• 14 results
#1 Posted by TimesHero (679 posts) -

Got this on Monday.

#2 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I got a fishing hook stuck right in my thumb. It was gushing blood and hurt like hell getting it out.

#3 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@TimesHero:

Still recovering from a shattered leg wound.
#4 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

I didn't take pictures of it, but one time I mistimed a jump on a BMX bike which had its seat improperly installed. My nutsack was ruptured and there was blood everywhere. From now on I always wear a cup as well as a helmet. 

#5 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
" I didn't take pictures of it, but one time I mistimed a jump on a BMX bike which had its seat improperly installed. My nutsack was ruptured and there was blood everywhere. From now on I always wear a cup as well as a helmet.  "
JESUS CHRIST! The images that are currently floating in my head AGH!
#6 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

I have never really had any really bad injuries.  The worst it got was when I was 5 years old and a fell from a branch and cracked my head/skull in a concrete birdbath that was directly underneath.  I personally felt no pain but there was a lot of blood and my mom immediately sent me to the hospital for stitches.

#7 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@foggel said:
" @StaticFalconar said:
" I didn't take pictures of it, but one time I mistimed a jump on a BMX bike which had its seat improperly installed. My nutsack was ruptured and there was blood everywhere. From now on I always wear a cup as well as a helmet.  "
JESUS CHRIST! The images that are currently floating in my head AGH! "
I drew one on Paint, but sadly cannot put it on here with this laptop. Still, ouch.
#8 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
._.
#9 Posted by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
"I didn't take pictures of it, but one time I mistimed a jump on a BMX bike which had its seat improperly installed. My nutsack was ruptured and there was blood everywhere. From now on I always wear a cup as well as a helmet.  "

This thread is over, nobody's gonna top this.  

When I was five, I went with my parents on a ride called "The Alpine Slide", which was basically a long concrete slide that you went down on a disc-sled. I was so young that I had to ride with my father. The sled had a yoke in the middle to control your speed. But the controls were the opposite of what you'd expect, with pulling back increasing your speed and vice-versa. My dad must not've been clear on the controls, because we got going really fast, so he tried to slow down by pulling back. We sped up, and eventually went up the side of the slide (which was halfpipe-ish) and flipped over. I went sliding on my face and got torn up pretty bad, ending up with a broken nose and a couple of scars, and my dad got a broken thumb out of the deal.
#10 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Bruised my upper arm real bad, couldn't use it for a month, but that's part of being a skater :/

Also when I was little I fell off my bike once on my mouth, my upper lip ruptured and had to get stitches.
4 weeks of only yoghurt and pudding, bah!

#11 Edited by Franstone (1110 posts) -

When I was about 10 years old I got in a completely unnecessary bike accident... 

Foolish girl from down the street jumped in front of me while riding my lil BMX bike. 
Instead of plowing through her (what I should have done) I hit my brakes and flipped over the handle bars to avoid hitting her and ate the pavement. 

My adult teeth, roots and all ripped out of my face, good times.  

I remember the dentist after being even more painful. 
About 12 novicane shots in my bloody grill.

Now about 20 years later I have 4 fake teeth in the front of my mouth that bother me every day...  FN Bitch... 
#12 Edited by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

One time, I was...
Wait a minute...

@StaticFalconar

said:

OH DEAR GOD!
#13 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
Dear god. Hope all's well now. My stomach is churning after reading that.

Thankfully, I've never had any terrible injuries *knock on wood*. I guess the worst would be when I broke my ankle in 7th grade skateboarding. That was fucking painful.
#14 Posted by simian (865 posts) -

I had a rusted nail not only go right through my boot (ironically steeled toed), but through my foot as well. It hurt like a mofo and at first I had no idea what was going on. I didn't clue in until I saw the bloody spike sticking out the top of my foot & the plank of wood that was suddenly attached to me.

#15 Posted by Motherfucker (101 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
Jesus fucking christ!

I have to admit laughed quite a bit :(
#16 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5141 posts) -

When I was 3 years old I hit my head very hard on a tables corner and today I have a scar on my forehead, when people ask me how I got them I tell them a wizard killed my parents and then tried to kill me.

#17 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
Fuck that.
#18 Posted by RaceKickfist (218 posts) -

nobody tops the nut-tear. 

i dumped my moped (so hardcore and tough) and my left knee got sandwiched between the bike and the sidewalk and ended up breaking a blood vessel beneath my patella. at first it just hurt a little, like i bruised it. so i didnt do anything about it. 3 hours later it was like somebody had shoved a football in my knee it swelled so much. i ended up not being able to walk for three weeks. i dont remember much about that period because they had me on so much vicodin for the pain. i do recall reading just about every redwall book that was out at the time. though i couldnt remember much beyond "there was a mouse with a sword. also a badger. i think they were friends, but maybe not."

#19 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

I broke my wrist pretty badly a couple years ago, but that about it. I may even have the x-rays somewhere.

#20 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
I laughed when I read your ''nutsack ruptured'' but then I read ''there was blood everywhere'' and I serious'd. 

Damn.
#21 Posted by Tebbit (4460 posts) -

I havn't had any serious injuries. I'm just here to say I appreciate the use of the word "tummy" in the title.

#22 Posted by Peacemaker (1104 posts) -

When I was younger I hit my chin an bit my tongue open.  I ended up having to get it stitched up.  

#23 Posted by mcmets93 (285 posts) -

15 stiches on my forehead.... walked into a pole yes i no im a dumbass! and ive hurt my knee a bunch of times

#24 Posted by captjim (129 posts) -

long story short, i almost got my foot cut off.

#25 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

Luckily I've never had anything too serious. The worse thing that comes to my mind is the time I had concussion and some bleeding from my head.

#26 Posted by dudeglove (7751 posts) -

Dislocated my left shoulder more times than I care to remember. It's unpleasant.

#27 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -
@RaceKickfist said:
" nobody tops the nut-tear.  i dumped my moped (so hardcore and tough) and my left knee got sandwiched between the bike and the sidewalk and ended up breaking a blood vessel beneath my patella. at first it just hurt a little, like i bruised it. so i didnt do anything about it. 3 hours later it was like somebody had shoved a football in my knee it swelled so much. i ended up not being able to walk for three weeks. i dont remember much about that period because they had me on so much vicodin for the pain. i do recall reading just about every redwall book that was out at the time. though i couldnt remember much beyond "there was a mouse with a sword. also a badger. i think they were friends, but maybe not." "
Redwall!!!! I used to absolutely love those books. Martin 'the mf'ing' Warrior was the greatest.
#28 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

I was less than one year old and I sliced off the top of my left ring finger and blood was shooting all around the room. (Don't remember it). All I remember is getting the top sewed back on in the ER and I was screaming like crazy. I still have the scar here:

You can't really see it, but it runs all the way up my finger to the tip...it was years and years ago, and its healed incredibly well, but the top part of that finger has freaky superhuman movement compared to my other fingers.
#29 Posted by Onno10 (405 posts) -

Wearing slippers I got my foot in a the rear bicycle wheel while riding on the back of my mums bike :D There was allot of blood too.

#30 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Don't have pics, but when I was about 8 I got stabbed in the arm with a fishing hook.  Looking back, it was pretty epic, but it hurt like a motherfucker when it happened.

#31 Posted by irish (86 posts) -

Ruptured my ear canal which caused it to leak fluid for about 48hrs...I had to suffer for a while as I'd no health insurance. If you want a mental image have a look at the cover of Electriclarryland. Had a constant ringing sound in my head for about a week or so.
Thankfully it's fine now though I can't wear headphones...ever again

#32 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

A group of black metal musicians scalped me and shot me repeatedly... 

In all seriousness, NOTHING is going to top the nut tear.

#33 Edited by habster3 (3595 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:

"I didn't take pictures of it, but one time I mistimed a jump on a BMX bike which had its seat improperly installed. My nutsack was ruptured and there was blood everywhere. From now on I always wear a cup as well as a helmet.  "

Everything alright now? That must've been fucking horrible!  
@TimesHero said:
"Got this on Monday.

"
Dude! Why did you try to kill yourself? JK 
That looks like it hurt, though.
#34 Posted by Osaladin (2515 posts) -

No blood for mine, just ruptured my ACL, tore my Meniscus, and chipped some of my Tibia all in my right knee while playing soccer. 

#35 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -

I guess it has to be a knee injury I got back when I practiced Kung Fu. We were doing spinning kicks way earlier than we should've -- the instructor was an idiot; we hadn't even learned how to properly position and move the supporting foot when doing regular kicks -- and I must've twisted my knee or something. Didn't actually notice anything until after the lesson was over, when I found that I couldn't properly walk up or down stairs. Took over a year to recover. Even though it's now been more than five years, my knee still hurts when I strain it too much, and I've got this lump right below the kneecap. I also still limp when walking down stairs -- not because I have to, but because I got so used to doing it that I just automatically do it.

#36 Posted by NoXious (1338 posts) -

Ripped lip, ripped knee. Noticeable face scar, scar from left to right across my knee.
No pictures were taken since I was too busy getting it fixed.

#37 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

cut my finger

#38 Posted by wrathofconn (1460 posts) -

I broke my arm when I was younger, haven't had a worse injury than that.

#39 Posted by Hadoken101 (759 posts) -

I twisted my ankle once.... do I win something?

Also what the fuck tried to eat your arm Times?

#40 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

I hit my leg on a rock jumping off a good diving spot in dominican republic, yes, it hurt... alot

#41 Posted by MeatXbeatsXman (238 posts) -

I slammed three fingernails off in a door once. I was 7, so the pain was unimaginable.

#42 Posted by armaan8014 (5378 posts) -

UGH

#43 Edited by iKANNIBAL (601 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:

Stop it, its just too much, you're scaring me! stop!! i can't take it, atleast put spoiler tags on your post to warn all us men before we even imagine such horrors, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU sick bastard.

Anyway surprisingly ive never had any serious injuries, besides being an active football player and active in most sports and outdoor activities ive never gotten hurt badly, i did get hit with a bat once and had to get stitches but that was about it.
#44 Posted by kevinski (456 posts) -

I haven't really had many injuries to speak of. My worst was on Christmas Eve one year. My younger brother and I were racing down the stairs. I won, and he jumped off of the side of the stairs and inadvertently bit my head open in mid-air.

#45 Edited by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

" I have never really had any really bad injuries.  The worst it got was when I was 5 years old and a fell from a branch and cracked my head/skull in a concrete birdbath that was directly underneath.  I personally felt no pain but there was a lot of blood and my mom immediately sent me to the hospital for stitches. "

Not bad? Head and concrete are 2 things that don't go together. That sounds horrible 0.0

Also apparently due to some richly detailed stories here I have a weak stomach for injuries, especially those including certain parts below the waist.
#46 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
That sucks.. When I was a kid my cousin climbed a flagpole then slid down and cut open his sack completely open because of the thing at the bottom where you tie the rope from the flag. It was very graphic to say the least.
#47 Posted by kingclaw (757 posts) -

I broke a finger once!!!!  Yep, that bad.

#48 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Thumped my toe. I'm a pussy who almost never leaves the house.

#49 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
Did they fall out?
#50 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I've only ever been injured twice, so I guess I'll just say both, you can decide the worst. First one, I broke my wrist, and the bone slid up and almost came through my palm, because of that break I had to get a bone graft. Second, I got hit in the mouth with a golf club, knocking out 2 of my teeth, and making all of my other teeth loose. I had to get 5-6 root canals, and 2 brand new teeth! My lip also split down the middle, so I had to get stitches in my face.

The golf club probably hurt the most, but my hip hurt like a motherfucker from the bone graft.