#1 Edited by KontX (117 posts) -

At the suggestion of a co-worker, I went out and rented Idiocracy. They raved about it. That's 87 min of my life that I'll never get back. Can't believe I actually finished that shit. The Spirit, Erik the Viking, and Super Mario Bros (lol) also come to mind.

EDIT: Santa's Slay, Pinnocchio's Revenge, 3000 Miles to Graceland, and Ablaze. I have to like Ablaze because a buddy of mine is the star.

#2 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

Transformers 2 is the worst big budget movie i've ever seen, followed closely by 3. Also don't understand the appeal of Idiocracy.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (12294 posts) -

Battlefield Earth.

#4 Posted by Gradev (43 posts) -
#5 Posted by AngelN7 (2972 posts) -

Quatum Apocalypse ... just when I thought I couldn't get worse they introduce time travel! if you don't have the budget for an apocalypse movie don't make one period.

#6 Posted by Illuminosopher (335 posts) -

That's a tuff one, you mean to completion I assume because usually once I realize I'm watching a bad movie i stop watching it.

The only one that is coming to mind is Zombie 4 but I have bought some of those like 100 packs of horror and scifi flicks and there are some real doozies in them.

#7 Posted by frenchdork (90 posts) -

Titanic 2

#8 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

I dunno but it has to be something by Troma. Surf Nazis Must Die maybe?

#9 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Legion. That one that starts with a angel hacking off their wings, and then proceeding to the worst action sequences I've seen in awhile. This is all accompanied by the worst overly heavy emotion type dialogue and story I've yet to encounter.

Usually I'm better at not going to terrible movies, but this one is so bad it cannot even work as a good bad movie (like Blade III or Hannibal). I've also seen Idiocracy - it is the sort of movie that is only enjoyable if you fully believe in the premise, and maybe sprain your shoulder with how hard you are slapping your back for recognizing the "subtle parody" shown.

#10 Posted by StarvingGamer (8470 posts) -

Cabin Boy

Also if Idiocracy is the worst movie you've seen, you haven't watched nearly enough movies.

#11 Posted by JFunkhouser (70 posts) -

Hands down, existenz. Love cronenberg but that shit was an epic turd.

#12 Posted by KontX (117 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

I dunno but it has to be something by Troma. Surf Nazis Must Die maybe?

I almost watched Surf Nazis Must Die willingly. Almost.

#13 Edited by SubwayD (538 posts) -

Not sure if it's the "worst" worst movie ever, but I am repulsed by Problem Child and it's sequels.

Actually, it's mostly ill thought out kids films that are on my list. Mac & Me, anyone? Can't remember much about it other than the horrific E.T. knock-off. Urgh.

#14 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

There are so many to chose from. Pulse, Ultraviolet, Ecks vs Sever, the Transformers movies, Quarentine, and so many others I could possibly name. The list really goes on and on. I am only going to share one of them with you, though.

Titanic: The Animated Movie. Behold.

#15 Edited by aurahack (2285 posts) -

Damn, man. It's a shame you didn't get to enjoy Idiocracy because that movie is fucking great. I mean, assuming you take it for what it is, which is satire. :|

Transformers 2 is probably mine. I fell asleep for an hour of it and wanted to punch myself in the face for the other two hours. I tried to leave on a couple occasions but realised every time that I was there to see it with a friend for his birthday, so... ugh. Fuck that movie. In the face. Violently.

Edit: Wait, no, I just remebered I saw Meet the Spartans in theatres. God dammit, I tried to erase it from my mind and now it's back.

#16 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

The Village by far. Transformers 3 was way fucking worse than 2.

#17 Edited by Zaccheus (1800 posts) -

I really try not to watch bad movies. The one that comes to mind is Catwomen. I asked myself how can a movie with Halle Berry in leather be so bad and I wanted to find out. Don't make the same mistake I did. No way to get those 100 minutes back.

You should watch that basketball scene on youtube thought, that shit is hilarious. It's seriously inappropriate sexual tension in front of dozens of kids, some of the worst directing and editing ever, awful dialogue, terrible out of place special effects in a nice 2 minute package. I remember that I just said repeated "this can't be happening" out loud to myself. I warn you it's super cringeworthy.

#18 Posted by Stink_Meaner (64 posts) -

The first Mr. Bean movie. I can't even remember the name. The only movie I ever walked out on.

#19 Edited by dcgc (878 posts) -

Ready to Rumble. As a former big Wrestling fan, that movie was horrible.

EDIT: But I'm thinking of watching Postal so, I don't know...

EDIT2: Ok, I just remembered. 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain is the worst movie I've seen.

#20 Posted by AltonBrown (951 posts) -

Trash Humpers comes to mind.

#21 Edited by DarkMage530 (6 posts) -

The problem with this question is that I actually watch really bad movies. Mostly bad horror movies but I feel they fill an enjoyable niche for me and my friends. The Room, Thankskilling, Vampire Zombies From the Hood, Megashark vs Crocosaurus. But most of these movies know they are bad so they don't take themselves seriously.

The worst movies are movies that think they are good movies and yet are just awful, that also makes them lose any appeal as being an enjoyable bad movie.

The Star Wars Christmas special, I made it through about 6 minutes of that.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Beowolf with Angeline Jolie

And agreeing with most, The Transformer movies are awful.

there's def more I just can't think of right now

#22 Posted by Catarrhal (849 posts) -

If you can't appreciate Idiocracy, then you're part of the problem.

#23 Posted by triple07 (1198 posts) -

Probably Alone in the Dark the Uwe Boll movie. Fucking awful movie.

#24 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@Zaccheus said:

I really try not to watch bad movies. The one that comes to mind is Catwomen. I asked myself how can a movie with Halle Berry in leather be so bad and I wanted to find out. Don't make the same mistake I did. No way to get those 100 minutes back.

You should watch that basketball scene on youtube thought, that shit is hilarious. It's seriously inappropriate sexual tension in front of dozens of kids, some of the worst directing and editing ever, awful dialogue, terrible out of place special effects in a nice 2 minute package. I remember that I just said repeated "this can't be happening" out loud to myself. I warn you it's super cringeworthy.

Holy shit, holy shit.

#25 Posted by pyromagnestir (4336 posts) -

My two part answer: Worst movie: Bringing Down the House. I don't remember why I was watching it, and I don't believe I saw all of it, or even most of it, but I saw enough to know it was the worst.

Most hated movie: Episode 3 of the Star Wars Prequels.

#26 Posted by AgnosticJesus (545 posts) -

If anyone's a fan of bad movies I'd highly recommend Bulletproof with Gary Busey. It was easily the best worst movie I've ever seen.

#27 Posted by NTM (7519 posts) -

@Daneian said:

Transformers 2 is the worst big budget movie i've ever seen, followed closely by 3. Also don't understand the appeal of Idiocracy.

As dumb as the second Transformers is, I'd say the third is even worse.

#28 Posted by SeanFoster (882 posts) -

I've seen a lot of garbage on MST3k but stuff that I've actually paid money to see I'd have to say either the horror film Grace or Frank Miller's The Spirit. Those are the only two movies I've ever seen in a theater that I couldn't endure and walked out on.

#29 Posted by blueinferno (458 posts) -

Christmas in Wonderland. Patrick Swayze's last film I believe, may he rest in peace. What an awful, awful movie.

#30 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

@NTM: If you're basing it off pure cinematic ability, I absolutely agree, but Transformers 3 doesn't have a robot dog humping legs, a Decepticon who transforms into a mongoloid twenty one year old girl, Devastator's balls or Shia LeBufoufulah appearing in the middle of the desert with a cast around his arm out of nowhere.

#31 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1805 posts) -

Bicentennial Man so far is the worst movie I've seen top to bottom. That movie is teeth grindingly dumb and boring.

#32 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

The room is the best worst movie I've ever seen.

#33 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

I cant even take this thread serious. How could you say idiocracy was terrible. The movie is amazing. Makes you think about how stupid most people are.

#34 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

Starship Troopers 2...holy shit that movie is fucking terrible. Not even cringe worthy, it's just fucking bad.

#35 Posted by CommanderZx2 (134 posts) -

Meet the Spartans... there is no movie worse than this and I've seen a lot of garbage movies.

#36 Posted by VierasTalo (910 posts) -

Violent Shit, Uwe Boll's Blubberella and Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny are all good contenders for this title in my book.

#37 Edited by Butano (1774 posts) -

Southland Tales. I mean, you have a movie that stars between 5-10 well known actors, and there's absolutely no story or progression whatsoever. I mean, when a movie has a scene where there are two cars doing the dirty deed, you know you've lost all hope for the movie to get better.

EDIT: Thankskilling takes 2nd place. Only watched it cause the artist that draws Amazing Super Powers webcomic said he helped work on it, and there was like, 5 seconds of his art.

#38 Posted by Stepside (516 posts) -

The only two movies in which I've walked out of the theater:

• Godzilla (Matthew Broderick one)
  • Red Tails

I still think Battlefield Earth is worse.

#39 Posted by ajamafalous (12128 posts) -

The Room or Battlefield Earth. 

You people naming actual good/decent movies as 'the worst you've ever seen' really need to watch more movies.

#40 Posted by Demmetje (203 posts) -

Meet the Spartans

#41 Posted by BaneFireLord (2967 posts) -

Out Cold is dogshit.

#42 Posted by Blimble (302 posts) -

Avatar the last airbender was so bad. It was just a couple of hours of being told that characters are going places and doing stuff and the occasional worse fight scenes ever

#43 Posted by JesseG (138 posts) -

You guys haven't seen bad movies until you've watched Titanic 2 or 2 Headed Shark Attack. They're by the same people.

#44 Posted by Labman (288 posts) -

The film adaptation of Stephen King's short story "The Mist." I loved the short story, in fact it's one of my favourite Stephen King stories (right up there with the Dark Tower series and Salem's Lot), but I hated the shitty ending they added to the film version. I was very disappointed in that movie!

#45 Posted by Russcat (140 posts) -

The worst I have sat through in theatres was New Moon from the Twilight Saga. My wife really wanted me to go with her, but that was the most aggressively bad pile of inane, teenage angst filled twaddle of a fanfiction masquerading as a movie that I have ever had the misfortune to endure.

We once rented Bloberella with some friends. It's an Uwe Boll movie, which looked like it might be so bad it could be good. But no, it was just terrible. We didn't finish it. At least that lead to a greater understanding of TANG, given I now know first hand how bad an Uwe Boll movie can be.

#46 Posted by Philedius (204 posts) -

The OC babes and the slasher of zombietown.

#47 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

The worst big-budget movie with big name talent behind it that I've ever seen was Pearl Harbor. Just so. Fucking. Stupid.

Worst low-budget movie? Manos: The Hands of Fate. It also happens to be one of the best episodes of MST3K ever made.

#48 Posted by J12088 (462 posts) -

Most recently? Inception. Absolute load of old shit. No idea why anyone likes that film. Complete trash.

#49 Posted by Levius (1204 posts) -

Captivity, what a fucking dumb and awful film.

#50 Posted by Zuldim (291 posts) -

Transformers 2, and Home Alone 2 both come to mind.