What's the nerdiest thing you've ever done?

AZ123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AZ123

When I was sixteen years old, I went alone to the movie theater on a Saturday at noontime for a showing of the Yu-Gi-Oh movie. Not only did I get a student discount for being in high school, but I also got a free promo "Pyramid of Light" Trap Card. To top it all off, I was by myself in the theater until these two moms, each with a son, walked in late during the movie.

I've done other things, but that story is a winner in my book.

How about you?

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PercyChuggs

I once got my 2 baby mommas to take my stupid kids to this dumb anime movie.

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By alsnuts2

Posting on a Video game forum is pretty much me surrendering to my nerdy fate.

I was seeing a girl a few years ago and I really liked her and I tried to get her to Watch Cowboy Bebop.... she got a "Real" Boyfriend soon after... She probably made a smart shoice

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PowerSerj
@AZ123 said:
" When I was sixteen years old, I went alone to the movie theater on a Saturday at noontime for a showing of the Yu-Gi-Oh movie. Not only did I get a student discount for being in high school, but I also got a free promo "Pyramid of Light" Trap Card. To top it all off, I was by myself in the theater until these two moms, each with a son, walked in late during the movie."
That's badass. Anything for Yu-Gi-Oh!, brother.
spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5  Edited By spiceninja

Read novels based on super heroes for school book reports.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spike94
@alsnuts2 said:
"Posting on a Video game forum is pretty much me surrendering to my nerdy fate.I was seeing a girl a few years ago and I really liked her and I tried to get her to Watch Cowboy Bebop.... she got a "Real" Boyfriend soon after... She probably made a smart shoice"

Ha! xD Don't put yourself down so much though!

As for the nerdest thing I have ever done...hmm...I really can't think of anything that rediculously stands out...I mean don't get me wrong, I am a nerd, and have done plenty of nerdy acts. I guess I'll name one...I made (and still have and use) a list of video games to check out or buy and stuff.
"Posting on a Video game forum is pretty much me surrendering to my nerdy fate." That too :D
EDIT: OOH, OOH. Got another. I watch some anime online...o.O I may watch up to three or so episodes of a particular show in just one sitting.
Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spike94

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

"Read novels based on super heroes for school book reports."

*Applause* That's awesome. Super, super nerdy, but so, so awesome.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

Made out with a Neko Chick at an Anime event I was forced to go to with a friend.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Choosing computer science as a major.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By toowalrus

Whenever I'm with my extended family, I end up arguing with my cousins over what MMO is best. I play WoW, he plays PSU, and she plays FFXI.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By iam3green

post on a video game forum :D

i have to say waited in line for GTA san andreas. really only thing i can think of that was nerdy.

your story is pretty badass. i went to see the movie with a friend of mine. i felt kind of weird seeing as there were a lot of kids in the theater. i use to watch that show all the time. i didn't get into the card game though. i don't get the newer episodes, that are on cartoon network. yogi isn't in the show. the other day i was watching it and they were dueling on like tron bikes.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stang

The fact I have 800 posts here speaks volumes!

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By 71Ranchero

I have said 'lol" in real life.

Kajaah117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kajaah117

Being myself.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By gingertastic_10

I'll have to go with what Stang said.

Also this seems right for this forum.

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Disengage

Graduated high school and 2.5 years of college without getting laid.

retwakm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By retwakm
@Stang said:
" The fact I have 800 posts here speaks volumes! "
the fact i have 20 posts speaks volumes. ( 21 now lol )
@Disengage said:
" Graduated high school and 2.5 years of college without getting laid. "
OMG i feel sry for u
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By Tireyo

Nerds are delicious! What do they put in those candies anyway?

bigx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bigx14
@Green_Incarnate said:
" Choosing computer science as a major. "
this and talking to normal people about persona 4 and i gave a speech for a class on why people shuld stop bitching about viokent games

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fr0br0

I did my Senior Project in high school on developing video games. And fuck you, it was awesome.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PercyChuggs
@Disengage said:
So this is what it feels like, when doves cry....
Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Expletive
@Atramentous said:
" I have said 'lol" in real life. "
dude, me to and I felt like such a fucking nerd
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Claude

I'm more of a weather nerd. I know the terms and even make hand gestures like a weatherman on a pretend map. I need Giant Bomb's green screen.

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Expletive

also referencing the endurance run, like in real life

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By auspiciousqueue

I've been to an Anime convention. Also, I go to the renaissance faire every year. 

Oh yeah, and I've actually written a paper for a college class about the mythological aspects of Star Wars and it's application to Joseph Campbell's theories. Then held a conversation with a fellow student, for several hours, about said paper and topic. Uh huh, that is how I roll. 
ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ZoomyRamen

Well I errrr used to be into WoW pretty heavy and i used to go to sleep at 10pm set an alarm for 2am play till 4am then sleep till 6 when id wake up for school. I did this until I nearly passed out at school one day which was roughly 3 days after starting this ritual.

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By skywing

During lecture I got up and raised my hand and told my professor that his resolution was the reason why his power point presentation was malfunctioning, I then proceeded to get up and walk over to his computer and fix the problem.  This was General Chemistry lecture, there must of been 500 kids in the lecture hall all staring at me wondering why I invited myself upon stage to fix the lecture, mind you if I had not done that we all could of left like 20 min early.

I am proud of my decision.
ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShadowKiller

While over 90% of my friends spend most of their day on Facebook I browse things like Giantbomb, Destructoid and Kotaku.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#29  Edited By the8bitNacho

I did a report in the 8th grade on how to become a Super Saiyan.

...Yeah.  My girlfriend of five years (just a friend then) was in that class.  I'm surprised I still even know her, let alone the fact that I'm dating her.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PowerSerj

So far, a tie between Kombat and auspiciousqueue.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By buzz_clik

I've relayed this elsewhere, but way back whenever I hooked a VCR up to my Commodore 64 so I could record an Impossible Mission speed run to show my mates... uh, who definitely weren't as into Impossible Mission as I was.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By Gunner

i decided to beat NWN 2 instead of going out with friends...

It was soooo worth it.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#33  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Define what aspect of nerdiness you're talking about, and I've probably done it.  Hah.  Let's see:

I was part of a Shakespearean acting troupe for about five years.  Due to time constraints, on more than one occasion, I drove from point to point in full costume, meaning I've been in public in attire meant to look roughly 400 years old, including museum replicas of swords, daggers, and the like.  I've even stopped at a mental institution in full dress looking for directions.  Now that got me some odd looks from the guards.

I was a full blown geeky DM for any number of pen & paper RPG's during my high school years, including Rifts, Heroes Unlimited, and even the TMNT game.  I still continue to read and collect the Rifts books when I have some extra money.  That's probably the nerdiest thing today that I do.  Oh, and if you even have a clue about what DM means in relation to RPG's, then you're definitely reading the right thread, aren't you?

I collect movie figurines.   Yep.  Action figures.  Or dolls, if you wanna be a dick about it.

I will walk into a Barnes and Noble and come out with stacks of books, almost all of which will generally be fantasy and sci-fi.  If it looks even mildly interesting, I'm at least browsing the jacket and probably buying it.  I'm also an aspiring sci-fi and fantasy novelist, so by now, I'm sure my score on the geek-o-meter is scaling into dangerous levels, and I'm gonna stop there.

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@PercyChuggs said:
" I once got my 2 baby mommas to take my stupid kids to this dumb anime movie. "
haha. bravo good sir.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By Claude
@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
"

Define what aspect of nerdiness you're talking about, and I've probably done it.  Hah.  Let's see:

I was part of a Shakespearean acting troupe for about five years.  Due to time constraints, on more than one occasion, I drove from point to point in full costume, meaning I've been in public in attire meant to look roughly 400 years old, including museum replicas of swords, daggers, and the like.  I've even stopped at a mental institution in full dress looking for directions.  Now that got me some odd looks from the guards.

I was a full blown geeky DM for any number of pen & paper RPG's during my high school years, including Rifts, Heroes Unlimited, and even the TMNT game.  I still continue to read and collect the Rifts books when I have some extra money.  That's probably the nerdiest thing today that I do.  Oh, and if you even have a clue about what DM means in relation to RPG's, then you're definitely reading the right thread, aren't you?

I collect movie figurines.   Yep.  Action figures.  Or dolls, if you wanna be a dick about it.

I will walk into a Barnes and Noble and come out with stacks of books, almost all of which will generally be fantasy and sci-fi.  If it looks even mildly interesting, I'm at least browsing the jacket and probably buying it.  I'm also an aspiring sci-fi and fantasy novelist, so by now, I'm sure my score on the geek-o-meter is scaling into dangerous levels, and I'm gonna stop there.

"
I love a theater nerd. I acted in an outdoor drama for three years. I did some Shakespeare as well, my favorite being the Clown or Grave Digger from Hamlet.

"One that was a woman, sir; but, rest her soul, she's dead."
Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Well, EVO was going on until 5AM  yesterday morning, and you can bet I was still watching.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wolverine
@AZ123 said:
" When I was sixteen years old, I went alone to the movie theater on a Saturday at noontime for a showing of the Yu-Gi-Oh movie. Not only did I get a student discount for being in high school, but I also got a free promo "Pyramid of Light" Trap Card. To top it all off, I was by myself in the theater until these two moms, each with a son, walked in late during the movie.I've done other things, but that story is a winner in my book.How about you? "
That's hilarious. The nerdiest thing I ever have done was probably see Spider-man 3 by myself because I my friend wanted to see it the next week and I couldn't wait any longer to watch it so I saw it the Saturday morning after it came out.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By gingertastic_10
@Tireyo643 said:
"Nerds are delicious! What do they put in those candies anyway?"
I see what you did there.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By AlexB

Generally talking about Rock Band to non- Rock Band people. I'm like of I FCed *insert song* with optimal squeezes and am now in the top 20. And people are like ehhh what.

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer
@Green_Incarnate said:
" Choosing computer science as a major. "
That's my major, too.

For me, choosing video games as the topics for both of my big speeches during my first semester at college in speech class.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#41  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
@Claude:  I love that role!  Never did Hamlet, but I'd love a go at it.  My favorite role was definitely playing Nick Bottom in Midsummer Night's Dream.  I hammed the hell out of that performance, and it garnered me my only standing ovation.  My proudest moment ever.  I had a crack at playing Dogberry in Much Ado About Nothing, which is my absolute favorite role in Shakespeare's plays, but in the last week leading up to our performance, the actor playing Don Pedro backed out and I stepped up and took over the part.  Made me sick as hell to give up Dogberry, but I knew most of Don Pedro's lines and I had a friend who knew most of Dogberry's, so it worked out.
JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By JoblessTerence

Geekiest thing I've done was write a paper for English class on how Charles Bronson acted as a deus ex machina in Death Wish. However, the nerdiest thing I've done was beat Gears of War in one sitting with my friend in co-op.

Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43  Edited By Civraz

Sat alone in my basement on friday night talking to multiple people about that day's Endurance Run on msn. While listening to music from Banjo Kazooie.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#44  Edited By JackiJinx

My very essence breathes of nerddom. I can't think of a moment in life where I never felt or displayed (willingly or not) my nerdosity. If I started listing specifics, I think it'd be a sad day.

Poppycock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Poppycock
@ShadowKiller said:
" While over 90% of my friends spend most of their day on Facebook I browse things like Giantbomb, Destructoid and Kotaku. "
That's my biggest offence too. 
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Disengage said:
Actually this isn't a bad thing. You could have ended up being a young Dad and/or stuck with a gal you didn't really like.

Biggest Nerd things:  I used to play Magic:The Gathering heavily & paid quite a bit for a few cards back in the day.
sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sdauz

i once trained to play company of heroes online.....i still get my ass kicked online

tbonef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tbonef

I went to a "revenge of the nerds" night at a local bar, dressed up as a box of Nerds candy.  Then I created a giantbomb.com account so I could type that here.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bruce

When I was 16, I was in Manhattan buying clothes, because I'm a whore like that.

Anyway, I discovered that Pokemon Diamond was launching with a party at NintendoWorld, and I almost considered going. I went to ToysRus instead, only to be greeted by a giant Pikachu costume wanting to take my picture and then sell it back to me...yeah. Another one would have to be when I bought a bouquet of white roses for a girl on our first date; that's not really nerdy, it's just lame.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By dethfish
@Kombat said:
"I did a report in the 8th grade on how to become a Super Saiyan....Yeah."

That's the best idea for a school report ever.

I can't remember doing anything to nerdy in public. The worse things would be the time when I sort of freaked out (because I was so excited) in a gamestop while buying Kingdom Hearts 2. Yeah, that's kinda embarrassing, especially since I don't even own that game anymore.

Oh, I also beat the shit out of this kid (who was at least 1 grade above me) because he stole and erased my Pokemon Yellow game.