dogs, but I did love Pulp Fiction.  

That being said, I wonder what HandsomeDead will have to say about Mr. Tarantino's body of work....

"
Weird how he hasn't commented yet
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By fr0br0

I have always preferred Pulp Fiction, but every time I watch Reservoir Dogs it keeps growing on me. Who knows, maybe one of these days it could bypass Pulp Fiction.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By RedSox8933

I didn't really ike Reservoir Dogs. I can't explain why.

Pulp Fiction is amazing and waay better than RD.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By jakob187

Neither.  Tarantino is a fucking joke of a moviemaker.  Rips off everything he ever saw growing up with little shame, and then pretends to be an innovator.  Moreover, why the fuck should I care about "Like A Virgin" or what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in France?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d99c8cd85096
deactivated-5d99c8cd85096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:
" Neither.  Tarantino is a fucking joke of a moviemaker.  Rips off everything he ever saw growing up with little shame, and then pretends to be an innovator.  Moreover, why the fuck should I care about "Like A Virgin" or what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in France? "
That's your opinion. I personally do think he is an innovator. He crafted some of the greatest movies of the 90's, period. Just wondering, I'm curious as to what you think he ripped off so shamefully?
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By jakob187
@Zombutler said:

" @jakob187 said:

" Neither.  Tarantino is a fucking joke of a moviemaker.  Rips off everything he ever saw growing up with little shame, and then pretends to be an innovator.  Moreover, why the fuck should I care about "Like A Virgin" or what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in France? "

That's your opinion. I personally do think he is an innovator. He crafted some of the greatest movies of the 90's, period. Just wondering, I'm curious as to what you think he ripped off so shamefully? "
Zom, I'm sorry if you don't know and can't see them.  Kill Bill is probably the biggest example of how shameless that man can be.  I'll give you that he had one moment of innovation:  making a heist movie where you never saw the heist.  Nonetheless, the reason most people like heist movies...is because of the actual heist.  All the other flicks, massive rip-offs. 

I already see where this argument is going:  "well, then what about all the movies that exist at all where they show the influences they have?".  That's the thing, though - there is a difference between influence and flat-out ripping something off.  Drag Me To Hell is INFLUENCED by tons of old school campy movies, but it still remains its own entity aside from that.  Meanwhile, Kill Bill might as well be labeled "The Street Fighter vs. The Man With No Name"!!!  I actually kinda feel shitty that Sonny Chiba would even be in that movie...and ESPECIALLY as Hattori Hanzo! 

Hell, the MOST FAMOUS QUOTE from Pulp Fiction ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING PULP FICTION QUOTE!!!  The Ezekiel quote was DIRECTLY FROM KARATE KIBA STARRING SONNY CHIBA!!!  THE MOTHERFUCKER CAN'T EVEN WRITE HIS OWN POPULAR QUOTES!!!
Avatar image for royalewifcheese
RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By RoyaleWifCheese
@jakob187 said:

Most of the shit Tarantino "rips off" is often done in homage. Those bits about "Like a Virgin" or the Quarter Pounder are called "characterization."

As far as topic, "Pulp Fiction" is my favorite movie ever.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By c1337us
@Osaladin said:
" Don't kill me, but I could barely tolerate both movies. But if I had to choose, Sam Jackson wins it for Pulp Fiction. "
Its already too late lol. Personally I liked Pulp Fiction the best but Resevoir Dogs was still an awesome movie as well. I was pretty excited to see Inglorious Basterds but I seen another new trailer for it the other day when I went to see Drag Me to Hell and I got to say it put a real dampener on my expectations for the film (maybe thats a good think IDK).
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I felt bad voting in this poll. Both are really awesome movies. I gave it to Pulp Fiction, though. You know, people always talk about Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta in Pulp Fiction, however, I don't think Bruce Willis gets nearly enough credit. His great performance had the biggest effect on me.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kmdrkul

*Ahem*

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#33  Edited By Claude

Reservoir Dogs is a cult classic. Pulp Fiction is a classic. I voted Pulp Fiction.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By xplodedd

i loved both but i am pretty sure pulp  fiction is a better movie. but they are both must sees.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By kraznor

Nothing against Reservoir Dogs at all, but it still kind of feels like a first-time film. Smaller in scope and whatnot. While on the topic of Tarantino, like to give a shout to Jackie Brown. Watched it again last week and that movie is pretty awesome. Not as fast and fun as Pulp, but still really good.

Cassita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cassita

To me, Reservoir Dogs was a better movie, while Pulp Fiction had a more fascinating -- though not necessarily better -- story.