When cute dies

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By Tiwi

This is going to be a short post. (Mostly because the first time i wrote it I fell asleep :-P)

Don't do it little GUY! YOU ARE TOO CUTE!
Now for about 8 hours ago, I was walking home from school and found myself with a dilemma. Should I walk home the last kilometer or wait 10 min for a bus. For all the active people on this site the answer would be pretty simple, I ended up walking home. Now walking home is something i do quite frequently and it's no biggy. But today it turned out to be bad decision, but let's just say that if you have a light heart stop reading or I'll not make you really sad and ruin your day.  Srsly, I beg you!

So I'd got to around 1/3 of the way home when i noticed something in the trees next to the road, a squirrel. This is not abnormal since there is a thigh dense forest on both sides of the road. And as i passed the squirrel i realized that I was NOT in fact passing the Squirrel. I'd stopped and looked up at the cute and fussy ball of fur like 8 meters away on the other side of the road. 

For about 5 mins I just stood there and watched as it jumper back and fourth between two of the trees, until it decided that on a long branch stretching out onto the road.
As this happens i decide that I've seen enough and that i better get going. As i turn i see a car, a land rover, aprox. 50 meters away coming towards me.
This is were I get really sad... as i walked towards the branch, the squirrel jumped. It jumped of the branch and the car drove into it with it's grill. 
DUMP! Kadung,kadung.... and the car drives off, as if he had not seen it.  Coward!

A weirdly appropriate pic

I could not be lieve what I had just witnessed. I mean like wow.... that's a once in a lifetime thing, at least to watch it from the outside. In retrospective the squirrel might have tried to take it's own life, even though I can't wrap my head around why. Maybe it was bipolar or just strait up stupid, but such a cute thing does not deserve to die.
Although this was sad, Sidescroller lit up my day when he told me how he had seen a squirrel fly a bird. Yes he is crazy and that's totally not true,but man.... so funny.

PS.also jlrm01 you better comment on this
Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tiwi

This is going to be a short post. (Mostly because the first time i wrote it I fell asleep :-P)

Now for about 8 hours ago, I was walking home from school and found myself with a dilemma. Should I walk home the last kilometer or wait 10 min for a bus. For all the active people on this site the answer would be pretty simple, I ended up walking home. Now walking home is something i do quite frequently and it's no biggy. But today it turned out to be bad decision, but let's just say that if you have a light heart stop reading or I'll not make you really sad and ruin your day.  Srsly, I beg you!

So I'd got to around 1/3 of the way home when i noticed something in the trees next to the road, a squirrel. This is not abnormal since there is a thigh dense forest on both sides of the road. And as i passed the squirrel i realized that I was NOT in fact passing the Squirrel. I'd stopped and looked up at the cute and fussy ball of fur like 8 meters away on the other side of the road. 

For about 5 mins I just stood there and watched as it jumper back and fourth between two of the trees, until it decided that on a long branch stretching out onto the road.
As this happens i decide that I've seen enough and that i better get going. As i turn i see a car, a land rover, aprox. 50 meters away coming towards me.
This is were I get really sad... as i walked towards the branch, the squirrel jumped. It jumped of the branch and the car drove into it with it's grill. 
DUMP! Kadung,kadung.... and the car drives off, as if he had not seen it.  Coward!

I could not be lieve what I had just witnessed. I mean like wow.... that's a once in a lifetime thing, at least to watch it from the outside. In retrospective the squirrel might have tried to take it's own life, even though I can't wrap my head around why. Maybe it was bipolar or just strait up stupid, but such a cute thing does not deserve to die.
Although this was sad, Sidescroller lit up my day when he told me how he had seen a squirrel fly a bird. Yes he is crazy and that's totally not true,but man.... so funny.

PS.also jlrm01 you better comment on this
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

Yes, it is sad to see a cute animal die in person.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Symphony

I stopped reading after you told me to stop reading, so I can't comment on the rest of the blog. I'm just going to assume it's about you finding out that Superman is actually a squirrel and he went crazy with a lust for power and money and started attacking innocent children.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tiwi
@Symphony: no...I but then he would not die, he would live forever!
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ahriman22

Cars > Squirrels (Or anything that has legs)

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tiwi
@ahriman22:  Advice to all critters, FORESTS GOOD! ROAD BAD!
Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tiwi
@sidescroller said:
" Dude, I totally saw a squirrel riding a bird.  I did not make that up.  YOU ARE ALL THE CRAZY ONES! "
We believe you.
We're all here just to help you.  
We're all friends here.
Just put down the knife and we'll talk about it....
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

When cute dies, it bleeds gumdrops...so it's okay.  It's when the gumdrops die that a problem is created. 

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By mikevanpwn

What would you want the driver to do?

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tiwi
@mikevanpwn said:
" What would you want the driver to do? "
at least stop and go WHAT THE FUCK? did i hit a cat?" 
He drove away at the same speed
Either way, he could have take it off the road, i had to do that....
Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tiwi
@jakob187: it does not.... *sadface* *cries*
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ahriman22
@tiwi said:
" @mikevanpwn said:
at least stop and go WHAT THE FUCK? did i hit a cat?"  He drove away at the same speed Either way, he could have take it off the road, i had to do that.... "
You had no obligation to move it. Roadkill belongs on the road. It's just a squirrel, it's not that big of a deal.
Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A few months ago while filling up on gas, I witnessed a squirrel being hunted by a bird. The bird swooped down and grabbed the squirrel lifting it briefly into the air, about 6 or 7 feet, before dropping it. Obviously this bird was not about to give up so easily, it quickly flew back around and once again took aim. At this point the squirrel seemed a bit dazed, but it soon caught a glimpse of the beast flying straight at him and turned to run towards a tree, only it didn't  just run, it zig-zaged. 
While the zig-zag motion increased its chances of dodging the bird, it also slowed it down slightly. But that slight slow down, slowed it down enough for the bird to catch-up just as the squirrel was about to reach the outer edge of the tree. The bird had it for less then a second before they both slammed into the tree. 

To this day I wish I had gone to check if the squirrel was alive (I only saw the bird fly out) but I was in a hurry and the tree was across the street. I like to think that the squirrel was fine and lived to tell its kids when it heroically took on the great flying beast...and won.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Absurd

Damnit, I should've stopped reading.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Squirrels die all the time, this is not news.
Squirrels die all the time, this is not news.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By rjayb89

Did some pinata candy come out?

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By buzz_clik

I've got three words for you: B B Q.

I've also got a story about when my friend hit a squirrel that ran out in front of our hire car, just as we drove into Yosemite National Park. Thanks America - we've killed your fauna, now we're just gonna pop back home to Australia. Awww, poor Paul felt so bad about that.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By jakob187
@tiwi said:
" @jakob187: it does not.... *sadface* *cries* "
Then it wasn't cute.  You're welcome.  Signed, Captain Obvious.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Black_Rose

At least it wasn't your cat. I saw my cat being crushed by a car a few years ago, broke my heart to pieces.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cornman89
@Manhattan_Project said:
" A few months ago while filling up on gas, I witnessed a squirrel being hunted by a bird. The bird swooped down and grabbed the squirrel lifting it briefly into the air, about 6 or 7 feet, before dropping it. Obviously this bird was not about to give up so easily, it quickly flew back around and once again took aim. At this point the squirrel seemed a bit dazed, but it soon caught a glimpse of the beast flying straight at him and turned to run towards a tree, only it didn't  just run, it zig-zaged.  While the zig-zag motion increased its chances of dodging the bird, it also slowed it down slightly. But that slight slow down, slowed it down enough for the bird to catch-up just as the squirrel was about to reach the outer edge of the tree. The bird had it for less then a second before they both slammed into the tree.   To this day I wish I had gone to check if the squirrel was alive (I only saw the bird fly out) but I was in a hurry and the tree was across the street. I like to think that the squirrel was fine and lived to tell its kids when it heroically took on the great flying beast...and won. "
I'm not gonna lie; that was a pretty good story.
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Griddler

I've seen a hamster die before D:

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By inkeiren

This thread reminds me of how much of a mess I will be when my dog eventually dies.

I can't bring myself to care for squirrels, though.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

that is a sad story :( the squirrel jumped to the range rover.  

i have a story of a squirrel. i'm in the basement like usual it is hot so i open the window that is right by me. my cat starts moewing and jumps in the window and having a squirrel in her mouth. i'm looking at it seeing if it's dead or a live i see it breathing. it goes and hides. later that day my dad finds a dead squirrel in the grass so we think that it is the one that was in the basement. the next day i hear chips and to find out that the squirrel is still alive. i spent all day getting it out of the house.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#24  Edited By mike

At least that particular squirrel won't be able to contaminate the squirrel gene pool with his stupidity any more than it already has.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By Gunner
@MB said:
" At least that particular squirrel won't be able to contaminate the squirrel gene pool with his stupidity any more than it already has. "
What are you? Squirrel Hitler? 

WE SHALL CREATE A MASTER RACE OF PURE BLOODED SQUIRRELS!
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26  Edited By Cube

:( Poor guy.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
@tiwi said:
" @mikevanpwn said:
at least stop and go WHAT THE FUCK? did i hit a cat?"  He drove away at the same speed Either way, he could have take it off the road, i had to do that.... "
I've had three cats get ran over, and not once have they jumped up into the dashboard before getting killed. 
You have weird cats.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Hamst3r

This is the proper reaction to have when you hit a small animal with a car:

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By crusader8463

I'm a card carrying member of the following group so I'm happy it died, Our site is HERE

No Caption Provided

yes that's a real group, and yes my post is a joke.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheGremp

To be honest, I would have laughed.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers