#1 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Just wondering, I have a whole bunch of horror stories, mostly, no actually all, involving alcohol. Some of my "highlights" include:

-Getting drunk and agreeing to be filmed for a Kerrang! TV insert. They shouted at me for grabbing the camera lens. Twice.
-Getting really drunk at a Lamb of God gig, then when we came outside I insisted everyone film me on their mobile phones, then proceded to bust out a freestyle rap. Mostly slurred old Method man lyrics. I didn't believe it when I was told, then I saw it on youtube.
-Again, slightly worse for wear, I watched Mastodon slay Wembley arena. Then Tool did the same. All of a sudden Herman Fucking Li came on stage! At least I thought he did, but just asumed I was just tripping out. Slowly it turned out I wasn't. Yup, go figure.

Lastly My favorite has to be after watching Black Label Society open up for Ozzy I went to the bar, only to be confronted by this kid, he was only about 16 and this was probably his first summer job, he had a bucket under his arm and was handing out packets of those little yellow foam ear plugs from it. This again was at Wembley where the acoustics are shit. So being a total dick I took the packet off this kid and bounced it off his forehead. I got my hearing back 2 days later. Zakk doubled his amp rig for Ozzy. I felt bad for being shitty to that kid, but more for my ears.

My best was going to the Astoria one night on a whim and seeing Chimera, and also Killswitch Engage a few weeks after they recruted Howard Jones. No one really knew what this new guy looked like, we just knew the skinny white guy from their video, then out came the fucking Candyman! Fuck me that guy is HUGE! 

So again just wonderin' what's your best / worst / just plain embarasing gig stories?

#2 Posted by cc23574 (665 posts) -

This one time, when I was like 10 years old, this girl I used to talk too was being threatened by some 14 year old kids. I though that if I would beat them up, she would go out with me.
5 min later I had a nosebleed, my eye was fucked up and I was embaressed in front of the whole school.

#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
'Hey, I got a spare ticket. You want to come and see Slipknot?'

'No.'

My best moment right there. That being said, i've only been to one or two so i'm no real position to say anything.
#4 Posted by ahriman22 (2747 posts) -
@jonnyboy: I broke my nose with my drumstick... Yup.
#5 Posted by BloodRedReaper (107 posts) -

Not mine, but a buddy of mine was playing a show and he wears his guitar a little higher than most and turns out his piece was hanging out... worst part according to him? Nobody noticed!

#6 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -
@cc23574 said:
"This one time, when I was like 10 years old, this girl I used to talk too was being threatened by some 14 year old kids. I though that if I would beat them up, she would go out with me.5 min later I had a nosebleed, my eye was fucked up and I was embaressed in front of the whole school."
I appreciate the fact that as you still linger on this event to this day, it has affected you deeply, and for that I sypathise. However I am after people's best/worst Gig experiences.

But if it makes you feel any better, I'm sure she appreciated it. Maybe.,
#7 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -
@ahriman22 said:
"@jonnyboy: I broke my nose with my drumstick... Yup."

*drumstick related*

On 2 occassions in my band class, I have broken my drumsticks while playing. Once at the very end of a song where I ended with a cymbal hit (top half of the stick flew across the room) and another time where I did the exact same thing...but the cymbal fell off its stand and the stand fell as well; along with the drumstick breaking. Needless to say both situations were hilarious.

I have a keith moon-like drumming spirit:P.
#8 Posted by cc23574 (665 posts) -
@jonnyboy said:
"@cc23574 said:
"This one time, when I was like 10 years old, this girl I used to talk too was being threatened by some 14 year old kids. I though that if I would beat them up, she would go out with me.5 min later I had a nosebleed, my eye was fucked up and I was embaressed in front of the whole school."
I appreciate the fact that as you still linger on this event to this day, it has affected you deeply, and for that I sypathise. However I am after people's best/worst Gig experiences.But if it makes you feel any better, I'm sure she appreciated it. Maybe., "

Woops, totally misread the title. Man this is embarressing. I'll go lurk in the shadows now.
#9 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -

what is ''gig''?

#10 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -
@angelkanarias said:
"what is ''gig''?"
Sorry, maybe this not a universal term, thought it was. Here in the UK it means, concert, tour, club show, by a band or artist, "Gig".