• 81 results
#1 Posted by neoyamaneko (154 posts) -

When I saw this:

After this, The Wicker Man was just icing on the shitcake.   Though he did momentarily surprise me with "Lord of War".
#2 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

#3 Posted by Baillie (4279 posts) -

Nicholas Cage is a great actor, end of.

#4 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Baillie said:
" Nicholas Cage is a great actor, end of. "
this
#5 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

ah lol Nicholas has always sucked dude, end of story, I mean seriously I can't even watch Con Air without laughing my ass off.

#6 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

When he started playing roles that were too young for him.

I mean he seems so old and yet they cast him in these roles that 20 year olds should be playing.

He was great in National Treasure, when he fits the part.
 But no one wants to see a 50 year old Ghost Rider. That doesn't really describe "badass".

#7 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@baconbits33 said:
" ah lol Nicholas has always sucked dude, end of story, I mean seriously I can't even watch Con Air without laughing my ass off. "
I suggest you watch more of his movies if you honestly think that...
#8 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -
@CL60: 
I've seen plenty of them, The Rock, Ghost Rider, Lord of War, Bangkok Dangerous, that one movie where he could see like 10 seconds into the future, Gone in 60 Seconds, etc.
#9 Posted by Baillie (4279 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" When he started playing roles that were too young for him.  I mean he seems so old and yet they cast him in these roles that 20 year olds should be playing.  He was great in National Treasure, when he fits the part. "
I was going to say something to that regard, but I think Cage is a great actor, he just doesn't have the greatest of roles.
#10 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3100 posts) -

Nick Cage is good at only one type of role. The type where he plays the guy who is in way over his head and can't do any shit about it. Point - Raising Arizona, his only good role.

#11 Posted by Colonel_Cool (808 posts) -
#12 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@baconbits33 said:
" @CL60:  I've seen plenty of them, The Rock, Ghost Rider, Lord of War, Bangkok Dangerous, that one movie where he could see like 10 seconds into the future, Gone in 60 Seconds, etc. "
Watch, Leaving Las Vegas, Face/Off, Matchstick Men, Adaption, The Rock, Raising Arizona. Etc.

All you did was list all of his shitty movies except Lord of War, he was also good in that one.
#13 Posted by Baillie (4279 posts) -

From memory

• City of Angels
  • Con Air
  • Face/Off
  • Gone in Sixty Seconds
  • Knowing
  • Lord of War
  • National Treasure
  • National Treaure 2
  • Raising Arizona
  • The Rock
  • Snake Eyes

Great in every role.
#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14564 posts) -

When I saw his hair in Con Air... (I like to end my posts with "...", it makes every post mysterious...)

#15 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -

I do have to say, Nicholas Cage is a good actor. He's usually the saving grace of a lot of movies. Well, except for G-Force..

#16 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -
@CL60:  I did say The Rock dude, and Face Off... eh.... it was ok.... however shows like The Family Man for some reason he fit into, and I actually kinda enjoyed The Weather Man.
#17 Posted by EVO (3932 posts) -

He was fuckin' badass in Wild at Heart.

#18 Posted by neoyamaneko (154 posts) -
@Baillie said:
  • Knowing
  • National Treasure
  • Snake Eyes

I mean....honestly......hell no.
#19 Posted by Baillie (4279 posts) -

Hey man, knowing sucks, but he's good in it. National treasure is a good film, I enjoyed it, haha. Snake eyes, great acting.

#20 Edited by TheLawnWrangler (1657 posts) -

Raising Arizona, the Weather Man, and Matchstick men are great, and I haven't really seen a role in which I really, really hated him 

EDIT: Adaptation was awesome as well, but I admire Spike Jonze for that film rather than Cage 

#21 Posted by artofwar420 (6299 posts) -

I really liked Lord of War. But yeah, Nick Cage has made some really shitty movies. Maybe he likes to get paid too much? Whatever the case, I heard some excellent impressions on his performance in the movie Kick-Ass.

#22 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

No matter what role he takes, his hair is always atrocious.

#23 Edited by artofwar420 (6299 posts) -

Found the trailer, too bad the quality is bad, but you get the idea.

#24 Posted by Osaladin (2529 posts) -

I never had any faith to lose.

#25 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

when i saw national treasure is when i lost what little faith i had
#26 Posted by Grim_Fandango (258 posts) -

He better off in the more intellectual roles, ie. Yuri in Lord of War, when he is off doing Hellboy and stuff, it just doesn't work, suffice to say, he is better off not doing action movies.

#27 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -
@baconbits33: 

Umm, Adaptation and Leaving Las Vegas wave hello with their cocks.
#28 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Nicholas Cage is pretty rad. I like him. He's had some really great quotes throughout the years. Some of which I like to use as often as possible. Con Air is probably filled with the best of them.

#29 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3710 posts) -
@baconbits33 said:
" @CL60:  I've seen plenty of them, The Rock, Ghost Rider, Lord of War, Bangkok Dangerous, that one movie where he could see like 10 seconds into the future, Gone in 60 Seconds, etc. "
For someone who hates Nicolas Cage you sure have seen a lot of movies that he stars in...
#30 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" No matter what role he takes, his hair is always atrocious. "
That's part of what makes him look so old.
#31 Edited by HatKing (6065 posts) -

I lose faith in the general public's taste in movies whenever I read about films in the GiantBomb forums...does that count for anything?  Those who hate him have only seen the big movies and those who love him keep listing really shitty action flicks(for the most part).  He has a few gems, but you got to know where to look, despite what Hollywood might think Cage does not perform best while in an action role.  He is a better "everymen" an "average joe", something like that is where he excells.  Adaptation is a great film, The Weather Man is good also, Raising Arizona is also damn good, notice something though none of these are action films.  Nicolas Cage has been type-cast into a role he just isn't very great at performing...also action movie directors are a dime a dozen and finding a talented one is more difficult than finding a needle in a haystack.

#32 Posted by Virago (2487 posts) -

man, moonstruck was his best performance. 
The End.

#33 Posted by RyanD (93 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: it worked i was very curious of what you did when you saw his hair in con air (last part rhymed, unintentional) 
#34 Posted by pirate_republic (1117 posts) -

He is a good actor... ...that's in terrible movies.

#35 Posted by Yummylee (22304 posts) -

I haven't quite given up on him yet, when i remember Face/off i know that he has the potential to create an utterly sweet piece of pie.
#36 Posted by Seedofpower (3947 posts) -
@Baillie said:
"From memory
  • City of Angels
  • Con Air
  • Face/Off
  • Gone in Sixty Seconds
  • Knowing
  • Lord of War
  • National Treasure
  • National Treaure 2
  • Raising Arizona
  • The Rock
  • Snake Eyes
  Great in every role. "

and Matchstick Men.
#37 Posted by JJWeatherman (14564 posts) -
@RyanD said:
" @JJWeatherman: it worked i was very curious of what you did when you saw his hair in con air (last part rhymed, unintentional)  "
lol. I was trying to answer the topic and say that I lost faith in him after I saw that hair.
#38 Edited by MB (12949 posts) -

If Nick Cage's Oscar was made out of chocolate and he was forced to take a bite out of it for every terrible movie he's made since Leaving Las Vegas, there would be nothing left of it at this point except the base.

#39 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum: Well when your stuck in a country that only likes to show Nicholas Cage films, and Jean Claude Van Damme films...... that kinda happens.
#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

when i watched national treasures i realized he's too old for this shit. thats when. i havent seen any of his movies ever since cuz i dont wanna hate his face though i already do
#41 Posted by Hamst3r (4557 posts) -

His best work is the Japanese commercials.

PACHINKO!

#42 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

#43 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

He surely entertained me with the 8MM flick. 
That was a really cool movie. 
Face/Off was pretty cool too.
#44 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1740 posts) -

I never had any faith in him... Granted, he has starred in some kinda cool flicks (The Rock really isn't that great, guys), but he has ALWAYS sucked in them.

I hate that guy, so much!

#45 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

I''ve never lost faith in Mr. Cage, granted I don't see every thing he does, but I think he's a good actor, albeit cast in a slightly too narrow frame.

#46 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

...why does everyone hate him?  He does the best he can in his movies...the problem is that he's in shitty movies.  >_>

He does the best he can with the crap he gets.  So I think he's very noble.  Although...his hair does suck.

#47 Posted by Hairydutchman (1040 posts) -

Since the 90's

#48 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @Hailinel said:
" No matter what role he takes, his hair is always atrocious. "
That's part of what makes him look so old. "

#49 Posted by ApertureSilence (1156 posts) -

The last Nick Cage performance I liked was in Adaptation, one of my favorite movies. 

Unfortunately, he then went on to make The Weather Man, The Wicker Man, Next, Ghost Rider, Bangkok Dangerous... all absolutely atrocious performances in absolutely atrocious movies.

#50 Edited by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

I think that Nicolas Cage is good actor. He has been in some great movies. When National Treasure 2 and his new movie coming out is when I started questioning his career. The new movie looks like deja vu of National Treasure.