#1 Posted by Atary77 (502 posts) -

#2 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Chrome. /thread

#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Firefox. /Opinions.

#4 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Google Chrome.

#5 Posted by Atary77 (502 posts) -

Hey there folks. Sorry if this poll has been posted before on this particular forum but I was simply curious what web browser you folks prefer to use most.

Now I will set one ground rule. If you're gonna talk about why you like your browser of choice, please PLEASE don't simply say because you think all others suck and just go on a bad mouthing spree. I'd like to keep things positive so if you want just talk about why you like your preferred browser and NOT why you hate the others.

Me personally I enjoy using Mozilla Firefox. Since it's most recent update it looks great and I love the various add ons that it has like Firebug and Color picker for when you're making web pages of your own.

#6 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Chrome. Because I like things that work and don't need updates/crash at least once a day.

#7 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

CHROME OF COURSE

#8 Edited by Pr1mus (3869 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Firefox. /Opinions.

Your opinion is nonsense, NONSENSE I SAY!

#9 Posted by Jrinswand (1703 posts) -

Wow, there are a lot more Chrome users than I thought there would be. I tried it, but didn't really like it. I'm too used to Firefox, which I've literally never had any problems with for a period of several years. I don't know how long I've been using it, but I'll just put it like this: I can't remember a time when I used Internet Explorer.

#10 Posted by EuanDewar (4889 posts) -

Chrome jah

#11 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Pr1mus said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Firefox. /Opinions.

Your opinion is nonsense, NONSENSE I SAY!

Noted.
#12 Posted by Demoskinos (14757 posts) -

Chrome. It has awesome add-ons for Twitter and fantastic integration into google stuff like G-mail that I already use. Being able to log into my G-mail with a simple click on my browser is amazing. Also,it isn't as intrusive as a lot of other browsers are very minimalist and i like that! Its a tad bit of a memory hog but its also amazing that it runs everything on separate processes in windows meaning if one thing crashes the entire browser doesn't have to be closed which is amazing. Also one of the few browsers that support H.264 which is what Giantbomb uses for its HTML5 videos. HTML5 FTW!

#13 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Chrome, it is simply more streamlined and easy-to-use then firefox, and runs way faster for me too.

#14 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4967 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Firefox. /Opinions.

I'm okay with it.

#15 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Chrome; infrequent updates and fast. Firefox became too bulky for me. However it is still my backup browser.

#16 Posted by TheRealJpoe (134 posts) -

I'll go with Firefox even though I jump between them quite a bit.

#17 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

Chrome is the correct answer.

#18 Posted by ch3burashka (5040 posts) -

47 votes in, and only Firefox and Chrome have been voted for. IE, Safari and Opera must be feeling so lonely right about now.

#19 Posted by Atary77 (502 posts) -

@CH3BURASHKA: It certainly looks that way.

#20 Posted by UncleClassy (405 posts) -

Firefox because of dat Adblock

#21 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Chrome 
Because it's the one I'm still using since the last tiem I answered a poll about this a few months ago on Giant Bomb.  
Chrome is great when you wanna click poll answers. 

#22 Posted by Sackmanjones (4685 posts) -

Chrome 

If anyone picks explorer please tell me so I can laugh at you... and then feel bad about it later.

#23 Posted by President_Barackbar (3454 posts) -

Firefox because I'm not really picky about browser features. I used IE for the longest time until it crapped out on me, then switched to Firefox and never really had any need for another browser.

#24 Posted by Bubbly (253 posts) -

Chrome because it is just so much faster for me. Used to use Firefox because of a couple of addons, but the adblockers and NoScript equivalents, which are the only essential addons for me that were better on Firefox, have gotten better in Chrome. Haven't looked back since I made the switch.

#25 Posted by SMTDante89 (2563 posts) -

Chrome with a little bit of Firefox on the side. I was using Firefox exclusively up until about a year ago when Firefox would only open up half the time and so I switched to Chrome. Firefox seems fine now though, not sure why it was so unreliable back then.

#26 Posted by Atary77 (502 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

Chrome Because it's the one I'm still using since the last tiem I answered a poll about this a few months ago on Giant Bomb. Chrome is great when you wanna click poll answers.

Again, sorry for the repost.

#27 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10894 posts) -

Why are there five options in this poll, when in reality, there is only one? Chrome.

#28 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Atary77 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Chrome Because it's the one I'm still using since the last tiem I answered a poll about this a few months ago on Giant Bomb. Chrome is great when you wanna click poll answers.

Again, sorry for the repost.

Nothing to be sorry about. 
I'm just saying if you want a browser that's good at clicking it's own name in a poll about "preffered browsers" then Chrome is worth looking at :P  
#29 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

firefox

#30 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

I use Chrome. I love how absolutely clean it is. I have Firefox as a backup. No disrespect for Firefox, I've always been a huge Mozilla fan. I don't think I've ever willingly used Internet Explorer.

#31 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Firefox because Chrome was slow in my PC for about a week. I used Firefox as backup and never looked back.

#32 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Chrome. It's faster than Firefox for me.

#33 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Chrome. Used to use only Firefox, but it kept freezing on every website with flash, so I switched to Chrome and have stuck with it since.

#34 Posted by wemibelec90 (1622 posts) -

Used IE forever, mostly because I was used to it. About six months ago, it started going crazy on me. Crashes, not rendering sites properly (especially Giant Bomb, the most important one), and just little annoyances on a daily basis.

Finally gave in and switched to Firefox. Took me a bit of work with some plugins to get it where I wanted it - particularly history/favorite buttons and a not crappy address bar - but I've grown accustomed to it.

Chrome is much too simplistic and clean for what I want in a browser. I like clutter.

#35 Posted by m2cks (579 posts) -

Firefox, partly cuz of adblock, partly cuz of cute mascot.

#36 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

Firefox. What do I look like, a chump?

#37 Posted by pyromagnestir (4291 posts) -

I picked chrome, but really I use each of the first 3 options for different things. Chrome is my go to initially, but if I'm on giantbomb on chrome and suddenly get the urge to listen to a song on youtube I'll open up a firefox window rather than mess with tabs, which I'm currently doing now. Then if I also get the urge to pop on amazon and look shit up there I'll open up IE to do that there, which I'm also currently doing now. Why I do this I don't know.

#38 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1381 posts) -

A month ago it would have been chrome but now its Opera, cant explain why...its a mystery to even me

#39 Posted by SSully (4153 posts) -

Chrome for its minimalist approach, its speed, and how well it integrates with other google products(obviously).

#40 Posted by mlarrabee (2922 posts) -

After security, screen real estate is the most important aspect in my browsers. I do not use bookmark bars. I do not use optional toolbars. I use plugins to remove required toolbars.

At the moment, Chrome takes up the least space.

#41 Posted by Atary77 (502 posts) -

@m2cks said:

Firefox, partly cuz of adblock, partly cuz of cute mascot.

Hmmm, have you seen my profile? ;-)

#42 Posted by Redbullet685 (6034 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

Chrome. /thread

This, and what the hell is Opera?

#43 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

The fact that no one has voted for IE pleases me greatly.

#44 Edited by Toxeia (729 posts) -

Opera for mostly everything BUT shopping for lingerie for my lady friend (/wink, Firefox) and browsing Giant Bomb/Tested (Chrome).

I have Firefox set to not save any browsing data (a permanent incognito I suppose), and Chrome's support for the HTML5 video is wonderful. Opera though... I help people fill out forms for stuff like FAFSA and when I try to use IE9, FF, or even Chrome I'm met with messages telling me that my browser isn't supported and that I need to use the latest version of IE. Same error if I'm using IE =| Chrome works really well though. It's also been my browser of choice since the dial-up days when it was the only browser that had a built-in download manager (something WONDERFUL when you might get dropped by your dial up provider at anytime).

I will use IE9 sometimes, mostly for school stuff. Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. It seems secure, and it runs smoothly. Really, of the 4 browsers IE starts the fastest on my machine but there's just that stigma about it that prevents me from using it. Firefox comes in last, sometimes taking 3-4 seconds to come up on the desktop. Chrome and Opera are neck and neck.

#45 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

@UncleClassy said:

Firefox because of dat Adblock

Chrome has adblock as well...

#46 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

When I had an Apple laptop, I used Safari. Now that I have a Toshiba laptop, I still use Safari. I'm just comfortable with it to change.

#47 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

@TheUnsavedHero: I've never ever ever used Safari. I should give it a shot just to see how it is, but I've heard of the 5 here it's the least capable. You ever feel that way?

#48 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

@Toxeia: Not really. It all depends on what your doing with it I suppose. I tried Firefox for a spell and just couldn't get into it. IE was okay for the time I used it which was like seven years ago. lol. All I can say is just give it a shot and see if you like it.

#49 Edited by theManUnknown (166 posts) -

If I could easily sync my bookmarks between Opera and Chrome, I would eagerly use the former. As it is, the latter will do.

#50 Posted by BeachThunder (11830 posts) -

*preferred