This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by thesonygamer12 (85 posts) -

what is so bad about alicorn twilight sparkle because i don't see the issue

i mean for the most part twilight sparkle acts like she did in the first 3 seasons except she has wings now and shes a princess i mean come on is it really that much of a issue that bronies have to complain about it

maybe its something im missing i don't know but can someone explain to me how alicorn twilight is so bad because to me it dosen't hurt the show at all

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36047 posts) -

can someone explain to me how alicorn twilight is so bad

No. There are, like, three bronies on the entire site. Also @sparklykiss.

#3 Posted by thesonygamer12 (85 posts) -

@thesonygamer12 said:

can someone explain to me how alicorn twilight is so bad

No. There are, like, three bronies on the entire site. Also @sparklykiss.

im not a brony i just watch the show

bronys are the fans who see mlp as this holy grail of shows i do admit when the show has flaws but its entertaining for the most part and does have a heart to is that most shows don't have nowerdays so no i dont see myself as a brony just someone whos willing to watch it now and again because i dont see it as a girls show i see it as a good cartoon

but even i can see that a design change dosent automatically ruin a character

#4 Edited by Yummylee (21276 posts) -

EDIT: Never mind.

#5 Edited by Random45 (1052 posts) -

@yummylee said:

EDIT: Never mind.

Haha, I didn't even know what the hell he was talking about until I read his post.

But seriously, there's like 2 people on this entire website who can have any input on this, I'd recommend going to a MLP fan forum or something if you really want a meaningful discussion about this.

#6 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4161 posts) -

#7 Posted by notdavid (825 posts) -

What? Okay.

#8 Posted by UngratefulDead (68 posts) -

And what's the deal with airplane food. I mean come on.

#9 Edited by DeadpanCakes (802 posts) -

Y'know it always bugs me when people ask this. It isn't just a matter of aesthetic design. Like, there was just something so subdued about how she was written before, but now it doesn't feel quite as compelling; she had some gritty lines, without feeling melodramatic, she was sort of awkward, without grating on you constantly. It just feels like every time she opens her mouth now, it negatively deconstructs what she had been building towards thus far. And her dynamics and who she is in relation to all the other characters has changed so much since then, because of that. I can understand somebody still liking her, but personally, it seems to me like that somebody is just settling. There was no reason to change that character besides a lazy attempt to keep things fresh, and it shows.

#10 Posted by adoggz (2044 posts) -

so i haven't watched since like season 2 but YO FUCK THAT SHIT! Its a buncha mary sue nonsense. Besides everyone knows that Luna is the one during the real work, she is best pony after all.

#11 Edited by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

Personally, I don't like how they made her into a vehement racist. I mean, I wasn't even aware there were jewish ponies until this season. The racial slurs and hateful glances just feel feel out of place with how she was in the first few seasons, but I know some fans don't think it's that big of a deal when she rants about "Alicorn Power". I guess I'm just weird.

#12 Posted by Ekami (252 posts) -

I'm cool with whatever and everyone should love what they love, but everyone should also love applying context.

#13 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

She did things nopony should do and needs to be held accountable for her crimes.

See you all next season.

#14 Edited by CaLe (3912 posts) -

#15 Posted by ThunderSlash (1562 posts) -

This is going to be a book of revelations to many readers. In particular, many will be surprised to learn that Alicorn Twilight consorts with the worst types of inimical, licentious bloodsuckers there are. I will start this discussion by arguing that appalling, procacious loblollies will always band together to exhibit cruelty to animals. Then, I will present evidence that most people would agree that I am not ashamed to admit that it's always sadly comic to listen to Alicorn's blather about how individual worth is defined by race, ethnicity, religion, or national origin. But once you've admitted that, you've admitted that McCarthyism has long been Alicorn's lodestar. And it follows inexorably that, except in special cases, she is locked into her present course of destruction. She does not have the interest or the will to change her fundamentally indelicate double standards. The last point I'll make is this: I find Alicorn Twilight's flights of fancy to be a perversion of the truth.

#16 Edited by Mcfart (1552 posts) -

2 reasons why Bronies are mad:

A - They thought that too much focus was on Twilight when she became an alicorn.

B - Toys Toys Toys. Hasbro got to make a bunch of Twilight toys with wings, and at the end of this season the ponies all went Super Sayion, so guess what? MORE TOYS! In other words, toys>storyline.

BTW Don't you think that maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe you're asking the wrong forum this question? Like seriously lol

#17 Edited by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -
@lordandrew said:

She did things no pony should do and needs to be held accountable for her crimes.

See you all next season.

Frankly, what happened this season is exactly what the International Criminalicorn Court was designed for. I sincerely hope Gen. Alicorn Popović Twilight gets what is coming to her.

#18 Posted by DeadpanCakes (802 posts) -

Personally, I don't like how they made her into a vehement racist. I mean, I wasn't even aware there were jewish ponies until this season. The racial slurs and hateful glances just feel feel out of place with how she was in the first few seasons, but I know some fans don't think it's that big of a deal when she rants about "Alicorn Power". I guess I'm just weird.

Yeah... It kind of bugs me too, to be honest. I just tried to avoid bringing it up, because I know how heated the discussions get around these parts when you bring up "Alicorn Power." Though, I guess avoiding the issue may not be the best approach, when I think about it.

#19 Edited by AltonBrown (949 posts) -

I really thought it was unnecessary when Kenshirocorn used the Hokutocorn Zankai-Corn on Spadelight Sparkly. And on another note, has anyone been reading JoJoCorn? That Josuke Higashicornta is a card, ain't he?

#20 Posted by pyromagnestir (4249 posts) -

I hope to god that this is true.

#21 Posted by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

Yeah... It kind of bugs me too, to be honest. I just tried to avoid bringing it up, because I know how heated the discussions get around these parts when you bring up "Alicorn Power." Though, I guess avoiding the issue may not be the best approach, when I think about it.

The only way we'll ever reach anything close to true equality amongst ponies is if we stop sweeping it under the rug and face it head on. I'm glad Alicorn Twilight's recent outbursts in the last season have brought greater notice to the pervasive prejudice which continues to plague Equestria.

#22 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

And what's the deal with airplane food. I mean come on.

They serve food on airplanes!? since when.

#23 Posted by coaxmetal (1579 posts) -

huh?

#24 Edited by UngratefulDead (68 posts) -
#25 Edited by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

I really thought it was unnecessary when Kenshirocorn used the Hokutocorn Zankai-Corn on Spadelight Sparkly. And on another note, has anyone been reading JoJoCorn? That Josuke Higashicornta is a card, ain't he?

Yeah, uh... Raspberry Sparkle Zeppeli really didn't need to remind us ten thousand times that "This is Sendocorn." But at least they're switching things up a bit this season.

#26 Edited by Quarters (1633 posts) -

#27 Edited by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

I hope to god that this is true.

All too true. It surprised many fans, but considering the recent report from the Anti-Defamation League indicating that over 1/4 of all people in the world are antisemitic, I suppose they had to go for what's popular.

#28 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1539 posts) -

Is this an anime, or video game? What is an Alicorn Twilight?

#29 Edited by Haruko (286 posts) -

#30 Posted by ShaggE (6336 posts) -

I think Horseyface McFlapshiny totally undermined Hoofglitter and Holyshitahorseyouguys in the Triannual Horseathon For Horses And Whatnot.

... Or something.

#31 Edited by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

@shagge said:

I think Horseyface McFlapshiny totally undermined Hoofglitter and Holyshitahorseyouguys in the Triannual Horseathon For Horses And Whatnot.

... Or something.

That was last season, @shagge. Come on, get serious... :\

#32 Edited by TheBlue (316 posts) -

#33 Edited by ViciousBearMauling (897 posts) -

What is an Alicorn?

#34 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11485 posts) -

Everything? Sure. I haven't seen the show beyond a few episodes when it was the hot thing, but I'm going to guess everything is wrong with everything.

#35 Posted by ShaggE (6336 posts) -

@shagge said:

... Or something.

That was last season, @shagge. Come on, get serious... :\

... Nay!

#36 Posted by DeadpanCakes (802 posts) -
#37 Edited by Sterling (2084 posts) -
If only this was a PS3 jRPG!

#38 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2311 posts) -

Yeah, fuck those neigh-sayers!

#39 Edited by toots (432 posts) -

I'll tell ya 'bout alicorn twilight sparkle ya sunnava bitch, what that bastard done to me...done to her..

Now I seen a mean pony before but twilight alicorn sparkle...see, my pappy was an alicorn hunter, best one there ever was, but he came on home one day, blood spillin out his guts, tellin me and me n' maw bout a worse, more dangerous kinda alicorn, one with wings, flyin' like a bat, see? Thats all he said before he died, drownin' in his own blood.

I didn't believe 'im, hell, nobody did. We was blind. I spent the last seventeen years lookin'. Lookin' to shoot that bastard sparkle fulla lead fer what it done! Lost my damn shootn' hand and my leg just a-tryin! Now you come in here and ask 'now what's so bad about alicorn twilight sparkle?

well, son, any man here can tell ya, there's plenty 'bad' with that there pony, but I reckon you don't wanna find out.

#40 Posted by President_Barackbar (3438 posts) -

An alicorn...thats like an acorn right?

#41 Edited by EXTomar (4505 posts) -

This thread confuses me so I'll just leave this here: