• 116 results
#1 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I haven't bought nothing to expensive. But me being curious as always what about you. Name something that you bought that was of high value, and was it worth it?

#2 Posted by EuanDewar (5101 posts) -

White Leather boots for a LOT of money. Worth every penny, they look rad as fuck doe

#3 Posted by _Chad (960 posts) -

Probably my truck from my grandpa for 3000

#4 Posted by EuanDewar (5101 posts) -

Oh wait yeah I've got guitars and amps and keyboards haven't I, I guess them then

#5 Posted by Vexxan (4614 posts) -

My first computer.

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Parts to build my gaming PC last year which amounted to about $1,100. If you're asking for a single item, it was probably my First Edition Bundle Vita for $300.

#7 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Things that I've bought, or things bought on my behalf? The most expensive thing that I've bought is a year of university for about 8 grand.

#8 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

Trip to Barcelona for two.

#9 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -

A uni course - $40,000.

#10 Posted by Quipido (658 posts) -

Yamaha electric drum set.

#11 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I hope one day I can get a good job. There's so much stuff I want to buy.

#12 Posted by SharkEthic (1064 posts) -

Just spend around $330,000 on a house, totally worth it.

#13 Posted by Progman9000 (258 posts) -

College
My car
My most recent Guitar

#14 Posted by kalibr (120 posts) -

If I count paying over time then my Impreza but the most expensive all at once item was prob my PC for about 1400

#15 Posted by TobbRobb (4848 posts) -

If you count the my PC as one single entity, then that is by far the most expensive, but i put it together piece by piece, and I don't think any component was ever more expensive than my 360... That I can remember at least.

#16 Posted by Levius (1230 posts) -

I guess each year of university for £3200, out of material goods its an Alienware Mx11, which needs to be repaired for the third time in two years :-( .

#17 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

That's easy, my house is the most expensive thing I've bought. 

#18 Posted by Cheesebob (1249 posts) -

£345 of clothes

#19 Edited by theguy (797 posts) -

My bike

Edit: Actually that was bought for me so I guess my gaming rig.

#20 Posted by BradBrains (1179 posts) -

my imac with a warranty for $2100ish

#21 Posted by g6065 (275 posts) -

My first wife.

#22 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (435 posts) -

My car - $2000

#23 Posted by UltorOscariot (194 posts) -

My wife and I were tired of having money, so we bought a house a few weeks ago. Renovating a kitchen mostly late 60's/early 70's kitchen and replacing 80's windows is a quick way to spend more still.

#24 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@g6065 said:

My first wife.

I can only imagine.

#25 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

My bass for about £600

#26 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

physical purchase is my macbook pro for $1200

otherwise college loans takes the cake

#27 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

I bought a nice looking guitar back when i was a young adult for £500, its not the most expensive thing i ever bought considering my PC that i have was £700 but it was definitely my most frivolous expensive item, It looked good but it sounded like complete shit, I learned my lesson about being a hipster douchebag that day, just because something is hand made and from a small company doesnt mean its actually good. I thought i was the bees knees when i got it too.

#28 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

My house

#29 Edited by Red12b (9085 posts) -

@EVO said:

A uni course - $40,000.

Yeah...that' do it, what are you studying man? hope it's worth it

@ZeForgotten said:

That's easy, my house is the most expensive thing I've bought.

Yeah, i'm of the fence going down that road, I've got enough to either commit myself to getting a house and then being able to do it up and flick it off later with an increase in value, or, I can go on an OE, which is probably what I'm going to do, I've got around 25'000 dollars if I wanted to get a house and of that If I were to go on my OE for around 2 years I have 14k now with an aim to have at least 20k by this time next year

Biggest purchase I'd have made so far would be my 3rd car, 1st being a 1986 honda civic hatchback my dad gave to me, I had it for 3 months before it shat itself and wasn't worth repair,

Next car was a Holden (Vauxhall) Vectra (An absolute lemon of a car I was to find out)

And the Car I bought with trade of the Vectra with 6 grand his way so around about $10'000 at the time was a Mitsi Legnum the car from my avatar, I had to sell it 2 years later when I was made redundant and couldn't afford it anymore, that was back in 2008 I've had two cars since then with the one I'm driving now a legnum as well, but, it just ain't the same, which is a massive pity and a total waste of money....

#30 Posted by pekarn (86 posts) -

My apartment. After that I guess my old Alienware laptop.

#31 Posted by Bell_End (1203 posts) -

i have an idea for your next thread... why not ask people what the last thing they bought was.

#32 Posted by Svenzon (730 posts) -

A computer for ~12 000 SEK.

#33 Posted by YoThatLimp (1938 posts) -

My Car at around $24K. Since I have a car payment, I don't know if it counts.

I think when I bought my TV is was around $1500? My IRS bill last year was 7K$, I technically bought my freedom?

#34 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

i have an idea for your next thread... why not ask people what the last thing they bought was.

I already have something else in mind. But thanks for the suggestion.

#35 Posted by psylah (2185 posts) -

I bought a project car to work on, for about 8k. It was running and needed some finishing engine work to have it running at 100%.

That was over a year ago and I haven't really had any work done on it since. Maybe I'll turn around and sell it.

#36 Posted by CannonGoose (373 posts) -

About 1500 bones for an iMac last year.

#37 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Alot of you guys must makes some good well deserved money.

#38 Posted by Roger_Klotz (795 posts) -

College education.

#39 Posted by MoseSSesoM (235 posts) -

My car.

#40 Posted by Hairy_Fish (366 posts) -

PS3. I think it was around 450 euro at the time.

#41 Edited by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

My car. 8 g's

#42 Posted by sixpin (1309 posts) -

Jumping in with the other duders that said, "my house." Same here.

#43 Posted by Ares42 (2797 posts) -

Sort of a "duh" question once you reach a certain age :P but ye, like several others have said, my home (apartment).

#44 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

My Macbook for about $2500.

#45 Posted by ToTheNines (839 posts) -

My apartment.

#46 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Yeah having a house got to be expensive. The only way I see myself buying a house will only be to raise a family.

#47 Posted by RPGee (763 posts) -

Considering my age, it was my car. I didn't pay for all of it, but it was still $7000 out my own pocket, which was essentially all of my money bar a couple hundo.

#48 Posted by golguin (4052 posts) -

My car around 6 years ago for about $5,000. Basically bought it for school (had driven my parents' car) to do a one hour commute back and forth for those 6 years. I don't do such a long commute anymore so I hope it'll last me another good long while.

#49 Posted by Captain_Insano (1564 posts) -

My house.

#50 Posted by Lysergica33 (542 posts) -

Quite a few ridiculously expensive things. Being a musician'll do that to you if you want anything quality. £1500 for one of the most beautiful sounding drum kits to ever grace my ears is probably the most expensive singular purchase I've ever made.