#1 Posted by ottoman673 (389 posts) -

Hey duders,

I've used eBay plenty, and I've had general success in all of my transactions thus far, until now.

After last week's Burnout bombastica I decided to go out and hunt down a copy of Burnout Revenge for the 360, and ended up winning an auction on eBay for $12. The auction closed Sunday.

On Tuesday, I contacted the seller, asking why I still hadn't received any shipping confirmation. He replied later that night saying that he had just gotten back from off-shore, and would ship it tomorrow [Wednesday].

Fast forward to right now, and I still have not received any information on a product that was supposed to have arrived by today. When do I complain about this? Seems like a pretty shitty transaction so far.

#2 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Contact him again and ask the same question.
If some excuse comes up, complain.

#3 Edited by Jams (2956 posts) -

Hey duders,

I've used eBay plenty, and I've had general success in all of my transactions thus far, until now.

After last week's Burnout bombastica I decided to go out and hunt down a copy of Burnout Revenge for the 360, and ended up winning an auction on eBay for $12. The auction closed Sunday.

On Tuesday, I contacted the seller, asking why I still hadn't received any shipping confirmation. He replied later that night saying that he had just gotten back from off-shore, and would ship it tomorrow [Wednesday].

Fast forward to right now, and I still have not received any information on a product that was supposed to have arrived by today. When do I complain about this? Seems like a pretty shitty transaction so far.

Yeah you'll probably just end up having to file a complaint. I had something similar happen with an n64 game I got off of Ebay for only $10 or so. It kind of made me sour to the experience, but I guess it only happens once in a while.

#4 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2157 posts) -

Contact him again and see what's up.

#5 Edited by gaminghooligan (1350 posts) -

Yeah keep bugging him. I know this sounds mean but he needs to send you what you paid for, and fuck him if he can't. I had a guy do this with some vinyl I won, and I finally reported him to ebay for my money back.

#6 Edited by TehPickle (386 posts) -

There's a lot of really dickish ebayers out there. Be prepared for further disappointments in future. They're never far away.

My advice with ebay sellers: Be polite, but dont take any shit.

#7 Edited by jsnyder82 (688 posts) -

You should complain immediately. You did your part and paid for the item. Unless his being off-shore was mentioned in the listing, there's no excuse for the delay. Fuck eBay sellers that pull this kind of crap.

I have a friend who was screwed over twice in the span of two months by people who took his money and didn't send the product he paid for. And because of some weird loophole in eBay's system, they both got away with it and my friend was never compensated. I was his roommate, I saw the whole thing go down, and I could not believe it.

#8 Posted by mlarrabee (2761 posts) -

I usually give people a week. Some sellers just don't think to send shipping info, despite that failure being poor customer service. I had one item I waited two full weeks for before I emailed the seller, and Paypal refunded my money instantly when it was clear the seller was never going to respond or ship. Any item shipped through a national shipping service is susceptible to all sorts of delays, and I've found it's much easier to get reimbursed when it's very obvious that the seller is at fault.

I leave my complaints for the feedback/review, and the eBay/Paypal legal department in the half-dozen times it has come to that.

#9 Posted by TheHBK (5410 posts) -

Complain now. Whenever buying something and someone mentions they are offshore, means scam.