• 84 results
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

My 7 year old daughter was playing with the kids today at the bus stop. I usually wait for the bus with her but a little bit a ways. Then she comes running to me virtually crying because one of the kids called her a fucking bitch. She did nothing to deserve it. They were laughing, running around, & having a good time. What is wrong with kids?

My child has great morals, good manners, and is kind. I wish the other kids could be half of what she is. She's by no means perfect, but she is a good child. She would never treat other kids like this. She will never get to enjoy all the things I did when I was growing up, but me and my wife are still raising her like a lady, albeit one that thinks farts and poops are funny, but a lady none the less!

Unfortunately I know those kids are learning it from their parents. I can only imagine what they are hearing at home.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Kerned

Stories like yours are one of the reasons my wife and I aren't having children. It must so so difficult to raise a good-hearted, loving human being when so many other parents are out there raising... well, raising something different. Kudos to you for fighting the good fight. The world needs more parents who understand that they have the most important job of all.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By crusader8463

Ya, I really wish there was some kind of competency test you had to pass before you could have a kid. Sadly there are alot of really stupid people out there with kids that shouldn't have them.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By awesomeusername

Children & teenagers are little fucktarts now and I'll make sure my future child doesn't turn out like kids these days.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zelyre

It always drives me crazy that you need licenses to own a gun, drive a car, and drive a bike. But kids? Any freakin' body can have one. Hell, have as many as you like, even if you don't have the means to support it, or even if you don't want em! It seems like society has shifted drastically in the last few years with people being -very- self-centered. Common courtesy has gone out the window and everybody is more concerned about shit that doesn't really matter.

I went grocery shopping a few weeks ago and this little boy was opening up egg cartons while his mom was on the phone. He was then poking the eggs until they broke. His mom was still on the phone. The kid then climbed up onto the egg cooler and sat on the cartons. What did the mom do? "Come along, Billy" and then went back to her cell phone.

I always feel really terrible when you hear about families that want to adopt kids; they usually are fairly well off, they -want- to have kids, but they have to jump through hoops to do it.

I'm terrified of having a kid of my own - kids love to pick on kids who are different and being a full or half blooded minority with a last name that isn't "American"? Oh boy.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

Yo, kids are mean. They always have been. Most of them grow out of it, even if they pick up bad habits and attitudes from their parents. Your daughter is learning valuable life lessons every day.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@mordukai said:

My child has great morals, good manners, and is kind. I wish the other kids could be half of what she is. She's by no means perfect, but she is a good child. She would never treat other kids like this.

Every parent in the history of ever.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By living4theday258

most Kids are evil little fuckers. whats worse is that no matter what you do they will still do what they did again and again because they think its funny or they're trying to impress their friends.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Hizang

It's one of the reasons I am in the education sector of work, right now I work with 1-2 year olds so not much impact. But I hope to get into primary schools and get these kids back on track, trade there knifes for my limited edition Charizard!

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mordukai

@Video_Game_King said:

@mordukai said:

My child has great morals, good manners, and is kind. I wish the other kids could be half of what she is. She's by no means perfect, but she is a good child. She would never treat other kids like this.

So what you're saying I'm as shitty as the ones that let their kid talk like that? Fact of the matter is that she is like that. She knows the difference between right behavior and wrong one and she would never talk to another child like that. As I've said, she's by no means perfect but she terats people with the same respect she expects people to treat her. I made sure of that.

If you are saying that I am just making my child to be the "right" one then maybe I am, but the fact of the matter is that I know my child and I know how she behaves when she's good and when she's being bad.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DukesT3

Sounds like kids to me. Kids are cruel pieces of crap who give no fucks in the world on what they say to people.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Fallen189

Nothing changed, you just got older and times changed. I teach at a school and the kids there are fine.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Video_Game_King said:

@mordukai said:

I really want to ask if OP is stupid enough to believe that. Every kid is an asshole.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mordukai

@Kerned said:

Stories like yours are one of the reasons my wife and I aren't having children. It must so so difficult to raise a good-hearted, loving human being when so many other parents are out there raising... well, raising something different. Kudos to you for fighting the good fight. The world needs more parents who understand that they have the most important job of all.

Thanks. It is hard because one of the side effects from this is that she can't play with those kids. Unfortunately this specific spinsterhood mostly kid with parents that are...well for lack of a better term... Ghetto parent...where they just don't care about the daily lives of their kids. I can't tell how many times I can hear kids playing outside at 11-12 o'clock at night on a school night. In which world does a parent think it's ok for their child to be up that late on a school night.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

@mordukai said:

If you are saying that I am just making my child to be the "right" one then maybe I am, but the fact of the matter is that I know my child and I know how she behaves when she's good and when she's being bad.

It's more this. Again: EVERY PARENT THINKS THIS OF THEIR CHILDREN. Your perspective is limited, and you are biased toward a certain conclusion. Without a neutral third party to verify what you're saying, I have no clue if your child is innocent in this situation. What were the kids doing when they were "laughing around and having a good time"? Is that what even happened? Did the other kid know that "fucking bitch" is an insult, or was it said innocently? These are all important details you're leaving out to make your child out to be a perfect angel (and, therefore, to stroke your own damn ego, since you're the one who raised her, as you are quick to affirm to us), whether consciously or unconsciously.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mordukai

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@mordukai said:

I really want to ask if OP is stupid enough to believe that. Every kid is an asshole.

Yes I am because that's how she is. My child will never dare speak to another person like that. And no, not every kid is an asshole. Just the ones that come in contact with you.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arabes

What's wrong with kids? Simple - you can't kick the shit out of them any more. Back in the day if a kid was cheeky to an adult and the adult walloped them the kid wouldn't tell their own parents cause their parents would belt them as well. I'm not saying this is a good system or righr or justified or anything else so don't put words in my mouth. All I'm saying is that if people know they can act without consequence most of them will be a fucker, be they a child, an adult or anything in between.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By BrittonPeele

@LooseChange said:

Sounds like kids to me. Kids are cruel pieces of crap who give no fucks in the world on what they say to people.

My friends and I were never that way as kids. I know plenty of kids of varying ages who would never act the way the kids in the OP did, much less use that kind of language.

@Kerned said:

The only issue I have with this stance (which I totally understand) is that if every potentially good parent said, "I'm not having kids because most kids are so mean!" where are good kids ever going to come from? Will things ever get better, or will we have a sort of Idiocracy situation on our hands?

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kerned

@Sargus said:

@Kerned said:

The only issue I have with this stance (which I totally understand) is that if every potentially good parent said, "I'm not having kids because most kids are so mean!" where are good kids ever going to come from? Will things ever get better, or will we have a sort of Idiocracy situation on our hands?

You are 100% right, but like I said, it's one of the reasons. We have plenty of others as well.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By ProfessorEss

Do we blame the parents or do we blame the society that hand-cuffs the parents while they fill our kids' heads with garbage?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By Sackmanjones

Was this child also 7 years old using that kind of language?

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Catarrhal

@Sargus: I was wondering if someone might mention Idiocracy. To quote one critic, "It's a movie now, but in ten years it will be a historical documentary."

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By psylah

Big assholes reproduce and make little assholes.

Simple as that.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SomeJerk

Stories like those are why I hope to have children together with a woman who also wants to begin programming them before they're born :(

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jmfinamore

There will always be bad kids and there will always be bad parents. That's never not been true and it will never stop being true. The expression "these days" is ridiculous.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

There has always been kids like that.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Video_Game_King

@psylah said:

Simple as that.

What about dicks and pussies?

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By bed

@HarlequinRiot said:

There will always be bad kids and there will always be bad parents. That's never not been true and it will never stop being true. The expression "these days" is ridiculous.

you said everything that i was going to say

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By ProfessorEss

I wish people responding would note whether they had kids of their own or not so I could get an idea of who has a clue and who doesn't.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mutha3

Every generation has called their young ones The Worst Generation Ever Marking the Downfall of Mankind.

Kids will be kids. Shitty parents will be shitty parents. Old people waggling their canes, telling kids to get of their lawn will probably be sticking around too ;p
  @Catarrhal said:

@Sargus: I was wondering if someone might mention Idiocracy. To quote one critic, "It's a movie now, but in ten years it will be a historical documentary."

Today's kids are smarter than we were.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mordukai

@Video_Game_King: I never ever claimed my child is perfect innocent angel. She has her moments like any other child it but she knows right from wrong. Most of her bad behavior comes from me cutting into her fun time on minecraft. I said she has good morals and manners and know the difference between good behavior and bad one. I am far from the perfect parent and she far from a perfect child but I know what my child is and what she is not. There are many time where I will not stand by her if she's in the wrong. In this case she's not. Besides, when is using that term can ever be considered as innocent child's play? Fact of the matter is that a 7 year old kid should not talk like that to another kid no matter what situation is or how it was said. She did nothing to provoke such language flung at her.

You know, I have great respect for you and the blogs you do about all the obscure games but you are kinda derailing this discussion by making it a her vs the other kid which was not my point at all. My point was that a 7 year old said something he clearly heard at home, and believe me I know the home he comes.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned in my ways, perhaps from m military upbringing, but I don't think a 7 year old child should speak like that and think it's ok.

Let me ask you this. Are you a parent?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Video_Game_King

@mordukai said:

Let me ask you this. Are you a parent?

Nope. I'm not required to have children. Still, your rhetoric suggests a lot of what I'm claiming about your post. For instance,

I said she has good morals and manners and know the difference between good behavior and bad one.

Isn't this implying that the other kid doesn't? Or that kids in general don't? I mean, I don't see you mentioning how your child has two eyes, or her skill in breathing. Although now that I think about it, that would be a good way of absolving the other kid of blame (since they don't know the difference between right and wrong).

Maybe I'm just old fashioned in my ways, perhaps from m military upbringing, but I don't think a 7 year old child should speak like that and think it's ok.

This is also shady, but I can't specifically point out why. Folksy? I dunno.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By imsh_pl

@HarlequinRiot said:

That's incorrect. Human beings do not posess inborn characteristics. There's little to no scientific evidence to suggest that there's such thing as a 'goodness gene' or a 'badness gene'. No child is the way it is because 'it's been born that way'. Science pretty much uniformly agrees that the behaviour of a child is almost exclusively shaped by its parents and environment. So children who grow in homes where corporal punishment, name-calling or other forms of abuse are present have an increased chance of becoming aggressive, developing depression, being addicted to alcohol/drugs in their adult life, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Kids aren't any different "these days", you have just gotten older.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Video_Game_King
Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By living4theday258

@Video_Game_King said:

@psylah said:

Simple as that.

What about dicks and pussies?

they make the kids and ship them to the big assholes.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vinny_Says

kids these days? kids have always been assholes. Are you going to sit there and tell me that you've never been called names as a child.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mordukai

@Video_Game_King: I know the other kid and it's not the first time that child behaved like that and the parent knows but just doesn't care. It's the same kid that shoved another one onto oncoming traffic and thought it was funny even though he knew it was wrong, it's the same child that kept throwing stones at parked cars and didn't see what was so wrong about it when I remarked that he shouldn't do this. Might be that child has genuine social problem then the parent should do something about it because said parent knows about these incidents.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Video_Game_King

@mordukai:

Hooray! Some form of context!

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Karkarov

@mordukai said:

@Kerned said:

Thanks. It is hard because one of the side effects from this is that she can't play with those kids. Unfortunately this specific spinsterhood mostly kid with parents that are...well for lack of a better term... Ghetto parent...where they just don't care about the daily lives of their kids. I can't tell how many times I can hear kids playing outside at 11-12 o'clock at night on a school night. In which world does a parent think it's ok for their child to be up that late on a school night.

Because the parents are stupid, lazy, sacks of human excrement who don't give a damn and probably should have their right to draw oxygen taken away.

I don't think kids are that different from how they were in the past, everyone has bad moments. When I was a kid many of my teachers trusted me with things, and my parents always thought I did the right stuff. But looking back there were times I did things that were mean spirited and had no good reason for them. They weren't the "norm" but it still happened. So yes, your daughter will have those moments too. I am sure you realize this but the important thing is helping her to understand they said it because of their own faults, not hers, and to always remember how she felt at that moment before she does anything like that to someone else.

@ProfessorEss said:

Do we blame the parents or do we blame the society that hand-cuffs the parents while they fill our kids' heads with garbage?

What a silly question. You blame both, but blame doesn't really fix anything.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@mordukai: A very small piece of advice, friend; don't go to such lengths to personalize your stand in a debate. Because you are leaving no doubt as to your role in this tale, that of the indirectly aggrieved party, people will naturally come to see you as biased. Even further so, as in this situation, it was your child that was at the receiving end of said unpleasantries, and while you can become desensitized to such behaviour when directed at yourself, it is far more difficult to remain apathetic when the unpleasant affects something, that above all, you want to protect. Now you've unfortunately gotten yourself into the middle of this mess, where the incident itself has, to most onlookers, become obsolete in contrast to what it suggests, and the mob has split into two distinctive groups, the one finding fault in your arguement and therefore in you and your story, and the ones who are lamenting the state of things in modern, urban society, stating like so many millions have done before, that the end is surely enclosing.

Stop being so defensive when it comes to your daughter. You're proud of the little thing, that's obvious, but I fail to see where and why you have to validate your daughter's virtues. It has no bearing nor any major impact on this story. Be proud of your kid and let these shit-heads who call her into question remain the ignorant shitheads they are, and focus on the original issue instead. That being the state of modern kids.

And in regards of that, everything is subjective. Where I grew up, kids, no older than 10, would beat another child with metal bars and strip them of their clothes in winter. And that's just plain cruelty. What you described was just a child aping languge he might very well have heard on TV or in a rap song. In fact, he might as well have called her a "poopyhead", the intent behind it would have remained the same. The child in question might be among the nicest little people you'll ever meet, but as every single, existing child, lack the depth of understanding and judgement that an adult possesses and mis-used a phrase.

The point of the story was that the children were happy, playing and running around, and as such, I highly doubt that one of the little buggers just up and decided to liken your daughter to a despicable female dog in heat out of sheer spite, and more likely, was just playing rough, as boys that age do.

That said, continue the good job in raising the little lady, but try to keep an open mind as to children being the products of their environment and their own impulses and try to be grateful for that what you just described is the extent of her issues with other children.

@Video_Game_King: Would you kindly stop kicking the poor guy while he's down? I'm sure even you can find something more constructive to do than huffing and puffing and blowing down the little piggie's domicile. I don't know, video games, maybe. Or perhaps you have a deep-rooted need to inform a parent of the wolf in sheep's clothing that he, oh so brazenly, refers to as his child? Don't bother, I'm not interested in your answers after what I've seen today.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By imsh_pl

@Video_Game_King said:

@imsh_pl:

Devil's advocate: children are naturally predisposed toward certain behaviors people would deem as immoral. That throws a monkey wrench into things.

I don't really think so.

The 'Evil things mentioned' are:

1.Lying

The only scientific study presented involved ~50 children. It says that children tend to lie to avoid punishment; of course, this is because the myriadofothermorecomprehensivestudiesshowthat punishment, abuse, the threat of withdrawal of affection, etc. leads to long-term disobedience and behaviour such as aggression or addiction.

2.Prejudice

This point suggests that babies tend to be more interested in more attractive people. I don't really see how that's 'evil' or 'immoral', it's quite natural for people to be fond of their attractive brethren... it's an evolutionary advantage.

3.Defiance

There's nothing wrong with a child saying 'no'. It's actually healthy for them to express their own desires because it means they're not afraid of their environment. Seriously, are we living in the middle ages that people still consider questioning authority 'immoral'?

4.Getting high

So children like to 'bang their heads to produce an effect similar to getting high'. I don't really see how this is an intrinsic immoral behaviour...

5.Stealing

Here we are given just a hypothetical scenario, a faulty link to an alleged study and a few links to some articles about celebrities' babies... Again, there is no scientific evidence that children have an inborn tendency to steal.

6.Murder

So apparently left handed people are the only twins who survived. Don't see how this is relevant.

Summarizing: no, there's actually no data here to support his point.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#43  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Video_Game_King said:

@imsh_pl:

Devil's advocate: children are naturally predisposed toward certain behaviors people would deem as immoral. That throws a monkey wrench into things.

Babies are lying, stealing, murdering, racists who like to get high and won't listen to anybody?

I knew it! I've been telling people this for years and no one ever believed me! Vindication!

edit: Oh, and yeah kids have been saying things that aren't appropriate since we first figured out some things could be considered inappropriate, so... Call me when 7 year olds start stabbing people for their money so they can get some crack and then go to the local hospital to rape coma patients and maybe then I'll buy your kids are worse these days thesis. Maybe.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

What is with all the negativity in this thread? Yeah, some kids act out and say hurtful things. But to call them straight up bad for that is not fair.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Video_Game_King

@imsh_pl:

Look, I only wanted to list the lying one, and there's no way I know of to link a single entry in a Cracked article.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By imsh_pl

@Video_Game_King: Fair enough. But I still don't see how a study done on ~50 children can be considered as evidence that children inherently lie. Especially because the study mentioned suggests that they lie in order to avoid punishment, which seems to be in check with the more comprehensive studies showing that children who are punished tend to be more disobedient (so the lying is not inborn, its conditioned).

thefaulconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By thefaulconer

@Do_The_Manta_Ray said:

@mordukai: A very small piece of advice, friend; don't go to such lengths to personalize your stand in a debate. Because you are leaving no doubt as to your role in this tale, that of the indirectly aggrieved party, people will naturally come to see you as biased. Even further so, as in this situation, it was your child that was at the receiving end of said unpleasantries, and while you can become desensitized to such behaviour when directed at yourself, it is far more difficult to remain apathetic when the unpleasant affects something, that above all, you want to protect. Now you've unfortunately gotten yourself into the middle of this mess, where the incident itself has, to most onlookers, become obsolete in contrast to what it suggests, and the mob has split into two distinctive groups, the one finding fault in your arguement and therefore in you and your story, and the ones who are lamenting the state of things in modern, urban society, stating like so many millions have done before, that the end is surely enclosing.

Stop being so defensive when it comes to your daughter. You're proud of the little thing, that's obvious, but I fail to see where and why you have to validate your daughter's virtues. It has no bearing nor any major impact on this story. Be proud of your kid and let these shit-heads who call her into question remain the ignorant shitheads they are, and focus on the original issue instead. That being the state of modern kids.

And in regards of that, everything is subjective. Where I grew up, kids, no older than 10, would beat another child with metal bars and strip them of their clothes in winter. And that's just plain cruelty. What you described was just a child aping languge he might very well have heard on TV or in a rap song. In fact, he might as well have called her a "poopyhead", the intent behind it would have remained the same. The child in question might be among the nicest little people you'll ever meet, but as every single, existing child, lack the depth of understanding and judgement that an adult possesses and mis-used a phrase.

The point of the story was that the children were happy, playing and running around, and as such, I highly doubt that one of the little buggers just up and decided to liken your daughter to a despicable female dog in heat out of sheer spite, and more likely, was just playing rough, as boys that age do.

That said, continue the good job in raising the little lady, but try to keep an open mind as to children being the products of their environment and their own impulses and try to be grateful for that what you just described is the extent of her issues with other children.

@Video_Game_King: Would you kindly stop kicking the poor guy while he's down? I'm sure even you can find something more constructive to do than huffing and puffing and blowing down the little piggie's domicile. I don't know, video games, maybe. Or perhaps you have a deep-rooted need to inform a parent of the wolf in sheep's clothing that he, oh so brazenly, refers to as his child? Don't bother, I'm not interested in your answers after what I've seen today.

ALL OF MY THIS

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Superkenon

@mutha3 said:

Today's kids are smarter than we where, though.

Must... resist...

I would agree with you, though, at least in certain respects. Common knowledge grows and grows, and every generation is born right into the thick of it, giving them a natural leg-up going forward. Good judgement or good guidance continues to not be a given, however. As kids' access to information expands, so too does their need for it all to be contextualized.

I'm not sure if I have a point in there or what, but hey, +1

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@HarlequinRiot said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a bunch of self-serving intentional ignorance.