Where am I..?

Dingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dingo

Anyone else gets moaned at for mentioning or referencing games to much in day to day life?

Basically i got pulled into totally the wrong social group when I started collage, I play a lot of games and used to talk to my old friends a lot about them but my new dudes  just don't seem to be interested. 

Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Steve_Ramirez

There are a lot of people at college. Meet some new people if you think you won't get along with your current ones. Never change for anyone. But how much "referencing" are you doing anyway. You might want to turn the knob a little if you're pushing it too far.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Systech

Nope. I keep the fact that I'm a huge video game nerd on the down-low. 

Dingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dingo

I didn't think i mentioned it that much, and i think thats my problem i'm good at portending not to be a total nerd but when you get to know me.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kratos81

None of my friends have ever been in to gaming like I have. Now that Im older most of my "friends" are people I work with, and none of them play games and make nerd jokes if i talk about them, so I usually dont. 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond

Do you have much in common with these people?  Kind of pointless to hang around with them if you think what they like is dumb and vice versa.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kratos81
Diamond said:
"Do you have much in common with these people?  Kind of pointless to hang around with them if you think what they like is dumb and vice versa."
I dont just play games, I go fishing/hunting and camping with them as well. Gaming is something I enjoy doing by myself, The only time I play with other people is online or if my bro stops by. 
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Karmum
systech said:
"Nope. I keep the fact that I'm a huge video game nerd on the down-low. "
Indeed, well, sort of. I don't consider myself a huge gaming nerd, but I don't really prefer to talk about video games in front of many people. Especially with my friends, who are so fanboyish toward one specific console.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond
Kratos81 said:
"Diamond said:
"Do you have much in common with these people?  Kind of pointless to hang around with them if you think what they like is dumb and vice versa."
I dont just play games, I go fishing/hunting and camping with them as well. Gaming is something I enjoy doing by myself, The only time I play with other people is online or if my bro stops by. 
"
I was more talking to the OP but I think it works out fine if you have common interests.  Just keep those interests with those friends and maybe have other friends for your other interests.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RetroIce4

None of my friends are kinda gamers like me except one of them... and he is kinda a doucher too.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By penguindust

It took a while in college before I found a group that I was really comfortable with.  People who shared my tastes, interests, and sense of humor.  However, I made some great friends before that who introduced me to other new things that I'd never have considered had I not met them.  College is about expanding your perception as well as furthering your education.  Take the time to meet other people who may not be interested in games and see what their life is all about.  Gaming will still be here when you're done.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By oldschool

There certainly no point in talking to anyone in my age group about games.  I say really insightful and intelligent things and apparently it all comes out as , "blah, blah. blah".  Sad but true.

I'll just keep my gaming conversations with you blokes.  You seem interested and apparently this new game I got has blah, blah, blah!

It's happening again!
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By mracoon

Only a few of my friends are real gamers the rest don't really care that much.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Kazona

Friends? What are those. You speak of alien concepts.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Commando

Dude I joined a fraternity, and there are actually a few people who like videogames as much as I do in the fraternity. You get the best of both worlds(just like Hannah Montana). One group of friends to get drunk with, party, and meet girls with. Another group of friends to sit around and play games with. 

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Wolverine
Dingo said:
"Anyone else gets moaned at for mentioning or referencing games to much in day to day life?Basically i got pulled into totally the wrong social group when I started collage, I play a lot of games and used to talk to my old friends a lot about them but my new dudes  just don't seem to be interested.  "
Dude if they are not interested then don't talk to them about games. Talk to them about what ever they are interested in. You have us to talk to about games :)
Dingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dingo

Well done dudes... consider me helped, this is a cool community thx dudes. I'm kinda hanging around in two groups now... just kinda weird looking back now how i got mixed in with that sort of crowd, considering how much of  a nerd i used to be (Still am in secret).

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EvilDingo

Most of my friends aren't really gamers... or at the very least they have outgrown them.... But people know I'm in to game, and seems to be accepting of this.

TheOldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheOldOrder

We are living in a yellow submarine, I guess video games aren't for everyone some people are just dicks and judge others for their hobbies, tell them to fuck off and isolate yourself its the best for you

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#20  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Luckily all my friends at college (most of them came from the same secondary school as me) are like-minded nerds. We chat about videos games a fair bit, in fact we even got into a lengthy discussion the other day about all the brilliant console-exclusive series of games out there.