#1 Posted by ALavaPenguin (185 posts) -

I finally [unfortunately] saw that insane mess remembering him talk about it a lot [I think it was maybe multiple separate times] on a bombcast, or a video, or something. However I don't recall where this was. After seeing that so called "movie" I want to go back and listen to what he said previously on it but I have no idea where it actually was. Any idea where this was? I feel like it was probably on two separate video/bombcasts but I may be wrong about that.

I only watched it because I was in the mood for a really terrible movie and recalled Jeff talking about that

#2 Posted by meatdimensionfighter (42 posts) -

He talked about it on a couple of bombcasts before the GOTY stuff

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14842 posts) -

more like a really terribly awesome movie.

#4 Posted by ch3burashka (5084 posts) -

breast milk you make my da-ay

#5 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5524 posts) -

They talked about it on the "Giant Bombcast 11/26/2013" episode. The conversation starts around 16 minutes in. I also wanted to re listen to that segment after watching the movie.

#6 Posted by Chaser324 (6556 posts) -

When is he NOT talking about it?

#7 Posted by crithon (3276 posts) -

he mentioned it about the same time it came out on Amazon Prime streaming video, so it's about less then a month ago.

#8 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

I ended up buying the Blu Ray of it. There is something about that movie, man.

#9 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

When is he NOT talking about it?

When he's talking about Windjammers.

#10 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

If theres one thing ive learned. The GB crew have pretty bad taste in movies. In the RIPD quicklook vinny says he really liked the xmen origins wolverine movie....enough said....

#11 Posted by Fattony12000 (7424 posts) -

spring breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaak

spring break foooooooooooooooreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrr

#12 Posted by Vuud (2000 posts) -

We need to stop talking about Spring Breakers and start living Spring Breakers.

#13 Edited by dropabombonit (1490 posts) -

"Look at all my shiittttt"

#14 Posted by RonGalaxy (3171 posts) -

Spring Breakers has been in Jeff's blood since the day he was born.

#15 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4525 posts) -
Every fiber of my being tells me I should hate this movie. And for some reason...I don't. I actually like it.

#16 Posted by AssInAss (2649 posts) -

Spring Breakers is awesome, love the fever nightmare of it.

#17 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

So I finally finished watching this last night and I really enjoyed how fucking weird it is. Although it's pretty easy to see how someone would hate it haha.

#18 Edited by development (2354 posts) -

I actually loved what the did with Selena Gomez's character... and that's something I would have never thought I'd be saying about her. Also, Vanessa Hudgens' character. The most remarkable thing the movie did was make me like celebrities who I had previously detested.

#19 Posted by Nodima (1203 posts) -

If theres one thing ive learned. The GB crew have pretty bad taste in movies. In the RIPD quicklook vinny says he really liked the xmen origins wolverine movie....enough said....

Is it bad taste if they have perfectly acceptable reasoning for it, though? It's fairly obvious that Vinny and Jeff gravitate towards movies that are a facsimile of the absurdity that runs rampant throughout video games. Jeff isn't a fan of the Fast & Furious franchise because it tells some deep morality tale about the thin line between heroes and villains, he's a fan of it because cars flip around all over the place and the storyline has slowly devolved into utter nonsense, originally a movie about racing cars with NoS installed and trying to bust the street racing cartels from the inside and now essentially a superhero franchise.

#20 Posted by Demoskinos (14842 posts) -

I actually loved what the did with Selena Gomez's character... and that's something I would have never thought I'd be saying about her. Also, Vanessa Hudgens' character. The most remarkable thing the movie did was make me like celebrities who I had previously detested.

For the opening third or so of the movie essentially being a Girls Gone Wild video the movie really takes a decisive turn. One that honestly, left me feeling uneasy through most of the movie especially Ashley Benson and Venessa Hudgens characters.

#21 Posted by development (2354 posts) -

@demoskinos: What I mainly meant was that I like that they set the movie up to be about her, then just portrayed her as a dumb naive kid and sent her home. The movie only got much, much better from that point on.

#22 Edited by Demoskinos (14842 posts) -

@development: I don't really think they did. I think it was fairly obvious it was mostly about Hudgen's and Benson's characters. I didn't get "dumb naive kid" but more that she felt extremely uncomfortable and out of place around alien and the people he hung around. I also think the point of her leaving was that earlier in the movie she was going on about how she felt so bored and trapped at school and then once things started getting a little to shady she realized that might not have been such a bad thing.

I mean really, the entire movies underlying thematic elements are loss of innocence. Faith ends up being the "good girl" out of the bunch while the rest continue to spiral down until stuff starts going really rotten. The whole point of the movie really is the arc of Benson and Hudgen's characters and showing how they turned from 20' something college students to by the end stone cold murderers who honestly through the entire movie didn't once show an ounce of remorse for anything they did.

#23 Posted by Strife777 (1583 posts) -

That movie was like $16 on blu-ray, THE DAY IT CAME OUT! How could I not buy this beautiful piece of art?

I honestly genuinely like the movie. It's so out there and just goes further and further as it goes on. Made me enjoy actresses I wouldn't necessarily enjoy normally. Not bad that they're pretty as well.

More importantly though, I work in a video store, and I just knew it would fuck with people's expectations. Everybody was looking forward to some Project X/The Hangover/American Pie type stuff. They HATED it! It was great.

#24 Posted by PimblyCharles (1447 posts) -

If you duders want to see another great movie from Harmony Korine (the writer and director of Spring Breakers), I highly recommend Gummo. It's a mock documentary about townsfolk in Xenia, Ohio after a tornado wipes out most of the town. It's highly disturbing, so fair warning.

#25 Edited by Animasta (14692 posts) -

I love it, but since I watch Pretty Little Liars it makes me wonder why Hanna, Ashley Benson's character, doesn't just murder everyone :x

or is making out with Mona

#26 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@demoskinos: What I mainly meant was that I like that they set the movie up to be about her, then just portrayed her as a dumb naive kid and sent her home. The movie only got much, much better from that point on.

I don't know if I would call her a dumb naive kid because she felt uncomfortable around James Franco's character haha.

#27 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

@nodima said:

@clonedzero said:

Is it bad taste if they have perfectly acceptable reasoning for it, though? It's fairly obvious that Vinny and Jeff gravitate towards movies that are a facsimile of the absurdity that runs rampant throughout video games. Jeff isn't a fan of the Fast & Furious franchise because it tells some deep morality tale about the thin line between heroes and villains, he's a fan of it because cars flip around all over the place and the storyline has slowly devolved into utter nonsense, originally a movie about racing cars with NoS installed and trying to bust the street racing cartels from the inside and now essentially a superhero franchise.

People are allowed to like stuff. I don't care if they like awful movies, i just know better than to trust their taste in movies thats all. Nothing wrong with liking some garbage.

#28 Edited by FengShuiGod (1486 posts) -

It's not Trash Humpers, that's for sure.

#29 Edited by PimblyCharles (1447 posts) -
#30 Posted by development (2354 posts) -

If you duders want to see another great movie from Harmony Korine (the writer and director of Spring Breakers), I highly recommend Gummo. It's a mock documentary about townsfolk in Xenia, Ohio after a tornado wipes out most of the town. It's highly disturbing, so fair warning.

You want something disturbing?

In real life, the first girl's boobs I felt up I felt a lump, shortly after watching Gummo (just like the scene in Gummo). Turns out she had a benign tumor.

#31 Edited by PimblyCharles (1447 posts) -
@development said:

@pimblycharles said:

You want something disturbing?

In real life, the first girl's boobs I felt up I felt a lump, shortly after watching Gummo (just like the scene in Gummo). Turns out she had a benign tumor.

That is fucking terrible! Hope it was removable. My mother had breast cancer, so I know how terrifying that situation can be for a woman.

EDIT: Disturbing situations and thoughts are something I do want out of movies, only because it eases the mind off the shitty things real life brings.

#32 Posted by Cheesebob (1236 posts) -

Springbreakers is the best worst film I have ever seen.

#33 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (747 posts) -

I just now watched Kids for the first time because of this thread. Man............

#34 Posted by Cheesebob (1236 posts) -
#35 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (747 posts) -

@acidbrandon18: Kids is a harrowing experience

I grew up in the suburbs so I couldn't relate to the NYC setting, but man that film felt real and awkward.

#36 Edited by ALavaPenguin (185 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

Different taste doesn't mean bad. Honestly I often find myself being quite opposite of what the general critics say I find actually. For one I enjoyed the xmen origins wolverine movie..... that doesn't mean I didn't see the flaws in it.... I did see them, but I still enjoyed my time watching it. While on the other side, I saw the "The Wolverine" movie and honestly I didn't like it much at all compared to some others, however I still had some things about it I did enjoy. The Wolverine looking it up seemed to also get tons more positive reviews over the origins one.... so there ya go !

There is nothing wrong with that. Some people just have different tastes and you shouldn't judge them by saying their taste is bad. That says more about yourself in general than their taste in movies. Plus some people can find movies that are bad... enjoyable in other ways. A movie doesn't have to be a masterpiece to be entertaining. One shouldn't be so jaded. Just because people enjoy movies with problems, it doesn't mean it is bad taste. Honestly if anything it shows more open mindedness than anything you show with what you said.

But yeah Spring breakers is..... kinda amazing and kinda terrible at the same time. To me it is one of those movies, that after you finish it, you can't tell if it is a brilliant masterpiece, or utter garbage, and that kinda makes it amazing in it's own way. I still dont' even know what I think about it at this point having a few days for it to settle in. I suppose it is a bit of both. Some of it was actually legit kinda amazing, while some of it was so insanely stupid it made it amazing in its own way too.

Funny thing is, after I posted this, a little bit after I finally found the podcast after some intense google searches and figuring out how long ago some comments about jeff talking about it were, and found it! I come back a few days later and some 30+ posts gosh O-O

Also I agree with what Nodima [I think that was your name sorry if I got it wrong LOL!] said.

Some people can enjoy movies not trying to be the next Godfather 2 or whatever you want to insert there for an example. One shouldn't be so jaded. Enjoy life =)

best way I can sum it up is what someone else said previously in this topic:

Every fiber of my being tells me I should hate this movie. And for some reason...I don't. I actually like it.

#37 Posted by Chaser324 (6556 posts) -

This movie is so damn weird - not only in terms of the things occurring in the plot, but it also has some of the strangest editing I've ever seen outside of some tiny experimental student film.

#38 Posted by Fattony12000 (7424 posts) -

@fattony12000 said:

This movie is so damn weird - not only in terms of the things occurring in the plot, but it also has some of the strangest editing I've ever seen outside of some tiny experimental student film.

I haven't even watched it yet, but it does sound interesting at the very least. I'm always down to clown with interesting.

#39 Edited by Cathryn (547 posts) -

Spring Breakers is pretty amazing. That Britney Spears sing along. Whew. Regardless of what's going on in the plot, its dream-like quality is very interesting. It's gorgeous to look at and the music is really good. Style over substance for sure.

I was about 14 when Kids came out. I didn't like it then, and I just watched it recently and it was even more difficult to watch now. It makes me horribly uncomfortable. One of my girlfriends growing up, who spent a lot of time in our town's skate culture still cites it as one of her favourite films of all time.