• 56 results
#51 Posted by TheHT (11253 posts) -

@Penzilneck: which song is it exactly that's in The Phantom Pain trailer?

#52 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

@believer258 said:

He's coming back in style.

I guess.

Pretty soon, we'll be in a warped version of early - mid 1800's clothing, culture, and sensibilities.

It's like Benjamin Button all over again.

#53 Edited by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

@TheHT said:

@Penzilneck: which song is it exactly that's in The Phantom Pain trailer?

Finally found it, and it's his Etude Op. 10 No. 12. The notable part sounds at about the 0:13 mark.

There are loads of videos of more quality, but I'm just seriously impressed with this guys finger work. All versions I find are in C minor, but in the Phantom Pain trailer it's in a lower, more somber sounding key.

#54 Posted by TheHT (11253 posts) -

@Penzilneck: wow, that's pretty impressive you were able to recognize it as Chopin from the little in the trailer. it's a heck of a lot more lively than in the trailer. i'll keep my eyes out for anything lower, or at least slower. thanks!

#55 Posted by ShaggE (6453 posts) -

Chopin's got them hot beats like whut, is why.

Seriously, though, he's not my favorite (that goes to Beethoven... Piano Sonata No. 14/"Moonlight Sonata" is my favorite classical piece), but he's definitely up there.

#56 Posted by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

Chopin's got them hot beats like whut, is why.

Seriously, though, he's not my favorite (that goes to Beethoven... Piano Sonata No. 14/"Moonlight Sonata" is my favorite classical piece), but he's definitely up there.

Big ups. Even though Chopin and Rachmaninoff are more of favourites of mine, simply based on the entirety of their work, Moonlight Sonata is at the top for me as a single composition.

#57 Posted by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

It's been a year now, and I haven't noticed any more Chopin around. I have been pretty much out of video games for the whole year, though.

Any notable favorites of classical music usage from the past year for anyone?