#1  Edited By Commando
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Commando

For me, it's difficult. I lived on a farm, so I could drive tractors and heavy machinery on the road at 13. I was one of those guys you saw driving a cotton picker down the interstate going 45 MPH with everyone pissed off.

But to drive a car, I got my learner's permit at 15, and got my license at 15 1/2 since about 50 acres of our land goes into Mississippi so since we payed land taxes in both Alabama and Mississippi I am a resident of both states, even though I consider myself a resident of Alabama. For most people in Alabama, you get your learner's permit at 15, and your license at 16, but for me and maybe 5 other people I went to high school with, we got our permit at 15 and our license at 15 1/2 since we're residents of Mississippi.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ParanoidFreak

You have to wait until your 16 where I live.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArchScabby

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By dr_nefarious

I live in Katy, Texas and the age for a driver's license is 16. But to get a permit you have to be 15.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By c1337us

In Australia you can get your learners permit when you are 16 yrs 9 mths. You then have to maintain a log book and accumulate I think its 150 driving hours with a fully licensed driver who doesnt have a driving offense. Then after you complete that and pass your practical exams you have to complete so many years of being a probationary driver I think its like 2 years where you have added restrictions on your license before you become a fully licensed driver. Its been a long time since I went through all that so some of those facts likely changed a little and tvary slightly depending on what state you do it on. But the general rule applies.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

c1337us said:
"In Australia you can get your learners permit when you are 16 yrs 9 mths. You then have to maintain a log book and accumulate I think its 150 driving hours with a fully licensed driver who doesnt have a driving offense. Then after you complete that and pass your practical exams you have to complete so many years of being a probationary driver I think its like 2 years where you have added restrictions on your license before you become a fully licensed driver. Its been a long time since I went through all that so some of those facts likely changed a little and tvary slightly depending on what state you do it on. But the general rule applies."
........Holy shit. It's 16 where I live btw...
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Black_Rose

Venezuela. 18.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karmum

16 for learner's permit, and 17 for license. Nearly a week away before I can qualify for my learner's permit -- awesome.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By CL60

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By CoolDrMoney

16 for Permit, 16 1/2 for license.

I didn't get my license until I was 18 though

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Pkshields

17 Over here in Northern Ireland, about to start learning myself, 1/2 a year late.

Nat3TheGreat13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Nat3TheGreat13

16 here in michigan

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BrickRoad

17 in the good ol' U of K.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Endogene

The idea of having 16 year olds driving cars (without any limit) scares the living hell out of me.

16 here for a co-driver license which means you must have someone with an drivers license next to you, 18 for the normal license. Also maximum speed is a bit more limited for the first 2 years you get your license. Its a bit different for cycles at the age of 13 (yes 13) you can get a licence for a 50cc bike, you can get a license to drive a 125 cc at the age of 16, a license to drive up to 25Kw motor cylcles when you are 18 then at the age of 21 you can get the limitless licence (or if you got your licence at the age of 18 you will automaticly get your limitless lisence at 20).

Nicholasotzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nicholasotzs

You can get your license in Nashville at 16. It's ridiculous.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By mracoon

In the UK the age is 17 for your full licensee but you can get your provisional one at 16.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's 17 here, but if I was in charge I'd make it 21. It's stupid to allow immature teenagers to drive cars. Even 21 is pushing it. Young people just aren't mature enough to control a car safely. They are dangerous machines, and you hear horror stories on the news of young people driving too fast, crashing and killing themselves, everyone in their car, and sometimes other innocent drivers/pedestrians. Just stop them from driving.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By mracoon
MattyFTM said:
"It's 17 here, but if I was in charge I'd make it 21. It's stupid to allow immature teenagers to drive cars. Even 21 is pushing it. Young people just aren't mature enough to control a car safely. They are dangerous machines, and you hear horror stories on the news of young people driving too fast, crashing and killing themselves, everyone in their car, and sometimes other innocent drivers/pedestrians. Just stop them from driving."
Most young people can't even afford to drive because insurance is so expensive for under-21s. I think the age limit should stay the same as if you've passed your test then you deserve to drive but maybe they should make the test harder so that you don't get people who clearly can't drive getting a license.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By animateria

Don't remember, been a while since I got my license and the law changed or something I think.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#21  Edited By Vinchenzo

16 in Illinois.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points