• 195 results
#1 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

We all ate something that was just nasty. I'm sure some foods was so bad that it made you throw up. Please tell us what are some disgusting food you ate.

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (16006 posts) -

I tend to not eat something if I find it nasty. Common sense, I would think. Thus I can't think of intentionally or even accidentally eating something really nasty.

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Grape juice...

#4 Posted by theANCIENTgray (78 posts) -

The worst thing that people claim I ate was scorpion.

I haven't run into anything I've particularly disliked sans rotten or really plain food. My palette has grown considerably as I've gotten older.

#5 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@theANCIENTgray said:

I haven't run into anything I've particularly disliked sans rotten or really plain food. My palette has grown considerably as I've gotten older.

You really ate a scorpion? Wow.

#6 Posted by gaminghooligan (1464 posts) -

get ready. rocky mountain oysters... lost a bet my freshmen year of college. Even deep fried in batter it was still awful.

#7 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@gaminghooligan said:

get ready. rocky mountain oysters... lost a bet my freshmen year of college. Even deep fried in batter it was still awful.

That sounds nasty I would hate to eat that stuff.

#8 Posted by theANCIENTgray (78 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@theANCIENTgray said:

You really ate a scorpion? Wow.

I should clarify. It wasn't cooked. It was one of those dried out ones they stick in lollipops. You can get them all over the place. I wouldn't be opposed to trying cooked scorpion though.

#9 Posted by gaminghooligan (1464 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@gaminghooligan said:

That sounds nasty I would hate to eat that stuff.

yep it sucked. strategy was to get real real drunk, which helped some. Worst bet I have ever made.

#10 Posted by Sackmanjones (4739 posts) -

Your on a roll today with these threads! Anyway the worst thing I've eaten is... Idk liver maybe?

#11 Posted by 49th (2783 posts) -

I had the worst steak ever at this pub up north. It was the most thin, grisly piece of shit and I swear they boiled it in water or something because it was so tasteless but tough as hell and served with almost raw potato.

#12 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

Your on a roll today with these threads! Anyway the worst thing I've eaten is... Idk liver maybe?

I know right? LOL! Thanks Man...

#13 Posted by Sackmanjones (4739 posts) -
@theANCIENTgray

I didn't eat scorpion but I would agree that my palette has increased with age as well. I used to look at sushi and be disgusted but now I love the damn stuff and am open to try almost any kind
#14 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

I had bull's penis before when I was visiting some relatives in China once. It's actually not bad.

#15 Posted by DreadMorrison (68 posts) -

A bull's testicle, cut in half, cleaned up, and charcoal grilled. Didn't taste that bad, but I felt weird as hell. Being drunk helped.

#16 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Snails were pretty bad.

#17 Posted by gaminghooligan (1464 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: same. used to be horrified at the thought of eating sushi, now I get it for lunch like every other week

#18 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

I had bull's penis before when I was visiting some relatives in China once. It's actually not bad.

Holy Shit.. that reminded me of bizarre foods where that guy ate a penis.

#19 Posted by Lagaroth (171 posts) -

Mole. (The Mexican sauce, not the digging animal.) I don't know what they put in it, but they totally coated the plate in it and ruined my dinner.

#20 Edited by LD50 (415 posts) -

You're using the word "food", so I guess you mean on purpose. Much better thread btw.

I have eaten quail before. Had to pick out the shotgun BBs.

#21 Posted by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

Golden Corral

#22 Posted by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

I love sushi so I ordered urchin the last time we went. The texture and taste was so nasty I immediately went to the restroom and spit it out.

#23 Posted by nate6858 (165 posts) -

I had grilled eel several years ago that was pretty disgusting. One side still had the skin on it, and the consistency was similar to rubber cement.

#24 Edited by Samael2138 (233 posts) -

Here in Texas we have a little delicacy known as Head Cheese. You take the head of a cow, and scrape off all the flesh and reduce it down to a jelly. You then eat it cold with crackers. You usually throw in a cleaned and scraped hoof so it has some gelatin in it. I ate some when I was a kid. It was fucking gross, to say the least.

#25 Edited by mtcantor (948 posts) -
#26 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@Samael2138 said:

Here in Texas we have a little delicacy known as Head Cheese. You take the head of a cow, and scrape of all the flesh and reduce it down to a jelly. You then eat it cold with crackers. You usually throw in a cleaned and scraped hoof so it has some gelatin in it. I ate some when I was a kid. It was fucking gross, to say the least.

O god that sounds disgusting.

#27 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

@falserelic: Ahah, yeah I know of those places but I've never been to unfortunately but if you ever come across a chance to eat whatever animal genitals you should always give a shot since the taste and texture of it is rather unique. I've also eaten snake, bird's nest soup and shark fin before too. While they do taste nice I've gone off them due to rather unethical practices. Except for snakes though, they're still plentiful and snake's blood mixed with a strong alcohol isn't too bad.

#28 Posted by Samael2138 (233 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@Samael2138 said:

Here in Texas we have a little delicacy known as Head Cheese. You take the head of a cow, and scrape of all the flesh and reduce it down to a jelly. You then eat it cold with crackers. You usually throw in a cleaned and scraped hoof so it has some gelatin in it. I ate some when I was a kid. It was fucking gross, to say the least.

O god that sounds disgusting.

It is. Really disgusting. Fo Sho!

#29 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

i think octopus at least i think thats what it was, at some weird japanese restaurant. they had alot of weird shit on the menu.

#30 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@Clonedzero said:

i think octopus at least i think thats what it was, at some weird japanese restaurant. they had alot of weird shit on the menu.

My friend imported Korean fried octopus tentacles and gave me some. It smelled like death and tasted like ass. I almost passed out from eating it.

#31 Edited by falserelic (5464 posts) -

Food poisoning is one of the worse things to happen to me.

#32 Posted by CaLe (4018 posts) -

Octopus.

#33 Posted by kumquat (128 posts) -

Fried silk worms.

They tasted like what I'd imagine a turd rolled around in the dirt would taste like.

#34 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@falserelic said:

@Clonedzero said:

My friend imported Korean fried octopus tentacles and gave me some. It smelled like death and tasted like ass. I almost passed out from eating it.

Have you ever watched the movie Oldboy? The guy eats a LIVING OCTOPUS in the movie. And he had to make that scene THREE TIMES.
#35 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@falserelic said:

@Clonedzero said:

Have you ever watched the movie Oldboy? The guy eats a LIVING OCTOPUS in the movie. And he had to make that scene THREE TIMES.

You mean this..

After watching that I don't think I want to see the movie. That was just nasty...

#36 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@falserelic: It is one of the BEST MOVIES I'VE EVER SAW. Do yourself a favor and watch it, the ending will make you speechless.
#37 Posted by SockemJetpack (408 posts) -

Quiche. My girlfriend in high school wanted to cook me something one weekend. She made a big deal about how good she is at making quiche and I had never tried it. She made it. I tried it. I almost puked.

She was looking at me expectantly and I forced a smile and said "Mmm yeah that's good" She seemed satisfied and sat down to dig into her own slice. After she had a bite her expression changed. She looked at me and said "I think I messed up. This tastes like shit"

#38 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@falserelic: It is one of the BEST MOVIES I'VE EVER SAW. Do yourself a favor and watch it, the ending will make you speechless.

Well at the moment I was going to get something to eat, but lost my apatite. I can't even drink any coffee right now after watching that vid. But I will check the movie out.

#39 Posted by mikethekilla (328 posts) -

Chitterlings are gross I've also never cared for Hog head cheese

#40 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

absolutely, Old Boy, i watched on accident. i misclicked it on netflix one day and i was so bored i just kept watching it. but it completely blew me away. the version i saw had english dubs, so that was alittle goofy at times, but damn was it good.

#41 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3196 posts) -

Mole sauce is the worst I've had. In terms of gross food that I like I've eaten a lot of pig testicles.

#42 Edited by falserelic (5464 posts) -

You never want to eat out of places like this.

#43 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Are you using some kind of upgraded version of Giantbomb forum thread generator?

#44 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Steak that was raw rather than rare (e.g. cold) if we are talking about things that were still fully consumed. I generally will not eat anything that is actually completely disgusting though.

#45 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

Camped with a nomadic family in Mongolia. I will include everything they fed me as the worst things I have ever eaten. Truly, truly awful food. And I had to eat all of it so I didn't come across as rude or ungrateful.

#46 Posted by matti00 (674 posts) -

Sea urchin. It tasted like someone spat a massive loogie in my mouth.

#47 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

Are you using some kind of upgraded version of Giantbomb forum thread generator?

Nope, just my brain cells..

#48 Edited by Klei (1768 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@MikeGosot said:

@falserelic said:

@Clonedzero said:

You mean this..

After watching that I don't think I want to see the movie. That was just nasty...

Call me weird, but if a human have the disrespect to harm and eat a live animal, then I'd like to see it the other way round. Put that guy in a tank with an angry, over-sized octopus who hasn't eaten in days. And don't give me that '' its okay to kill to feed '' bullshit. They could have the decency of killing it before hand. This is just wrong.

P.S. : I'm not talking directly about this movie in particular, but the other youtube videos linked at the end of it where people chew on live octopus with giggles and laughter.

#49 Posted by Lobster_Ear (285 posts) -

Eggs.

#50 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

@Klei said:

@falserelic said:

@MikeGosot said:

@falserelic said:

@Clonedzero said:

You mean this..

Call me weird, but if a human have the disrespect to harm and eat a live animal, then I'd like to see it the other way round. Put that guy in a tank with an angry, over-sized octopus who hasn't eaten in days. And don't give me that '' its okay to kill to feed '' bullshit. They could have the decency of killing it before hand. This is just wrong.

P.S. : I'm not talking directly about this movie in particular, but the other youtube videos linked at the end of it where people chew on live octopus with giggles and laughter.

I agree. I wouldn't want to be eaten alive either.