When it comes to working out do you find weight lifting or cardio harder?

• 61 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll When it comes to working out do you find weight lifting or cardio harder? (220 votes)

Cardio: Doing cardio can be alittle to much for my poor heart at times. 46%
Weightlifting: Fucking with those heavy weights ain't no joke, you can snap your shit up real quick if your not careful... 22%
Both: Its a desperate struggle trying to do both types of exercises for long, sometimes I might feel ashamed. 8%
Honestly I can do both exercises without much problems. I guess you can say I'm badass like that.. 9%
I don't feel motivated enough to start exercising, but I want to see the poll results. 15%

For me it was tough trying to do both exercises in the beginning. Last year when I was overweight I had to push myself. I had days when I was in pain, tired, sick, but I managed to keep going to the gym. I always walk to the gym even in bad weather conditions. I tried not to give myself excuses to not workout.

I felt like it was something I had to do for myself. I knew if I didn't do nothing about my weight, it would have come back to haunt me sooner or later. Anyway my determination eventually lead to me losing alot of weight. In the process I built some muscle and I can see the definition more. Though now I have the issue of having loose skin.

So I've been focused more on weight training. I do total body workouts 3 times a week, and cardio on the days I'm not lifting weights. Nowadays I can do both exercises no problem cus I'm badass like that..

• 
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

It's a lot easier to half ass or do weightlifting totally wrong. I've been lifting for two years on average of 4 times a week and now JUST "getting it". Cardio sucks because it's really boring.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main cardio machine I use is the elliptical. I usually increase the resistance to 15 and go for 60 minutes. Once I got my music on I'm in the zone. For most part I put a towel on the machine so I won't see the time. If I look at the time it feels like everything is slower, and makes the workout feel longer. It just fucks me up at times throws everything off.

As for weightlifting time seems to go by fast. Afew times I've been to snap city hitting the weights to damn hard, but its bound to happen to anyone who weights trains. Though I'm always open to learn new workout routines. I've learned quite afew training methods, and I'm still learning.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Cardio. I started working out three months ago and to go from walking for 30 minutes to now jogging for 15 was a bit of a transition. The worst part of it being that I developed some knee pain which prevented me from running as much. Saw some stretches on Youtube that has alleviated some of the pain. The weights are easy.

Always remember that reps are more important than weight. Start in your range and work up over time. Trying to be manly and lift more than you can will only hurt you in the long run.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always remember that reps are more important than weight. Start in your range and work up over time. Trying to be manly and lift more than you can will only hurt you in the long run.

I usually try not to hit up more weights then I can handle. If I do it would be only to test my strength. The last thing I want is to end up like these guys...

Loading Video...

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

@brendan said:

Plyometrics. I AM /ENDING THIS THREAD.

Fuck Mary Katherines, leap frog squats, airborn Heisman's and swing kicks. More importantly, FUCK PLYOMETRICS!

Yoga's cool though. But fuck yoga too.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

It's very easy to hit pitfalls in both. I've seen people do some hilariously futile shit in the gym, from literally walking on the treadmill to thinking they're a badass because they can leg-press a third of their body weight.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By fattony12000

It's ice cream and yum yums for me.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's very easy to hit pitfalls in both. I've seen people do some hilariously futile shit in the gym, from literally walking on the treadmill to thinking they're a badass because they can leg-press a third of their body weight.

I've seen people do stupid and nasty shit at the gym too. I also seen alot of perverts that watches women workout. Though to be fair I do too sometimes, can't help it.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@evilnights said:

I've seen people do stupid and nasty shit at the gym too. I also seen alot of perverts that watches women workout. Though to be fair I do too sometimes, can't help it.

Yep. Certainly not the primary reason I go, but I can't say it's never happened either. It might work both ways; difficult to say.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@evilnights said:

I want to know the eticit on this. I go to the gym to workout but pretty women do pop in quite frequently. Also the dudes who run my gym are apparently well known personal trainers who train dudes and chicks for bodybuilding and bikini modeling contests. Three times as a matter of fact the chicks they're training go into the changing room and come out decked in bikinis. What am I supposed to do? Can I stare? The girls are actually competing in bikini contests where they're being stared at so I wonder if it's wrong for me to look. I usually look away or pretend to be looking somewhere else.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i

@falserelic said:

@evilnights said:

I want to know the eticit on this. I go to the gym to workout but pretty women do pop in quite frequently. Also the dudes who run my gym are apparently well known personal trainers who train dudes and chicks for bodybuilding and bikini modeling contests. Three times as a matter of fact the chicks they're training go into the changing room and come out decked in bikinis. What am I supposed to do? Can I stare? The girls are actually competing in bikini contests where they're being stared at so I wonder if it's wrong for me to look. I usually look away or pretend to be looking somewhere else.

Yeah I feel you.

I've seen girls wear questionable outfits to the gym. Usually I got no problem looking away, unless its a nice looking girl with big breast, fat ass, and a small outfit. It can be almost impossible not to notice them for long. Sometimes I feel like they do it on purpose just for attention. It doesn't effect my workout, but sometimes it makes it easier. Don't know if it makes me a pervert or not, but I like it.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

lifting heavy stuff is easy, cardio is a real killer for me, im in terrible shape lately and the treadmill is just murder on my bad knee's, its boring and feels pointless
i love the rowing machine but it does not feel like im getting anything out of it even after spending a ton of time on it.
so as a suppliemt i usually walk 5-10km before workout and 3-6km after. and when im not working out i walk to everything since everything is pretty much within a 3km radius.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm focused more on weights and calisthenics, but since I'm doing circuits, it gives me rest days where I end up doing a lot more light cardio (mostly walking) than I would normally be doing. I don't really do any heavy cardio though.