• 177 results
Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Shazam

Okay lets take out all these bullshit extremes and just talk about both options.  None of these potential allowances, the stories which combined are  'Well what if the woman is raped by a mutant zombie who is actually her father and he happens to be into stem cell research and he tells her that her child will be disabled?". Just leave 'em out. Horrible incidents such as that obviously are grounds for abortion.

I'm talking about normal cases, cases that happen every year. A 21 year old has a drunken one night stand and becomes pregnant.  She has two choices, carry or terminate. Neither is wrong, just simply choices as either way she won't keep the child. Is it that hard to hold something for 9 months? Can she not just give it up to adoption and give it a chance at life? Or should she accept the over-population problem (As previous assholes have pointed out) and abort the fetus which may grow to be unloved by mother and unknown to father.  Maybe she is lives with her very conservative parents who will ostracize her for getting pregnant in the first place? None of us know the answer of what one woman would do. What makes me laugh is that more than half the people who have posted on this site will never have to make this choice due to the fact they are men. Men trying to dictate to women what is right and what is wrong. I even read some sadists saying there should be mandatory abortions. Are you kidding me? That isn't helping a woman out of a difficult situation, that is "helping" all women out of a situation you perceive to be difficult. Both sides have shown scant respect for one another and not a single mother or child has been helped. By being Pro-Life you are dictating to women who need to have abortions what is right and what is wrong - essentially telling them they are evil and placing a taboo on pregnancy which caused them to have an abortion in the first place. Most people who claim to be Pro-Choice are just as bad as the high and mighty Pro-Lifer. Dictating to women and forcing their opinions about solutions to over population. Why can't everyone just let a woman cross that horrible bridge when she comes to it? Meaningless pedantics and trivial points will not win anyone over and more than a few people have gotten into heated debates. This question has one answer. Let the woman decide.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#152  Edited By Snail
Jayge said:
"Snail said:
" It will exist. He/she will have a life, with or without a meaning, happy or not, one cannot tell, but he/she will have a life, and he/she deserves one like any other fetus."
It *could* exist. Something you still need to learn."
Exactly, one shouldn't remove the odds of it existing.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#153  Edited By Drebin_893

But Shazam, if we accept that, what can Snail and Jayge disagree about!?

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Shazam
Drebin_893 said:
"But Shazam, if we accept that, what can Snail and Jayge disagree about!?"
Who's better at bullshitting?
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Drebin_893

Hmmm, now this is a hard question....

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Jayge_
Milkman said:
"
There's a difference between throwing around petty insults and being downright insulting. I admit that I do throw around meaningless insults a lot but that's really for my own self-amusement. However, you are usually falling in the later and just spurting out ignorant bullshit. A person just tried to express their feelings on something that obviously feel very strongly about and all you could think to say was "Hey, I just wanted to remind you guys that I'm a huge asshole."
"
You're kidding, right? You think you just throw around "petty insults"? You're consistently one of the most outrageous flamers on this website. You constantly curse people out, randomly come into threads to randomly tell people how stupid they are in the harshest of terms and then tell them to either shut up or fuck off because you don't like what they're saying, insult many different facets of the community, and make a bigger ass of yourself than I could if I tried. You're right- there is a difference, and you are on the side of "downright insulting". Case in point, you claiming that I spout out ignorant bullshit, which is your (much less qualified and baseless) opinion, framed in an insulting manner. I never resort to insults when I'm "falling", given that there have been very few debates on this website that I've partaken in where I can say I was in the wrong, and you weren't a part of any of them. I'm also never the person who starts the insults, whereas you're always the initiator. If you seriously think you're any better than me in any way whatsoever, you really need to get your head checked. The post you just made describes you in every way, except you're generally worse. If you're going to be such a huge fucking hypocrite, at least acknowledge it.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Snail
Shazam said:
"Okay lets take out all these bullshit extremes and just talk about both options.  None of these potential allowances, the stories which combined are  'Well what if the woman is raped by a mutant zombie who is actually her father and he happens to be into stem cell research and he tells her that her child will be disabled?". Just leave 'em out. Horrible incidents such as that obviously are grounds for abortion.

I'm talking about normal cases, cases that happen every year. A 21 year old has a drunken one night stand and becomes pregnant.  She has two choices, carry or terminate. Neither is wrong, just simply choices as either way she won't keep the child. Is it that hard to hold something for 9 months? Can she not just give it up to adoption and give it a chance at life? Or should she accept the over-population problem (As previous assholes have pointed out) and abort the fetus which may grow to be unloved by mother and unknown to father.  Maybe she is lives with her very conservative parents who will ostracize her for getting pregnant in the first place? None of us know the answer of what one woman would do. What makes me laugh is that more than half the people who have posted on this site will never have to make this choice due to the fact they are men. Men trying to dictate to women what is right and what is wrong. I even read some sadists saying there should be mandatory abortions. Are you kidding me? That isn't helping a woman out of a difficult situation, that is "helping" all women out of a situation you perceive to be difficult. Both sides have shown scant respect for one another and not a single mother or child has been helped. By being Pro-Life you are dictating to women who need to have abortions what is right and what is wrong - essentially telling them they are evil and placing a taboo on pregnancy which caused them to have an abortion in the first place. Most people who claim to be Pro-Choice are just as bad as the high and mighty Pro-Lifer. Dictating to women and forcing their opinions about solutions to over population. Why can't everyone just let a woman cross that horrible bridge when she comes to it? Meaningless pedantics and trivial points will not win anyone over and more than a few people have gotten into heated debates. This question has one answer. Let the woman decide."
Dude, I don't even know where to begin with.

Yes, I agree wit your first paragraph criticizing Bigger Bomb's hipothetical situations. Mypoint all the time has been "Do not use abortion as a contraceptive procedure, only as a last resort".
Terminate is wrong. Terminate is to take a life. May she have the child and give the child to adoption if the child is unwanted for there are couples that cannot have children and would appreciate having those unwanted ones. She can hold someone for 9 months, give someone for adoption without ever having conscience problem, without ever taking a life, and being fair to the fetus who deserves a life also, as you pointed out. Overpopulation is just a way for people to feel that "killing someone is making this world a favor". Well if that is so go to hospitals and kill new-born babies, it's the same.
When you give the people the power to choose they will most likely take the easier path and that is abortion. If you give people the power to choose most will choose a path they will regret taking later on. They will take the path of abortion. They will use abortion as a contraceptive.
Ignore the asshole who suggested mandatory abortions.
Need to have abortions? With so many ways to stop unwanted pregnancies no one needs to have an abortion, and if the woman is irresponsible enough (or gets raped) to get pregnant then she should give the child to adoption and give the child a chance in life.

Letting women decide is not a responsible act.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Jayge_

For the record, I am for letting the woman decide. And if any of that "pro-choice people who think people should be forced to have abortions" crap is directed towards me, than I've either misrepresented myself or you (Shazam) have misinterpreted me. That's all. I'm gone.

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Shazam
Snail said:
" With so many ways to stop unwanted pregnancies no one needs to have an abortion, and if the woman is irresponsible enough (or gets raped) to get pregnant then she should give the child to adoption and give the child a chance in life.Letting women decide is not a responsible act."
Says the person without a womb. I think that is all I need to say.
Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Aurelito

It's good.
Why should you care when you don't have to answer your cause to someone rather than simple humans? When there ain't no a soul, why should we care about it tending to agree to kill your own child?

(Someone has filled me. yes it was Mr logic)
lol.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#161  Edited By BawlZINmotion
Shazam said:
"Men trying to dictate to women what is right and what is wrong."

"Let the woman decide."
I didn't read every comment in the thread, but I think many of those I did read were taking a political/law stance, not trying to determine what a women should and shouldn't do if she were to find herself pregnant. In that respect I think both genders have every right to voice an opinion, and mine is that law should never get in the way of personal choice should no harm come to another person. Obviously whether an unborn child constitutes another person is at the heart of this generation old debate. However under law the man who impregnated said women can be forced into financial support for a decision that he has no right to or ability to make.

So expanding on the subject, why should a women get sole authority in such a decision when the man involved could be forced by law into support of something he doesn't want? It sounds harsh and I in no way think anyone, man or women, should have an influence over the choice of a pregnant girl. Going into what you wrote, if society is going to hold the man financially responsible I think he has every right to dictate because it is going to affect him. If the women wants full choice over the the pregenancy, the man should free from any responsibility going forward. Right now the choice is given to one of the parents while the other can be made to comply with support of a decision he did not make. That's not right and is a contradiction to the fundamentals of Western society.
NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By NukeGoBoom

A fetus is as much of a human bieing as a seed is a flower.A SEED IS NOT A FLOWER DAMMIT.The mother can do whatever she wants with the fetus becouse its not a human bieing with (not many) rights.
Also dont put religion into this shit.

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Shazam
Chainblast said:
"Going into what you wrote, if society is going to hold the man financially responsible I think he has every right to dictate because it is going to affect him. If the women wants full choice over the the pregenancy, the man should free from any responsibility going forward. Right now the choice is given to one of the parents while the other can be made to comply with support of a decision he did not make. That's not right and is a contradiction to the fundamentals of Western society. "
I completely agree with you and reading over what I posted, it does seem very sexist. But the reality is, most men want nothing to do with the child or mother and this is one of the reasons many women abort. Our society has many flaws. The ideal is that both man and woman is held responsible for the actions they make however we both know this is not the case. Why are women called sluts yet men called players? One is more negative than the other yet it should not be so. It takes two to tango as they say. To relate it back, a woman is usually blamed for the pregnancy, not the man. If you want proof just look over some of these posts, they are prime examples of how unplanned pregnancies are stigmatised and looked down upon. If the mother is usually taking the blame and the father is not even present, why should he be given a choice? If the fathers consent was necessary for an abortion, many would not take place for the wrong reasons. The father may do it out of spite,he may be in prison or just unknown. What happens if the father refuses to allow the abortion take place only to change his mind 9 months later? The mother is left with the burden and pressure. Yes, much good could come from giving the father a voice but much more harm could occur as well.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164  Edited By Milkman
Jayge said:
"Milkman said:
"
There's a difference between throwing around petty insults and being downright insulting. I admit that I do throw around meaningless insults a lot but that's really for my own self-amusement. However, you are usually falling in the later and just spurting out ignorant bullshit. A person just tried to express their feelings on something that obviously feel very strongly about and all you could think to say was "Hey, I just wanted to remind you guys that I'm a huge asshole."
"
You're kidding, right? You think you just throw around "petty insults"? You're consistently one of the most outrageous flamers on this website. You constantly curse people out, randomly come into threads to randomly tell people how stupid they are in the harshest of terms and then tell them to either shut up or fuck off because you don't like what they're saying, insult many different facets of the community, and make a bigger ass of yourself than I could if I tried. You're right- there is a difference, and you are on the side of "downright insulting". Case in point, you claiming that I spout out ignorant bullshit, which is your (much less qualified and baseless) opinion, framed in an insulting manner. I never resort to insults when I'm "falling", given that there have been very few debates on this website that I've partaken in where I can say I was in the wrong, and you weren't a part of any of them. I'm also never the person who starts the insults, whereas you're always the initiator. If you seriously think you're any better than me in any way whatsoever, you really need to get your head checked. The post you just made describes you in every way, except you're generally worse. If you're going to be such a huge fucking hypocrite, at least acknowledge it.
"
LMAO Okay, ya got me. I'm a dick on the internet. But the fact that you consider yourself so level-headed and calm is hilarious. I mean, look at yourself. You're having a panic attack because I called you an asshole. Do you really believe that you never insult the people in the exact same way? Come on now. If people really take to heart what I say on here then they need to get out more. Because if you're taking my stupid little insults seriously then you have some serious problems. Also, I'm pretty Shazam never insulted you before you said "Boo hoo". 
Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Hughes

Political topics on Giant Bomb, or elsewhere on the internets for that matter. GameFAQs, GameSpot, /b/, etc.
Always a good time.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Snail
Shazam said:
"Snail said:
" With so many ways to stop unwanted pregnancies no one needs to have an abortion, and if the woman is irresponsible enough (or gets raped) to get pregnant then she should give the child to adoption and give the child a chance in life.Letting women decide is not a responsible act."
Says the person without a womb. I think that is all I need to say. "
Congratulations. With this post you have proved nothing. I have numbers. Look at the number of abortions that are used like a contraceptive. There you go.
wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#167  Edited By wrecks

Should be completely legel and completely safe.

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Shazam
Snail said:
"Congratulations. With this post you have proved nothing. I have numbers. Look at the number of abortions that are used like a contraceptive. There you go."
Do you actually have the numbers of abortions that are used like contraceptive? I won't accept any source from wikipedia. You don't know each individual reason for a woman having the procedure done and never will. You will never experience it, only indirectly. In referrence to the earlier comment - you weren't referring to abortion as a contraceptive. You said:
Snail said:
"With so many ways to stop unwanted pregnancies no one needs to have an abortion, and if the woman is irresponsible enough (or gets raped) to get pregnant then she should give the child to adoption and give the child a chance in life.Letting women decide is not a responsible act."
So if a woman gets raped, she should be made carry the child to full term? She should have a permanent reminder of her attacker? Even if she gives that child up for adoption - the trauma will already have been made permanent. Condemning people will not change any one's mind. Specifically, you only seem to be condemning women. Men don't play a part in the making? Are they not one of the direct causes of abortions? Lack of fatherly support and indifference would be major reasons. Yet you can't see beyond the technicalities of abortion, it's the potential for life etc etc. Do you honestly think by ranting and refusing to accept even the most trivial of points you will change peoples mind? Can you not concede that if abortion must happen, it must happen on that woman's terms?

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Drebin_893

Shazam, have you ever been raped?

This is going somewhere, bear with me.
Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Shazam

Nope. I'd be way angrier with people on this topic if I had been. Continue?

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Drebin_893

Well then how can you comment about people being reminded of the trauma, because if you haven't been raped how do you know?

I know this is an irrational comment, and I agree with your points (I'm Pro-Choice, and I think that it's for the individual woman to decide). But this how dumb your comments about "Well how would you know,  you don't have a womb" seem.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I'm fine with it unless the baby can live outside the womb.

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Shazam
Drebin_893 said:
"Well then how can you comment about people being reminded of the trauma, because if you haven't been raped how do you know?

I know this is an irrational comment, and I agree with your points (I'm Pro-Choice, and I think that it's for the individual woman to decide). But this how dumb your comments about "Well how would you know,  you don't have a womb" seem.
"
I have made earlier comments about a friend getting an abortion for personal reasons. I shouldn't have to spell it out for you. I saw the effect on her.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Drebin_893

And I have a girlfriend who has a womb. A few months ago she had to have an abortion, and it had an effect on me and her. (I have discussed this before) So why am I not allowed to voice any opinion on this?

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Shazam
Drebin_893 said:
"And I have a girlfriend who has a womb. A few months ago she had to have an abortion, and it had an effect on me and her. (I have discussed this before) So why am I not allowed to voice any opinion on this?"
I didn't say that men weren't allowed voice their opinions, of course they are. All are effected by such an event. But deciding for women what to do with said womb? That was my point. I apologise if  it came across any other way.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Drebin_893

Ah, I misunderstood. Sorry.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#177  Edited By gearhead

As long as it is not in the very last weeks or months, than yeah. I am pro choice.