What's the dumbest thing a teacher ever did to you?

• 109 results
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

So guys what's the dumbest thing a teacher ever did to you? For me it would have to be my grade 10 science teacher kicking me out because I smelled like smoke... For one thing I don't smoke, had to walk by some smokers on my way back from lunch, and even if I did who cares what I smell like? In the end my parents were called, they told the principal it was a non issue, I got sent back to class and hated that teacher the rest of the school year. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I don't think a teacher has ever done anything stupid to me.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SlightConfuse

in 7th grade i was a witness to fight but some how had to spend the day in another classroom. i did nothing but give a testimony and got a day off form class. 

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By matpaget

I've done a lot of stupid shit to teachers but one teacher has said to me "Because of what you said I have trouble sleeping!"
 Wanna know what I said?
She asked "Where did you come from?" (because I transferred into her class)
And well I thought that was stupid so I said "A cave"

And that is why she had troubles sleeping.

That's actually dumb. The definition of dumb.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By audiosnag

Touched me in my no no place and got me to keep quiet with a bag of Doritos.
I woulda kept quiet for way less then that...what a dummy.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By NathHaw

My fourth grade teacher shoved dirt into my mouth.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RE_Player1
@Bloviator: May I ask why? 
WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WickedFather

Female biology teacher asked me if I wanted a sweet when we did this carnival float thing, I said yes and put out my hand but she put it my mouth and left her finger there for a length of time that was a bit... weird.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NathHaw
@RE_Player92: 

We were all wrestling with the teacher on the playground, and somebody shoved dirt into her mouth.  When we got back to class she tried to question everybody to see why somebody did that, but nobody would confess; I still don't know who did it.  After a while of questioning, she asked if somebody would like for her to shove dirt into his mouth.  Being the pretentious 10 year old I was, I said that I would like for her to do that, because I knew that would get a laugh from the class.  She took me outside and grabbed a clod of dirt and grass from the ground and shoved it right in my mouth.  I deserved it, and she's still one of my favorite teachers I've ever had to this day.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RE_Player1
@WickedFather said:
" Female biology teacher asked me if I wanted a sweet when we did this carnival float thing, I said yes and put out my hand but she put it my mouth and left her finger there for a length of time that was a bit... weird. "
Was she at least somewhat attractive :P
WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WickedFather
@RE_Player92 said:
" @WickedFather said:
" Female biology teacher asked me if I wanted a sweet when we did this carnival float thing, I said yes and put out my hand but she put it my mouth and left her finger there for a length of time that was a bit... weird. "
Was she at least somewhat attractive :P "
She wasn't beautiful but a fair few boys had a thing for her.  I didn't fancy her at the time but that memory isn't one I don't want to have.
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NathHaw
@WickedFather: 

Our high school biology teacher was really good looking...like good enough to be a model in a Sears catalog at least.  We talked about her a lot.  Mrs. Geltmaker she was, and her daughters...well....
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Dany

i was making a left hand turn in drivers ed and the teacher yelled stop in the middle of the road so I did, i looked at him and saw a car coming at us from the side, he saw the car after me and yelled go dammit. He then continued to yell at me even though he made a mistake

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By B0nd07

It was taco day way back in elementary school, maybe third grade.  I was sitting at the end of the table next to the line to get food.  A friend bumped me, sending the filling airborne.  A teacher in line (might have been next to me) wrote me up for throwing food without even letting me explain what happened.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By matpaget
@Bloviator: 
If I had a nickel for every time a hot teacher came onto me... well I'd have a nickel.
This one teacher gave me a detention and when her and I were in class alone she said "Would you like some hot chocolate?"
and I was like "Err... no" and she was like "Are you sure?" and gave me a little seductive smile and one eyebrow raise. 

I was quite young and told all my buddies I got hit on by the hot teacher. Today I still like to think she was hitting on me because if I ever see her in public I'm going to hit on her. No joke. Balls out. Aw yeah.

but I've had a lot of teachers I've fancied.
Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Cramsy
@Bloviator said:
" @RE_Player92:   We were all wrestling with the teacher on the playground, and somebody shoved dirt into her mouth.  When we got back to class she tried to question everybody to see why somebody did that, but nobody would confess; I still don't know who did it.  After a while of questioning, she asked if somebody would like for her to shove dirt into his mouth.  Being the pretentious 10 year old I was, I said that I would like for her to do that, because I knew that would get a laugh from the class.  She took me outside and grabbed a clod of dirt and grass from the ground and shoved it right in my mouth.  I deserved it, and she's still one of my favorite teachers I've ever had to this day. "
You sound as dumb as the teacher.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By wrighteous86

Asked me to wait for her until I was 18.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By beej

College professor that I almost had sent out an email halfway through spring break telling us what the required reading was, that we needed to have half of one of the books read by the time class started in 3 days, and that he hadn't ordered any of them at the bookstore so we had to find a way to get them ourselves. Needless to say I dropped the class.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gamefreak9

This does not quite fall into the dumb category, but during a general meeting, there was only this ONE english teacher, and he told ALL the students in the grade. 
 "As you may or may not know, the school pays only moderate amounts of money to its staff, now, if you all chip in and give me 50 dollar each, i will give you all the exam question. If someone individually pays me 400 dollars i will write our essay for you." I think the grade was like 120 kids. Bad right? :P 

I heard the same guy actually say something like "teaching is BS" with some other teacher, in an in depth discussion about how stupid teenagers are :p. 

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stete

My english teacher wouldn't let me in her class for two weeks unless I apologised to her about an offensive essay that I wrote. She even faxed it to my parents. My parents found the essay most amusing.

Oh and the title was "My ideal partner". I guess I was a bit TOO honest.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By KaosAngel

Hit on me when I was in middle school, I didn't mind.   

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Back in the 6th grade my school had a policy where if you missed two or more homework assignments in a week you would get a detention. My 6th grade teacher was bipolar (and honestly, that's putting it lightly, she was borderline abusive at times) and noticed on the previous night's math assignment that all but one kid had done this one problem the wrong way. Rather than address the issue by helping us figure out the problem, she blamed us for being lazy and not wanting to look in the back of the book for a solution (we were fuckin 12, as if we gave a shit). She counted it against all of us as failure to complete the assignment despite the fact that we had all completed the rest of the problems. 

Then when I was in 8th grade we used to hang out in the schoolyard before the bell rang to start classes. One day we were hanging out there and it started to (barely) rain. I mean like barely. We didn't want to go inside and so we just stood out there until the bell rang, despite teacher's desperate pleas for us to come in. We got detention for it, and it wasn't really "dumb" on their part, but I thought it was kind of funny.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By damswedon

Not to me but My last year Physics teacher bet my friend £50 that he could get his finger closer to a yellow Bunsen flame. Little did he know my friend had barely any sense of pain in his fingers on his right hand. The teacher put his finger to the side was smugly claiming a victory when my friend put his finger in the middle of the flame held it there for about 5 seconds and got his £50.

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By danimal_furry

In seventh grade I had a social studies teacher who spent an entire week lecturing the class on why we were all going to die in the First Gulf War. I was freaking scared. As I got older, I learned what a retarded political idiot that teacher was, and I realized there are complete jerks who look for every opportunity to squeeze their political views and fears into the youth of the world. That garbage has no business happening in school.    

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thegoldencat7

Told me I'd spelt "mountain" wrong. Apparently its spelt mountin. We had to colour in the right spelling, and this formed a picture of a chicken. Ended up with a pretty deformed looking chicken when she forced me to correct it. About 15 years ago now, but you remember these things.
TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoLines

My history teacher insisted that the whole class should change their shoes to clean ones (even though they weren't dirty, we've already changed our shoes when entering the school) when entering her class. 

I didn't bring my shoes once, and was forced to buy shoe covers from her in order to enter the class. 

Also, you weren't suppose to enter her class while wearing a backpack, you had to hold that backpack in your hand.
Cause... y'know... the door frame could get dirty.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fajita_Jim
3rd grade, Mrs. Ozar asked if anyone knew what the closest star was, I said 'The Sun'. She said I was wrong, the sun isn't a star. I said '
Proxima Centauri' and she said I was wrong because Venus is the closest, brightest star. I said "Venus is a planet' she said 'No' so I excused myself to the library and returned with a few materials.

I then got in trouble for 'undermining teaching authority'.

WTF.
McGriddle550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By McGriddle550

My teacher pulled me out of class to tell me i was terrible person and wasn't going make anything of myself, probably the perfect thing to say to a 7th grader. 

p.s. also i didn't do anything she just pulled me out of class for nothing

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By melcene

The dumbest thing a teacher ever did to me was my 7th grade teacher teaching me (and the rest of the class) sign language.  That made cheating SO much easier.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HaltIamReptar

One time I asked a teacher if she could make a copy of something on an overhead sheet for me.

I said, "May I ask you a question please, Ms. Bohan."

She said, "About my anatomy?"

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#31  Edited By donutfever
@Fajita_Jim said:
" 3rd grade, Mrs. Ozar asked if anyone knew what the closest star was, I said 'The Sun'. She said I was wrong, the sun isn't a star. I said ' Proxima Centauri' and she said I was wrong because Venus is the closest, brightest star. I said "Venus is a planet' she said 'No' so I excused myself to the library and returned with a few materials.  I then got in trouble for 'undermining teaching authority'.  WTF. "
Shiiiiit.
mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mshaw006

My third grade teacher told me that 'isle' wasn't a word. She also told my friend that a googolplex wasn't a number.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Told the class it was pronounced 'Kak-a-phony'. Dumb bitch.

___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ___pocalypse

I had a professor in college who was teaching a sociology class, and the very first day she singled out all like, five, of the white kids, told them they were stupid, ignorant and privileged, and attacked them if they tried to defend themselves. I transferred to a different class because hostile learning environments aren't really worth my zillions of dollars. IDK if it was part of her plan to raise racial awareness ("See? Do you see what it's like, white kids? I'm treating you all collectively as dumb and/or incapable! Huh huh??") but man, whatever. It was like a 300 level class, the students had to have taken sociology classes before to even be there. The professor I ended up with was super awesome, though. 

I also had a professor who got my name wrong the entire quarter (by the end he was calling me "nikki" which is just so many letters away from my name) who insinuated that everything one of the outwardly gay students said was "kinky" in some way, and would make a big deal out of embarrassing the kid. Uh no, dude, he was just making a general and accurate observation about the reading? That guy was also obsessed with femme fatale archetypes and any time you tried to write an essay on anything else you'd get a lower grade. Creepy. 

I remember an art teacher once made my big brother clean the boy's bathroom with a toothbrush in middle school though, a science teacher who called up my 11 year old friend at home to "chat" (he got fired later) and a few teachers prone to throwing chairs or berating students for no reason. I had some lazy teachers, and some dickish teachers, but meh. Most of them were pretty great.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RE_Player1
@___pocalypse: Yeah I'd say most of the teachers I knew did their job but you always remember the crazy, lazy, and idiotic ones. 
plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By plop1920

2nd grade teacher told us that the sun was the biggest star in the universe

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By Bigheart711

One teacher in my middle school years kicked me out of the room because she thought I was in an argument with another student. I went to the assembly with my next class that day, but the cunt had (tried to) explain why I got kicked out for the day. I bet she'd look dumb after finding out that I graduated one day. :P

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By Ravenousrattler

giving me detention for skipping gym on finals day when thats the only one i had that day.Yeah i should show up to school so i can just run around for an hour.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AlexW00d

The deputy head of my high school excluded me, on the LAST DAY. for taking down a sign with a picture of a Tie and wearing it where my Tie was. He proceeded to wring my mother and explain why he was excluding me, and she told him he was being stupid and I should just put them back. Even the actual Head though he was being stupid, but I got to to home real early so i didn't really care.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HaltIamReptar
@___pocalypse said:
 a science teacher who called up my 11 year old friend at home to "chat" (he got fired later)
I once had my Physics teacher go to my house to pick-up a take-home test.  I still talk to him on Facebook.
supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By supermonkey122

In my school district we didn't have Cloumbus Day off but we had the Jewish holidays off (like Yom Kippur) even though most people in the school weren't jewish.  It was Clombus Day and we were talking about the history of Christopher Coloumbus and I asked the teacher why we didn't have off that day when all the other towns in my state did.  She said "Because we live in a very diverse town and not all people are from America here."  I replied "Then why do we have the Jewish holidays off?"  She didn't answer.  Not really stupid but I wanted to share it.
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I had this extremely perverted history teacher in highschool. He would constantly put on a movie for the whole class period just so he didn't have to teach. During that time, he got on his computer in front of the classroom (that was right by the projector screen and facing the class mind you) to look up hardcore porn. But that's still nothing...

One day, he put on a slide show for the entire class. Halfway through the class, about 90% of the people were asleep. Suddenly, he gets to a slide of a naked African woman. He gets flustered and tries to hurry and skip past it, but the entire reel is practically all these naked slides.  It wouldn't be THAT weird really if it wasn't for the fact, THEY WERE IN POSES ON HIS BED. And I fucking kid you not, after he tries to skip past a few of them, he realizes that there is more than just a few slides so he starts slowing down and explaining the story of each girl and telling us where he met them and all that. Keep in mind he could've easily took the reel off during all this, but I guess he was just so embarrassed that he wasn't thinking straight or something.

He didn't come back next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrimeSynergy: Holy Shit 

He sounds awesome.... 

just kidding he sounds horrible...
Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kjellm87

Can't remember anything special, it is a good while since I had one after all.

That being said, I wouldn't trash talk school teachers, those people don't get nearly enough paid for what they do.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HaltIamReptar
@PrimeSynergy said:
He would constantly put on a movie for the whole class period just so he didn't have to teach
I had an English teacher that would do that when she was hung over.
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Aronman789

They used to reward us with little pieces of paper that served as money for the school store if we were good. 
I only ever got one, with the teacher's phone number on the back. 
She was fired a couple days later, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one to get one.

PaulRevere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PaulRevere

My 8th grade English teacher accused me of trying to give the school network a virus because I brought my paper in on a floppy (yeah, I know) to print out at school. She made me retype the entire 5 page paper by the end of the day when already half the day was over. She also refused to return the floppy which had other, more important, stuff on it. She is the bitchiest bitch I have ever met.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By Gerhabio
@RE_Player92: What a piece of shit asshole. 

For me it has to be at the end of 10th grade. I had to collect a summer assignment instruction paper from my soon to be 11th grade AP English Language teacher. A friend of mine had family matters to attend to and could not go so she asked me if I could get one for her too. 
I got mine and then asked for another for my friend but he wouldn't give it to me because "If you're friend was serious about this class she would come herself, AP is for committed students willing to make compromises". I told him not to be silly and to have some goddamn human dignity. He yelled at me and called me a "bozo" in front of bunch of girls. 

Fuck that guy, I should have keyed his car.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50  Edited By crusader8463

I bought a pair of really cool looking handcuffs at some novelty store and brought them to school to show off. One of my teachers saw me put them in my desk and he took them from me. That's it. I wasn't disrupting class, I wasn't handcuffing people to things I just took it from my pocket to put in my desk because they cut into my side when I sat down. He just took them and never gave them back. Never gave me a reason, just grabbed them and that was it. Hated that guy. 

@Aronman789 said:

" They used to reward us with little pieces of paper that served as money for the school store if we were good. I only ever got one, with the teacher's phone number on the back. She was fired a couple days later, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one to get one. "

Why did I never go to schools with teachers like these? Other then one substitute we always got, all of our lady teachers were always short fat old ladies in the 50's-60's.