• 76 results
#1 Posted by Hardgamer (610 posts) -

The Playoffs of the NBA is now on the run, and I want to know what's the team that you are supporting for right now. It can also be the teams eliminated from the season.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

trailblazers because oregon is the bomb

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I stopped watching basketball a few years ago, but my teams were Spurs and Magic. Getting rid of Doc Rivers was a stupid move.

#4 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Charlotte Bobcats but they're not in the playoffs because they sucked this year.

#5 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

LET'S GO, LAKERS!

I'm officially the White Mamba. Oh, you hadn't heard?

#6 Posted by MightyDuck (1511 posts) -

Have to go with my hometown Bulls.  I was in grade school during the "6-peat."  They were such a big deal back then.  Too be honest, haven''t really watched a game since Jordan and company were on the team.  However, I know they're pretty good now, may have to watch the playoffs this time.

I also loved the Charlotte Hornets as a kid.  I had their starter jacket.

#7 Edited by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

Timberwolves - They're terrible, I know, but the franchise has one of the most interesting mascots in all of sports.

Also the Toronto Raptors - because dinosaurs.

#8 Posted by Ben99 (1135 posts) -

What's your favorite  What's Your Favorite questions ?

#9 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

I jumped on the Heat bandwagon once the trade happened. Before it was magic. Also Dallas vs Heat in the finals.

#10 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Denver Nuggets, although I don't pay close enough attention as I should.

#11 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

I got to go with Detroit just because I'm from Michigan.  But my real favorite is what ever team Shaq is on.  I've followed his career from his rookie year.  Also I really like Amare Stoudemire.

#12 Posted by Patman99 (1559 posts) -

Raptors because I always support dinosaurs.... and Im a Canadian.

#13 Posted by ajamafalous (11871 posts) -
@Ben99 said:
" What's your favorite  What's Your Favorite questions ? "
This.

To answer, I've never really liked basketball aside from watching ridiculous highlights. So, I guess the Rockets, since that's where I'm from.
#14 Posted by SuperSambo (2854 posts) -

Orlando Magic.

I know nothing about basketball, but they kick ass in NBA Jam...

#15 Posted by Hardgamer (610 posts) -

My Fav: LA Lakers. You can tell in my profile image and icon.

#16 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

I don't watch Basket Ball, but I guess the Toronto Raptors since they are Canadian and have a dinosaur as a mascot! Plus, I always liked their team logo.

#17 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I guess it would have to be Portland, since Seattle no longer has one.

#18 Posted by Obsidian (346 posts) -

I've always been a fan of the Bulls because my home town is Chicago. The fact that they have the ridiculous Derek Rose doesn't hurt.

#19 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

I'm a fan of the only team with a shot of beating the Lakers, should the Lakers make it to the finals (I'm thinking they might lose to OKC).

You know, the team that's matched up against the lakers 2 of the past 3 years, and only lost because of an injury last year?
#20 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -
@example1013: Is it Boston? I don't watch basketball much, so this is like a fun guessing game for me.
#21 Posted by Bigrhyno (505 posts) -
@example1013 said:
" I'm a fan of the only team with a shot of beating the Lakers, should the Lakers make it to the finals (I'm thinking they might lose to OKC).

You know, the team that's matched up against the lakers 2 of the past 3 years, and only lost because of an injury last year?
"
The team that hasn't been playing well lately?
#22 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I don't really follow basketball, but if I have to pick a team I guess it has to be the celtics.

#23 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

Celtics, because I grew up in MA and because of KG's intensity.

#24 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

Globetrotters!

#25 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

The one with the tall African American gentlemen on it

#26 Posted by BigLemon (1022 posts) -

I only watch team sports.

#27 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

hmmm....I wonder....

I Fudging love Derrick Rose though.

#28 Posted by htr10 (330 posts) -

New York Knicks - after a decade of being a laughingstock, now we're a laughingstock with a winning record.  all jokes aside, this NBA season has been one of the most exciting for me personally in a very long time.  everyone's complaints about the NBA are valid, but at the end of the day, it's still a lot of fun to watch a basketball team that you really enjoy.
#29 Posted by TheMeat (63 posts) -

I'm a Bucks fan, but there hasn't been much to cheer for lately.  This year I'll be rooting for the Magic in the East (Dwight Howard is an animal) and the Lakers in the West (so Phil Jackson can ride off into the sunset with yet another three-peat).

#30 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
@Bigrhyno: Yes and @PrivateIronTFU: yes.

Don't discount them from winning yet, though. Remember last year, first the Cavs, and then the Magic were the favorites to go to the Finals. And Boston kicked both of their asses, hard. Boston was the reason why Mike Brown lost his job. Because seriously, how the fuck do you win coach of the year and then get fired that same season? And the Magic? Well,  I don't want to hurt any Magic fans' feelings, so I'm not gonna talk about that.
#31 Posted by Hardgamer (610 posts) -
@Obsidian said:
" I've always been a fan of the Bulls because my home town is Chicago. The fact that they have the ridiculous Derek Rose doesn't hurt. "
It' Derrick you mean.
#32 Posted by themisfit138 (25 posts) -

Pacers

#33 Edited by Obsidian (346 posts) -
@Hardgamer said:

" @Obsidian said:

" I've always been a fan of the Bulls because my home town is Chicago. The fact that they have the ridiculous Derek Rose doesn't hurt. "
It' Derrick you mean. "
Gee, thanks. My life would have been incomplete if I let myself get away with spelling a player's name wrong.
#34 Edited by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

I used to be a fan of the NJ Nets when they had the trifecta of JKidd, VC and Richard Jefferson... The end of that era has yielded nothing more than a steaming pile of dung.

Now I'm rooting for the Knicks. Or the Celtics. Or pretty much anyone who beats Miami and/or the Lakers.

#35 Posted by iBePeRFeCT (396 posts) -

The Heat have been my favorite since the Alonzo Mourning and Penny Hardaway days.  I absolutely love DWade. My favorite player of all time probably and he's not even done yet.

#36 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

I'm glad to know there aren't too many bandwagoners in this thread. It's easy to tell when you pick a sucky team.

#37 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

The Jazz and Suns,but since they didnt make the playoffs im hopin the Blazers go to the finals

#38 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -
@LiquidS said:
" Globetrotters! "
#39 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

My dad was a huge Knicks fan even when they were doing awful and since I was from New York (not anymore), I'd probably have to go with the Knicks.  Even if they don't make it this year I only see them getting better in the years to come.  My favorite west coast team would probably be Oklahoma City, and my least favorite team is definitely the lakers.

#40 Posted by VirtuaXav (449 posts) -
@MrForty7
The Heat have been my favorite since the Alonzo Mourning and Penny Hardaway days.  I absolutely love DWade. My favorite player of all time probably and he's not even done yet.
This.
#41 Posted by Marz (5646 posts) -

Suns because I've lived in AZ most of my life.

#42 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

I loved the early 2000s era Sac Kings, it doesn't look like they'll be there for long.

#43 Posted by Hailinel (23976 posts) -

The NBA?  What's that?

<----Bitter Seattlite.

#44 Posted by FesteringNeon (2160 posts) -

Back during the Tim Hardaway / Alonzo Mourning era.. I used to be a Miami Heat fan.. Once D. Wade joined, I got back into watching the heat again.. until SHAQ happened.. since then i've not cared a single ounce for their championship year, or anything since. While I should be happy LeBron, Bosh, and Wade are together, I don't really care. I've turned all my sports energy into the NHL and NFL.

#45 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@TheVeteran13 said:

" The one with the tall African American gentlemen on it "

#46 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
@bukkookkub: Yeah, I hear the 'phins are doing really swimmingly right now.
#47 Posted by HistoryInRust (6276 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" LET'S GO, LAKERS!"
This.
#48 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" @TheGreatGuero said:
" LET'S GO, LAKERS!"
This. "
You mean "Let's go get crushed by OKC in the Conference Finals!"
#49 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Buh-Buh-Buh-Blaaaaazers!

They lost last night...
#50 Posted by HistoryInRust (6276 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: It was close, though. And I totally think they can steal that series. 

@example1013: OH PLEASE. WE ALL KNOW MEMPHIS IS COMING OUT OF THE WEST.