• 154 results
#51 Edited by wjb (1662 posts) -

Maybe a month ago? I could not get to sleep for some reason the night before, and my body knew I was going to have a tough time staying awake at work. So I suddenly got sick after an hour and threw up. Went home and was freezing cold (actually had a fever and everything), but passed out for 7 hours. I woke up feeling refreshed and wonderful. It was weird.

I didn't throw up for years when I was younger.

#52 Posted by KeganBL (24 posts) -

Last Thursday for my 21st Birthday. I shouldn't have taken that shot of Jägermeister the stripper told me to have...

#53 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5515 posts) -

There was an extremely long gap where I threw up when I was about 4 or 5 and then went about 15 years till I did again.

#54 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1588 posts) -

Well, since I'm not a raging drunk, it would have been that last time I got food poisoning from Domino's

#55 Posted by Fushichou187 (106 posts) -

First playing The Unfinished Swan back in July. I had a beer and some whiskey on an empty stomach-- which normally isn't great but hardly puke-worthy-- but god. damn. that plus flailing about this game's opening level just made me so disoriented that I had to make a beeline for the bathroom.

#56 Posted by Jawshua (267 posts) -

Few months ago, I drank too much.

#57 Edited by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

About 14 years ago. I suspect bad food, cause I only threw up like twice and then I was fine.

#58 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

I remember the last 3 times I've thrown up.

2011 - The flu.

2003 - Ran too hard for too long during a PE class.

1999 - Ate a chili dog and drank a root beer float while walking home. Was stricken with the sudden need to use the bathroom, so ran the rest of the way home. Got there and promptly threw up on the steps.

#59 Edited by Plasticstars (171 posts) -

January, I think. I went down to have a few drinks with some friends at the university residence, drank the same amount of vodka that I usually do, and got ridiculously sick. It wasn't on an empty stomach either, so I still have no clue what happened.

#60 Posted by MiniPato (2741 posts) -

About 3 weeks ago. It was actually really bad. I was constantly throwing up and retching. It was the worst I've ever felt in my life. It was due to a terrible lack of sleep I think. Apparently lack of sleep can cause nausea and vomiting.

#61 Posted by thevisitor451 (13 posts) -

The last time I remember it happening was around 6 years ago, when I had stomach virus.

#62 Edited by ajamafalous (11998 posts) -

A couple weeks ago. Turns out I'm allergic to eggs.

Almost threw up tonight because I drank way too much and kinda had some nerves, but stayed cool.

#63 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

8 years ago. I got a fish sandwich with cheese from the school cafeteria. I haven't had a fish sandwich since.

#64 Posted by Buneroid (428 posts) -

When I was in a small town in Morrocco last year and drank tap water. Bad fucking idea, a couple of hours later I almost passed out after walking up a set of stairs and threw up everywhere.

This is probably the best one.

#65 Posted by Nev (548 posts) -

It has probably been about 10 years or so, maybe a tad less, or tad more. I think it may have been a stomach flu or something near Christmas one year. It's been long enough that I'm a little afraid anytime I feel like I may vomit, and think it's gonna be rough as hell when I do, due to the time it's been.

#66 Posted by SgtSphynx (1390 posts) -

One month ago today at around 5 am while I was in the hospital. Pain induced vomiting. Fun times

#67 Posted by dobschutz (55 posts) -

a few days ago. drank too much on an empty stomach, blacked out, i guess i ate some pizza then threw up sometime and found it in the morning. i always throw up when i get drunk and eat, semi or severely. :(

#68 Posted by Pr1mus (3914 posts) -

A couple months ago i guess. I get sick enough to throw up on average once a year.

#69 Posted by Shaunage (712 posts) -

About 7 months ago drunk.

#70 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -

About a month ago I went and saw one of my favorite DJ's at a local club. I chased a number of questionable stimulants with whiskey and had a great time. The club closed at around 2 AM, at which point a friend called me and invited me to an after-hours nightclub in the city. They didn't serve booze after 11 but stayed open 'till 6 AM, which pretty much encouraged hard drug use when you think about it. By the time the club closed and the sun started coming up I was more dehydrated than I had ever been before. My stomach felt like it was eating itself from the inside out, I was sweating bullets, and my heart felt like it was about to beat out of my chest. So I chugged a powerade which proved to be a terrible idea. The entire thing came rushing back up my throat and splattered all over some random Boston street corner. Apparently when you're that dehydrated you need to sip your drink rather than chug it so your body can get used to having a consistent source of nourishment again. I can be a fucking idiot sometimes, I tell you h'what.

#71 Edited by BeachThunder (11946 posts) -

I couldn't possibly remember; it must be well over a decade though (probably closer to two). I'm a little surprised at the frequency that people in this thread vomit =|

#72 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (789 posts) -

Six months ago when I was practically forced to do 20-ish straight shots of Chivas during a company dinner.

Yes, bad decisions were made that night.

#73 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

I'd say about 2 months ago. I was brutally hungover and just found myself puking all morning.

#74 Posted by Ben_H (3361 posts) -

Maybe a couple years back? I used to at least a few times a week because I had trouble eating food when I first woke up. I solved that by not eating until I wake up all the way now.

#75 Edited by Yummylee (21665 posts) -

A couple of weeks ago. I caught a bug and would routinely throw up around every 20 minutes across the whole day... I can still remember thinking how I wish I would just die instead.

#76 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

I was bar sweeping drinks recently and drank quite an excessive amount (for free!) and yeah, vomited hard on the way home, pissed myself in my sleep and then vomited again when I woke up. Definitely a high point.

#77 Posted by benpicko (2008 posts) -

I have no idea. Beginning of the year.

Hizang...?

#78 Posted by Sinusoidal (1518 posts) -

I can't remember. It was definitely booze related though. It's been a few years now at least. I don't hit the booze like I used to.

#79 Posted by Hunter5024 (5688 posts) -

I have no idea why I am so interested in the stories in this thread.

#80 Posted by chrissedoff (2108 posts) -

In July I had my wisdom teeth out and I threw up a couple of times the day of and the day after, probably from a combination of codeine, swallowing blood and being up and about too much.

#81 Posted by MrJorOwe (282 posts) -

Only once in the last year, from alcohol. Before that being hungover would include vomiting about 75% of the time. Glad I sorted that shit out.

#82 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

Yesterday, funnily enough. Went way too hard at the gym and paid the price.

Before that was New Years...Day, I guess, about 430am. We had been playing Cards Against Humanity where the winner of each round would nominate someone to have a shot. After about 12 hours of steady drinking that was finally enough to push me over the edge. Great time though.

#83 Posted by Fattony12000 (7418 posts) -

Years ago.

#84 Posted by CaLe (3988 posts) -

The summer of 2003. I was 16.

#85 Posted by Teoball (607 posts) -

I was at a new years party when I was 16 and drank a ton of different stuff(smart!)
After puking a while I fell asleep on the bathroom floor and woke up with the hangover from hell the day after. I vowed to never drink again
That was 18 years ago and I haven't been drunk since.

#86 Posted by SMTDante89 (2581 posts) -

Earlier this year, either late March or early April. I imagine it was the aftermath of PAX East. I figured after the first week of not getting sick I somehow avoided the PAX Plague, but it came about a week and a half after I got back from Boston, and it came with a vengeance.

Before that, I imagine it had to be a little over ten years ago. I'm pretty sure I was still in middle school at the time.

#87 Posted by jsnyder82 (735 posts) -

Last week. I get migraines pretty frequently.

#88 Posted by Intro (1207 posts) -

July 3rd-4th. Yeah.

#89 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3400 posts) -

When I saw that tweet showing a picture of Arizona Cardinals Defensive Back Rashad Johnson missing finger he suffered during a game.

#90 Edited by SeanFoster (868 posts) -

Probably close to a decade. I don't drink and when I get sick it's usually sore throats and sinuses.

#91 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -
#92 Posted by Veektarius (4838 posts) -

Last winter when Sandy hit and the power was out I helped pass the time with alcohol, took that a little too far, one could say

#93 Posted by SunBroZak (1117 posts) -

Last night. Tried to take some medicine to help me sleep through this flu bug I've got, and it ended poorly.

#94 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

A couple weeks ago, drank too much during emplegement...

#95 Edited by isomeri (1277 posts) -

A couple months back after leaving my friends party. We'd been drinking 98% ethanol and licking bear feet.

#96 Posted by Gruebacca (519 posts) -

Back in 2002

when I had the flu.

Rap Man.

#97 Posted by Sweep (8863 posts) -

I had to force myself to throw up on the beach in Malaysia, about a month ago, by sticking my fingers down my throat. I felt really ill before and a lot better afterwards. Wouldn't recommend it though.

Once I was done I started drinking again.

#98 Posted by Chaser324 (6552 posts) -

I had some pretty horrible food poisoning a few months ago. Not a pleasant experience.

Prior to that though, I think I'd gone for about a decade without throwing up.

#99 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2775 posts) -

I think two years ago I got a bad...downright evil... bag of pre-cooked India rice/vegetables. I though it was just weird species, but it was rancid in the bag. I had it coming from both ends for 8 sweaty hours.

I probably should have gone to the emergency room. I think the only thing that saved me was that fact that I worked in a pathology laboratory for six years - meaning my body had built-up a prior defense against common food illness bacteria. That defense is low now because I have not worked in a lab in 13 years, but the best way to not get sick is to eat shit that will get you a little sick - that old pizza - that bread with a little mold - that last bit of milk that 'might' be off.

#100 Posted by medacris (660 posts) -

I had a really bad stomach flu as a kid, so I've become a little leery of throwing up. I try to avoid it as much as I can if the feeling arises.