When playing games on the internet, how "chatty" are you? (text/mic)

• 82 results
artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By artelinarose

Not at all.  I never plug my headset in, always mute everybody else and just play. Even in MMOs. When somebody sends me a tell I pretend like I'm AFK until they leave me alone and if they don't, or send me another, I keep doing it until they either go away or the game logs me out.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Aus_azn
@natetodamax said:
" I only talk to friends online. "
That was the way that I set my Xbox to prevent me from listening to 12-year-old CoD players. On PSN, I'm usually on the phone with the person that I'm playing with because I hate PSN's chat and how everyone with a mic wants to make themselves a complete nuisance.

In L4D on PC is the only time where I send texts like it's nobody's business. Because, you kinda need to.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By ESREVER

Really depends on the game I'm playing, how familiar I am with that game, and who I'm playing with. 
If it was something like CounterStrike Source, I'd probably be all buddy buddy with everyone in a GunGame/Climbing pub. That was a game I could just relax to and enjoy the company of somewhat like-minded individuals. 

If I'm just playing a matchmaking in some random game I don't play often, I'll probably not speak at all, unless spoken to.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By LiquidPrince

I don't chat very much unless I'm playing with friends.

kemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By kemp

I never speak to random people I don't know but sometimes it happens i text to them if it increases my chances to win, if we're in the same team of course. Not in the 

psychological warfare style.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By AhmadMetallic

since i game on PC with people on my friends list, i chat. i dont talk nonstop like motherfucking Knifey_Spoony :P but i talk and communicate and say shit ingame 

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By cornbredx

None of the above.

In MMOs I chat with people who want to chat with me. On console, or FPS Multiplayer games I have everyone except friends on mute so generally if someone even was talking to me I wouldn't even hear it unless they know me and are on my friends list.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By fwylo

I talk a lot.  Not annoying I'd say, most people laugh at what I say or I strike up random conversations with people.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By dungbootle

I'll occasionally type in an "lol" when someone does/says something funny.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MrKlorox

It depends on my alcohol intake or how annoyed I get. I'm usually pretty silent unless drunk or somebody's spawn killing or whatever. In games that let me communicate with commands (Battlefield 2 for example), I'm very active in doing so regardless.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By ShadowKnight508

I talk when spoken to...I prefer playing completely focused (which means little to no talking), and talking sometimes distracts me, so I only talk when talked to by others.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Portis

Depends on the game and who's in it;

If other people in the game are having fun, seem cool and are chatting it up I'll join in. I do find this a rare occurrence, though -- most of the time when I get into games it's completely silent. Even when a majority of the folks in the game have a mic connected.  

Again though, it depends on the game for me. But I'll share some experiences I've had with certain games; in the games I've played online regularly in past few years only a handful pop out to me for having people who enjoyed using the mic, and for most part weren't complete jerks. Blur, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, MAG, Bomberman Live, Worms XBLA all come to mind -- I met a lot of really fun, cool people playing those games. Just as a quick example of games I have, or do play a lot online where I've had the complete opposite experience: Halo 3, and Halo: Reach, ModNation Racers and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. Nearly everyone I came across in Halo 3 were just the scum of the Earth, while in Halo: Reach I rarely hear anyone speak -- if I do they usually aren't saying anything you'd want to hear. Motorstorm: Pacific Rift is much the same in a way, I've never met anyone outwardly mean but that's because I've rarely, rarely heard anyone say anything. I've spent hours upon hours playing that game online, but I can count the number of times I've heard someone using the mic on 2 hands.

ModNation Racers is an oddity to me, because of the games cute aesthetic you'd think a lot of laid back people would be playing, but when I come across someone with a mic -- I normally hear some pretty heinous shit. It's gotten to the point now where I just mute all voice in that game.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By EmuLeader

Co-op I'll talk if the other person is reasonable enough to respond without sounding like a jackass.  Otherwise I only talk to friends, which in that case is quite a lot.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By J12088

Cannot stand voice chat in a single player game. I want to get lost in it and i can't do that with my mate chatting shit in my ear.  Ruins the experiance for me.

Multiplayer I'll chat away. Often distracts me to the point where i start dying more than i should but whatever i play multi for fun don't care about K/D and stuff. Always private chat tho. Way to many douchebags playing that just want to pick a fight verbally over just playing the game.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By NickL

in text form i talk alot 
in mic form i never talk

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66  Edited By zameer

Why wouldn't you chat? It'd feel like playing with particularly savvy and cunning bots otherwise!

anarchyzombie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By anarchyzombie9

When playing Xbox I usually go in a party or if Im alone just listen to a podcast because the community is fucking terrible.
When I play TF2/CSS I'll usually talk on the mic/text a bit.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#68  Edited By Jeust

Between B and C. I generally don't talk much, as I want to concentrate in the game. 

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't talk to people over the internet (when playing games) -- that I cannot punch in the face if they decide to be douchey.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By JJOR64
@natetodamax said:
" I only talk to friends online. "
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Dalai

I'm pretty much the silent type.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ch3burashka

I keep my mouth clamped. When playing online (usually TF2) I do my thing while listening to music, and to hell with my teammates. 

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By meteora

Only chat with friends, completely silent when I'm playing with strangers.

Fuzz_Butt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Fuzz_Butt

In Bad Company 2 I don't use my mic for anything. Sometimes I'll type something stupid. In Team Fortress 2 I use my mic to call out spies or to work with medics or when I'm a medic. So yea I use my mic with playing with strangers for certain games. Usually I will invite friends to a ventrilo room if we wanna do some real teamwork.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Example1013

I only turn my earpiece on (I got the SOCOM Confrontation thing) when it's worth talking, because my teammates are actually communicating about the game. So basically I blanket mute everybody in Black Ops, since no one ever has something worthwhile to say. But I am happy to mention that I picked up BC2 the other day and actually turned on my mic, after having found a couple of dudes to talk to.

I used to chat when I played MMOs, but I was in a guild, and we were always talking and shit. Vent was hella fun as long as other people were around. Sometimes I'd just sit in vent, even when I was supposed to be doing work, and just chat and listen. Ah, fun times.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By WickedFather

If I've not had booze I'm just normal kind of chatty, sweary, if I've had booze then I'm a torrent that tells you exactly how many toes I putting on the floor every step, in a very sweary way.  Some people love it.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By sumbog

I thought this thread was "do you text when you play games," which I do, I usually do not chat to the people im with though.

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Detrian

Mmo? Occasionally chat but I prefer to roll alone/just read guild chat most of the time unless it's with friends.

Other online games? Never. Maybe thank someone for a compliment I think was well earned.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ShaunassNZ

I used to talk fucking tons when I first played the brilliant PS2 game that came with the Network Adaptor, but that was just because it was awesome yelling at people and not getting beaten up, then I got my 360 and talked loads because it was awesome getting a response, now, I just talk when others are talking (no not butting in), it just gets old being a jerk and you just wanna play games. 

I actually find it more amazing is that I used to just STFU on PC whereas on console, just wasn't for me to STFU. Now it's just consistent across all, if there is someone decent to talk to I do, it people are just being noisy or there is no one talking, I don't just make random sounds. 

PS I just had a 12 yr old cousin stay with me, and so I showed him Halo Reach and we played together in matchmaking, he hadn't played a Halo in his life and I don't think he had actually ever played a multiplayer online game before, but when he heard little 13 yr olds singing being 13 yr olds he was like "U shud ghet ohn deh mik nd go "shutt tha fhuck uhp!" hahaha derp" and I just ignored him because I didn't want to explain that there's no point and people dont need to listen to you on Smexcox LIVE. 

*End of long story, I terrible one if that.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i did chat quite a fair bit (but not to the point where someone would tell me to stfu) but my mic is broken now.  i guess thats what i get for buying a 15 dollar one...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By CL60

I'm a C.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't say anything, and unless I'm in a party with some friends I don't even wear my headset.