So I'm a budding web designer/developer, but I'm feeling a little schizophrenic. I keep bouncing from editor to editor, IDE to IDE, and I just can't seem to settle on any one environment. Just so you feel my pain, here's a list of programs I've worked with over the past three weeks:
- Aptana Studio 3 (a full-featured, albeit unwieldy IDE that's slow to load, but has one of the best predictive text interfaces I've found so far.)
- Sublime Text 2 (came across this via Snide's recommendation during the re-design discussion...very aesthetically pleasing, but lacks some of the functionality I'm looking for.)
- BBEdit (a better TextWrangler -- loads quickly, has a handy CSS "cheat sheet". It's a nice program, just not sure if it's for me.)
- Espresso (has the best CSS editor I've ever seen, but it lacks in the auto-complete department, which slows me down a fair bit.)
- JEdit (see my comment about Aptana, sans the awesome auto-complete.)
I think I'm forgetting a few. I've used TextMate in the past, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to that before the new version comes out.